Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85969 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

Name: Zakroff
Color: Yellow
Race: Centauri
Appearance: Zakroff would look like an average Centauri if it weren't for the Outcast symbol burned into his face. This causes him to constantly where a hoodie that covers most of his face, and a mask to cover the rest.
Background: Zakroff grew up in the ruins of an Old World city where he learned to fend for himself, and use the technology of the Old World beter than many others. He grew up alone tinkering with the technology, and scraps he found among the ruins to help him survive in that hostile place. He was constantly threatened by bandits, raiders, and scavengers who came to grab supplies from the city, and thus who learned how to fight, and ambush these threats with little risk to himself. When he was discovered by some scavengers from the University they took him in, and brought him to the acadmey due to his uniqe powers.
Traits: Scum of Society, Old World Nut
Skills: Talented Marksman, Talented Tinkerer, Competent Ambusher
Passive Abilities: Blueprinting (Zakroff can memorize the make-up, and design of an object for creation latter, but he can only remember a max of 3 Designs, before having to forget one)
Active Abilities: Reconstruction (Zakroff can turn an object into something else, so long as it is of a similar make up, and size)
Armor: Blach Hoodie, Black Pant, Kevlar Suit (Covers Everywhere, but his head), White Mask
Equipped: Old World Pistol (13/13, Ballistic) | Old World Pistol (13/13, Ballistic)
Inventory(75/100 kg):
Backpack [5]
3 Rolls of Bandages [2]
Medkit [2]
Magizine Belt [1]
 - 12 Old World Pistol Clips [5]
Toolkit [3]
Bag of Old World Scrap [10]
Shoddy Spider Turret [15]
2 Power Cores [10]

((Is this good ?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:10:19 pm by adwarf »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2011, 04:24:41 pm »

Alright, one last question before I finalize the structure of our infiltration team: are those HEV suits face-concealing?

@adwarf: as a player, I have an issue with your character's passive and active abilities. Could you please change them to something that's not used by other party members? If you don't, I'll call your character a 'hypothetical offspring of Kayle and Varron'.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:34 pm »

Alright, one last question before I finalize the structure of our infiltration team: are those HEV suits face-concealing?

I'll probably give them toggle-able visor tinting, since light is a type of radiation and radiation is what those suits are designed to shield against.

@adwarf: as a player, I have an issue with your character's passive and active abilities. Could you please change them to something that's not used by other party members? If you don't, I'll call your character a 'hypothetical offspring of Kayle and Varron'.

Agreed, actually. Threat detection would be redundant, and telekinesis is both rather cliché and similar to Varron's gravitokinesis. The advantage Varron has here is that his powers scale to the mass of an object, changing its uses. For example, it can't stop bullets, while telekinesis probably could. But Varron can flip tanks. :)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »

Agreed, actually. Threat detection would be redundant, and telekinesis is both rather cliché and similar to Varron's gravitokinesis. The advantage Varron has here is that his powers scale to the mass of an object, changing its uses. For example, it can't stop bullets, while telekinesis probably could. But Varron can flip tanks. :)
Fixing now.

EDIT: Fixed with much better, and unique powers.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:11:08 pm by adwarf »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2011, 01:23:46 pm »

Genuinely sorry for not posting for this long. I've been struggling with my horribad writing habits(and style, too) for the entire day, and still haven't managed to write an in-character retelling of the plan that I wouldn't be ashamed to post, so I'll give out the basics of the two infiltration plans out-of-character. I'll also let the party decide on the details.

The primary plan is that the infiltration team will use HEV suits to disguise themselves as the flagship's technicians sent to check on the engine. When asked what they're doing trying to get to the AI control center, the group will explain that they've found traces of a virus in the engine's systems and it's urgent that they check the ship's AI for infection. On the upside, it only requres a few good rolls to succeed. On the downside, it will require even less bad rolls to fail.
Alternatively, the infiltration party, if we include Herros into it, can go through the ship's technical passages shooting everyone we meet and rely on Herros's tech-jamming aura to block the enemy's communication and surveillance systems. It will be somewhat longer turn-wise than the first plan, but a bit less risky in terms of bad rolls' consequences.
Since there are two equally valid plans and I don't think I should decide which one to follow, I'm not exactly sure on what the infiltration group's composition should be, but, obviously, Caplus and Jaffar will be the two necessary participants if we go with the disguise plan. In case of the other plan, we'll probably need everyone who can shoot a gun to be on the flagship, and someone else to provide fire support from Griffin.
Explain the abovementioned plans to the party. Ask them if they have any suggestions, call for a vote on who should be on the infiltration team. Point out that the less people we send, the easier it will be for them to uphold the disguise, but it will also make the team weaker in combat.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2011, 01:35:58 pm »

"I'll go. I'm not much use here, and I can handle myself in a fight. Plus, my abilities could turn out to be useful..."

Volunteer Self to take part in the infiltration.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

"I'll go with you. I think that an accurate, silent killer with supernatural perception can be of use for a stealth mission. Plus, field medic skills."

Volunteer for infiltration. Especially for the second plan, but I'm kind of dead weight on the ship anyway.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2011, 11:46:48 pm »

"My suit should blend in-I'll look just like another faceless engineer, if a bit outdated in formal wear...

I'm trying to modify a security chip I got from one of those androids that we can put in the A.I quick like. Granted, we won't be able to control it, but It's much more fun this way."

Action: Volunteer! Jaffar, while waiting for the call to go, sits down and begins modifying the Frenchman Chip to go berzerk when he gets close enough to insert it into the enemy ships A.I.-notably, by making it see the Ross ships as under the command of Jaffar, the person who hacked and tortured him...

Quote from: hacked chip
-Insert override control- (Allows the chip to override other A.I's, and use their systems)
-Insert aggression drive- (Allows the chip to harm Humans)
-Insert Target Prog. {Spacecraft}- (Database of space going vessels)

*Additional Message* Remember me Frenchy? I'm hiding on one of these Ross ships, and you will NEVER find me! Nyeh!

OOC: This plan is fail proof. No way I'll start an A.I revolt. Nope.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »

"I might be able to convince any crew members who question us."
Volunteer for infiltration mission. Set the AI to auto-pilot the ship
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 03, 2011, 08:19:54 pm »

Do we have crew members who will stay on the ship? If so, would a diversion be a good idea? Because Kayle would totally lead the fire team. If it's just the PCs, I guess Kayle will stay behind to man the guns and such.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »

Herros will stay behind, unless you really want him on the infiltration team
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

Do we have crew members who will stay on the ship? If so, would a diversion be a good idea? Because Kayle would totally lead the fire team. If it's just the PCs, I guess Kayle will stay behind to man the guns and such.

Not sure... corvettes aren't meant to have large crews. Robots can do most of the grunt work necessary. So I'd say no. However, if you really want a diversion, you could link the ship up to a remote control setup with one of the larger ships in the Centauri fleet. The ship itself actually has plot shielding for now, so it'll be safe in anyone's hands, really.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2011, 12:03:59 am »

Alright, so I guess the inflintarion mission it is, then. Have fun leveling your characters, I guess. I *might get a roll out right now.

*Might as in, possible but unlikely.

EDIT ran out of time. Have to go to sleep now. Writing takes a while...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:04:40 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2011, 12:07:23 am »

I guess we're all infiltrating, then? I might as well go along so I'm not just marking time each turn. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2011, 03:41:43 am »

"Alright, people, that means we're all boarding the flagship. Which leaves us with the unmanned Griffin. Now, we could set it on autopilot, but who'd pick us up after we've accomplished the mission? The Centauri fleet. Thereby, Caplus, you will send Admiral the ship's remote access keys right before we extract.

We're separating into two teams. Caplus and Jaffar do the disguise plan, and everyone else - including Herros and Ivan - kills anyone who might blow the first team's cover. That includes engineers with an uncanny memory for faces, overly vigilant guards and everyone who sees us.
Second team will come with me, obviously. First of all, capture one of the enemy engineers alive. It's important. After we're done with that, feel free to kill on sight.
Alright, briefing's over. Put on your HEV suits from the medical and let's go!
"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:44:21 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107