Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86068 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #555 on: December 26, 2011, 07:17:54 am »

Kayle continued to stand by, keeping a watch over everything, ready to shoot the first enemy that stepped out of line.

Not a lot to do this turn since HmH jumped on the only plot thread and I don't want to run on ahead solo and get killed. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 26, 2011, 08:11:00 am »

Action: Small talk until I get to my destination. When there, knock the guy out if he doesn't leave on his own.

Then, Insert Doom Chip!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 26, 2011, 08:13:17 am »

Not a lot to do this turn since HmH jumped on the only plot thread and I don't want to run on ahead solo and get killed. :P
I'm not good at reading subtle messages behind the written words, but I have a strong feeling that you disapprove of my 'jumping on the only plot thread'(I see what you did there, by the way).
If that assumption is correct, then here's the explanation for what I did: back when I posted the action, the group didn't know the guards' disposition towards us, and bluff - something that Kayle is incapable of doing - would be a good strategy to ensure that captives are willing to tell us the truth instead of whatever they want.

Regarding your action: learn some magic while you have the opportunity, you're letting a perfectly good gameplay feature pass by. I think I touched this subject before, no? That we're all space wizards, and we've been studying in the Uni for years, and that one spell takes just a few minutes to learn? We've got to know more than just one spell and one passive ability. Thus, it'd be only logical if you made an action to remember something from your studies.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 26, 2011, 08:24:27 am »

No, not disapproving of you. If I have a problem with someone/something I'm pretty straight up about it; that's why I jumped on adwarf a couple of pages back. (I don't have a problem with him personally, just objected to his action... which got retconned anyway >.>) Anyway, I don't really have any magic to learn/practice. One of my abilities is passive and the other is too risky to use much, because I just know if I roll bad I'm going to end up doing something stupid as hell like drain my own life and put it into the enemy. Additionally it's a bit out of character to just ignore everything else going on and start messing around with magic randomly. At the very least it would show the enemies that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to magic and at worst it would either damage me to practice due to spell backfire/failure or I'd get shot while I wasn't paying attention. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 26, 2011, 02:52:32 pm »

Put on the suit of armor. Make sure it won't blow-up first.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 26, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »

Amatin continued, checking to make sure the elite's memory wasn't blocked.
"Never mind. On with the rest of the plan... Could you list the names and ranks of the people in your squad? What checks are performed to detect guard pretenders?"

"Why certainly, you have Erik Von Fredereich over there, you have Ross Winfield, who you just shot in the head with an arrow, you have..."
"Alright, that's all I need to know. Have you completely forgotten the person behind this plot?"
"Not rally. I know again now. But I just can't tell you... there's something....."

No, not disapproving of you. If I have a problem with someone/something I'm pretty straight up about it; that's why I jumped on adwarf a couple of pages back. (I don't have a problem with him personally, just objected to his action... which got retconned anyway >.>) Anyway, I don't really have any magic to learn/practice. One of my abilities is passive and the other is too risky to use much, because I just know if I roll bad I'm going to end up doing something stupid as hell like drain my own life and put it into the enemy. Additionally it's a bit out of character to just ignore everything else going on and start messing around with magic randomly. At the very least it would show the enemies that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to magic and at worst it would either damage me to practice due to spell backfire/failure or I'd get shot while I wasn't paying attention. :\

You could practice during battle. :)

Don't worry. Well, you can. But still, I'm trying to create as many plot threads as would be feasable. Having a separate thread for each character is a bit much, so I'm having to make decisions about when it is appropriate to separate a character and to have them do something else. Poor Varron, for example, hasn't gotten to do much at all :/

Ah well. We should be getting off this heap soon.

By that I mean we really should get around to it...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:26:59 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 26, 2011, 04:12:02 pm »

Well, once I download the plot virus, I say we just expedite our escape-you ideally tossing in whatever end of chapter boss/combat encounter you like. Or, alternatively, we just get captured and thrown in the brig.

It's about time people started getting eaten by giant alien plants.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 26, 2011, 04:15:13 pm »

Can I get a mini-turn for the following action?

Zakroff decided he needed to buy more time, and the only way to do that was to use his powers. He walked up to the entrance into the Hanger, and placed his hand upon it. Suddenly his eyes changed, numerous miniature blue lines carved across his eyes like some form of data chip in a computer, and the same happened to the door, but only Zakroff could see.

Try to turn the entrance into a solid slab of metal.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 26, 2011, 05:31:00 pm »

Zakroff walked over to the hangar's main entrance, placing his hand on it. Since the cargo doors had to be opened from the inside, sealing the main entrance would certainly buy some more time.

[2] Zakroff concentrated on the door. It was a bit too large to use his powers on. However, instead of focusing on the whole door, he managed to convert part of the sliding mechanism into a solid slab of steel. Or perhaps he just weakened it and made it more likely to break and stay open after being opened. His powers weren't quite advanced enough to feel the material yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 26, 2011, 06:17:32 pm »

"Ah it'll have to do." Zakroff said before turning around, and grabbing the guard's weapon.

Grab the dead guard's weapon, and use my power to turn it into a mini-gun.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 26, 2011, 06:18:19 pm »

"Ah it'll have to do." Zakroff said before turning around, and grabbing the guard's weapon.

Grab the dead guard's weapon, and use my power to turn it into a mini-gun.

Do you mean to modify the turret with it, or to just make it into a minigun? Because it already is a minigun...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 26, 2011, 06:18:56 pm »

Modify the turret with it of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 26, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »

Right.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 27, 2011, 03:11:54 am »

Continue to be threatening and all that stuff. Watch out etc etc.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 27, 2011, 03:35:30 am »

Sarcasm was dripping off the Elite's words, a sign of clear remembrance of their past exchange. That meant no reprogramming took place - the soldier still was trustworthy. Amatin stood up from Von Frederich:
"We'll be going, then. Oh, and one more thing: we will take you hostage to prevent further fighting between us and the ship's guards. Will all of you come willingly?"
Lobotomize those who won't. Lead the group and the hostages to the next room. One of the Elites will carry the stunned Ensign.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:39:02 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107