Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86040 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2011, 06:24:23 pm »

"Well if that is how you feel I quess you die, but I will give you one more chance to rethink, and accept the deal. Otherwise today you shall meet Death, and walk through the gates of whatever hell you believe in."

If he tries anything funny (Makes a move for a radio, or starts to call something in open fire with my pistols, and order the turret to fire as well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:40:31 pm by adwarf »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 04, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »

First of all, I'm not buying that explanation. Second of all, even if you're 'lying,' our cover is still blown. All Willem has to do is say something over his radio and our entire plan is shot. >:(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 04, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »

Hmm. I can see his logic (but I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking of that explanation when he was speaking to the Ross) but the cover->blown part of it still stands as an issue. Eh, I might disregard that part of the conversation if it's bad enough.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 04, 2011, 06:27:52 pm »

"Plan:Get to bridge, get everyone away from port, insert the chip when no-one is looking."

Head thorugh the ship to the bridge with Varron and Jaffar.

Some traits:
Quick to Anger:(-1 after first chance.)
Knowledgeable:(+1 when informing a person of a fact they didn't know.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:46:09 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 04, 2011, 06:29:42 pm »

He won't have a chance after all I am keeping him talking, and if I feel he is going to then I will kill him as he is unaware of my little turret buddy sneaking up behind him.

As for not believing the explanation, why don't you? Do you think the Academy is just going to sit back, and let them waltz in without a fight, no they would choose the obvious choice, and send in a squad of their students, which are far more deadly then any soldier, and use them to take out the main ship, and put a stop to the enemies attack. After all when your outnumbered, and outgunned you will always use every plan you can come up with if it has a chance.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 04, 2011, 06:35:29 pm »

The bigger problem isn't whether I believe you or not (I don't, and not only that but if you had been paying attention to the thread you would know they already have a fleet out and it was our own decision to sneak aboard. No one ordered us to do so), it's that you basically screwed over the entire party.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 04, 2011, 06:39:22 pm »

First off I have read the entire thread, and knew exactly that it was your decision, and as I said the Academy might send in a squad of their own free will under these conditions, I didn't say you guys were that squad. Next, you see he hasn't called it in as I can hear everything he says, and if he tries I am going to shoot at him, and stop him from doing. Third, he has no chance to call it in as its both me, and my turret that can attack him at any moment, if I get the slightest feeling he is going to call it in, then i will kill him.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:41:10 pm by adwarf »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 04, 2011, 06:42:23 pm »

You aren't going to just automatically stop him from doing anything... If you fail your attack rolls then we're still screwed. Anyway, I'm dropping it here rather than spam the thread with an argument.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 04, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »

I'm going to drop that part of the conversation because screwing over the entire party doesn't sound too fun.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 04, 2011, 06:54:46 pm »

I'm going to drop that part of the conversation because screwing over the entire party doesn't sound too fun.
I was about to ask you to do that, so thanks.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:20 am »

Hmmm...

Shy: Negative modifier at start of conversation which diminishes over the course of the conversation.
Keen Observer: After each conversation roll, one conversation trait of the other character is revealed, or other peciularities if the roll is good enough.
Eerie Fascination: Once per conversation, if chances run out, gain extra chances if the opponent fails a will check.
Savage's Morals: Malus to any moral arguments made by Milia or used on her.
Out of the Loop: Malus to understanding any contemporary developments or technologies, excluding anime.

Enough for you? :P

Hand over the long-range communicator to someone who knows to use it better. Then, target practise until the group does something.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

Hmm Herros's social traits

Un-empathic : Herros does not get other people's emotions
Arrogant: Herros firmly believes in himself, a little too much
Analytical: Herros looks at most parts of an argument before committing
Impulsive: When he makes a decision he recklessley follows it

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »

Sorry about not posting. School and the bad habit of rewriting keep slowing me down.

"Plan? Well, the only one I can think of - aside from posing as guards, of course - is to take down the guardposts one by one until we reach the service tunnels, which are usually located deeper into the ship. You know, one of those pesky security measures they take on big ships - much easier to prevent infiltrations when you've got a chokepoint or two between the outer hull and the entrance to man-sized ventilation ducts. Anyway, guardposts should be relatively easy prey: the tech-jamming field will keep enemy's communications down, and I'm pretty sure Caplus is going to EMP any coilgun he sees... provided he can do it unnoticed.
But that's my thoughts. If anyone can think of a better plan, share it. I'm serious. Bruteforcing the ship's security is always the most unsafe, barbaric and sloppy thing to do on a mission, so I'll run with any idea that allows us to slip past the guards or kill them before they can fight back."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:28:31 pm by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:38 am »

beep de boop
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »

Started yesterday, finished today. Just realize that homework, school days, and visits with relatives all affect rolling.

Also, I didn't get an action from Wolfchild (not that he needs one atm), Amatin, or Talarion. Meh. Nothing too important for you guys this turn, other than the whole plan thing.

Roll 29

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:
----Initially----

Zakroff carried on the conversation for just a little longer, during which he had pulled out his old spider turret and armed it. He slipped in the power core, and programmed it to sneak up behind Willem and take him out from behind.

"I'm through with you! Get out and show yourself!"

[5] Zakroff pushed the spider turret along to get it started, before drawing his pistols once more and firing off a few rounds to suppress Willem,  who didn't even flinch. Willem responded with a hail of bullets, forcing Zakroff to stay behind cover. To his benefit however, Zakroff heard the sound of a light machine gun echo behind Willem. Willem turned around, taking 21 damage, giving Zakroff the opportunity to fire [4] times, hitting Willem in the back of the head for 74 damage! Willem fell to the ground, his helmet shattered and his head cracked open, with a thud.

Zakroff breathed a sigh of relief before walking up to his turret, yanking the power cell out and folding up the turret, putting it in his backpack. Now, he thought, he might have to deal with any guards that heard the crash. Unless, of course, he simply escapes unnoticed.

----Meanwhile----

Caplus twiddled his thumbs, waiting for Jaffar.
After a short while, Jaffar came in, his hand clutched over the frenchman chip in his pocket. His face bore an almost-sinister smile. As with everyone else, though, his helmet was on and blah blah blah.

Caplus continued: "Alright, open up."
"No problem," replied the face as the door depressurized, revealing, on the other side, a small force of men in Patriot gear, similar to his. Caplus could tell they were giving him odd looks, what with his helmet on. Nervous, he, Varron, and Jaffar proceeded past the coilgun emplacement at the end of the hall, turned around the corner, and reached a lager hall with lockers on either side. Proceeding through another door, the three found themselves in a large hub, consisting of a three-level stairwell inside a large metal room. Signs dotted the hallways that jutted out of the 3rd level. The second level appeared to have armories in the corners in case of problems. In the center on the bottom level was a bar... occupied by three soldiers with their disengaged helmets lying on the table below, drinking and talking about something incoherent at this distance.

The bartender looked up at the three, and made a hand signal, which Caplus identified as an invitation.

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)

----Also----

Milia fumbled with the communicator, attempting to decode the various symbols and numerals on it... What's an 'Hz'? You can't even pronounce that!
Frustrated, she tapped on Herro's shoulder to get his attention. Herros was carefully examining the rail gun for a seam in the casing. Surprised, he gave a quick yelp.
Just a split-second before Herros screamed, Milia had heard the checkpoint door shut in the distance. She heard Caplus' requests, everything. Luckily, Herros didn't compromise the squad's cover. The guards were hopefully under the impression that there was nobody left to enter.

She turned to Herros.
"Hey there, do you know what a huhzz is?"
"A what?"
"This thing right here..." she pointed to the symbol on the communicator.
"That's a hertz..."
Her jaw dropped...
"You you know what, keep the bloody thing."

The remaining squad in the room, namely, Amatin, Herros, Milia, and Kayle, proceeded to take up a position at the door. Herros rushed to the control panel.

(When he opens it, it will be a sneak attack on the enemy if you choose to shoot immediately. Watch out for the coilgun...)

Warning: Coilguns, naturally, having little contact with their 'barrel' to speak of during firing, do not heat up very quickly. This, combined with their compact ammunition size and the lack of propellant needed, means that once you get suppressed, you'll probably stay suppressed. Keep this in mind.)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:48:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 107