Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I just caught 3 goblin snatchers...  (Read 1442 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
So I just caught 3 goblin snatchers...
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

What should I do with them...after getting my secretive mood problems sorted out, I got goblin rushed by 3 snatchers....who all ran straight into traps...*sigh* silly pathing. So what should I do with them? I ask the forums because as a whole they are infinitely more cruel than I. I do not have Magma yet sadly, But I am working on it....I do have water though...and wild horses.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: So I just caught 3 goblin snatchers...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »

Snatchers (remember to confiscate the equipment first) + Horse + 1x1 pit = possible death for the goblins. If that doesn't work, swap the horse with a badger. Rember to desing a way to clean said pit afterwards. For added gore, place a weapon trap with wood/metal spears/spikes. If you go with that, use water to clean it, and then make said bloodied water flow into your dining hall or some other place of your choosing.

Magma is always a better option, of course. Remember: if you can't get the magma to go to the goblins, you can get the goblins to go to the magma.

EDIT: corrected typo
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:51:19 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »

I always like building pits - just deep enough to break bones but never enough to kill outright. Then I let the gobbos crawl around and live out their lives in agony - until I want to farm silk or train my markdwarves that is. Add upright spikes for extra cruelty ;P
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:21:15 am »

Snatchers (remember to confiscate the equipment first) + Horse + 1x1 pit = possible death for the goblins. If that doesn't work, swap the horse with a badger. Rember to desing a way to clean said pit afterwards. For added gore, place a weapon trap with wood/metal spears/spikes. If you go with that, use water to clean it, and then make said bloodied water flow into your dining hall or some other place of your choosing.

Magma is always a better option, of course. Remember: if you can't get the magma to go to the goblins, you can get the goblins to go to the magma.

CLEAN your death pit? Are you sure you are a dwarf?
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:32:25 am »

make an arena for the goblins to fight soldiers.

disarm the gobbos, then give the soldiers training weapons.

2 effects: 1: a slow painful gobbo death. 2: a lot of fast training for your military.
This. Captured goblins are Pinatas full of XP for your military to crack open.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 05:46:53 am »

you can also toss them off 12-z level cliff to have otherwise unobtainable goblin bones.
Goblin bones are good because they are small and thus do not clutter workshops like cattle bones.
It's also awesome to have a moody dwarf make something from that stuff.

Remember that thieves usually break free and flee when you choose to pit or recage them.
Only if they get into a cage trap again after they fled, your dwarves can drag them to pits safely.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 12:04:19 pm »

You can just build the cage somewhere right? Put it in a room, lock the door (with some mechanism thing, they can lock pick), carve fortifications and train marksdwarves. Or test too see if that danger room with wooden serrated disks instead of training spears is too deadly.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 12:18:22 pm »

Well damn, Before I could do anything with them a siege of white tigermen attacked so now i have 3 gobbos and 8? tigermen
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:24 pm »

CLEAN your death pit? Are you sure you are a dwarf?

I like to have tanks filled with bloody water. Cleaning the death pit is an unfortunate side-effect caused when you collect the blood.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 03:16:14 pm »

I combine the pit drop with the military training.  I build the animal storage about 4 floors above the barracks and channel down through the intervening floors.  Then when I catch gobbos I chuck 'em down the pit, which is just far enough that they get at least stunned, if not break stuff, then watch my military leap on top of this magically-appearing, stunned gobbo and beat the tar out of him mafia style.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0