Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86125 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #645 on: January 06, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

"Ah, the refreshing experience of having someone tear your words out of context and throw them in your face. What I really said is that you can use your spell on anyone you please, but not on the recently-captured officer whose strange conditions of walking into this hub hint at the fact that something is going on in the bridge, which, in turn, means that he possesses valuable information that is my first priority to retrieve. I also pointed out that we have lots of living, breathing test subjects in the vicinity, which makes your decision to life-drain a valuable captive inexcusable!" Amatin winced inwardly at how angry the last word sounded. Remembering how his comrade nearly made a fatal mistake was... bad for temper, to put it lightly. He took a few deep breaths and switched onto another topic before continuing.
"Even if my first argument, that life-draining magic hurts like hell and can be considered an attack, is invalid in your case, my second argument still stands: enemy units who surrender willingly should be treated as prisoners of war, not lab rats. Honorable behavior is what marks us as the 'good guys' in this confrontation, and separates us from the war criminals we're after. And being the 'good guys' just saved us the effort of running away from a platoon of angry Ross. Captain wouldn't have agreed to a ceasefire if he thought we'd hurt his people without necessity."

Amatin frowned. Something was still lacking in his speech. Maybe he had to apologize? Yes, an apology wouldn't hurt. "But I admit, my actions towards you and Varron were unfittingly rude, even if it was to stop you two from breaking the recently-established truce between us and the Ross troops. For that, and for the horrible pig analogy, I apologize."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:20:14 pm by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 06, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

Kayle shrugged. "That's what happens when you speak of a subject you have zero knowledge of. You don't hear me talking about quantum... reactor... physics... things..." she trailed off. She was a soldier, not an engineer. She didn't need to know how to repair ship engines, only where to place bombs to destroy them. "I already did it on those guys down there. I doubt a second casting - especially so soon - would leave them alive, and we're not supposed to be killing people during a ceasefire, right? So unless you're volunteering yourself or one of our allies, forget about it." She didn't think the Ross who had sided with them would much appreciate being thrown over to be test subjects.

(This conversation is destined to a downward spiral - statistically speaking - since Kayle is extremely tactless and Amatin is a horrible diplomat. :P Anyway I guess bloodlust is going to go to waste. I'm actually not sure if we have any enemies left since it appears I took all 100 HP out of the three enemies on the bottom floor, but I'm writing it as if I just took their fighting spirit away because _DBZ_ never said if they were dead or not and the text accompanying the roll seemed to indicate that that was the case.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 06, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

Jaffar was trying to think of something to say....

"Listen-if it's that important, I volunteer myself, alright? No one gets needs to get hurt but me, and I'm expendable anyway."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »

"You've got to be kidding me! What, do you seriously think there are only these three guys below us? Look over the rail - with your eyes, not that vision thingy of yours. There are TENS of soldiers down there. Take your pick and start working on Herros. He does need your help, after all."

Hint:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90176.msg2864480#msg2864480
See 'Tips' spoiler.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »

(Yeah, I'm going to ask DBZ to confirm that they are still there. Not posting anything else because this conversation is starting to irritate me.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »

Yes, there were a lot of Ross coming up the stairs. Now that the gunfire has mostly ended, they're mostly congregating on the middle floors (5 floors, you're on the top) wondering 1) where the fighting is and 2) why the AI is playing mechanical disco.

Can Mr. Burns at least explain why he went out into the battlefield all by himself, with no fire support or anything? I'm kinda curious about it.

You got it!

--------

The officer lowered his arms a bit. Having been silent all this time, he finally responded to Amatin's query.

"There was an alarm... All the guards were talking about what to do, because the central hub is right below the bridge... We didn't want the... erm... opposition to come up the bridge without us being prepared. The... erm... uh, chief of security (!) sent me down to check on the fight, what's going on, who's winning, etcetera. I wasn't expecting the battle to be over this early."
The captain of the guard pitched in.
"Darn straight! How were we supposed to know they were all psychic!"

Kayle shrugged. "That's what happens when you speak of a subject you have zero knowledge of. You don't hear me talking about quantum... reactor... physics... things..." she trailed off. She was a soldier, not an engineer. She didn't need to know how to repair ship engines, only where to place bombs to destroy them. "I already did it on those guys down there. I doubt a second casting - especially so soon - would leave them alive, and we're not supposed to be killing people during a ceasefire, right? So unless you're volunteering yourself or one of our allies, forget about it." She didn't think the Ross who had sided with them would much appreciate being thrown over to be test subjects.

(This conversation is destined to a downward spiral - statistically speaking - since Kayle is extremely tactless and Amatin is a horrible diplomat. :P Anyway I guess bloodlust is going to go to waste. I'm actually not sure if we have any enemies left since it appears I took all 100 HP out of the three enemies on the bottom floor, but I'm writing it as if I just took their fighting spirit away because _DBZ_ never said if they were dead or not and the text accompanying the roll seemed to indicate that that was the case.)

I didn't make it clear. It was 100hp total. 100/3=33. You can do a second casting.

Umm, it's friday now, so I'll try to roll soon, maybe after making some chainmail. But for now... how about an "enemies left" list? :D
Spoiler: Ross (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »

Will the Guards attack us if Horatio tells them to hold fire?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2012, 06:46:25 pm »

Hopefully not... but since the admiral can give orders too, and the comms are under French control (Horatio's orders have to be spoken) I don't think the bridge will cooperate too well.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2012, 06:51:16 pm »

(to Amatin's post)"I guess you can try that." Give Amatin my old suit of armor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 06, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »

Kayle glanced over the railing, instead of looking over it and risking getting shot in the head. There was one guy in her field of vision, so she went ahead and tried it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2012, 01:05:50 am »

Roll 38

Spoiler: Enemies in Central Hub (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Jaffar, realizing that his forcefield was linked to himself for structural integrity, decided if he could incorporate technology in such a fashion as to work with his powers in order to strengthen them.
He hopped onto the station's wireless network, inputted the credentials he learned from a Ross a while back, and got on the network.
Spoiler: Tablet Display (click to show/hide)
*Remember, standard defense is blanket armor that resists everything. Specific defense is added onto the standard defense.

He figured he could disarmor one of the dead or disabled Ross around the room. However, Zakroff, the Merchant of Death, was already scavenging the room for weaponry and devices. He wasn't looking for armor, luckily.
[5] Zakroff managed to scrounge up two shotguns, two submachine guns, and two pistols.

Of course, he couldn't carry them all with him, so he'd have to bring only a few to the bridge with him.
Spoiler: Total Loot (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, Kayle experimented with her newly improved powers to heal Herros' recent burn wounds and perhaps more. She attempted to retarget her Drain Life spell so that she could siphon life from one person to another, regenerating damaged cells. Or so she thought, at least. Nothing is concrete with magic in play.
[6] [4] She first targeted a single Ross from the lower decks. Siphoning 20 hp from him, Kayle attempted to target the energy toward Herros, and not herself. What resulted was rather unsettling. Herros first screamed in pain, then proclaimed "Hmm, I feel better now. Thanks!"
Not quite finished yet, Kayle kept him from getting up. "Hold on, I want to try something else as well..."
Kayle continued, this time siphoning another 21hp, 7 from each of the three soldiers. They began stirring. Kayle could almost... feel their pain [3]. Noticing this right away, she tried to lock on to one of them to see if she really could tell what others were feeling... she never really was that empathetic, so this ability would certainly surprise her if she had it. But alas after trying, she felt nothing.

--------

"Hey, Herros," began Caplus, lugging his packed up Patriot gear behind him.
"Yeah?"
"Ya think you could... erm, program my armor to walk around and shoot if attacked? At least make it follow us and hold a gun."
"It's self-powered, correct? It uses motors? In that case, I can do just that. Give it to me."

Herros laid his hand on the armor, practicing his own affinity with technology while using his cloak at the same time to get a better understanding of the armor's computer systems. He carefully reprogrammed the suit by literally just thinking about it. Within a second he lifted his hand and cracked his knuckles as the suit unpacked, stood up, albeit clumsily, and received a rifle from Caplus.

"It's a bit clumsy, but the motors aren't that precise. Lousy engineering, I'd say."

--------

Amatin, clutching his arm as the bleeding finally slowed down, stood upright while finalizing the agreement with Stonewall.
Afterwards, he ordered everyone to the bridge while interrogating the newcomer... Walter Burns, was his name. He had apparently come down from the bridge in order to check on the battle and report back. But the battle had already ended prior to his arrival... tough luck.

"Mr. Stonewall, watch this man... and stay right there. We'll return with the admiral shortly."
"Suuuure..." he responded, his voice trailing off with a hint of scorn.

Following that, the entire team... including the new Merchant of Death Zakroff, piled into the elevator, made their way up, and exited the elevator, guns raised, as they headed down the hallways into the control bloc of the ship.

Cue Soundtrack?

The party reached a single large three-meter door. [1] Kayle scanned the room through the door... she detected numerous crewmen at their posts, a few... guards with pistols... around the area, and a single man in the front of the bridge (the hallway led forward, imagine it like this).

[4] With that, Herros attempted to open the door. When it refused to open... apparently being electronically locked, he placed his hand on it and killed it to open. The door then slid open, and the party, complete with robotic power armor and three allied Ross troops following behind.

The team walked down a central raised section of flooring, forward, to the man in front.
Crewmen lined the sides of the bridge, tapping away in the dark on their terminals. A number of them seemed infuriated--closer examination of their screens revealed that the AI had made some crude drawings on their displays. This ship was heading for disaster.

The man in front turned around immediately, having been watching the rest of the Ross fleet open fire on the Centauri fleet. Notably, many of the Ross vessels started to stop shooting, their captains noticing the Aurora losing control. No radio chatter came from the speakers however. As for the man himself, he was a bearded Ross male in a white cloak, fully compliant with common stereotypes. Surprised, he drew his own rather large pistol, and pointed it at Amatin's face.

Tersely, he began to speak. "Just what do you... rascals think you're doing..."
The admiral thought he would lose his life if he fired, so obviously, Amatin firmly believed, he wouldn't shoot.
"Get him, Galena." said Amatin, ignoring the admiral's words, and smirking at the same time.

Without a word, Varron willed some false gravity in such a fashion that the admiral should flip upward, become completely disoriented, and be unable to fire back. He would then simply pluck the pistol from his hand. Works on paper, no?
What actually happened, was nothing.

"Uh... Galena..." Amatin's voice lowered.
"Um.... TRYING!"
"What are you talking about?!"

--------

Okay, slight departure from standard RTD style right here. I'll do mini-rolls from now on until after this confrontation. Of course, they'll be bulk mini-rolls... think of them as rolls that don't require everyone's participation. I'll be replying to you guys as the admiral and any other characters.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2012, 01:08:05 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2012, 02:02:07 am »

Hopefully not... but since the admiral can give orders too, and the comms are under French control (Horatio's orders have to be spoken) I don't think the bridge will cooperate too well.
Actually, I just gave the captain my radio, so he'll be able to broadcast his orders. It's my first post in the Turn 37, I think. Bolded non-dialogue acton.

"Keep trying, Galena. There must be something holding him in place - anti-acceleration braces or magnetic boots, perhaps. Speaking of which, Citrus, EMP his feet. Meanwhile, I'll try to talk some sense into him."
Amatin turned back to the Admiral and raised his voice so as to be heard everywhere in the room:
"We're stopping a crime against humanity and preventing a galaxy-wide war from happening. I assume you're informed that this attack has been launched on the day of the Graduation ceremony, when it would kill as many civilians as possible... but do you also know there are multiple Aroth and Cyrian representatives trapped in the University right now? Their homelands will gladly use their deaths as an excuse to join the new Centauri-Ross war. What will your people do then, once they're facing the united forces of the Authoritarians?"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:01:34 pm by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:53 am »

Direct the gravity... well, backwards. Rather than pulling him up, set a false object behind him, while curving the field before it reaches us... Essentially, pull him backwards. If he suddenly moves, pull him upside-down and turn him away from us.

Oh, also, attempt to rework my passive sense of motion into a sense of all forces exerted on an object.

Out of curiosity, where did the name 'Galena' come from?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:57:49 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »

Zakroff held the two Kaiser KP8's he had liberated, one in both hands, pointed at the guards he stood in the room. Zakroff smiled underneath his mask. He stood motionless, and silent though his eyes were quickly scanning the room looking for every guard, and anyone who may have a weapon of some sort of them.

Scan the room looking for weapons, and the people holding them
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107