Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86054 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #930 on: February 08, 2012, 12:04:28 am »

[5] Kayle goes first.

-----

Kayle opted to circle around Olimer to counter his next move.
[1+1] vs [3+1]
Olimer countered Kayle's future counter by leaping in Kayle's direction, swinging his blade in a direction opposite to Kayle's movement as to force her to stop.

Olimer then attempted an overhead slash at Kayle while she recovered from the last dodge.
[3+1] vs [3+1]
Kayle countered by grabbing Olimer by the shoulder and forcing him to the ground, taking her sword and forcing it into Olimer's back. His armor once again stopped the blade but Olimer was forced to the ground.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:46 am »

Amatin noticed Kayle's weapon stopped humming after it hit the plasma-sword-thingy of the Warhound. Was it broken? Perhaps, seeing as it lost nearly all its piercing properties.
Fortunately, it was allowed for spectators to throw replacement weapons into the ring. Amatin snatched a sheathed vibroblade off Varron's belt and threw it to Kayle:
"Kayle, catch!"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:13:22 am by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 08, 2012, 12:28:09 am »

Kayle caught the blade and used it in her main hand, transferring her previous blade to her off-hand, and renewed the assault. With her off-hand blade she moved to pin his weapon while her main sword came down in a slash to the shoulder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 08, 2012, 12:39:06 am »

[6] Kayle goes first. (wow!)

-----

Kayle caught the flying sword and began to transfer it to her main hand, when she felt her original blade humm once more, having cooled off and rehardened.
[1+1] vs [1+1]
Olimer struggled beneath the weight of Kayle's armor. After all, it weighed over twice as much as Kayle herself with all of its augments. Nevertheless, he managed to wedge his hand out from underneath him, and vainly swing it at Kayle.

Olimer persisted, thrusting himself from under Kayle's foot, attempting to make one last swing.
[4+1] vs [1+1]
Kayle attempted to catch the purple column of light with Varron's sword--once again, it passed through. But Kayle held the sword perpendicular to Olimer's blade, minimizing the contact time. She wondered what it could be... perhaps a tachyon blade? It looked like one, but she had never fought a combatant using one before.

Kayle stuck her own sword through Olimer's wrist, piercing all the way through and pinning it to the ground. With Varron's sword, she thrust it into Olimer's shoulder, officially crippling him.

"Yield!" he hastily shouted, deactivating his own sword.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 08, 2012, 01:01:07 am »

Kayle withdrew hew swords, tossing Varron's back to him as she did so. "Accepted." Sheathing her blade, she leaned over and reached out a hand to help him up. "...I'm a bit surprised, and impressed. You were a very skilled opponent." She favored him with a smile, a rare thing for strangers. "I wasn't sure I was going to win after the first two exchanges. You should be proud of yourself." After he got back to her feet, she gestured to his sword. "That's a very interesting weapon. What is it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:37 am »

After the Warhound got up and answered Kayle's question, Amatin stepped forward and bowed slightly to both combatants, as the tradition required. "That was a good battle. Congratulations, Kayle. Now that the duel is over, it's time to take care of formalities. Activate your dictophones, please, if you wish to obtain evidence of this duel." Amatin activated his comm's dictophone application. He couldn't help but notice that his left arm still stung... when was it going to heal?
"The prize of this duel, won by Kayle Silvertaugh, is that MiliTech Corporation will officially acknowledge that Kayle Silvertaugh, Amatin Seathunder, Jaffar Cole, Varron Carse, Herros Machlan and Milia Kurasaki have committed no crime towards MiliTech or its employees at the time of this duel, which is..." He finished the conditions with a long and sophisticated code-of-time as it was used in the legal systems across the universe. You couldn't trust the traditional time when in court - there was no way to determine the actual time on Earth anymore, after all, and that little detail has ruined countless testimonies if someone used Earth's time instead of the universal code-of-time or the local time of some other planet. "Does anyone else have anything to add?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 08, 2012, 01:22:47 am »

"Aye, it's a tachyon blade... the finest one, from the king's royal..." Olimer groaned, lifting himself up from the ground and embracing his injured appendage with the other.
"... blacksmith. "

Kayle couldn't help but notice the bright red tinge in Olimer's armor, now that she had a chance to look at him more closely. In fact, his back appeared even redder, judging from the concentration of additional red being primarily in the location where Kayle had thrust her blade.

In fact, he looked entirely red.
"I appreciate the... compliments. Argh..."

His assistant met him with a fresh roll of bandaging and a can of antibacterial biofoam.

"You might be able to get one... if you're lucky."
With a deep, exhausted breath, he continued.
"Aye, it was an honor to fight you, Ms...?"
"Silvertaugh."

"Yes... I will be sure to return with the case closed... after I am admitted to the hospital. If I am not to become a cripple, I need to get going. So if you'll excuse me... I need to go."

Olimer raised a bloody salute to Kayle, and afterward headed off with his fellow Warhounds in the direction of the hospital, leaving a small trail of blood behind, which dried in the sun and crumbled in the wind.

-----

The duel had taken place near the center of the plaza--also near the fountains. Varron decided to take the time to observe the fountain for any changes since his prior visit. The blue globs remained, and they seemed to be growing... upwards. In fact, a sort of webbing had begun to form, anchoring the globs to the fountain's lithic barrier.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 08, 2012, 01:36:03 am »

Kayle watched him go, feeling rather guilty about the victory. She hadn't meant to injure him, just prove her superiority. Accidents happened even during training, though, so she sighed and let it go. She inclined her head to Amatin. "Thanks for the assist," she said, meaning both the legalese and throwing in the sword. Next, she turned to Varron, who was studying the fountains intently. "Varron?" She walked over to his side and clapped a hand on his shoulder. "Are you all right?"

(Can only Varron see the blobs due to his clairvoyance training? I'm just going to ignore them under the assumption that this is the case.)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:53 am »

No, they're plainly visible. There's a whole trail of them leading into the spark district.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:29 am »

(OK. I'll just tack on a quick action to my last one...)

Kayle looked over to where he was looking. "What's that?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 08, 2012, 03:10:27 am »

Amatin glanced at Kayle and Varron, preoccupied with... what the hell was that. The fountain and the road to the Spark District were covered unevenly with globs of blue goo, which was strange enough by itself. But that goo also had gills! And roots! Amatin had to investigate.
"Jaffar, would you mind if we stayed here a bit before going snake-hunting? There's some weird goo on the fountain. I won't be able to sleep if I don't find out what it is."
Identify the globs. Try to view their alignment. Touch one of them with a flat side of the Silver Longsword to determine their consistency.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 08, 2012, 09:02:39 pm »

Whose updated action don't we have?

Dwarmin, Talarion, and perhaps wolfchild.

Who votes for a few more minirolls so we can separate out a few more plot threads?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:00 pm »

(Up to you, if you want, Zero. ^^^)

Also investigate the globs by seeing if Kayle's detection field or life drain abilities work on them.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »

Who votes for a few more minirolls so we can separate out a few more plot threads?
I do. As long as you're willing to make minirolls, I vote in favor of using them to establish plot points.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 09, 2012, 12:08:57 am »

Sorry, I just got back from a Study Camp for school >.> <.< Sadly I can't do much of an extended post, due to lack of sleep and caffeine.

"Some sort of fungus, I think..." Varron said to Kayle, while looking around for something to prod it with.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107