Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Universal Dorfen Constants  (Read 3069 times)

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Dorfen Constants
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:28 am »

My broker never has a job. It keeps his social skills up.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

lasserith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:53 am »

Registered off the IRC to suggest a name change for this: Laws of Thermodorfnamics. Yes/No/Other suggestions?
‼Pentagram-shaped Antenna‼

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:00:32 pm »

Fourteenth Dwarfen Law of Thermodynamics: Cats will always adopt the dwarf with the greatest number of friends in the fort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »

15th Dwarfen Law of Thermodynamics: Losing is Fun!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 01:52:31 pm »

The Doctor is always at rest. 99% of the time, he's at rest because he's not needed. When he is needed, he's on break.

This is more or less like real doctors actually..

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »

Registered off the IRC to suggest a name change for this: Laws of Thermodorfnamics. Yes/No/Other suggestions?

I was thinking Laws of Uristnamics
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 03:30:15 pm »

16th Law of Dwarven Thermodynamics: pi is THREE.  Dorfs can't be putting up with all this silly nonsense about "irrational" numbers.  This is why you can make a perpetual-motion machine in DF - the relationship between a waterwheel's circumference and diameter is different than it is in our world.

17th Law of Dwarven Thermodynamics: The possibility that you will have the right materials for a moody dwarf is inversely proportional to the usefulness of the dwarf's mood on the outcome.  A potentially Legendary Weaponsmith is the most likely to be unable to find the right materials and go insane.

Addendum to the 17th Law: The less useful the moody dwarf's profession, the more likely they are to take more valuable and rare materials.  One of the only six adamantium wafers your fort possesses will be used to produce an artifact piccolo.

I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »

The Doctor is always at rest. 99% of the time, he's at rest because he's not needed. When he is needed, he's the one injured.

Fixed that there.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »

Dwarves will always choose to build the wall on the wrong side.

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 09:14:39 pm »

I like to think that Toady specifically programmed in a very complex Mason AI which allows them to examine a situation, determine the dumbest place to stand while doing a construction job, and then inexorably do that.

I would rename this thread but I'm not entirely sure I'd like to contribute to this little meme we've got here.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

I like to think that Toady specifically programmed in a very complex Mason AI which allows them to examine a situation, determine the dumbest place to stand while doing a construction job, and then inexorably do that.

I would rename this thread but I'm not entirely sure I'd like to contribute to this little meme we've got here.

What's the worst that could happen?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 10:22:16 pm »

The Forgotten beast Toady One has arrived! A giant toad. Beware his deadly warnings!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:24 am »

If you have any sense of mercy please lock this thread now. I'm considering committing honorable seppuku over starting this meme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 02:06:41 am »

16th Law of Dwarven Thermodynamics: pi is THREE.  Dorfs can't be putting up with all this silly nonsense about "irrational" numbers.  This is why you can make a perpetual-motion machine in DF - the relationship between a waterwheel's circumference and diameter is different than it is in our world.

Did you know, someone in the US once actually tried to get pi legally changed to just three...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 02:16:01 am »

If you have any sense of mercy please lock this thread now. I'm considering committing honorable seppuku over starting this meme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How do you want it, slash or stab?
Pages: 1 [2] 3