Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86035 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:19 pm »

Roll 27

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:
----Initially----
Willem leaned against the wall, thinking. There was nothing else to do. He had been assigned on guard duty at the Aurora's rear hangar bay. It wasn't a difficult task, given that he was the only soldier on duty. In fact, he had been assigned this post for the last three weeks--three weeks of uninterrupted duty at the same spot on the same ship. And so he thought, he thought on about what people think about every day, be it the latest Silver OS smartpad to come out, (His favorite brand, in fact. Pear Products' YouPad had always seemed overhyped to Willem. When it finally debuted in 3093, it was majorly lacking in features that Silver OS had already had for years.), or the hottest ships in the civilian line. Military ships--especially this one--were far too large and bulky for his taste. Civilian lines were always sleeker and in most cases faster. If he was allowed to, Willem figured that he would rather pilot a civilian craft over a cumbersome military fighter, even in combat. They were far superior in every way--

Suddenly he heard a crash followed by a second one and the closing of the bay's secondary doors. Spacing out at that moment, he saw nothing. His instincts, however, kicked in, and consequently he found himself huddled behind a crate, his Caseless TAK-X9 brought to bear over his shoulder. He reached for his hand-camera, and raised it over the edge of the crate in order to survey what had just occurred. Willem saw a vessel of blatant Centauri manufacturing laying on one of the landing pads. More interestingly, actually, was the fact that the ship had just blown through the hangar bay doors in order to enter, apparently with some kind of explosive charge or torpedo. Naturally, as the order was not yet given to launch the fighters, all Ross fighters in the launch bay--Sparrows, Nighthawks, Falcons, all of them were unmanned. In fact, Willem was the only one in the room, to his knowledge, aside from his new adversary.

He watched for a moment as a cloaked man ejected himself from the fighter's cockpit. The strange man, dressed in a thick black outfit, wore a mask on his face, which Willem himself cringed at. But Willem knew he wouldn't get past command letting a single person break in. He rose from behind the crate, intending to duck down once more in case of gunfire, and shouted, "Halt! You've violated the law! Please uh... drop your weapon?"
Willem pointed his weapon at the man.

Zakroff giggled a bit. One guard protecting a vulnerable point? this was disappointing. There were bound to be more, though. Especially once the guards at the observation deck noticed him.

----Afterward----

Kayle smiled to herself, thinking, for an engineer, Jaffar is an awfully good shot. She walked over, wrenched the tachyon rifle out of the fallen guard's hands, and slung it over her shoulder. Herros, from a distance, eyed the rifle, began walking over to Kayle in order to request it, and pondered the use of the other soldier's rail gun. Perhaps the magnets could be used to enhance the bow he made.

After Herros asked Kayle, she gave him the rifle, before turning to the eight engineers, struggling to get up thanks to a lack of HEV suit training.
"You people had better surrender too, or you'll die."

One of them responded: "We can't even get up!"
Kayle shot him in the head.
"Anyone else?"

Jaffar passed by and noticed the exchange of the tachyon rifle. He asked herros politely to examine it: "Herros, I'd like to see that. I'll give it back, and I promise I won't break it."
He replied: "Eh, if you break it I'll fix it again. Knock yourself out." while handing the rifle over to Jaffar.

Jaffar left and sat down next to the body of the soldier Kayle slew with her sword. He examined the armor--finding various servos obviously intended to increase strength. The plating was moderate--but resilient to all of his tools. He looked up the enforcer line of power armor on the ship's (filtered) free wi-fi:
Quote from: Enforcer Gear Analysis
The Enforcer Suit is a general-use set of indoor power-armor, equipped with radiation shielding and a modest amount of all-purpose plating. Its magnetic boots and corresponding organic biochip allows walking with ease on both land and starship, and it supports up to 6 HUD augments.

Specifications:
{DATA ONLY AVAILABLE ON SECURE WIRELESS. PLEASE LOGIN WITH ID AND PASSWORD TO READ THIS}

Hmm.
[5: Level Up!] Jaffar linked his helmet to the suit, and managed to download a classified military handbook application. Sweet. The rest consisted of an API for the biochip controlling the magnetic boots. Irrelevant, so Jaffar ignored that but pondered downloading that as well. He didn't need it and his helmet only had so much space.

[3] Jaffar then used his new software to identify the Tachyon rifle and also took a closer look at the downed soldier's weapon: A Model IV Reizer SmartCannon. Fortunately, Kayle was able to down the soldier before he could fire the thing. It was a quad-barreled death machine with homing rounds--Jaffar had been fired upon multiple times by these things, in fact. Curiously however, the SmartCannon wasn't in the handbook. Neither was the Tachyon rifle, for that matter.

[4] The tachyon rifle, or as the label denoted, the TAC-9, was a weapon of starkly Centauri design. He opened up the case and examined the power core, noting two voltage restrictors set in the "on" position attached. The power conduits led primarily to the Tachyon emitter, a small glass orb with a metal base. When the trigger is pulled, the tachyon emitter apparently... emits tachyons, which are propelled by some other mechanism in the device.

[1] Herros kept the rail gun to himself. It had no brand name. He prompted Jaffar to look up 'rail guns' in the hand book, but it appeared that all railguns in standard use were classified. The gun was encased in a metallic box, which, under further inspection, had no seam and no lock. Attempting to open the case with a hand welder failed miserably, with Herros burning his finger through the HEV suit on accident. (-5Hp)

Meanwhile, Milia took care of everyone's (that is, Herros') wounds.
"I still can't believe how you didn't lose an organ," she remarked while filling Herros' wound with biofoam.
"That bullet went through and through, through everything--armor, whatever..."

Herros gained 30Hp this turn.

----Also----

Amatin led a quick condolence and speech, appropriating Ivan's sword and cloak. Ivan's soul hung around lazily, listening to Amatin's speech, but finally and enthusiastically departed when Amatin finished and freed him from the body.

Amatin has acquired one Silver Longsword and one Cloak of Unpredictability.

Varron returned to Herros, dropping off the parts.

----Oh, And----

Caplus decided that he would scout ahead for the group. He walked back first to reshut the bulkhead, and then skipped ahead to the other side of the room (opposite from the door that the group entered through). After climbing a double stairwell, he reached a checkpoint of sorts with a camera, a large display screen, and a soundproof reinforced large door. Looks like he'd have to hack the door... or perhaps ask for permission? He eyed the camera--it was disabled by Herros' powers. But since Herros' undocumented abilities seemed rather sentient, perhaps it would let the camera work if it sensed that Caplus knew what he was doing. He noted a large red button labelled "Press for Assistance." Tell that to the engineers back there... wait a minute... maybe Herros' powers... Oh now it made sense!

That meant there might be people on the other side looking to fix the door. He might be able to talk his way out of any problems, though.

Time: 1340 CST

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:50:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:11 am »

Zakroff lifted his pistols up to eye level, and let lose firing upon the lone guard. He fired several rounds, and then whipped his cloak around his body, and dove for cover.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:34 am »

Build my door penetrating vacuum pump
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2011, 06:18:16 am »

Jaffar hefted the Reizer SmartCannon into his back, rebalancing himself a bit. In truth, he hated the things-they were the sort of gun people who were very bad shots used to chase mostly innocent engineers like him, while pretending they were in some sort action holo-vid star.

Ahh, but he had never got a hold on one until now, had he? He wanted to see the targeting system-maybe even design a defense against it built into his suit. That'll show em!

He made sure to warn the others-especially her. He was about to speak, when he was interrupted by the familiar sounding snap-fizzle-hiss of someone burning through their suit with a hand welder. Who was this amateur? Jaffar remembed the sound, because he had done the same to himself-like, when he was ten years old.

"Herros, why don't you let me help me you that dangerous stuff. I know Centauri can be accident prone..." he couldn't but help keep the mocking tone out of his voice.

Then he turned to the other, telling them about the weapons, naturally.

"Kayle, if you ever see one of these big rifles with four barrels, make sure to prioritize that target. These things fire ammunition with self correcting trajectory-even one of those limp wristed Ross politicians could nail you with one of these. And getting nailed...erm...is a bad thing."

He strolled over, where one of the engineers was trying unsuccessfully to recover from a hole in the head.

He pointed to what looked like the highest ranking one left, but he wasn't sure. He addressed the man in a polite tone.

"You there-would you kindly give me your ID and Password to the ships Wifi?"

He didn't have to be threatening-Kayle was standing to the side, looming like death.

Actions: Pick up the Smart Cannon and attach it to my back
Then, grill one of the Engineers with Kayles help for a password and ID so I can access enforcer armor specs

Then, help Herros build his PVP, afterwards, keeping up with the group.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:34:05 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2011, 10:03:14 am »

(I kind of took the tachyon rifle 'cause I wanted it for myself, not so I could hand it over on autopilot. (._.))

"All right." Kayle took the tachyon gun back and waited for her team's engineers to finish whatever they were working on. While waiting, she aimed down the sight of the TAC-9 to get used to it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:35 am »

Retrieve arrows, then equip Herros' bow and give it a thorough testing, complete with sniping a roughly apple-like object off the head of a random engineer.

I could also interrogate people, but I figure the terrification factor also helps. Kind of out of things to do unless dissecting dead engineers counts.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

Retrieve arrows, then equip Herros' bow and give it a thorough testing, complete with sniping a roughly apple-like object off the head of a random engineer.

I could also interrogate people, but I figure the terrification factor also helps. Kind of out of things to do unless dissecting dead engineers counts.

OOC: With your high perception, you're good at scouting ahead and looking for traps and ambushes...well, we're in a ship so there's not much to scout, but I'm sure it will be useful in the future.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2011, 02:10:05 pm »

Gather ammo from the downed engineers. You've got the Cloak of Holding; no reason not to hoard stuff. Besides, I'm pretty sure there's something I and Jaffar could do with the batteries to make them go boom.
And if you run out of pockets, just dissect a dead engineer and pin your brand-new leather bag onto your cloak. Win-win situation, see?

"Alright, people, it seems we've got two or three suits of Enforcer armor. Now, let's remember that these guys were probably sent here to evacuate the engineers. Therefore, if we convince the engineers to go with us, or if I succesfully turn them into zombies, three more of our people can infiltrate the base - and do so, I must add, without raising suspicion. Objections, suggestions, ideas? I may have missed something here, and your input will help.
And Kayle, could you talk with the captive guard to confirm my guess about their mission? And get a few more details out of him - what checkpoints do in order to confirm identity, how many people man the checkpoints, how many of them there are on the way between here and our goal, how to remove that armor, et cetera, et cetera. If he refuses to cooperate on the basis that we'll kill him anyway, call me in."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:14:06 pm by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »

Strike last thing out: Now the action is retrieve arrows and then hoard everything that is smallish and looks useful. Then skin an engineer.

OOC: You guys are awesome. Milia -is- kind of suited for open spaces more, not for stuff with airlocks, and there already is a scout here.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:16 pm »

Kayle nodded, then took out her sword and pointed it at the remaining guard's stomach. "Well? You heard the Aroth. Tell us everything you know or I'll start cutting you up."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2011, 02:52:20 pm »

Then skin an engineer.
I like how you haven't specified whether the engineer in question should be a dead one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:17:56 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2011, 05:24:06 pm »

Varron is more suited for... well, either space battles, utility or maybe personnel combat (What, with the dodging bullets and all...)

Put Varron in the middle of a space battle, have him crash all the ships into eachother using his Gravitokinesis. GG. He's also good for scouting because of his passive, but only against moving targets. So he might be a bit of a tracker...

Rendezvous with Caplus, and help in any way I can.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 30, 2011, 05:42:21 pm »

"Alright, I'm going on ahead to take out the bridge.You guys can come if you want, but please try to stay away from any combat."

Ask Herros to disable his power for the camera and talk my way through.

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2011, 05:38:56 am »

Alright, since Kayle's questions will probably not be rolled for as a separate mini-turn and thus there's no need for any necromancy-enhanced interrogation techniques, I'll just start working on our flock of engineers.
Craft a simple spell that disables the target's prefrontal cortex, weakening their will as well as the cognitive capabilities - or, in other words, lobotomizing them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:48:33 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2011, 06:14:44 am »

((Hmh: Harsh! I approve. :P))

Jaffar looks up working on the PvP. He noticed one of the Engineers Amatain was doing something to, sway, then fall to the floor with a plop.

"Erm, what did you just do to that guy, Amatin?"

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 107