Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86023 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #1035 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:57 pm »

Quote from: Zakroff's Reply
Give me some time, and I may be able to get us the supplies to take the fungus out, but I have a job to do. All of you should stay away from the Inner areas of the Spark District until I am done, or you may get hurt.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:59 pm »

Unless I can somehow use the Gorv itself (Unlikely) then doesn't Gravitokinesis seem like the best option? >.>
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:20 pm »

(Your cloak, maybe? It's supposed to automate your powers for you, or something like that. Maybe if you don't do anything it'll catch you. I'd ask Zero before trying that though. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 24, 2012, 08:01:28 pm »

True, but if I fail would it not do that anyways?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »

Yeah it's a mess-up on my part...
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 25, 2012, 12:53:56 pm »

Is wait list open.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 25, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

Kind of, yeah. You reminded me I need to find a way to get Micelus integrated :P

Also waiting on errol.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:12 pm »

Kind of, yeah. You reminded me I need to find a way to get Micelus integrated :P

Also waiting on errol.
You could have him stumble out of a nearby bar when I start shooting the Peacemonger's base up.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »

Il go on waitlist

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

Alright.

Also Erroll.... I was just reading about interstellar travel on wikipedia... this gave me a bit of motivation.

Ah well, I'll just write a wiki page in the meantime.

EDIT: http://dswiki.wikidot.com/wiki:interstellar-travel
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:52:13 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 26, 2012, 04:53:45 am »

>.> Note to self: Learn to utilise Gravitic Dilation.

>:3

What more do you need?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 26, 2012, 07:38:51 am »

Sorry, my time planning did implode somewhere along the way.

Exit the building. Get in touch with everyone else, remember to chew them out if they did something idiotic. Remove self from crime scene #1 and to scene of most hot party-related non-fungus related incident.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 26, 2012, 05:53:10 pm »

Roll 55

Spoiler: City Map (56k beware) (click to show/hide)

POI's:
You can make up POI's. In fact, please do. That would take some work off me. :)
This list is unfinished.

Spoiler: The Bulwark (click to show/hide)
----Gear District----
Spoiler: Empire Launch Station (click to show/hide)
----Steam District----
Spoiler: Lava Pit (click to show/hide)
----Spark District----
Spoiler: Alpha Drop Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Slums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reactor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (adwarf) (click to show/hide)

Events:

"I'll give you one more chance, those of you still living run away, and I'll let you live. Just deliver my message, and then disappear, or else you'll die along with the rest of your organization," Zakroff yelled once more as he prepared to fire again.

[3] The three mongers continued to hide behind the tank. Perhaps they were scared of the autocannon drone? [4] Zakroff checked that the drone's fire mode was set to "Hold," and shouted again: "The drone is off. Get out of there, leaving your weapons behind, or else I will blast that coolant tank along with the rest of you!"

The three quickly took off, weapons dropped, and entered one of the corrugated aluminum houses.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Varron [6-1] miraculously focused on his fall and slowed himself to a gradual halt just above the ground. Kayle--having just moved underneath Varron's position to somehow catch him if possible, stepped out of the way as Varron lowered himself, placing both feet firmly on the ground.

Caplus came running up to the two and apologized for getting into the mess... Kayle nodded, muttering, "Annoying beasts..."
She then continued,
"Look, Caplus, we're tracking down this odd fungus. Do you want to come with us?"
Caplus made a curious expression, but it quickly turned into a normal one, as if he understood.
"Yes, I think I know what you'e talking about. I'll come..."

His gorves continued to float away.
(No I will not let you force me into extremely lengthy and obvious plot holes by letting you just bring 3 gorves along :P)

All three received a message from Amatin:
The admiral in charge of our mission has more brains than the entire Centauri government. Informing him about the fungus, its properties and the government's current actions is the first step that we should take.
Kayle, my life-draining doesn't seem to affect soulless lifeforms. Could you try your form of the spell on the fungus?

Kayle received the message, and then slung her weapon. She cleared her mind momentarily and looked at the fungus. It glowed a dim red to her... to everyone else, she supposed, it was more bluish... maybe teal. She reluctantly began to drain life from it. [1] The fungus contained little life to speak of, however. Simple fungal colonies were little more than a collection of cells. Though she expected more health from even a number of fungus globs, she only gained about 3hp from a roughly 3x3 meter patch of globs.

Quote from: Kayle to Everyone
This fungus has something peculiar about it... it's barely alive, by my power's standards. I've drained life from animals and plants before, so I don't get why fungi would be any different. Who knows?

Anyway, I'll be cleaning up the fungus from the Reactor to the plaza... good thing the last windstorm was yesterday, otherwise who knows how far it could have spread?

The group of three made their way to the plaza...

--------

Milia darted out the front door, silently, and ran toward the city plaza. She replied to Amatin's message while running--the cloak nullified most of her inertial mass, so her equipment swinging from her running motions didn't affect her.

Quote from: Milia to Everyone
Alright I'm coming... I almost got myself arrested stealing office supplies but I'll get back soon. Apparently there's a gorv problem in the city... they're terrorizing the populace. I don't know what a gorv is, but they sound very dangerous, I don't think we can help right now.

While running down Spark Road, Milia stepped on something squishy. She looked down at her feet, and noticed some blue slime on the soles of her shoes. She picked up an odd smell emanating from it... removing her shoe, she brought it closer to her face to examine it when suddenly, it turned black and dessicated.

Milia tossed the shoe to the ground as she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see Kayle, Varron, and Caplus running toward her from the distance.
Kayle shouted, "No, don't do that! It's a fungus... you might breath in some spores..."
"Alright then, thanks for killing it..." replied Milia.
"Well, I'm not sure if I got any of the spores," continued Kayle, slowing down a few meters from Milia, with the other two wizards trailing behind, panting.
"I can only drain life from what I consciously perceive. The spores are too small to note..."
"Really? I can see them just fine..."
"No! Don't do that! uh... what color are they?"
"Blue... turning green. I didn't breath any of them in. Anyway, I think they weren't mature yet. They seem to be dying."
"Roger."

The four continued on and met up with Jaffar in the plaza.

--------

Amatin pulled the soul of one of the remaining snakes (this one was scurrying into a tunnel), into the corpse of one of its fried--no, just cooked--neighbors. These animals were soulish... like most mammals and reptiles, they had something reminiscent of a soul. It was sufficient, at least, for his powers to work on them.

[6] The new resultant zombie twitched. The body itself was ruined and immobile... but somehow, the soul was causing the body to move!

Amatin ordered the zombie weasel snake (with his mind) to retrieve the backpack. The snake obeyed, inching toward the backpack, biting it, and dragging it up the side of the pit, allowing Amatin to reach down and grab the backpack. He then removed a PDW and shot the zombie multiple times. It fell back down to the center of the pit.

New Spell: Zombification!

Amatin opened up the backpack... minding the bite marks left by the snake. He pulled out a can of... Monstershot... a highly addictive contraband drink that contained malodestrin--the most addictive drug known. Malodestrin didn't even produce a high... or any effects for that matter. Scientists had not quite yet determined what causes malodestrin to be so addictive, but barring the fact that a single gram of powder can get a person addicted for life without treatment, it wasn't very different, function-wise, from baking soda.

The backpack also contained some other stuff, most notably a PowerPencil™ and a notepad. He opened the pad up to the last page... which had a bit of... blood on the side of the page. He read it:
Notes from presentation:

Vulcanus. The center of research for the last decade. Once thought to be a barren volcanic planet with nothing worth noting, it's been fought over by he Centauri and Ross since that one report about the signatures underneath the regolith. There's some extremely dense metals down there, and the Centauri wanted to mine it for possible nuclear fuel, while Ross wanted to--

(The text ends abruptly with a single solid line--partly digging into the paper--leading off the edge. The page was slightly crumpled, as if the owner quickly put it back into the backpack)

Amatin flipped through the previous pages in the notebook. They looked like college notes, with each page outlining a different presentation. They looked slowly-written, so hey had to have been taken after the presentation itself. Amatin's experience with the university had taught him that Centauri professors spoke very, very quickly.

Quote from: Jaffar to Amatin
Hey Amatin, you back yet? The rest of us besides Herros and that Merchant of Death guy are here. We might need you for this...

On my way there now...

--------

With most of the group back, Jaffar turned to Kayle.
"You got the fungus in that direction dealt with? Good. Now we just have this mess and the trail back to the ship to deal with. Can you sanitize the ship with your powers?"
"Sure."

Jaffar turned around to see another group of city workers approaching. This time, they brought a large, blue tank on caster wheels with them. Four hoses linked to foam-covered nozzles were attached to the base of the tank. The four workers were all donning HEV suits.

"What now..."
One of the workers responded in his high-pitched rural Centauri accent, opening his helmet, "Liquid helium treatment at the ready! Hey, where's the ashes? And oh my! That stuff..."
"Liquid helium... the fungus is designed for very, very hot climates... yeah that should work. How did you know to bring liquid helium?"
"I dunno, council told us to about ten minutes after the first group left. I think they got a call from someone..."

The inspector interrupted.
"Yes, I ordered that. Let's try it on a small patch first to see how well it works."

The workers drew the tank closer and sprayed down a meter-wide patch of fungus. After the treatment, the worker kicked the fungus, shattering it into smaller pieces.

"It's probably not dead yet. We can get a vacuum team to clean out the fungus. We can take it from here. May we have temporary access codes to your ship?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(After answering)

Quote from: Winfield Scott, Centauri Royal Navy Supreme Admiral, to Everyone
Attention wizards, I understand that you have just helped save our planet from a total invasion. We've interrogated the Ross Admiral, and according to him:
-The Ross Fleet had four troopships--filled with heavy infantry and ground vehicles.
-This was most of the Ross offensive force. Obviously the defensive forces are still stationed back in the home systems.
-None of them know who Van Buren is. He showed up one day and convinced the Ross Congress to invade Centauri Prime. Go figure.
-No official Ross expedition to Vulcanus was planned. Van Buren was talking about it on the bridge, am I correct? If not, Van Buren did mention Vulcanus as "one of his chief interests" to the admiral, quote-unquote.

Anyway, we need you here, soon. Van Buren... escaped. Amatin, you did your best, it's not your fault. It's ours... we had a wizard of our own attempt to communicate with him... and... it's complicated. He gained some new abilities other than the ones the Ross Admiral reported seeing, it seems. We... we have his body... just not him. But Van Buren is out of the building, and we could use your help in dealing with him.

You're our best graduates... in fact, ignore the figure the university gave you... about a 50% graduation rate. It's really quite slim in terms of your levels, otherwise we would have an army of wizards at the ready. I'll explain at the hospital. Get here soon. Admiral Scott, out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:23:32 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 26, 2012, 05:53:38 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 26, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »

>Follow the group.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107