Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85972 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1215 on: April 13, 2012, 12:38:15 am »

"Cherenkov's away getting security clearance to the power plant before everything blows, so I'm replacing him for now. What is it?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 13, 2012, 01:43:32 am »

[6] The merc seemed ecstatic.

"Finally, someone else...

That guy rants all the time. None of us care about his war stories. Most of us are Polarian or Ross. Anyway, we've got a party entering via Lift 1. Can you signal the rest of our squad? They've got a heavy drone that I really don't want to be hit by. Also, they got my partner in the knee. Requesting medical assistance along with the additional troops."

"How many of them are there?"
"Just three, plus the drone. One of them can fly though, so I think they might be the wizards Van Buren was telling us to watch for. Can you notify him about it? Thanks. Lieutenant Hannibal over."

The call ended.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43:38 am »

Amatin looked at the Zombie Cherenkov with a smirk:
"Guess I won't turn off the bubble generator after all, now that I know they're not all Cyrians."
Cherenkov raised a brow and gave a short grunt, urging Amatin to continue the thought.
"It doesn't mean I'll save any, either. But I'll try and force a surrender on their side."

Quote from: Message from Amatin to Milia, Varron, Zakroff
I've infiltrated the base and am heading to your positions right now. These guys you're fighting - one took a shot in the knee and the other just requested reinforcements from me, so I bet you could get them to drop their weapons if you asked nicely.

Also, Van Buren instructed the mercs to inform their commanding officers of anything magical, so don't show off. Flying is a dead giveaway, Varron.

The last thing before leaving, Amatin pried open Cherenkov's computer and took the hard drive out. He figured that a mine overseer's data would fetch a nice price from the Centauri Command after the mission. He then turned to Cherenkov.
"Lead me to the L1 as if you were still in charge. Don't say a word unless you absolutely have to. I'll do the talking in all other cases."
Take Cherenkov's Hard Drive. Follow him to the L1.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 13, 2012, 04:03:33 am »

Reading the message, Milia writes up a quick reply: "Okay, I got this. Two questions, one, as you clearly have a plan here, what do you expect from us - and two, how many troops are currently heading towards our position, and how reliably can you manipulate their actions? I'll stand by for now."

Continue with the spatial observation... thing. Try to move my point of view around and test the limits.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 13, 2012, 05:05:29 am »

Quote from: Message from Amatin to Milia, Varron and Zakroff
I didn't actually send anyone down there, Milia.

The plan is, you tell the mercs they're outnumbered and offer to spare their lives in exchange for information, just like we did on Aurora. Their best bet right now is to win time for the imaginary reinforcements to arrive, so I'd be surprised if they didn't oblige.

Get directions from them while you're at it: find out where the terminal controlling the anti-spacecraft defenses is and how to reach the base's commanding officers. Don't mention the Artifact. Let them think your primary objective is to weaken the base against a pending Centauri invasion. We can't be sure Van Buren didn't lie about not reading his subordinates' thoughts.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 13, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »

Transform the two KP8s into a sniper rifle that uses 10mm bullets.

:P This best work

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:54 pm »

Run across the log if possible.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 13, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

Kayle waits to assist her allies in getting to stable ground however she can.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:47 am »

Varron, once he knew the situation, rolled out from cover and used his gravitokinesis to lift the mercenaries into the air, pressing them into the closest flat surface out of cover. "Mercenaries, huh... Surrender now and we might let you live... In return for some information, that is."
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 14, 2012, 12:38:26 am »

Run across the log if possible.

It's on fire...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 14, 2012, 12:48:59 am »

(Doesn't necessarily mean he can't run across it, just that it's dangerous to do so. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1226 on: April 15, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »

Roll 65

"Lead me to the L1 as if you were still in charge. Don't say a word unless you absolutely have to. I'll do the talking in all other cases"Amatin demanded.

"Yeah," responded Cherenkov with an unsettling confidence, his yellow eyes partly closed. He didn't seem to care too much anymore.
Cherenkov opened the door and led Amatin through a series of hallways and elevators. Amatin continued to don his heat suit.

[6] Zakroff lowered his submachineguns. He set them on the ground, realizing that there was no way to hit his targets at a distance with any degree of accuracy if his weapons kicked as they did. He thought for a second, then placed his hands on both weapons. They glowed white as he shuffled their components around with his hands. Finally, he merged them into a Double Barreled Sniper Rifle.

[4] Meanwhile, Varron stood up. He landed, having been levitating a meter over the lift's floor beforehand, and held his arms out. The two mercenaries proceeded to fly up into the dank air over the rock the previously used a cover. They cursed and screamed as they then began to hover toward their lift, letting go of their weapons, and causing [1] Milia to scream as they directly intersected her projected point of view. She had seen the insides of their stomachs and the Newcastle Ground Ferret clippings they had for dessert.

"Mercenaries, huh..." remarked Varron.
"Surrender now and we might let you live... In return for some information, that is."
"Might?!" exclaimed the one not bleeding profusely. His helmet had a dent in it from Zakroff's initial barrage.
"Roger here has an arrow in his leg and you're saying that you can just 'let' us live?"
Varron shrugged.
"Alright then."

The lift hissed as it entered the gap in the ceiling. The floor of the lift merged with the rest of the chamber's floor. The lights overhead activated, showing the five with an initial downpour of sparks. As the flickering lights dimmed and stopped malfunctioning, the room quieted down, allowing the party to survey the room. It was essentially a garage, with welding equipment on one side, a large door leading into the next area, and boxes of tools and metal on the opposite side.

Then, the door hissed, breaking the silence. Amatin stepped into the hallway, followed by a Cyrian official with yellow eyes.
"What's up."

--------

[5] Caplus decided to, in the midst of the smoke and ashes flying about, inhale deeply. His helmet filtered the soot and dirt from entering his body, but the carbon dioxide nevertheless made him dizzy. He concentrated for a moment, then took his helmet off and exhaled a plume of dry ice, giving himself massive frostbite and clearing a math across half of the log.

"Now!" he sputtered.

Aduin, Winfield and Ross darted across the log in response, with Caplus clearing the other half of the path as he went. As the four met up with Jaffar and Kayle on solid ground again, the log cracked and gave way, plunging into the lake, leaving a fiery trail as loose methane continued to ignite.

Winfield flipped out his radio and called mission control.
"Hello, this is Winfield...

You guys are going to have to take a detour..."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 15, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:02:24 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 15, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 15, 2012, 06:07:05 pm »

Stats for me rifle please :)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107