Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85932 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 70! USSA National Anthem!
« Reply #1335 on: May 17, 2012, 05:58:40 am »

Jaffar lay on his back, blinking rapidly. His suit had been breached by the lifeforms downward blow-he had the felt the comfortable armor shell suddenly split open. Emergency systems sprang into action-the hiss of cold emergency sealant to close and pressurize the hole, combat stimulants to get him up and moving.

The feeling of sudden exposure was unnerving. Jaffar could now feel two sets of 'data'-his suit, and himself. There was a steadily growing burn in his belly, like someone had slugged him. He could smell his own blood, and the wild scent of rot and vegetation in the world beyond. Quite displeasing.

He saw Kayle interpose herself between them, and that brought him back.

This was a nice angle. Jaffar knew that belly had been had been damaged-if he was lucky, he could split it open...

Action: Stay down, and continue firing at the Valaross's belly while Kayle draws it off.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:02:19 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 17, 2012, 03:44:33 pm »

Curse my inability to notice when this thing updates!

"Bloody hell."

There is a consensus on running, so let's help Zak get to walking condition and/or distract the attackers before running myself. When in safety, get X-Bow reloaded.

Also: The purchases were 20 normal arrows, 4 explosive arrows, 8 wolfram bolts, 16 regular bolts and the crossbow. Reference: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90176.msg2905949#msg2905949
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:05:23 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 17, 2012, 03:54:17 pm »

Zakroff activated the built-in coms, and spoke hurriedly "We have to leave now, there are sure to be reinforcements coming, and these guys alone are just about more then we can handle. Amatin activate my drone, and then run with the others, I'll meet up with you later, but I'm of no use with my damned leg busted." With that he placed the pipe beside the whole in his armor, and began to focus, the familiar net of lines crossing his vision as his will set to work.

Use the pipe, and my powers to seal the suit backup. After that run down the nearest side corridor while trying to patch myself up with the medkit

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:41 pm »

Jaffar lay on his back, blinking rapidly. His suit had been breached by the lifeforms downward blow-he had the felt the comfortable armor shell suddenly split open. Emergency systems sprang into action-nanobots to seal and pressurize the hole, combat stimulants to get him up and moving.

No pancea nanobots for healing and repair :) . Combat drugs are fine, but nanobots are waaay too soft sci-fi, and would absolutely destroy the economy.

EDIT: Might I suggest a system of quick-drying resin pipes, with a sensor that increases circulation if there is a sudden drop in pressure?

Also: The purchases were 20 normal arrows, 4 explosive arrows, 8 wolfram bolts, 16 regular bolts and the crossbow. Reference: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90176.msg2905949#msg2905949

Thanks, I've updated it in the text file I use for the raw text.

Varron quickly dived for cover, throwing out his hand as he did so and, after focusing on the closest target for a second, began to turn it inside out.

In other words, Eviscerate the closest target while trying to get into cover.

I just want to remind you that you currently have a white-hot orb of molten metal and plasma on hand. It's been floating with you this whole time. You can use it for something, or maybe you can utilize it for some magic-based orb mechanic that allows you to augment your powers. I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:03:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 17, 2012, 08:19:44 pm »

Pull out my Wunderwaffe and fire at the 4 close vigies.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 17, 2012, 08:37:28 pm »

Tell the dragon to "Kill those who stand their ground! Leave the ones running away to their pitiful scurrying."

Activate Zakroff's Drone, give fire support to everyone else. Remind them to run for their lives when the dragon appears.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:39:17 pm by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 18, 2012, 12:55:40 am »

Scratch my last action, then. (I actually forgot about that, and I didn't know it was white-hot burning plasma/metal...)

Because screw what people say, get into cover and try to determine/use what the orb floating around me does.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 18, 2012, 04:54:31 pm »

It happened because you separated the fission grenade from the air around it using your powers. So it turned into a melted ball after Amatin broke the safety mechanism.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 19, 2012, 09:24:09 pm »

Oh. Right.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1344 on: May 20, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »

Roll 72

The dragon arrived at the site, attracting tracers from all over the dig site. However, the presence of alpha team edified most of the general worker's morale, so even while dragons flew overhead and massive waves of gravity thrust people into walls, the battle remained exclusively between the party and Alpha team, with some onlookers.

Amatin gave an order to his dragon by whispering to his sword.
"Kill those who stand their ground! Leave the ones running away to their pitiful scurrying."

Next, he shouted, at the top of his lungs:
"Everybody, run for your lives!"

Zakroff nodded and, limping first and then gently hopping across the ground, headed behind a forklift for cover. The dragon landed next to him. At first, he pulled out his pistols, but then remembering Amatin's words, dropped both weapons and attempted to climb into the forklift's cabin. The dragon ignore him and flew upward, looking for opponents. Predictably, the members of Alpha team began aiming at the dragon, unaware that it was under Amatin's control. Dragon attacks were more-or-less common.

*Note: You threw your heat suit off because it got slagged by the encounter in the hall. However, Varron gained a vacuum bubble ability so you're not necessarily trapped here forever.

Varron ducked for cover as the dragon, with a mighty beat of its wings, lurched toward the four close-ranged attackers, landing in their midst and knocking them down. It viciously snatched and clawed at the front guy with the flamethrower, dealing 19 damage.
The pyro, in response, pulled the trigger on his weapon and shot a jet of plasma into the air, then pointed the weapon at the dragon and continued firing. It stumbled backward, allowing the soldier to get up. Then, however, the dragon, covered in rapidly healing scars, expelled a burst of gas at the soldier. The soldier fired again but ignited the gas, causing an explosion which did 80 damage.

The dragon then looked around for more opponents. It sighted the squad of machine gunners, and so lunged toward them, knocking down all four.

Varron ran next to a large humming cylinder, standing upright. He looked around and noticed the other nearby cylinders, similar to this one. They all hummed. Varron guessed that they were motors, the sort that would, geared togeher, spin a massive drill such as the one here. But the drill was hung on a scaffold in the distance, already being decommissioned as the digging was done. The motors had to be powering something else, Varron deduced, because motors could easily be shut off to save power if the only thing they were needed for was drilling.

He sat down and focused on his fission ball. He moved it around consciously, feeling the heat with his clairvoyance, and being alerted of its heat by the heat suit he still had on. He realized that even though he kept it mostly separated from the air surrounding it, it radiated so much heat that it still actively cooled down as we waited. He decided to split it into smaller chunks to observe their properties. He was successful, as they were merely liquid. He then took one of the ten balls he created, and thought about it. Suddenly, it disappeared from existence.

[3] Confusedly, Varron looked around. Nothing had happened. He thought that Van Buren must have done that. but his clairvoyance didn't tell him anything. Neither did his inherent sense for magic that came with the powers themselves. He felt slightly warmer than usual, though, so perhaps it was his doing...

Milia clipped her bow to its quiver, then ran forward to help Zakroff. He took off his coat and put it aside to cool down, while Milia removed the First-Aid Kit and helped Zakroff patch up his own wounds (+25+30+10 hp). However, despite being sealed, Zakroff still complained about a numbness in his lower foot. When Milia pulled off Zakroff's own hasty bandaging, she noticed that the lower leg itself was barely attached to the rest of the leg.

"Uh... the leg. It's..."

She wrapped the joint in bandages to keep it from falling off completely and getting infected.

2 turns until Photon LMG volley.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Kayle continued shooting.
17 damage.

Jaffar continued shooting.
50 damage.

[2] Aduin struggled to hold on to the monster as it began clipping a few trees with its blades.

"Aaaah! I'll try to get its other eye!"

He fumbled, and dropped his dagger to the ground. It stuck into the mud, vertically, it's blade being much heavier than the hilt.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

Caplus reached into his suit's storage as the other vigilantes started to back away. He pulled out his WunderWaffe, or so he called it. It was an amalgamation of pipes, screws, wires, and vacuum tubes, which glowed brightly as Caplus brought his attention to it.
[3+1] "What you are now about to witness is your worst nightmare!" shouted Caplus, not caring for the sheer cheeziness oh his statement. When about to kill people, cheeziness didn't matter.

He zapped the front guy, who took 38 Arc damage, which melted his suit's chestplate. The shot jumped toward another nearby trooper, who took a mere 18 damage and stumbled back.
The furthest marksperson lifted her rifle and shot the Ross general.

"Screw you!" shouted Caplus.
Ross took the round to the chest. He did not stagger back as would be expected. Rather, he looked down at the wound and observed the lack of blood coming out of the wound. Instead, a blue paste oozed out gently.
The marksperson shot a second time. Ross still just stood there, apparently unharmed.
The marksperson then fired at his head. The instant the smoke cleared, Ross stood with a hole in his head, a black oily fluid leaking. His face started to shift around a bit... his mouth moved to the right, bringing in a bit of skin to close the wound.
"That was not very smart of you..."
Ross' voice was trembling. He sounded afraid, not angry. Caplus lowered his weapon and stepped back.
"Now Caplus, I'm afraid I won't be able to follow orders anymore. You'll have to stop me. Put your weapon away first."
Caplus did as he was told.
"Now then..."

Ross lunged in an instant, grabbing the front marksman with the ruptured chestplate by the neck. He exhaled deeply into the marksman's chest, releasing blue spores which entered the wound. The marksman, terrified, started yelling, but Ross subdued him with a quick jab to the helmet, shattering the visor and knocking the marksman down.

Winfield sliced apart a parasitic thorn bush that had sprung up in the side of a bladeleaf. The jungle here lacked plant diversity. He was repulsed by the nature of most of the life here. Even the trees, which were host to a variety of infections, infestations, and parasitisms, had their characteristic knife-sharp leaves, which could slit a man's through if he wasn't looking forward. And the trees were all over the place. The planet was one of the extremely rare single-biome planets that were still remotely habitable, having a breathable atmosphere and livable albeit warm climate.

He followed the trail of magazines lying in the brush that had fallen from the flying soldier's belt. While most of the magazines were hidden by leaves and shoots, Winfield identified them with ease, keeping a steady pace. He finally made it to the soldier's limp body. He squatted down and reached for the man's helmet.

The soldier's armored hand shot up and grabbed Winfield's arm. Winfield immediately held his pistol in the soldier's face. The soldier hesitated, then began to squeeze.

Wifield, rolling his eyes, slammed the pistol into the visor, then fired his pistol into the soldier's face. The hand let go, the soldier's body began to twitch violently, and the sound of sizzling could be heard through the steel plate.

Winfield stood up, rubbing his arm.
"Violent Energy," he began.
"Not something you stupid Iron Crown should know about."

He pulled the helmet off. The soldier's bloodied face fell down into the mud, continuing to twitch. Winfield could tell that the man was trying to be scared. The energy inside of him tearing apart his insides prevented him, though, as it gradually rendered his nervous system unusable.
"Anyway, before your ears stop working, I'll let you know what you are in for. The energy inside of you is sentient. It is also quite intelligent. It will eat away at your body until nothing remains but your brain and its bare necessities. The heart, the lungs, etc. It's a magical force that was blended into technology by..."
He paused, looked at the ground, then looked back at the man's face.
"Your's truly. And a wizard. But the wizard is dead now, legally, so I got all the credit. Life sucks, sometimes.
You'll have a talk in one of the marshcrawlers. Since once your brain is left there'll be no way to torture you or anything, we'll freeze you and keep you until we need more information about the Iron Crown. Until then, enjoy the scenery."

He disengaged the soldier's power armor, and hoisted the soldier onto his shoulders to carry him back to the party.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:21:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 20, 2012, 04:18:07 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 20, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 20, 2012, 05:39:14 pm »

"Oh, man. Judging by your leg we should just kill them before they kill us. Running isn't much of an option."

Check whether crossbow is loaded. If so: Take a potshot at one of the Photon LMG guys, and by potshot, I mean lethal headshot.
If not: Use Herros' bow and shoot an imbued arrow in the head of one of these.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1348 on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:44 am »

Well. Nothing to do now but throw miniature fission-grenade ball things!

What more do you need?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1349 on: May 21, 2012, 06:22:29 am »

Err...get off the creature, blind it, and if possible, take dagger. Run a safe distance and recuperate.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:10:53 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107