Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Succession Game For Newbies  (Read 5874 times)

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game For Newbies
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 08:54:34 pm »

Well, that was quick. If all the turns go this quickly, I'll be playing in no time.
Also, the only complaint about your post is the lack of screenshots. Other then that, good job.

frankienrg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 03:20:52 pm »

you should also update the first post, linking the save there and who's the current overseer (PMing the next player too).

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »

I'm just a dwarf in a lab coat, why would anyone take my lab. Anyway, I'm the future overseer of an apparently grand fortress, of beautiful proportions. I wonder if they would mind being lab rats. Anyway, I must say that something must be wrong there for them to want someone as legendary as me to boss them around. I must find adamantine here, then I will be among the rich and famous.

First Overseer Entry
It appears that this place is a bit of a fixer-upper, but um, it's small. And not elegant. And what have I got myself into.

Second Entry
I saw a cat, just this morning, while trying to find a private bathroom, which this place seems to lack. It was peeing, in the floor, right in front of me. I hate cats, I'm having the butcher kill that specific feline pronto. I feel so evil. It deserved it thought, so I face no guilt.

Third Entry
We have no butcher shop, so my plans went down the drain. Then I realized I could build one. Then we had no butcher. So I will have to live with it now, and leaving will make me enemy of the country so. Problem there.

Fourth Entry
No butcher, or butcher shop. The butcher shop still hasn't been built. I have made a special commitment. I heard what happened at Boatmurdered, and I've decided that now, there is no force on this planet that can stop me from making this place great! Not even Armok himself.

Fifth Entry
No dwarf in my fortress could build the shop out of stone, so it's wooden now, and now I have a killer ready also. it's the 18th of Slate

Sixth Entry
I've become the soap maker, as I thought it will be a job that I will never have to do. I've also reassigned Monkeysmith's job to (is an idiot)

Seventh Entry
I've been working on my fancy bedroom lately, and it's coming out well. If there weren't slackers anywhere. Monkeysmith did a horrible job in discipline. Speaking of Monkeysmith, I thought his journal says he left. I think we have a rat in the building, and not the furry kind. He's after the gems. Well, Monkey Smith Is an Idiot got what he deserved for that anyway. It's in his profession.

Eight Entry
It is 14th of Felsite, and we've had Goblin thieves suddenly. They took some stuff, but nothing useful, just my hat. I miss my hat

Ninth Entry
Two days after the Goblins, we get migrants, who were apparently next to where the thieves arrived

Tenth Entry
Okay, the miners aren't slackers. Instead someone had them smoothing stone everywhere, for right it's okay. But when I actually need them, I am positive they won't be there to work.

Eleventh Entry
16th of Hematite, and we have a fey mood. I wonder what it is. More migrants.

Twelfth Entry
More bumbling migrants have arrived. On the bright side my room has been dug and needs furnishing.

Thirteenth Entry
I've decided that once it turns the month Obsidian, I will live among my dwarfs, taking orders from a new overseer. It is now 4th of Malachite.

Fourteenth Entry
That little fey dwarf demands tanned hides, and logs, we have logs but no hides. When she goes insane, it had better not be berserk.

Fifteenth Entry
The fey mood craft dwarf has gone stark raving mad. We can replace her, a migrant was a craft dwarf.

Sixteenth Entry
Moving all stones outside the fortress, so that I can walk without injuring my feet.

Seventeenth Entry
Struck some gems finally, red tourmaline. Gems don't appear as much as Monkeysmith said. I'm not here for gems, I'm here for science.

Eighteenth Entry
Found some merchants, maybe if they came sooner I could get tanned hides, but no, they had to be slow and obnoxious. Little idiots. Little Monkeysmiths.
We have a lot of stone.

Nineteenth Entry
Do you know that cat that didn't get killed, it had kittens. This is just fanTAStic. Merchants, and cats. I hate them all. While babbling, I heard that stark raving mad dwarf say she was going to make me a staff. Poor me. 14th of Limestone.

Twentieth Entry
The mason adopted the kittens, and I've built a wood stockpile. The bookkeeper has a fey mood.

Twenty-first Entry
Great, the bookkeeper needs body parts. I'm not chopping off my arm and giving it to him. I guess it's time for military action, He's killing the mule. I know it should be the cat, but I don't want to upset the cat's owner and make him berserk.

Twenty-second Entry
1st of Timber, and migrants have arrived. Whoever oversees after me, they will be your problem, because the only bedrooms I've assigned, belong to me.
Bookkeeper went berserk, but the year is almost over, I can make it.

Twenty-third Entry
Signs of dehydration are all over the fortress, if you can call it that, I'm waiting for the new overseer. He should arrive in three months. it's still Timber.

Twenty-fourth Entry
Winter has arrived, still sticking to my plan. The mechanic went fey, but succeeded where everyone else failed. He created a masterpiece.

Last Entry
Even though it's still Moonstone, I'm becoming the average worker to make room for a new overseer. Well. I'm ready. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:59:20 am by Ddynamo »

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:00 pm »

How do I get the world, I already have it downloaded, but where do I put it?

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 06:05:31 pm »

In the save folder

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:49 pm »

where is it, nevermind
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:35:23 pm by Ddynamo »

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 09:00:37 pm »

Bad kitteh! If it was meh i wouldve punted it across the room.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 09:28:39 am »

I've been trying to upload it, but is says .dat files not permitted

frankienrg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:21 am »

I've been trying to upload it, but is says .dat files not permitted

use a program such as winzip or winrar (or 7zip, which is free), and compress the entire region1 folder.

MonkeySmith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 12:42:16 pm »

Or just right click the folder and scroll to "send to" then select compressed folders in the pop out.  after that just use dffd. 

Did i really do that bad?

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 01:39:53 pm »

No, you didn't do bad, I just like torturing my predecessors. And I'll have the link later.

Got the link
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:48:14 pm by Ddynamo »

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:30 pm »

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »

k downloading
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

dzha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • shff
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:52 pm »

I want to try a turn too! :)
shff.wordpress.com

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 04:56:41 pm »

here is the list of additions to the fortress added in my turn.

Dwarf Specific graveyard

Butcher Shop

Stone Stockpile

Migrants

Wood Stockpile

Military

My bedroom

Meeting Hall

Extended Hallways

I think that's all. By the Way, Monkeysmith was playing a girl. Found that out in legends.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:07:44 pm by Ddynamo »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5