Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85857 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.
« Reply #1560 on: July 29, 2012, 04:45:42 pm »

"I guess I will, but I might need to bring that pamphlet with me, doctor."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 29, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

"It tells about the fungus and symptoms of infestation. I was looking around to see if anyone had symptoms. But yes, take it."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »

Bumping this.

Can you guys get on with your RP/actions already? Me and Serc are frozen in time and space. :P

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 01, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »

Sorry about the delays, a friend came over for 3 days and I didn't have time to roll among constant RoN and CnC3... sometimes I hate summer as much as I like it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1564 on: August 03, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »

Roll 83

Amatin prepared himself. He started by asking Varron roughly how thick the door was. Varron said about a foot... that's 30 cm, and 7.8g/cm³ times around ten thousand centimeters... that was around 81 kg of steel to be detonated, if he did his quick rough calculations correctly. He thought he'd have to limit the amount at a time to avoid killing everyone, so he started with 7cm slices. The first one evaporated as he activated his powers, releasing energy into the surrounding area, but Amatin's heat suit protected him, and the others backed away from the door. The next slices started throwing molten metal everywhere ([6] Amatin takes (10-5)*6 damage!) until he got all the way through, creating a rounded rectangle, bordered with glowing steel and drops of it slipping down the sides.

Behind the door, there was a large alien battlemech (!). Amatin, Milia, and Varron grabbed their weapons and aimed at the machine, but it didn't seem to activate. Zakroff then walked over and put his hand on the machine, remembering it's composition and structure just in case.

Varron gently pulled the two sides of the door open. The slabs moved almost effortlessly--Amatin must have obliterated the lock. He then gently dragged the mech out of the way and set it down on its two feet in a corner.

The next chamber was extremely high and cylindrical. The lighting came from the walls this time, with the ceiling being too far upward to see before the light dissipated. In the center of the room there was a round pedestal with a round slab of stone on top, larger in radius, which housed a black iridescent sphere. Below the sphere, there was a button, which, Zakroff, being sure it was not a trap, pressed immediately.

The sphere lit up, emitting green light as well as metallic dust. Slits on the room's walls opened, allowing lasers to shine through the dust, dispersing their light. The lasers then split, creating a floating image in the center of the room.

The image was animated, depicting an expanding light--one that repeatedly expanded then instantly shrunk back to its original size, and something else around it--a ship, apparently, of alien design, flying to it, then being pushed away in a straight direction, towards a small flashing light.. There was a map of nearby stars around the white light. There was also something that resembled a cross-hair near the expanding light.

"That's us..." Zakroff noted, pointing to the cross-hair thing.
"And the light is something..."

In the back chamber, Milia heard footsteps. She notched an arrow and turned around (+1 to next roll) to see Van Buren and a Cyrian officer with him.

"Oh Milia, I must say, you've made this harder for yourselves than it has to be."

Van Buren forged a telekinetic sword, while the Cyrian officer holstered his pistol then drew... liquid metal out of his backpack, which turned into a huge metal blade at his command.

--------

Kayle and Jaffar watched the thing begin speaking.
"Huh, you're still unchanged."
"I won't be. I came here to kill you."
"Oh ho, you can't do that while infected."
"For humans, maybe. I'm more than that, though."
The thing appeared frustrated.
"Ross, you're dead and you know it. And thanks to the partial infestation, I'll be able to locate every single one of your hivemind buddies. Your naive attempt at screwing over the Centauri backfired."
He pulled out a weapon that looked kind of like this:

While the thing drew a 9mm pistol. Winfield rushed forward and decapitated the thing before it could react, then mutilated the head with two more strikes.
He then cleaned the blade and put it away, then looked at the river.
Thinking aloud, he muttered something about not being sure if the water was safe to enter, and that he had to kill the developing ones there.

[2] Caplus electrocuted the water, but he saw that the bolt only took the shortest route to a pipe illuminated underneath the water with each shot.
He took the north route until he ran into Adiun!

Aduin had already been directed to the lab where he picked up the detector--a vacuum cleaner, by the looks of it, with knobs and chambers on the top half. Dr. Kleyn had instructed him to check the waterworks first, because infested personnel retained their intelligence. Since the fungus spread through water, it would be the first target, despite the fact that there were multiple layers of filters and the water was super-heated then frozen and thawed before consumption. The Doctor didn't expect infested thralls to know that.

Aduin headed down into the maintenance hallways. On the route to the waterworks, he encountered a positive match for the fungus enzyme in one of the water transport routes. He followed he flow of the water, continuing to pick up matches until he saw something bright in the way. He identified this as Caplus Orange.

"What are you...?"
"I found some fungus."
"It's going in the direction of the water?"
"Yup."
"Isn't that normal? That means the source must be in the opposite direction."
"It also means the infested personnel could be heading closer to the waterworks to sabotage the purification system."
"Wait, I'm hunting PsychoRoaches... don't tell me the fungus affects them too."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 03, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 03, 2012, 03:40:22 pm »

"We should probably make sure the waterworks are fine. that would be one of the first targets for normal sentient fungi."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 03, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »

Toss the kaleidobang at Van Buren then follow up with a shotgun shell to the face!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 03, 2012, 04:10:00 pm »

Shoot the Soulfire Rocket at Van Buren.
"I've stunned him, Varron! Try magic now!"
Examine the Cyrian officer in more detail: does he have any armor? How fast is he with that sword? What is the pistol's type?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:10:59 pm by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 03, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »

[Roll has been hidden]

The pistol looks like a revolver, albeit only a four-shot. It's probably some kind of high-caliber pistol, and it has hot-rod flames painted on the sides, so it might be more powerful than its stock counterpart.

[Roll has been hidden]

The Cyrian officer appears proficient with the blade, and the blade appears weighted with a heavy hilt and more material at the end of the blade than at the beginning. The sword itself is about a meter-and a half long, much too heavy for a person to normally use single-handedly, but he seems to be carrying it fine with just one.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

Maybe taking so long in between rolls is a bad idea because people forget that this exists. :P

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 05, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »

"True enough, come on, you lead."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 05, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »

Jaffar shrugged. He had NO idea what was going on.

Action: Watch and wait, follow Kayles lead otherwise.

OOC: DBZ/It's just I haven't been following the story to close enough to actually know what the Hells happening right now. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 05, 2012, 03:46:36 pm »

...it's just that I don't visit this board that often because it reminds me of the fact I have an RtD of my own that needs to be updated. Also, I don't know how the hell to roleplay Milia. :P

"Oh, please. You make this hard on yourself. For starters, you could forgo your plotting and be sitting on your coach with a nice glass of red wine this very moment."

Focus on the officer! Imbue Shot, pin the guy down somehow. ((I have the feeling he expects us to attack the 'Van Buren'...))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107