Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85896 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1440 on: June 23, 2012, 03:12:16 pm »

2nd place, hitting the target 2.5 times :P. Only 4 groups out of ~15ish actually hit the target, sadly. Some couldn't even get the water balloon to move forward.

Also, our trebuchet fell on me.

Roll 77

"One moment. Varron, lower me down once I get back." said Zakroff, heading back for his drone first.

Amatin removed the back cover of his new repeater's drum, looking at the bullets inside. He pulled one out of its slot and examined it.
"These are pistol rounds!"

He reminded himself about the concussive pistols his party had acquired before, and remembered that Milia had the pistols in one of her cloak's many, many pockets. He asked for them as he neared the bottom, and began filtering the rounds out of the magazines as he climbed down the stairs, depositing them in a bag and clipping it to his belt.

[5] Zakroff returned, having set his drone to fire at will after configuring a small controller to deactivate the mechanism once the group got out. He also placed his gatling turret on the underside of the first set of stairs, ready to fire on anyone nearby other than Zakroff.

Varron picked up the team and carried everyone down through the gap in the cavern. Nothing happened... yet.

The cavern itself was different from the one before, and looked nothing like what was normally supposed to be on the planet. The cavern itself was natural, and structured just like the caves that the group had entered through. However, the floor and walls were covered with closely-packed purple and green crystals, each tip rising out about a centimeter from the apparent surface. The ceiling hosted larger crystals, formed like stalactites, also covered in smaller crystals, with both colors appearing on the same stalactite.
The crystals fluoresced in the sunlight, but did not provide any light to continue on with. The entire cavern was sloped downward and, judging from echoes, was likely just a narrow path.

On the upward route, the group noticed some jagged rock, arranged like rubble, but still covered in crystals.

--------

Jaffar snatched two sonic amplifiers off the rack. They were cylindrical shells with a rubberish stopper on each end. He checked them out at the counter and took out his mace, making his way over to a table and removing the cap screw. He removed the top and examined the system of material rods that transmitted the sound waves into the mace head.

Having modified maces before, he knew exactly what to do. He took a bolt cutter from the utility shelf and snipped a gap in each of the four transmission rods. Then, he soldered the amplifiers in between the gap he had cut, and linked the wires to the switchbox.

He put the mace back together and swung it--it definitely hurt his hand more than before.

Kayle headed out, not finding anything to suit her interests. She instead looked around for some freelancer-looking people that would take exotic merchandise. Perhaps, at least, they could show her to some kind of black market in the building.
She walked down to a short man in a dark cloak, thinking that he looked sinister enough.

[4] "Why yes, we have a place where you can sell stuff..." he had a light borderland accent... probably a junker, though not Polarian. This one more likely hailed from Aroth-Centauri space.
He directed her back into the shop area, into the Cyrian Arms store. There was a door in the back of the shop, behind the counter.
"Tell the cashier that you'd like to report a missing item."
"Just a missing item?"
"Yes, she is with us."
Kayle nodded, and walked up to the cashier. The cashier smiled, seeing her again, and asked, "What can I do for you again?"
[6-1=5] "I'd like to report a missing item," said Kayle, surprisingly confident in her abilities.
The cashier replied, "Alright, just head back here and we'll talk to management about it, alright?"
She sounded completely normal. Kayle wasn't sure if that man wasn't just trying to embarrass her or worse, get her arrested.

Then she went through the door, which led into a hallway with two curtains. She and the cashier walked through to a downward stairwell, leading into a large underground chamber with stalls, tables, and a single stage on which obscure traditional nomad music was played and items were auctioned. The item currently being sold happened to be a large, oversized taser of sorts. The current bid was 4400 credits.

Kayle walked over to one of the stalls, labelled "Buy and Sell". There stood a man in a suit with a pair of dark sunglasses.
"Hi there," began Kayle, in an attempt at a friendly tone of voice.
"How much is this worth?"
She took out the cleaver and dropped it on the table.

"A lot," replied the man, monotonously.
"I suppose, I could sell it for about a thousand, so what about... 700?"

(You are free to argue, barter, fight, etc)

Aduin waited in the bar for Jog to return. He had gone to some different sector of the compound to work on the machete. Since the Jog Cutters clan was mentally linked, they could exchange thoughts and amalgamate them into a sort of thinking machine. It worked far more efficiently than regular human collaboration, so they could finish jobs in record times.

*1 hour later*

Jog returned with a large bag tethered to his back, and another around his waist.

"Here it is, it took a little longer than I thought, because the material is very hard, but chips in irregular shapes. It was very hard to make, but the performance should be worth it."

Caplus put together a quick spell:

Spoiler: Electric Ice Spikes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stores! (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1441 on: June 23, 2012, 03:12:33 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 23, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 24, 2012, 03:11:28 am »

Aduin glanced at the bag at Jog's back and guessed that was where the blade was. While he would not be able to see the blade itself, he trusted Jog to have done a master's work; he had known him for years after all.

"I'm sure it is  Jog, I'm sure it is. Should serve me well on the job."

After Aduin took the blade, he said a few parting words.

"See you again in a few months or so; I'll bring some beer and we can talk about the old days, or complain about something."

Get the blade and browse the menus for Amorphous Hardworks and Reizer Electronics.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 24, 2012, 06:46:15 am »

Chip two crystals, one green and one purple, off the floor using my Soulsword. Pocket them so I can Glimpse them after the mission.

"Alright, people. We can split up, or we can all go in one direction. What will it be?"

UPD: Follow the downward route along with the rest of the group.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:25:15 pm by HmH »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:28 am »

Zakroff was near one of the cave walls using this pistols to break chunks off the wall as he spoke, "I suggest we stick together, if something like this used to exist throughout this planet then who knows what else could be in here, any who either way I'm going down maybe there is something more valuable further down."

Break off as many chunks of crystal off the wall as I can before the others start moving down the paths, when they do go down further into the cavern.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:37 am »

Action: Finding a quiet spot, Jaffar decides to work on improving his shield spell-redirecting the energy from himself back to the attacker, maybe?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08:53 am »

"You just pointed out I could sell it elsewhere for 1,000," Kayle responded. "Why would I take a lesser price here when I could go elsewhere? Perhaps there are non-monetary benefits to selling here?"

Kayle haggles, of course! :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 24, 2012, 02:47:22 pm »

Chip two crystals, one green and one purple, off the floor using my Soulsword. Pocket them so I can Glimpse them after the mission.

"Alright, people. We can split up, or we can all go in one direction. What will it be?"

There is only one direction at the moment, the other side caved in. Of course, it's loose stone, and what goes down can come back up... or so says a certain party member. :P

I'll have to ponder splitting the group later, but I don't necessarily want to right now because I'm trying to lead up to a different event. It's alright if you do want to though. I'll have some mini-rolls for exploration purposes.

I might have a plot event split you though...

"You just pointed out I could sell it elsewhere for 1,000," Kayle responded. "Why would I take a lesser price here when I could go elsewhere? Perhaps there are non-monetary benefits to selling here?"

Kayle haggles, of course! :3

Well, he didn't tell you that. I did. :P But metagaming is in this case excusable because haggling is always fun.

Hostile <|-----|-----|-----|-----O-----|-----|-----|-----|> Close

"So you do not agree with my price? What circumstances would warrant raising it?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:51:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 24, 2012, 03:04:29 pm »

"A lot," replied the man, monotonously.
"I suppose, I could sell it for about a thousand, so what about... 700?"

(Not metagaming, I don't think... I mean, if he could sell it for a thousand, then I potentially could too, right? >.>)

"The creature was quite difficult to kill. It took four of us to bring it down, and before we even fought it I witnessed a team of soldiers running, scared, away from it." Kayle folded her arms behind her back, 'at ease.' "That tells me they are usually avoided, not hunted for sport, so anything taken from them is valuable. Furthermore the beast only had two of these, so that would make them worth more than, say, their scales." She considered the cleaver before her. "I might consider letting it go at your original stated price for a discount at your store. Perhaps an assault rifle and a few class 12 energy cells for it at 25% less than the stated price?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 24, 2012, 07:13:50 pm »

[2]/[2]

Hostile <|-----|-----|-----O-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|> Close

Well, considering that the creatures are rarely hunted, I do suppose that I could buy for a little more (+350 = 1050). Being a broker isn't easy because we don't know where and when we will have an opportunity to sell things. Not on a remote world like this, of course. There is an underground population living in the jungle under the government's radar but they're usually not keen on buying assorted goods. That leaves foreign markets, which we can't readily communicate with. You know how the hypernet works?

[5] You know a lot about the hypernet, and may refer to yourself as knowing such.

Spoiler: Hypernet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:19:22 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 24, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »

"Of course." Every Cyrian knew that; it was practically part of basic training. Given that after all they had been through they were still a mercenary people and more often than not were on contracts for other races, knowing how intergalactic communication worked was vital. "I see your point." She thought for a moment. "You say you are a broker... do you perhaps have anything, oh, not strictly legal around here?" Credits were nice, but a black market gun could often be better.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 25, 2012, 05:23:13 am »

"Stick together. It's usually the best option." Varron nods slightly, arms crossed over his chest.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 25, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »

[5]/[3]

Hostile <|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----O-----|-----|-----|> Close

Why yes, we do have some things in store for those willing to buy them. In fact, one of them was supplied by a voodoo clan a while ago... thank you for reminding me. This should go well with them, so I will raise the value, but you can look at the gun and some other things if you want.

Hunter-Killer Revolver (6/6) [1]
Leechblade [8]

*I might add more to the list if you get higher rolls.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:01 pm »

(I guess by now everyone knows I love revolvers. XD I'm posting under the assumption that by seeing their stats, Kayle's been told what they do.)

Kayle considered the revolver. A gun that fired bullets that would go around objects to hit her target? Combined with her ability to see through cover, this sounded like just the gun for her. The leechblade sounded nice, too, but she didn't want to be greedy. "Would a straight exchange be fair? The Valaross cleaver for the Hunter-Killer Revolver? And... do you have more ammo for it?"
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107