Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85973 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Space Wizards
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2011, 05:38:11 pm »

2nd-degree burns are bad for typing.

Roll 19

Locations:
Spoiler: Aurora (click to show/hide)

Events:

Part 1: Briefing

Amatin nodded to himself, silently agreeing to the admiral's congenially given order. He shouted into the communicator, "Team, this is Amatin. The admiral has given us orders to infiltrate the Ross flagship and turn its weapons against them. Please talk amongst yourselves while Kayle and Herros make sure nothing starts shooting at us, and I formulate a plan."

Amatin returned to the captain's chair, sat back, and began thinking. How could a team of eight people or possibly less infiltrate a flagship? Well... the engine did just get blown out. Maybe the team could enter through the gap in the hull, perhaps? Amatin shouted over to Caplus, who was busy maintaining a safe distance from the fleet, and asked him if Ross vessels typically had hazard equipment. He said yes. Amatin remembered the map he had received. He pulled it out of his pocket, scanning it afterwards for a sort of closet. The medical wing apparently had suits and equipment available for about 90 people-the maximum possible capacity of the ship, most of which would be passengers. With HEV suits now being an option, Amatin returned to his thinking posture and contrived a plan...

...After surmising a rugged outline of a surreptitious approach to Burton's orders, he ruled stealth out of the equation. Yes, stealth was the most logical course of action for an infiltration mission. However, the consequences of being spotted were too great. Inside a planetside installation, an infiltrator has the option of escaping into a less secure surrounding, especially on depopulated worlds such as Gaia and Prack. However, inside the most important vessel in an entire fleet, being spotted would mean being dead in the water. Ships often had bulkheads which could be activated to secure hull breaches. These could very well be used to likewise trap invaders. No... that wouldn't work.
Amatins thoughts began to revolve around Herros. Herros had a strange tinge to his presence. Invariably, technology would never work against his will nearby... only for him. He remembered seeing a fellow student trying to electrocute Herros in the lab at one point as a quick joke. Even though Herros' attention was on his project, his powers still activated, protecting him from an otherwise unpleasant vexation.

Perhaps Herros' field could be used to interfere with the ship's surveillance systems? Yes, that would work. Common sense dictates that the best solution is the most practical, and a quick armed assault would ironically be the stealthiest way to proceed. By shooting everything that moves, nothing but technology remains to report the news. And if that technology is blocked by Herros' aura... yes. That will definitely work. Amatin, now invigorated with fresh ideas, grabbed the communicator and recalled the crew.
"Crew, this is your captain speaking. Please report to the bridge and leave your posts on standby for the mission briefing."
After everyone entered the bridge, he began to outline his plan:
(Not colored for clarity)
"We have been ordered to attack one of the enemy ships on foot, and take it over."
He left in a bit of pause for effect.
"I've come up with a plan for getting us in there alive, and out of there alive. There are two key elements of the plan, both are to occur simultaneously to ensure that the enemy cannot focus on everything we are doing. Jaffar and Caplus, you two are going to disguise yourselves and profess to be technical engineers intending to remove a possible virus from the starship's AI system, thus gaining access to the main computer room. The other element is a full assault on the ship's corridors in an attempt to fight to the bridge, dispatching as much of the ship's crew as possible to minimize resistance and clear a possible escape route. Everyone else, including Ivan and Herros, will come with us. Hopefully, Herros' field will prevent the ship's surveillance systems from notifying the bridge. That way, we can avoid too large a confrontation. Are you all with me?"

For a moment, there was silence. Then Caplus stood forward and agreed. Everyone else stepped forward and agreed afterward, and Amatin gave some final words.
"Alright. We'll be entering through the gap in the ship's hull, and I'm giving the admiral the remote access keys to the Griffin for the time being. If it all works out, we'll find the Griffin parked in the hangar after we shut down the AI. Everyone, get an HEV suit if you don't already have one, and let's get going!"

Amatin led the now safe-from-hazardous-environments crew to the ship's launch bay. The bay contained a single Falcon class fighterbomber, and off to the corner, a set of pods intended for planetside escape. They had rams mounted on the bottoms in addition to jets, making them a perfectly viable form of transit to the enemy ship.

"Alright, let's go." said Amatin, a nervous yet confident look on his face forming as he opened the hatch and invited everyone inside.

Part 2

Jaffar sat in one of the seats in the pod with a computer on his lap. He had wired the Frenchman chip to the computer with intent to make it a viable replacement for the target ship's AI. If it couldn't replace it, it would at least conflict with it enough for him to hack the enemy AI anyway.

>install override_control.
---Installing Drivers..........100%
>override_control --agression:max
---Warning, chip may be harmful to humans. y/n
>y
---Done.
>install targetcontrol{Eagle} && install targetcontrol{AddData}
---Done and done.
>sendmsg "Remember me Frenchy? I'm hiding on one of these Ross ships, and you will NEVER find me! Nyeh!"
... No response.

That finished, Jaffar close the computer and looked up. Everyone else was bracing for impact. Kayle was gripping her laser rifle, and Herros was staring into space, pondering something indistinct. Suddenly, the void of space was replaced with dark metallic inner hull plating. Radioactive gases surrounded the vessel, and Jaffar heard the radiation alarm go off. Amatin singled for the group to ignore it, but it was hard to ignore an alarm beeping almost as loud as a... *crash*

Part 3

The doors swung open, introducing the team to a dark and chilly room. The pod immediately depressurized. Caplus took point, his armor being both the most familiar to Ross, his social skills the most refined, and his equipment the most defensive. The first thing he noticed was that the gravity was off. He couldn't tell which way was up until he stepped on a light, which, previously untouched, began to crumble under his boots.
"Oh, this must be the ceiling..."

The group had landed through a gap in the hull likely caused by one of the gauss slugs and not the explosion. That wasn't good. The slugs had penetrated the fuel conduits that supplied fissile material to the engine. Punctured, these leaked fissile gas that began to trail behind the ship. When these gases came into contact with the exhaust of the engines that still ran, a chain reaction occurred, destroying half the engine bloc. The other half was shut down, and considering that this region was still intact, the group had landed in a place sill saturated with deadly fissile gas.

"Guys, whatever happens, don't let your suit get punctured... you'll get irradiated and you'll explode. Not a pleasant combination."

The room they had landed in was circular in shape, but rather tall, filled with all manners of debris (broken glass, bent steel, wires, etc). The lights were out, and there was a gaping hole in both the floor and the ceiling. Above, the endless void of space could be seen. Below, a mangled mess of steel and wires lined the edges of the hole, which led into some kind of dark and bottomless pit. The floor, being circular, had to be centered around just... something. Jaffar and Herros both looked around for hints as to what had been on the floor before the slugs punched through. There were two doors on opposite sides of the room.

Current Time: 1300

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:58:22 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2011, 10:00:09 pm »

How did you get burned?

Herros made his way to the closest door, and readied his rifle, he would let the Ross open the door however.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2011, 10:53:29 pm »

Which door? You're in the center of the room :P

Anyway, it was in metals class. I was brazing a metal box and I forgot which part of the metal was hot and which wasn't. It's somewhat healed now.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »

ok tghen if neither is closest i will wait for someone who knows the layout to pick
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2011, 04:03:50 am »

Carefully examine hole in floor. Do NOT step on anything with sharp edges. The last part has priority. If I find something, describe my findings to one of the more tech-savvy guys.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2011, 05:23:26 am »

Jaffar engineers eyes saw the mess. They had to get out of here! He was sure power has been shut off to this section by the ships damage control, otherwise they he would have been blown into the stars by now

He hoped the doors were pressure locked and not wholly electronic...

Action: Make sure the power is off in this section, then try to get one of those doors open.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2011, 09:41:13 am »

Kayle stayed near Jaffar, ready to provide cover fire should he need it. His part of the plan as she understood it was probably the most important one, and she aimed to make sure it succeeded.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2011, 12:14:17 pm »

Check the pit with a Geiger counter. If it is more radioactive than its surroundings, announce that the hole is the fuel line. If not, send a rocket down the pit to see if its combustion illuminates anything interesting.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »

Jaffar poked one of the panels experimentally, and he didn't explode. Good start!

He saw Kayle protectively hovering over him with her laser rifle in both hands like a Kyr-Hawk and felt pretty calm. He had barely known the woman for a day, and already felt as if he could trust her. Which was a problem. Jaffar knew he was soft hearted-especially with women-but this one was tough as nails, cold as ice.

He laughed a bit, knowing if he happened to explode or get shot she would probably skip right over his remains without a second glance and continue the mission. That'd be the Cyrian way, after all, he thought.

Spoiler: lore! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:21:10 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 08, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

Did you roll my action about Randosplosion?
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »

Did you roll my action about Randosplosion?

Whoops...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2011, 12:43:05 am »

I have an idea. Make it so that the spell is so random Ivan doesn't even know when or how it will manifest, and then on like a 1 or a 6 later on down the line, use it. :3 Also, mind if I do some lore about Cyrians? Specifically, it would be concerning their homeworld and why they wear HEV suits all the time...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:44:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »

No problem. You're the only Cyrian in the party so I can't imagine it having any effect on anyone else at the moment, since the ship's crew is mostly ross.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2011, 01:02:17 pm »

Open the right door. Have my Gauss Rifle holstered.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »

A holster is for pistols. A gauss rifle is not a pistol. Definitely not.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107