Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86092 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:07 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:51:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2012, 09:39:45 pm »

"Hmm, I guess I'll have the AI helper."
After buying the AI, find a workstation and go to stores and buy parts to construct a weapon which amplifies my Chain-lightning ability.

Parts:
Ceramic casing(non-conductive kind)
Pieces of metal(copper preferred)
Weapon Stock(any material)
Power Adapter + Cord
etc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:30:13 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:48 pm »

After a pleasant conversation with Tyrin, Kayle left to go find a store that sold armor parts. She was no engineer herself although she knew about how her suit worked, but maybe Jaffar and Herros could help her install the additions.

(Can I get a catalog? :3 If it helps, specifically I'm looking to upgrade my HEV suit to a Heavy-type armor, and maybe get some software for it. Do I have slots for that already or will I have to buy them?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »

You have 4 slots which I gave you at one point. You can upgrade the computer for extra slots but seeing as I haven't fleshed out the HUD system you shouldn't need to.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »

(OK then, just checking. ^^^;)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »

"Truely interesting..." Varron flipped through the pages, curiously read as much as he could before flipping to the next page. Ideas formed in his head, all of theories related to what he was reading. After a few chapters, he remembered he had a messenger app. He quickly drafted a message to all of his... well, friends.

To: Kayle Silvertaugh, Caplus Orange, Herros Machlan, Milia Kurasaki, Amatin Seathunder, Jaffar Cole

Umm, not sure what to say. Apparently, Magic makes the natural laws of the world break itself. It's really interesting! Currently reading a book detailing how and why Magic seems to create a loophole through which Magic grows, consequentially making it so that for some reason specific laws and rules do not apply to this self-replicating process... Unless I'm reading it wrong, this means that Magic is more powerful than - dare I say it - we thought.

With that done, a thought occurred to him. With his natural control over Gravity, and the ability to create false Gravity, wouldn't it be possible to conceptually bring that over to a sense of... well, force in general? If he could create force, why not sense it? It would, essentially, allow him to be aware of... everything happening that submits to the laws of physics around him. With this theory in mind, he set down the book, (making sure to mark his page), and began to meditate, trying to open his mind to his surroundings, and feel the forces pushing in on them, the gravity in pulling them to the planet, the reactionary forces pushing back up, the kinetic energy made by other creatures around him in their movements.

Action: Read more of book, send message to team, then try and become clairvoyant.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 13, 2012, 12:05:57 am »

While wandering around the marketplace, Kayle's PDA pinged.

From Varron Carse to Kayle Silvertaugh, Caplus Orange, Herros Machlan, Millia Kurasaki, Amatin Seathunder, Jaffar Cole
Umm, not sure what to say. Apparently, Magic makes the natural laws of the world break itself. It's really interesting! Currently reading a book detailing how and why Magic seems to create a loophole through which Magic grows, consequentially making it so that for some reason specific laws and rules do not apply to this self-replicating process... Unless I'm reading it wrong, this means that Magic is more powerful than - dare I say it - we thought.

So magic feeds on itself and gets stronger like a perpetual motion machine? Food for thought. Kayle typed out a message back.

From Kayle Silvertaugh to Varron Carse
Fascinating. Is there anything else in that book that could help us? For example, any known limits on what magic is capable of, or perhaps an easily learned spell or two as an example that we could all practice?

Once she sent the message, she resumed walking.

Look for a store that sells armor upgrades.

(Figured I should make it an official action and might as well get some light writing in while I was at it.)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 13, 2012, 01:01:13 am »

Kayle stopped by at a Junker shop in the Spark District.

The grizzled Polarian at the sparkwood counter-top heard the bell ring, and reached to the drawers to get out some of his merchandise.

"Hi there sir, how's the war been?"

Clueless.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note, you can skip this shop if you like and move to the actual city :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:57:58 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 13, 2012, 01:13:56 am »

Varron opened an eye. He had a message! He quickly tapped the app, opening the message.

To: Varron Carse
Fascinating. Is there anything else in that book that could help us? For example, any known limits on what magic is capable of, or perhaps an easily learned spell or two as an example that we could all practice?

After reading it over with a keen eye, Varron started to type a message back.

To: Kayle Silvertaugh

I'll let you know if I find anything. Oh, fun fact! According to this book, magic is a disease.

Wait, that's not a good description. It's like a disease, or something. To word it... well, normally, it passes between people. According to it, 90% of magic users who started using magic after... twenty years? Share at least one major ability with one of their friends. So we might be able to swap spells... share 'em around. Stuff like that.

Man, now I put that into perspective, I make magic sound like some sort of venereal disease... Note to self, avoid being socially awkward when talking about magic.

P.S: Would you mind telling the others? About the sharing-magic and that I'll note them if anything useful is in the book. I would, but I'm currently trying to become clairvoyant. I know, it sounds stupid, but it'll work. I hope.

Varron thought the overtones of humour in the message were better left as they were, un-deleted. He closed his eyes again, trying to slip back into his meditative state, to resume the process of becoming clairvoyant.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2012, 02:48:04 am »

A few minutes later, Amatin caught himself searching for... eh... something. You know, it. That thingy.
Being easily agitated was one of the less pleasant hereditary features of the Seathunder clan. As a child and through his whole life, Amatin was trained to calm down and think back to his last coherent memory every time he found himself doing something meaningless. He sat down on the trash bin he was rifling through and closed his eyes for a second.
"What did I look for in the first place? A long stick. Why? To get the backpack out of the snake pit. There's no stick here, so what's an alternate solution? Read about the snakes on the Net, maybe there's some way to scare them off. Right. On it."
Amatin ran a quick search by his comm and found a page on 'Centauri Weasel-Snakes' in the Hunter's Encyclopedia. The article was adorned with a few images, including the snakes themselves, the approximate maps of their lair structure, and how their food looks in day-to-day progression. The last one looked... painful.
"Hmm. Class-D scavengers, legal permission to exterminate within cities, always smoke the lairs to kill their young, do not hunt them alone, do not let them get close... their poison does WHAT?! Wow. I think I'll pass."

The backpack isn't worth it. Go to the Hospital and get healed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:30:31 am by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:01 am »

(Hmm, I might. I know my suit has four software slots but how much can I feasibly tack onto it otherwise? For example, could I buy all the steel/nanosteel plates and weld them all on? I mean, I doubt it, but I figured I should ask before either trying or forgoing an attempt.)

"I haven't heard," Kayle answered honestly. "My squad and I captured the admiral of a Ross fleet and brought him in for questioning, however." While she was looking over his wares, there was a ping, and she flipped up the screen.

From Varron Carse to Kayle Silvertaugh
I'll let you know if I find anything. Oh, fun fact! According to this book, magic is a disease.

Wait, that's not a good description. It's like a disease, or something. To word it... well, normally, it passes between people. According to it, 90% of magic users who started using magic after... twenty years? Share at least one major ability with one of their friends. So we might be able to swap spells... share 'em around. Stuff like that.

Man, now I put that into perspective, I make magic sound like some sort of venereal disease... Note to self, avoid being socially awkward when talking about magic.

P.S: Would you mind telling the others? About the sharing-magic and that I'll note them if anything useful is in the book. I would, but I'm currently trying to become clairvoyant. I know, it sounds stupid, but it'll work. I hope.

She examined the steel plates and her armor, trying to figure out how she could add them while she sent a message back.

From Kayle Silvertaugh to Varron Carse
Thank you for the information. I'll let the others know. If you need help with clairvoyance, perhaps we can meet up. My ability to see lifeforms through obstacles is somewhat related, and if magic is 'contagious' maybe being in close proximity to each other, you'll pick up some of my abilities. Right now I'm shopping for armor upgrades, but let me know if you want to try that; I'll leave you to your studies for now. :)

From Kayle Silvertaugh to Caplus Orange, Herros Machlan, Millia Kurasaki, Amatin Seathunder, Jaffar Cole
Varron has asked me to pass on some information for him since he is busy meditating and doesn't wish to be disturbed. According to his studies, magic is very similar to a virus; 90% of magic users who started using magic after twenty years of age share at least one major ability with their friends. There is also apparently the possibility of our spells and abilities bleeding into each other like a sort of osmosis effect. I'm not exactly sure on how it works myself but maybe he'll have more information later.

Also, Herros, Jaffar: I'm looking into upgrading my armor. Do you have any suggestions and, if necessary, be willing to help me install my purchases? My primary concern is increasing defensive capabilities but I'm sure the pair of you can come up with helpful utilities. :)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 13, 2012, 07:05:38 am »

Herros finishes his divice
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56:58 am »

Zakroff handed Millia the two KP8s, and said "I have stuff to do, contacts to find, inventory to get, etc., so I'll be going now. It was a pleasure to meet each of you, especially you Millia." With that Zakroff turned, and stalked off into the shadows. He was heading for the Spark District to one of the taverns that was heavily frequented by black market dealers, and some of his acquaintances. He had only a little while to get his stock remade, and if I he had to he would make all of it, but he felt that he would need a lot of inventory over the coming years. War was coming, and he felt it in his very bones.

Head to The Light's Stead in the Spark District

Spoiler: The Light's Stead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (click to show/hide)

((  Sorry its not much, but I can't really think at the moment :) ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 13, 2012, 11:47:38 am »

Jaffar frowned. Was the Amelie A.I chip encrypted as well?

He heard a ping.

Quote from: To Kayle

I got you. I'll help you with upgrades...

Also, I've been studying on those robot parts-especially the muscle and leg enhancements, since speed and power always helps... I'll probably try it on my own suit first. You know, just to make sure it's safe for you.

Jaffar

Action 1: Buy some top of the line decryption gear with my money and have it installed on the ship with my money.  Try to help unlock the Amelie A.I. ((I actually don't know much about this IRL. Help would be appreciated. :P ))

Action 2: Begin studying the robot parts-the legs and muscles. Figure out how this can be applied to a power armor suit to improve strength and speed.

OOC:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:50:04 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 13, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

Herros finishes his divice

What device?

(Hmm, I might. I know my suit has four software slots but how much can I feasibly tack onto it otherwise? For example, could I buy all the steel/nanosteel plates and weld them all on? I mean, I doubt it, but I figured I should ask before either trying or forgoing an attempt.)

Hmm. How about, light armor does not require strength. Medium armor requires 1 strength to use without penalties and otherwise lowers your dodge chance by 1. Heavy armor requires 2 and so on. If you lack the strength then it lowers your effective strength by the difference between your strength and the armor requirement.

If you put enough plates on you can, I guess, turn into a gigantic metal hulk that can't move. But if you have pneumatics/servos installed you can increase the strength of your legs to neutralize the stat loss.

I might make pneumatic cost 4 times as much but simply increase the strength stat. Trade depth/complexity for practicality, I guess.

Quote from: Dwarmin
((I actually don't know much about this IRL. Help would be appreciated. :P ))

You want a few hints?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:04:13 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107