Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86121 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #705 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:52 am »

Alright, next roll with be one last turbo roll with partial player counts. Afterward, everyone should be able to do what they want...

Waiting for 1-2 more people. I can make the last roll today before I go to sleep.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 10, 2012, 12:54:06 am »

"Well, if it's stuck in a wall... I can possibly try and pull it out." Varron said, as he readied his Gravitokinesis to help free the Griffin... Meanwhile, his thoughts mulled over the implications of what he did, and about the laws of the universe. If Magic applied before physics... that meant he could possibly do some crazy things with it. He made a note in the back of his mind to mention his thoughts to the rest of the little group they had going on.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 10, 2012, 01:02:34 am »

((Anyone mind if we recover the hull of that ship later? I require it for my future plans, so if we could convince the Centauri to give it to me that would be great. :P))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:41 am »

Examine Van Buren. What's his alignment and race? What is he wearing? Is there anything in his pockets? Is there anything interesting on his comm?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 10, 2012, 01:05:52 am »

It'll likely be floating around orbiting the sun, or perhaps into it, given enough time. I'd give it a and least a week's time though to break from orbit, since it's likely thrusting forward, to the side, and the fleet was already moving to sync with the planet's orbit so that it could engage.

Also, rolling right now so we can get everyone's feet on solid ground. All against this say nay. :)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:37 am »

Roll 41

Events:

Amatin decided to take a closer look at Van Buren while the others were figuring out how to remove the Griffin.
He, with permission, took some of the bandages off of Van Buren to get a good look at his comatose face, and also to remove what he had in his pockets.

Van Buren himself spoke rather poorly of Polarians and Cyrians, and stated he wasn't Ross. If these were true, his race would narrow down to either Aroth or Centauri.
But Van Buren lacked the short stature of the Centauri, and the pale, frosted skin of the Aroth. He also lacked an accent that Amatin could pin down.
Amatin wasn't aware of any races other than the five. Any organization separate from one of the five main governments was still of that particular race, as far as he knew--the Cyrian Democratic League came to mind.

Van Buren wore a regular business suit, complete with a black tie and coat. In his pockets, he carried nothing but a single communicator, branded with a logo from some company Amatin never heard of, "Black Star Enterprises." Interesting name.

--------

Zakroff searched the room, looking for something complex that he could manipulate. He naturally looked for some kind of crane--not the large kind, but a small one that he could manipulate.
[1] He located one in particular, but even that one was at least three meters high.
[1] Disappointed, he decided to grab a chunk of a nearby fighter's engine, and mold that into a robot. He managed to get a short frame together, but the joints snapped and the limbs fell to the ground.

[5] Varron, on the other hand, managed to simply use his powers to drag the ship back, not only freeing it but honing his powers in the process. The ship was now ready to fly.

Everyone got in, except for Zakroff, who entered his own fighter.
On the count of three, they took off, leaving the Aurora to spiral away.

--------

Admiral Burton: Hey, anyone there? I've been pinging you guys for a while to see if you got in yet...
Amatin: Right here, Admiral Burton.
Admiral Burton: Ah, good. So, now plan. You disabled the ship, I saw. I was planning to use a special weapon I requisitioned from an engineer at the university, but it seems there's been a ceasefire. How did the confrontation with the Admiral go?
Amatin: The Ross Grand Admiral is in our custody. However, this isn't his doing. I will explain later. For now, tell us where to land, and we'll hand him over to you. We have matters to discuss, however. Important ones.
Admiral Burton: Alright, I can do with that course of action. So are the Ross still hostile?
Amatin: Currently, they're wondering what is happening to the Admiral. I'm going to have him use the ship's communicator to call the attack off. Give me some time.

Amatin turned to the Ross Admiral.
"You're turn. Call it off. Now."
Amatin configured the viewscreen to broadcast the Admiral's image at full resolution to help the Ross fleet's facial recognition software. He also set the sound quality to '11.'
Ross Admiral: Ross Fleet! This is your Admiral speaking. I will wait so your AI's can recognize me.
Alright. So the attack is canceled. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience, but I will not be able to accompany the fleet back to the headquarters, as I have matters to settle with the Centauri regarding this attack. Trust me, this is for the greater good of both nations."

The Ross vessels immediately complied, the comms received several acknowledgements from the ships in the Ross fleet.

Admiral Burton: Alright, that was good. Now head to Centauri-Prime's launch loop platform. The station is under lockdown to handle a few important repairs tha need to be made. More specifically, one of the glass domes actually shattered somehow, likely from a railgun shot. Strangely enough, our tests have proven repeatedly that the NuGlas™ dome is easily the most resilient part of the entire station... We will have to see. But for now, simply land at the launch loop, and take the loop down to Empire City. We shall meet at the coffee shop right outside the lift station in order to avoid the media. Simply park your ship in the bay with the others as to not draw attention.
Amatin: Roger, we'll be there in about two lines...
--------
The group was there. The ship was parked at the Magistrate's Starship Hangars. Nearby was the King's Coffee Shop. There, the eight and company walked in, wearing their armor, but blending in with the other Centauri soldiers who had also returned and stopped by for coffee.
Burton began to debrief the group.
"I see you have six additional persons with you... no wait, make that seven. One of you is missing..."
Amatin pulled out the sword and slammed it on the cinnabar table.
"He's no longer with us."
"Alright, I'm sorry about your loss..."
He trailed off for a moment.
"But anyway, regarding the guests, can you introduce them to me? That would be nice."
"First, and foremost, this is the Supreme Admiral of the Ross navy. In person.
Next, we have four Ross soldiers. One needs medical attention... as you can tell by his dented armor and his state..."

Amatin was referring to the Ross Ensign who was struggling to sit up on one of the benches in the shop.
"I believe the Centauri warfare guidelines state that combatants who switch to our side are granted complete amnesty and citizenship, in fact. I'll have them come with me to the palace so I can have them pardoned and given some housing until they decide whether to return to their homes or not."
"Sounds good," remarked Von Fredreich.
"Next up, we have a... peculiar individual named Charles Van Buren. He claims to be a businessman, and we know that he is capable of telekinesis as well as some... magical form of social engineering. He, we believe, may have something to do with this whole attack. I recommend that until this fellow is interrogated, the Ross Admiral should not be held responsible for war crimes. That is my suggestion, however. You have the last word, however."
"Hmm, race?"
"I can't tell, Admiral."
"Alright then. We shall have him unwrapped and... how capable is he of combat? And how did you sedate him like... this..."
"One of these brave Ross men backstabbed him nonlethally. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense, but bear with me here. Just be careful. I've locked away his connection to his prefrontal cortex, so until I restore control, he is in a full comatose state. You should try communicating with him without letting him go free."
"Hmm, we will try that. "

Burton got up and threw away his empty coffee cup. He gestured at someone outside through the window.
"Alright, so we are going to meet again, this time, at the hospital. We'll put this Van Buren fellow through a cognitive scanner to see if we can communicate to him without giving him control of his body and... you said magic capability?"
"Yes. He is extremely dangerous... I saw him create an invisible sword out of air. He has very, very precise skills."
"Hmm. Alright. And as for this cloaked fellow?"
"He is a new member of our team. We haven't fully integrated him yet, however."

A group of medical personnel walked in, along with two stretchers. They loaded the Ross Ensign in one, and Van Buren in the other.
Two military officials also walked in.

"Sorry for being late, Admiral. Or should I say, Colonel. The real Admiral is at my side."
The other official took put on his hat. It bore five stars--the characteristic insignia representing a Centauri fleet admiral.
"Yes, apologies for being tardy, but the Morningstar suffered a delay in warp. Something was jamming the warp field as we tried to reinforce the fleet. I see that you've sorted things out, and oh! Hello there, you must be the Ross Admiral, yes?"
The Centauri Surpreme Admiral--Winfield Scott--greeted the Ross one.
"Yes, my name is Admiral Ross Wilheim... it is good to meet you sir."
"Well, negotiations are going to go well, perhaps. I expect an adequate justification for the attack. Before the bureaucratic process kicks in and the issue spirals into sensationalism, of course. People can be a pain, sometimes, yes? I actually commend your goverment. Our king actually does have less authority than you think he does. But there is still a reason why we have a king, and that is where your government falls short--bureaucracy, corruption, rigged elections, such are the bane of a democratic society. By making our system less susceptible to these, making sure that significant power lies in an easily removed yet prominent head of the government whose position is not eligible to any stranger but rather only those trusted by the people, our government can get things done much faster than yours. It is a matter of time before your fleet warps back and reports the loss of their Admiral. We are going to have to do some explaining... thanks to you."
Scott turned to the team.
"Like Burton probably told you, we will take it from here. All these newcomers... Burton, they told you who these people are, correct?"
"Yes indeed."
"Excellent. You may loiter about for a while, as we figure out what to do. Burton will be telling me anything you informed him about, so don't worry about explaining anything to me unless you have not told it to Burton.
Dismissed!"

He raised his fist, the public Centauri gesture implying victory.

TIME: 1400 CST

Spoiler: Options? (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 10, 2012, 02:31:15 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:19 am »

Head to a (the?) library to research magical theory...

As I see it, Varron is kind of a bridge between a fighter and a utility. He's not skilled enough to be pure fighter, nor are his skills really use for much other than simple things currently. So I'm going to do some research on magic.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:44 am »

@DbZ: to save time, I'll be stuffing all shopping actions in the same location into the same turn. Are you all right with that?

As I see it, Varron is kind of a bridge between a fighter and a utility. He's not skilled enough to be pure fighter
Riiight... You have what, the second highest killcount in the group? All of it done with your magic. 'Not skilled enough', indeed.

Message from Amatin to the group:
"Milia, Zakroff: I'll have to ask you two to sell the group's loot. Our lives may depend on things we buy here, so 'no' is not an answer, sorry.
Everyone else, THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you want something sold, give it to Milia before we split up. That cloak lets her carry enormous weights, so don't worry too much about it being a burden.
"

Give Milia the Dragon Fangs, Laser Projector and UPP with its ammo. Remove the HEV suit and send it to the recyclers as soon as I'm back at my place.

Get healed at the Hospital, then go to the Spark District. Go through the gun markets, looking for rockets, rocket launchers, grenades and plasma cannons. Also, check out any gadgets that enhance one's speed in combat, like a hoverboard or a set of power-leggings.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:07:44 pm by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 10, 2012, 09:18:56 am »

I have a kill count?

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:15 am »

I have a kill count?
Not officially, of course. But here's the summary of dangerous things you killed: one android and one Dinosaurus in the Arena. Then one Chance Lutzen in the AI room. The AI, too, if having full control of the ship and ability to perform doorstep count as being dangerous. Then two KO's with helmets in the central hub, which surely will lead to severe health problems and premature death in the future.
That makes six potentially deadly enemies - and you spent most of the time avoiding combat in favor of important utility tasks, like barricading the stairwell or gathering ingredients for Herros's drill. I think only Milia's killcount is bigger, and that's mostly due to her one-shot-multikill awesomeness.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:54:18 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 10, 2012, 11:10:41 am »

Jaffar grunted, as he finally stepped out of his armor after almost 24 hours of wearing it-time for a shower, yeah. He had survived, this time-and the armor hadn't taken any damage, this time...just another lucky day out in the void. Lots of other guys hadn't been so lucky.

Jaffar always smiled when he saw the armor standing at ready, sometimes imagining it had a mind of it's own, or it was more Jaffar than then the real one was. He padded it on the helmet.

"You did good out there..."

There was plenty of things to do, and he was having trouble just choosing one. He went over his contacts list afterwards-there was always work with the Junkers, but that sort of business in the city was always crowded with amateurs. And, he felt a little...off, when the thought about doing it now. Like he should be doing something greater, going higher. Which was strange, to be be sure.

He was restless, feeling a bit lost-despite his recent success. He knew what he wanted to do-his comm was right there, and he was having a hard time getting his mind off her-Kayle Silvertaugh, who had undergone a metamorphosis in his mind. No longer the cold, sharp edged warrior, but something more-something that was a combination of strength and beauty, form and function-the deadly blade tempered with an artistic flourish. He had seen her in action, and Jaffar knew she was a woman who was amazing, wonderful, unique....

...but he had blown it, like multiple times, he also reasoned. Messed up, tongue tied, stumbling Jaffar Cole-the runty Polaric engineer with the scar on his forehead. She probably didn't even want to talk to him anymore. But if he never tried he would never know...and there was something in Jaffar that had to try, consequences be damned. It was bravery, but he was too humble to call it that himself.

Jaffar found himself wondering. He looked back, saw himself dead or maimed a dozen times over in the last day alone, and thousands of times before that. He wasn't immortal. One day, his tricks and gadgets would fail, he would be a bit too slow, and the foeman would just be a bit faster.

And he'd be gone. No one lives forever.

*tap, tap, tap*

He sent the message, grinning like a fool. He held no hope of anything but a curt refusal, but even a reply would be something.

To
Kayle Silvertaugh

We lived another day.

...are we still up for Hesperidin Slammers?

Jaffar Cole

Later, he decided to get to work on his other project. He worked very carefully, almost like a heart surgeon would...knowing a single slip of the hand would 'kill' the A.I as surely as if he had left her there to be recycled by some heartless software programmer.

Action: Jaffar begins integrating the A.I Amelia into his Helmet in his work time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:44:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 10, 2012, 11:54:16 am »

I think only Milia's killcount is bigger, and that's mostly due to her one-shot-multikill awesomeness.

Milia was getting flustered. She'd never have expected to play that kind of role in this team.
"Are you... sure?"
A high kill-count was, in the end, not really something to be proud of. Kayle would have disagreed, but Milia wasn't Kayle. She didn't quite like killing, although she couldn't deny that landing a perfect shot was a very, very satisfying feeling. Before she became what she was today, she was a hunter. The two lifestyles weren't all the much different, although hunting had the distinct advantage that there were no exams.
She had accepted that there were situations where other people had to die if she was to live. But sometimes she wondered whether shooting to kill was the best solution. The safest, certainly... but at what price? Questions that you shouldn't ask yourself in combat because next thing you'd see would be a black-clad figure with a penchant for antique harvesting tools.
Her train of thought was harshly interrupted by Amatin's proposition. It sounded logical at least, but she seriously doubted that she'd have enough hands to carry all that junk. And she was no tech-geek, so the danger of not getting a good price was high. Someone, Zakroff or she didn't know, had to tag along. Amatin had foreseen that.

"I agree."

Auction off all the things, insist on a tech-savvy person to come along. Take note of all points of interest, in particular archery shops, on our way to the auction house.

(ooc: seriously guys you're going to make a roleplayer out of me one time >,<)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 10, 2012, 12:13:04 pm »

((I'll volunteer to help Milia as a side-action. Also, welcome to the RPing Errol. :P))

Jaffar caught up to Milia later that day-dressed in baggy jeans and a warm, blue hoodie with an infinity symbol on the chest, his favorite-and despite the weather, he still felt cold, another gift of living the life of a spacer. It also helped cover the chemical burns.

She seemed a bit lost and put on by the whole deal. Jaffar wished had gotten more time to know her. Her anachronistic style was quite endearing to a bucket-head engineer like him.

He addressed her with as much politeness as he could, forgoing the three taps to the collarbone this time.

"Well met, on the Stalwart Prism, Ms. Kurasaki.

So, I heard you got mule duty...

Do you mind if I help? I've got experience bartering tech, and most of it in worse shape than what we have here. Between your face and my brain, I think we can do better together.

Not to say, I mean, that I'm equating my face to your mental faculties...that would be an unfair comparison. To you, I mean."

Jaffar grinned, and shrugged helplessly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 10, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

Kayle had locked herself in her room due to the fact she was performing routine maintenance on her armor and being seen without it was akin to not only streaking through the streets but yelling for everyone to check you out while you were doing so. I don't know whether to be proud or disappointed that I avoided all enemy fire... she thought. In fact, as far as she remembered, with the exception of the tachyon gun no one had even taken a single shot specifically at her. She looked over at her cloak. ...It must be more effective than I thought. Perhaps they just didn't notice me? I should probably trade it with someone, or give it away... Herros took a lot of fire he shouldn't have. She sighed and closed her toolbox.

She considered her armor for a moment. Without it, she felt inexplicably light and floaty, like the planet's gravity had dropped dramatically. It was a worrying sensation; every step felt like she would shoot up into the ceiling and bang her head. ...Yes. I should sell or give the cloak to someone who needs to hide more and instead add on to my armor. Improving one's armor was encouraged by Cyrian society. It would probably be a good idea to add more on to it than just the standard forearm-mounted PDA that allowed short-range communication, web browsing, and messaging/e-mail. Speaking of that... the item on the taskbar was flashing orange annoyingly. She tapped it.

Message from Jaffar Cole to Kayle Silvertaugh:

We lived another day.

...are we still up for Hesperidin Slammers?

Oh, right. We did talk about that while patching up Ivan. The only casualty of the crew. She didn't know if she trusted this 'merchant of death' person who had joined in his place. While she wasn't going to criticize him for being loyal to money - Cyrians, while loyal to their company of course, would gladly fight all sides of a war if paid enough - he didn't seem to have much care beyond that. After a few moments, she opened the holographic keyboard and typed a message back.

Message from Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole:

I'll be right there, once I put my armor on.

I want to talk business with you as well, mostly about software upgrades to it.

It can wait until I'm there, though.

She cleaned and changed quickly, then went through the process of donning her HEV suit once more. When she was done, she headed to the bar. And waited. After a boring thirty minutes - nobody approached her, although she theorized that with her helmet and armor on no one was sure if it was a man or woman they would be hitting on - she went outside and waited, since she hadn't spotted him inside. After another thirty minutes, she sighed and walked off. What was the point of asking if he wasn't going to be there? If he was going to be delayed or do something else, he should have sent a message. Feeling rather put out, she checked her PDA and saw it had no messages. She frowned, turned it off, and looked for a firing range. She wanted to get some practice in with her tachyon gun.

Find a firing range and practice using the TAC X9... and maybe the GC MKIII as well.

(@Dwarmin: I think Zakroff was supposed to go with Milia. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 107