Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85988 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1185 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »

"Oh, right, Cherenkov! I remember that raid. Killed a lot of Aroth that day, didn't you?"
Amatin's teeth clenched as rage started taking over his mind. He didn't fight it: battle-rage, if the dragons were any indication, only made one's will stronger, and he'd need to be as strong as possible to pull off what he plans to do with that Cyrian asshole.
Work myself into a battle-rage and Zombify Cherenkov.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 09, 2012, 03:02:07 am »

(Infra-red)

Aduin, hearing no ambushing predator or being able to see that well for that matter, decided to just trudge his way onward, hoping not to become something's dinner. Also, wipe disinfectant off visor. If a human sound is heard, head for it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 09, 2012, 05:08:20 am »

"Hey Milia you mind giving me those KP8s I gave you awhile ago, I think I'm going to need them."

No problem, here you go.

GM, can I have a description of the surroundings too? Dig site? They are firing from above?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:47 am »

After the initial hail, Milia whipped out her crossbow and turned around. Her senses allowed her to pinpoint the rough location of the gunfire's source despite the noise being echoed throughout the cavern. She saw two dark figures with their weapons in the distance, perched upon a rock, not expecting to miss. In fact, they were lowering their weapons, convinced that when Milia and Zakroff dropped, they were down for good.

This room in the cavern is roughly 30m across... or about the size of an auditorium, depending on which one I'm more accurate on. It's basically a circle.
The lift is on the right side. The two assassin people are at about 10m away from the center, at an angle of 140 degrees (using polar coordinates :D)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:35:44 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 09, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »

Zakroff grinned slightly though the change couldn't be seen by others due to the mask, he looked at Milia and pointed towards the drone hoping she got the message. Quickly messing with a few seconds he set it to fire on the two would-be assassins, and then drew the two KP8s before letting lose a hail of fire on the unsuspecting duo.
s
Have the drone launch a shell at the would be assassins whilst mowing them down with the KP8s (Using Pistol Whip if possible)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:05 am »

Alright, so Adwarf's action is final? Alright then, rolling. I'll do the Iesac portion first in case Errol objects.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »

Alright, so Adwarf's action is final? Alright then, rolling. I'll do the Iesac portion first in case Errol objects.

I don't mind.

Keep crossbow drawn and snipe one of the assassin gentlemen as soon as he leaves cover/battle commences.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1192 on: April 10, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »

Roll 63

Amatin made to effort to quell his rage. This man had killed his race... many of them. The Cyrian invasion of Caldr was the bloodiest battle the Aroth had ever fought on the ground, and he wasn't about to let the deaths of 17% of the Aroth population go by unavenged. In fact, this was one of the commanding officers, judging from the distinctive badges on display for everyone to see. He especially noticed the light blue circular badge... it read "Caldr's Bane" in fine laser print.

[3] Cherenkov especially noticed Amatin's anger.
"Hey, comrade, what is wrong? Did you lose a friend on Caldr? Lose a duel?"
"I lost more than a friend..." Amatin responded in a deep, overbearing growl.
"You're not Tarnenkov..."

Amatin grabbed the Cyrian by the neck, almost strangling him, before realizing that he could be useful. [5] He relegated Cherenkov's mind to the lower levels of his own brain, leaving his body a senseless slave.
"Cherenkov, are you now my servant?"
The Cyrian scowled, retaining part of his original personality. He then replied with a growl remarkably similar in tone to Amatin's own.
"Yes..."

"Do you still have those KP8's on you?"
Zakroff asked Milia.
"Sure, here..." she whispered back as she passed both to Zakroff.

Zakroff grabbed the two guns, made sure that they were loaded, and aimed at the unsuspecting would-be assassins. He opened fire at them, waking them up and causing them to dive for cover.
(Accuracy: 1) Zakroff's fire hit mostly the wall (-80% damage), with few bullets actually landing on their intended targets.
Spoiler: Damage breakdown (click to show/hide)

[4] Milia managed to snipe one of the assassins (roll: 4 -> LMG user) before it jumped, dealing a total of 73 damage!

(74 damage. 2 * sqrt(1/2) = 0.5. 73.5 = 73)

Varron...?

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Aduin caught up to the rest of the party through the woods, wiping his visor with a bladeleaf spur. He walked on ahead, not noticing the gap in the ground until he saw a gaping black spot below him. Instinctively, he jumped back and fell on a shelled slug, crushing its flesh and creating a puddle of ooze that dripped down the slope of the cliff and into the lake he almost fell in.
He slid back behind everyone else, confused and afraid.

Kayle hopped up onto the log and got behind Jaffar , ready to open fire on anything that attacked the two of them. Caplus distanced himself from the pair by a few meters, keeping his rifle now fixed on the water. The weapon in his hands was so heavy that it took a great amount of effort to move without teetering side-to-side, so Caplus inched his way forward while the gap between him and the two ahead of him slowly widened.

As Jaffar began to calm down and control his breathing, the water began to stir--according to his helmet.

"The tentacles... they're waiting for me."

[1] He slung his bolter and took off forward, dragging Kayle forward, shouting frantically. Yet as Kayle fell over and got back up, nothing came out of the water.

"Must be some progressive attempt at area denial," muttered Caplus.

Then, almost as if to prove him wrong, the water began to noticeably stir as something began to surface. Suddenly, a series of long, green, segmented vines shot from the depths and wrapped themselves around what was left of a branch near Caplus. The vine's pull escalated from a gentle tug to a violent pull, tightening around the log, until it snapped and fell into the water. The bridge shook. Caplus froze in terror, but then relaxed, and shouted:
"These things are blind."
"Then how do they know where you are?" Jaffar shouted back.
Caplus thought for a moment, then continued.
"They went for the branch, not me. I think whatever is down there can't see far enough to see us directly."

He fired his rifle into the water, which let out a squeal. Jaffar cowered, while Kayle readied her plasma bolter.

The water stirred again. This time a large green spire composed of tubes shot out of the water and past the log bridge. The colossal structure was amorphous--it was just a bunch of tentacles, not any actual creature. Caplus shot the mass, and nothing happened. Kayle then shot the mass at its base, causing it to disintegrate into a falling cloud of the green tentacles.

Jaffar stood up and realized what the tentacles were: Ruberlite Pond Grabbers. They were colonial worm-like creatures that tended to do this kind of thing. But these things normally inhabited ponds... on another planet.

Jaffar messaged Admiral Scott, who was waiting at the log's roots for the threat to be dealt with.
Quote from: Jaffar Cole to Winfield Scott
"Sir, these things in the lake aren't native to this planet. Can you ask the Ross admiral about it? Was this intentional?"

Scott received the message and gave Jaffar a thumbs-up from the distance. He then asked the Ross admiral, and responded.

Quote from: Winfield Scott to Jaffar Cole
"There wasn't any project involving contaminating the ecosystem of the Ross diplomatic capital with an invasive species of annelid from a Centauri world, no. At least, as far as the general was aware."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:09 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:31 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 11, 2012, 01:17:13 am »

Hm. Just an overall curiosity: could I get

Amatin couldn't help but rub his dominance into the damned fanatic's face. He pointed at the "Caldr's Bane" badge:
"Tell me the names of everyone else who were given this... thing. Then, download the maps of the dig site and give them to me. If possible, reroute the lower levels' camera feed to this room's monitors."
Just as he was about to turn on his comm's dictophone program, an idea wormed its way into Amatin's mind: if the remnants of Cherenkov's personality were strong enough to express rage, then he could as well try and misinterpret Amatin's orders. Some precautions had to be taken.
"And don't trigger any alarms."

Get a list of Caldr's Banes onto my comm and save it for when this mess with Van Buren is over.
Use the maps and the security feed to find a way back to the rest of my group. Also, look for any weak points that may allow us to take over the dig site: life support and cooling systems, anti-spacecraft defense mainframes, vacuum bubble generators, et cetera, et cetera.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 11, 2012, 02:20:21 am »

get

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 11, 2012, 02:59:49 am »

Regroup with the others, and use Gravitic Crush on the Shock Trooper, when I see what's happening.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 11, 2012, 03:47:43 am »

get

get Cherenkov mentioned as a proper minion? Amatin feels extra sadistic after seeing that badge on Cherenkov's chest; he'll gladly drag the bastard along to kill his company's troops.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:13 am »

Switch weapons to the normal bow and fire a trick shot to hit the uncrippled one while he is still in cover.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107