Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86064 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #915 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:35 pm »

"I don't take orders from anyone, so that is a no, and if you know whats best you'll not try to force me to join. I am a graduate of the Academy, and will align myself entirely with no nation, or group other than one I see fit, and yours is not it. Understood?" Zakroff asked, and began to work on the power system for the machine, making sure to be careful, and have his gun ready if need be.

Work on the power creation system for my new toy

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 07, 2012, 06:16:53 pm »

"...who the hell would take the time to actually -write- "GORV IS BACK" when there are presumably Gorves eating away at their... oh, forget it. This doesn't make any sense. Civilization."
Disable the radio by banging it onto the wall until it gives up, then, pocket the laptop. Actually search the room afterwards, curiosity is piqued.

I could introduce brain-wave based typing devices into the plot, if it makes it make any more sense.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 07, 2012, 06:20:32 pm »

Umm so where is my character, I am probly going to have to be re-introduced, damn my absence

I think i may start up an RTD to keep me coming back to the forums (more like restart one of my dead ones)

Umm...

He *should* be coming to the building where the others are. Just read the last few rolls. And the quick summary I/we made.

Amatin glanced at Churchill quickly, then relaxed his posture and changed his pretense of a righteous fury for a different mask. Now his look turned into that of a weary soldier fresh from the frontlines - perfect when you had to apologize for excess hostility.
"...You speak truly, it seems. Very well. My name is Amatin Seathunder. I apologize for a heated initial reaction - I wasn't sure whether your company would be willing to comply, so I felt it necessary to press the issue. Bad things have been happening across the universe lately, and their repercussions here could authorize an out-of-court confrontation with your employers over so much as a false-positive on thief-detection. It is fortunate that the recent events did not touch this company... but I digress." Amatin took out a coin from his pocket and showed it both sides to the guardsmen, so they could see it's not a trick-coin. "Since I have already stated the time of the duel and you have claimed the place, it is only fair to let the chance decide our weapons. Number for ranged, monarch for melee!" Amatin flipped the coin in the air and caught it as it fell down. [1d2, 1 for number, 2 for monarch: 2] Opening his fist, Amatin revealed His Majesty's profile on the coin. "It's melee. Olimer Churchill, do you agree to fight the upcoming duel with weapons of melee nature and these weapons alone?"

"Roger that. I agree to these terms. Might I warn you, however, that you will not be facing a mere security officer in this duel. Allow me..."

His assistants brought him his equipment. He put on a thick coat, appearing to be graphene layers over a type gel, possibly impact-resistant. He then attached various plates of dull brown... material over his shoulders, knees, chest, feet, and forearms.
"I believe you will definitely face a challenge once you realize that I am from the Warhounds. The king's preferred mercenaries, I might add."

Olimer finished putting on his gear and drew a glass rod with a handle. He pressed a button, and the blade began to glow a bright purple, with a brilliant white beam shooting down the center of the rod. he then turned it off and sheathed it again.

"Just making sure it works. Any words before we fight?" he said, heading through the door.

Some of the employees in the room left their posts and came over to watch. The others, scoffing at the lunacy of the situation, sat down and continued working and handing out brochures to newcomers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:30:42 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 07, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »

(I think Errol was referring to Monty Python and the whole "Who would just carve aaaaggh as they die?" bit. ^^^ As for skill increase, I guess I'll take it. No reason not to level when I get a chance.)

Kayle raised an eyebrow. "I can handle my own battles." It was clear both Amatin and Varron were thinking of her as a woman, not a Cyrian... which, in her opinion, was the much more important distinction. "Besides, I was the one who tripped the detector. It makes more sense for for me to be the one to fight." She rested a hand on the hilt of her sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

(Oh wow. I need to watch that one, thanks for mentioning that. :))

"Ah, wait. So you're fighting?" he asked in a covertly snide tone.
"I'll wait until you can all agree."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 07, 2012, 06:35:52 pm »

Zakroff hastily typed a message to his allies as he worked.

Code: (Message to Milia, Caplus, Amatin, Jaffar, Kayle, Herros, and Varron) [Select]
I have a job to do for the Arms Runners that involves taking out a rival group.
If anyone wants to help me send me a message, otherwise I have a surprise for you guys later.
Lets just say we have ourselves the equivalent of a heavy tank if need be.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 07, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »

"No problem, Kayle. Go ahead."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 07, 2012, 10:22:23 pm »

Kayle nodded to Amatin. "I trust you don't have any problems with fighting me, melee only, in the plaza, Warhound?" she asked Olimar. "Of course, if you would prefer to forfeit now than rather face a Cyrian one on one, I would understand," she added.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 07, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »

"Har har, very well then. Let us go."

Kayle and Omiler headed to the center of the plaza, with Amatin, Jaffar, Varron, and Olimer's fellow Warhounds in pursuit.

Olimer, in position, put his hand to the hilt of his sword.
"Alright. Three meters. Then we begin on three..."

Amatin did the counting.

"One..."

Olimer stretched out his fingers, cracking the joints.

"Two..."

Kayle's heart beat as normal. However, she could passively feel Olimer's stress... his heart was beating so quickly it was cycling the life-giving blood around his body at an annoying fast pace.

"Three!"

----------

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 07, 2012, 11:35:43 pm »

Kayle drew her sword and leaped forward with a horizontal slash, determined to put this mercenary in his place and show him why her race were the best warriors in existence.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »

Finally catching up with Millia, Herros spends a few seconds catching his breath
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 07, 2012, 11:43:18 pm »

[5] Kayle goes first.

-----

Kayle grabbed her sword and thrusted it outward, feeling it start vibrating through her metal gloves. She jumped at Olimer, slashing horizontally.
[4] vs [6]
Olimer reacted quickly, activating his purple blade and holding it vertically while leaping back, just out of Kayle's reach. Kayle's sword passed right through Olimer's blade... but she quickly noticed that the center of the blade was red-hot. In fact, the sword automatically stopped vibrating to prevent permanent deformation.

Olimer then rolled horizontally, attempting to slash at Kayle's feet horizontally.
[3] vs [5]
Kayle hopped in response, avoiding the purple phasing blade, but was disoriented--hanks to her augmented armor. She fell over, stretching her off hand out toward the ground to avoid hitting the ground completely.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 07, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »

(Did you add my +1 to melee combat? It wouldn't have helped this turn, but... just curious. ^^^; )

Kayle rolled with the landing and attemped another slash, this one at knee level.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:15 pm »

(Did you add my +1 to melee combat? It wouldn't have helped this turn, but... just curious. ^^^; )

Kayle rolled with the landing and attemped another slash, this one at knee level.

Roger, forgot. My bad.

Then again one could say he has the bonus too. Let me roll a dice to decide... Yup, he gets +1 as well.

[4] Kayle goes first.

-----

Kayle rolled instead and attempted a moving slash (+1) at Olimer's knees.
[1+2] vs [6+1]
The sword embedded itself in Olimer's knee armor, and without vibrating, it could do little damage.
However, Olimer's curious armor did show some signs of taking damage from the heat. In fact, it was rather soft in general. What was it?

Olimer swung at Kayle's arm.
[4+1] vs [6+1]
Kayle jerked her sword out of the armor, tripping Olimer, who failed to execute his attack. Through either sheer dumb luck or skillful finesse, Olimer managed to roll backwards as well (+1 to aerobics :/) and remain on his feet. Kayle stood up and regained her stance.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 07, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

Kayle circled Olimer for the moment, choosing to go on the defense and attempt to counter his next attack instead.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107