Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86043 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48:12 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 12, 2011, 06:59:09 pm »

Head over to the bartender and see what he wants.

Minor: Call my friend, who's in a vacation to Arcturus, about Ross Politics.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:01:40 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »

Kayle began charging her tachyon gun, just in case it would be needed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 12, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »

Follow Jaffar and Caplus.

Edit: Just realised it was Jaffar, not Amatin with us >.>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:38:17 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 12, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »

Take any weapons I can find off the guard's body, and then find, and slip into the ventilation system.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2011, 08:44:02 pm »

Kayle began charging her tachyon gun, just in case it would be needed.

It doesn't need to charge :/

At least i don't think so...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:20 pm »

I could've sworn that when the guy who previously had it fired it there was a mention of being able to charge it up for more damage. Ah, well. If I'm wrong, I'll just

shoot the coilgun emplacement

instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »

Oh, no, it's undervolted specifically to prevent the shot from going through the whole ship and killing someone on the other side. It's really short-ranged because of this.
However, I just realized... you could shoot through the wall without opening the door...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »

Herros will open the door when everyone is ready, then hold down his trigger while pointing at the coilgun
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 13, 2011, 02:50:30 am »

Amatin knew a trick just for situations like the one they were going to enter right now: three to five targets in a crowd, tough enough to stop shrapnel with their bodies, slow enough to be caught off guard with a quick dart into the melee range. It worked on a pack of ghouls before - now was the time to test it on soldiers.
"Alright, people, here's what we'll do:
I'll charge inside and dispose of any guards that block your line of fire. There'll be shrapnel, so don't leave cover until I'm done. I'll let you know when the room's clear with a big, loud explosion throwing me out of the way - which I'll survive, mind you. Once that happens, start playing your parts.
Kayle, Herros, you'll target the coilgun. Bend or melt it if you have to, but disable the damned thing before it started shooting, or it won't stop until we're dead.
Milia, check behind the coilgun to see if anyone's hiding there. Herros has disabled all remote-control systems, which means that someone has to man everything - and I'd hate to let that someone get a jump on us in the future."

As soon as Herros opens the door, lunge at the crowd of guards before us and send a rocket into the center of their formation. Taking advantage of my Point-Blank Fighting experience, use one of the guards as a shield against the explosion. Fall down and play dead as I'm hit by the shockwave.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:20:04 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:20 am »

Follow Caplus. Act casual.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2011, 10:00:49 am »

Prepare one imbued arrow... things might get messy.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 17, 2011, 01:45:22 am »

Roll 30

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Caplus and his comrades descended the stairs to the bottom floor. Acting casually, Jaffar sat down on an empty couch, calling Varron over. Caplus consulted the bartender.
"What's up cowboy," the bartender began. Caplus' entire body twinged at the bartender's accent... No. Just no. But the bartender was expecting a reply.
[3] "Uh, see, my power suit ran out of juice back in the engine bloc, and..." he was cut off.
"Ah I see. We got a lazy one here. You're supposed to switch out a new one every twelve hours to make sure that don't happen. It'll take a while to open up the back and restart the reactor and..."
[4] "Yeah yeah, just what do you want?"
"Eh, I was just saying hi. If you want I can get you a drink--"
[5:Level up!] "No thanks, we'd really better get going now. This helmet is a pain to wear around without the suit to support it."
"Bah, no problem cowboy. Go on ahead."
"Now if you'll excuse me..."

Caplus propped himself up against the wall and took out his phone. He viewed the available cell networks, and noticed that the Centauri network wasn't there. Strange, yes, but perhaps the ship's armor interfered with Centauri signals. He settled for the ship's ad hoc connection, picked it, and began to call one of his friends, Marcus Wilheim.
Wilheim was currently on a 'vacation' to Arcturus. More specifically, he was employed with a starship armor company, and he was given the option for a 'break' at a hotel near the largest Aroth armor manufacturer's primary factory.

The phone took a while to connect, as was expected of a device trying to connect to another device light-years away. Hyperspace communication was still in its early stages. First, the phone would connect to the nearest hyperspace link point--often a tower or a facility. Next, the link point would connect via wireless to the nearest link point to the destination... but in hyperspace, where distances are all smaller. And so on. Regardless, distances in hyperspace were still exceedingly great.
The phone finally connected after a few minutes of waiting. Caplus' friends watched him this entire time.

"Hello, Marcus?"
"Oh, hi there. How is everything going?"
"Uh... fine! Fine! Hey man, do you happen to know anything about the elections recently?"
"Of course. I left right when the progressive party won the ballot. They promised to promote research, not declare war on people, that kind of stuff. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I couldn't watch the election channels."
"Thanks, that's all I need to know. Bye!"
"Wait, that's it--" Caplus hung up.

The news report was also wrong... what's going on here!?

----Meanwhile----

Herros' finger hovered over the control panel, waiting for the correct moment to strike the virtual button and open the door.
"Ready?"
Kayle replied with a hint of innovation apparent in her voice.
"Wait a bit. Let me do something..."

Kayle held the TAC into the door, aiming it at the farthest blob. She went ahead and [2] fired, telling Herros to immediately open the door.

On the other side, the tachyon blast floated through the door. One Ross soldier leaning against the wall jumped as the blast sailed past him. He shouted at the others, especially the gunner, whom he noticed was about to get hit.
"Everyone, get to the wall!"
The five soldiers lifted their weapons and placed their backs to the walls of the tunnel. The gunner, meanwhile, [5] cleanly dodged the tachyon ball, dismounting the coilgun in the process and hefting it up, pointing it toward the door.

"I'm alright, you guys open the door. Let's check this out."

"They're opening the door! Hurry!" Shouted Milia, preparing an arrow and imbuing it.
[1] Herros mashed the control panel and jumped up, firing his weapon at the center of the door, holding fire as the door opened and the beam cut straight into the back wall.

"This is stupid..."

Amatin, regardless, attempted his plan. He lunged at the nearest guard, firing a rocket into the center of the tunnel beforehand. The surprised guard, clad in elite armor, slammed his fist into Amatin's cheek, knocking him to the ground.
Perfect, that just makes me seem even more dead, he thought as the rocked exploded, [6] leaving a massive black pockmark in the center of the tunnel, wounding all the guards. for heavy damage. Amatin himself stayed on the ground, waiting for his teammates to cover for him.

----Afterwards----

Zaroff kneeled over Willem's limp body. The man had a family, yes, but he directly endangered Zaroff's plan. He had something big in mind, something important. To him though, it didn't matter. Nothing did. Zaroff was remarkably insensitive.

[6] Zaroff pulled a strange cylinder out of Willem's storage, eyed it it carefully, held it upright, then pressed the only button with his thumb. The top of the cylinder opened with a shutter-like system, and a strange white clump floated out over the device. He decided it would be best not to tilt the device, and released the button. The clump fell inside and the shutter closed.
He considered picking up Willem's gun. It was worth millions, so it would definitely be worth the extra weight. Provided it didn't get him killed, of course. However, upon attempting to lift it, he found that he just couldn't carry it around with all of his other items in his backpack.

His next goal was to locate the ship's ventilation system. Zaroff scanned the room and located a grate reminiscent of a ventilation entrance. He made his way to it, and immediately pried the grate off the shaft. However, to his dismay, the shaft was divided into four identical segments, each roughly the width of a cantaloupe. Zaroff could not imagine how he would fit through that.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 17, 2011, 01:46:37 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:49:53 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 17, 2011, 03:10:24 am »

Kayle cursed in Cyrian and fired the tachyon gun at the man with the coilgun a second time before taking cover to the side of the door.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 107