Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Danger Room Lolz + question  (Read 1126 times)

dfJuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Danger Room Lolz + question
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:50:25 am »

So I spent a fair amount of time preparing my first danger room, I made it 4x4 every square with 10 spears in it and an armor stand to designate as a barracks. Even took the time to make sure the spears were low quality. So it gets set up, the spears all linked, I send two military guys in there, turn on the spears and BAM my two soldiers end up looking like they've been through a meat grinder. I had unfortunately used menacing spikes instead of training spears, the outcome was really awesome actually. One immediately dies, the other, we'll call him Ker the badass, sustained wounds to every part of his body by the time I turned off the room. Ker has every limb broken and bleeding, but I read that he is almost never sick and quick to heal. So now he gets sent to the hospital that consists of 1 chief medical doctor with 0 experience in anything doctor related. The doctor gives this guy 10 some splints after having to set almost every bone in Ker's body, suturing everywhere, wound dressing everywhere, and amazingly in a hospital with no well or even soap, Ker is eventually released with no infections.

However now Ker wants to return to his military duties but his ability to stand and grasp objects is lost. So he dragged himself to the weapons stockpile and has been trying desperately to just pick up a weapon, I'm getting spammed by the poor guy saying "Ker cancels pickup equiptment, too injured". I checked his health and it says that despite the ability to stand or grasp lost, he needs no more medical care. Is there nothing I can do for this guy? Would a better doctor be able to save him. Also I'm sad that my 0 exp chief medical dwarf still has almost 0 exp in medical stuff, guess it takes a long time to level him up. Is there any job I can give Ker that he can do now?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Danger Room Lolz + question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:28 am »

There are several ways to save your soldier. The easiest is to simply lock him in a room with no food or water until he dies of thirst. You could also drown him, dump him into the magma sea, collapse something on him, or leave him in the caverns to be put out of his misery by the inhabitants.

EDIT: Or you could go into the raws and give the MOUTH bodypart the [GRASP] tag (in body_default).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dfJuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:05:41 am »

Hmm, I was hoping to reward him just for surviving the beating he was given, maybe I'll make him a noble.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14:28 am »

He'll fit right in with the rest of the asylum - he doesn't do anything.

Now the question is: Can he eat and drink with no hands?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dfJuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:03 am »

Hmm maybe he'll eventually starve to death, sad I was starting to like the guy.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:48 pm »

I believe if his arms were badly broken, he'll actually need casts (made of gypsum plaster) to be able to pick things up.  The splints WILL help him heal faster, but they're not as effective at getting him back to work immediately.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:01:44 pm »

I believe if his arms were badly broken, he'll actually need casts (made of gypsum plaster) to be able to pick things up.  The splints WILL help him heal faster, but they're not as effective at getting him back to work immediately.

The guy likely has a spinal injury.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »

The guy likely has a spinal injury.

Or nerve damage.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:32 pm »

He can still clean and engrave/smooth stone--I always make my nerve damage cases into unofficial record keepers for the fort.  I assume they use their beards to engrave.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

OH you're supposed to use training spears for the danger rooms? No wonder my guys got beat up badly when I put them in there.. masterwork wooden menacing spikes + copper armor = no fun.  Damn that legendary carpenter I got from the 1st migration wave..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:35:04 pm »

Also, the wooden training spears can be of any quality. The quality only really affects how likely they are to hit, and you want them to hit a lot.