Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85875 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1515 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:38 pm »

Roll 81

Varron tracked the wires between the buttons with his clairvoyance. He traced the wires to some kind of metal cylinder on top of the elevator with a chemical inside of it, and other vertical cylinders within it. If his knowledge of electrical circuitry was correct, the blue button switched on the cylinder...

"Just go ahead and push it!"

Zakroff pushed the button, causing a humming noise to originate from the top of the elevator. The down button flashed again, so he pressed hat once more, and the elevator swiftly accelerated downward, surprising everyone at the sudden G-force.

When the elevator came to a stop, the doors flipped open, revealing a large metal chamber with a high ceiling and a large, dim crystal hanging from the center. There was a switch on the wall with a crystal on it, so Zakroff pulled that one, and the room lit up with a noticeable green tint. The strange smell from before persisted, probably from the employment of glowing crystals as decorative items along arches, walls, and frames. The purpose of the chamber seemed to be to house a large broken chunk of stone in the center with text on it, but there was a large door in the wall that seemed locked since pressing the glowing buttons did nothing.

The rock, surprisingly, had Middle English on it, along with other languages from Earth, but there were also completely unidentifiable languages on the stone.
The English portion read (translated to modern English):

Beware the destroyers, the foreign ones who pillage and steal your knowledge. They come from the fringes of the spiral, and grow as minerals in a cave tenfold. If you know much, they will come, unless you are prepared. If they do not know you, they will find out. Also do not trust the ones colored as grapes, their society as a whole is corrupt and deceitful. The color of xeno is regardless of their goal, both want to exploit empires despite thinking differently.

We are the lookouts. We were, but today we are not. Remember us and break the cycle.

What a wonderful description...

--------

Kayle finished typing up a transcript of the conversation. She noted that while an exclamation point for WInfield's shout implied he sounded deeply troubled, the distress was only slightly noticeable. Winfield was a talented speaker, though, so perhaps what was going on was very serious...

Winfield headed toward a door right below Kayle's position. Kayle looked around the hallway she was in and noticed the staircase to the lower hallway, and another staircase to somewhere underground--probably where Winfield was heading. She thought she could continue to follow him through there.

Jaffar made his way through the building, taking the long route to avoid being spotted on the cameras near the hole in the wall--just in case. He made it to Kayle's position.

Aduin sat down two tables away from the Ross soldiers and pretended to read from his pocket computer. He actually could read it since he had a modified screen custom-built to display infra-red instead of visible light--which also prevented people from spying on his actions. He expected them to talk about rumors or maybe even just what they saw around the base, but Caplus walked up to them, greeted them, then sat down at the table.

One of them was from the Aurora... he remembered her from the bar. He was lucky to be in different armor this time around because drunk people were usually trigger-happy as well, and if one of the people who invaded the Aurora and messed up it's AI was here... things would get messy.

"Hey there! Don't you three know it's Patriot's day?"
"I'm sorry," one of the men replied. "Me and James are new recruits. I'm sure Crysantha knows though Why is it important?"
"You should be having Ross drinks on this Earthday, not those native things."
"Well, a kind stranger bought them for us, it would be rude not to."
"Alright alright. Say, did you encounter any Iron Crown troops on your patrols recently?"
He figured the direct approach would work.
"No we didn't. Who are they again... oh right, anti-Centauri group. Top level priority. Why would the be here?"
"Well we shot a few down earlier. I guess they're planning to launch some kind of attack to kill the Centauri politicians. I don't know why else they would fly all the way to this planet."
"...are they well equipped?"
"As far as I know, probably not. They almost got mauled by a giant monster in the jungle, hah."
"Okay then. Are you sure they'll attack during the meeting and not try to ambush the political convoy though?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:57:12 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.
« Reply #1516 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:11 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »

((quick question! By Kayles position, meaning I'm next to her or in her general area?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 18, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

Zakroff spun around and pulled out his pistols pointing them at the crystals before saying, "So they're saying these damned things are alive? Just fucking great, anyone got a plan?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 18, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »

(Waiting to post since I want to know that to.  I don't want to just be like 'lol screw Jaffar' and continue pursuing Winfield if he's right there with Kayle. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 18, 2012, 05:14:53 pm »

"Yeah, I got a plan..." Varron said as he slid his blade into his hand, clenching and unclenching his other hand at his side. "Kill anything that attacks us. Other than that, continue what we're here to do."

Examine the crystals with Clairvoyance.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 19, 2012, 12:56:20 am »

((quick question! By Kayles position, meaning I'm next to her or in her general area?))

OOC: With her i.e. within talking distance. Not necessarily next to her but close enough. I couldn't think if a more eloquent way to put it in the roll.

The crystals seemed harmless. Varron wasn't sure, but they had no organs or nerves to speak of. They were just organic matter in crystallized form. Perhaps these are not the aliens being referred to? Varron had a difficult time imagining a race of brainless, senile crystals taking over entire worlds as the stone slab described.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:05:59 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 19, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

Continue drinking and listening.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

Jaffar remained non-chalant. He turned on his suits =comm system=. He spoke quietly.

="I got you in sight. You need me to come with you, or watch the exit?"=

Action: If Kayle agrees, accompany her-otherwise keep an eye out and remain cool, pretending to play a computer game on my vidphone.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:30:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 19, 2012, 01:35:54 pm »

Kayle put a hand on Jaffar's shoulder in greeting, then listened to his question. "Are you any good at sneaking? If so, I wouldn't mind the company. If not, wait here for me," she responded. Once she had his answer, she set off to follow Winfield.

(Also, agh, I keep forgetting about the Veil of Deceit. >.< Does that provide a bonus, or just make it less likely I'll be caught on a failure, or what?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 19, 2012, 01:41:30 pm »

"I'm not bad at it, if that's you mean. I evaded alot of Junkyard Dogs in my day. I'll go with you.

In any case, if they catch us, we can start making out and say we were just looking for some privacy. That always works, right?"
He offered, smiling sheepishly.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:23:58 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 19, 2012, 01:56:21 pm »

"Kayle laughed and shook her head. "I'd better take my helmet off, then." She did so and hung it from her belt. "Let's go, before we lose this guy and fall back to your Plan B out of spite." She grinned at him, then led the way.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

EDIT: OOC: The veil lets you hide in plain sight and requires a low roll (1, maybe 2 if your action was specifically to hide) to be caught while still. You still make noise, so you can be detected while moving. If you can keep quiet (indoors it's easy because it's assumed Cyrian suits have rubber boots for traction against ship flooring) then you'll me mostly undetectable. In a cave it depends on whether the ground is pebbly (hard) or solid (medium-easy).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:05:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 19, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »

(OK, thanks Zero. ^^^)
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107