Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85936 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2011, 06:45:31 am »

"I may aswell..." A small frown danced over his mouth, as he put down the karaoke mic. Just as he started the song, too. He shrugged and walked over to the man. "Shall we go?"

Go with Kayle and the Man.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »

Will i ever get a roll above 3...No.

Wander around looking for my allies. Or look for those back alley doctors.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2011, 04:46:39 pm »

Roll 12

Locations:
Centauri University of the Unknown
-Exam Arena
-Military hall (Everyone)

Actions:

Kayle Silvertaugh-[4] The man looked expectantly at the two graduates. Kayle spoke up,
"I'm no medic but my soldiers and I have been shot before, so I have a small amount of experience treating such things in the field,"
Admittedly, it wasn't very much experience, as her company had a great performance record, rarely being hit. Still, she wasn't about to lie to the man, so she gave her best answer. Kayle then turned to Varron.
"I'm going to see what I can do. Do you want to come along?"

Varron Carse-[1] Varron's smile turned into a frown as he muttered, "I may aswell... Shall we go?"

The man nodded, and turned to exit the bar. At a quick pace, he moved to the shooting range, the two students lagging behind. Finally, he swept open the door. Varron noticed the unusual silence of the gun range. In fact, the closed chamber gave an almost eerie echo, the walls layered with a recent invention known as vibristeel.
This metal was laced with other elements giving it an extremely high absorption rate for the waves that do pass through instead of being reflected. This  makes it ideal for both large starship chassis' as well as for walls designed to be soundproof and bulletproof.

On the floor lay Ivan, his wounds bandaged but with blood still oozing its way out. Ivan's breathing was irregular and short... and immediately he started to cough up blood.
"That's really got to hurt..." remarked Varron, observing the thin splatters of blood on the floor. "What happened?"
"You really. Don't. *cough* Want to know."

Ivan the Adventurer-[6] The man spoke again.
"Your friend here has... somehow injured himself. The problem is that our only doctor is unavailable at the moment, and none of us know how to treat a punctured lung. We at least need to get the bullet out and patch him up for the graduation or we are all finished."

Suddenly, Milia rushes into the room.

Milia Kurasaki-[4] "Someone called for help... IVAN!"

Ivan, once again grievously injured, needed help. Again.

"You know, I'm not that good of a doctor. There's a bullet in your lung... we have to get it out somehow before it breaks through your lung's walls and... neeever mind.
Anyway, I've treated cuts and such, but bullet wounds?"
She motioned over to Kayle. "Do you happen to know how to remove a bullet?"
Once again, the man reenters the conversation.
"You ahve to remember though,t hat the graduation is at 1200, and we really have to get going. Honestly, the sooner you can help, the better, but having a bullet in his lungs isn't immediately fatal, is it?"

Gogogo conversation mode.

Herros Machlan-[2] Meanwhile Herros made his way to the library in search of Milia, she knew how to string a bow. In fact the bow was almost ready, but it just needed a power source and to be strung. Unfortunately, Milia was nowhere to be found, anywhere in the library, at least. Maybe he can simply focus on the battery pack and allow Milia to string and test it after the graduation.

Caplus Orange-[1] During this, Caplus turned away from the hammer, in search of information about a war back on Earth. However, the hammer looks so awesome. He can't simply pass this along. If only he could get ahold of it...

Amatin Seathunder-[1] Amatin, on the other hand, focused on more useful topics. He wondered to himself... thought was the fastest thing known. One could think about Proxima Centauri and then about Polaris, and their thoughts would travel from one star to the other nearly instantly. The ability to travel instantaneously has been a scientist's dream for decades. However, as unfruitful as the idea has remained, there is still one thing that can travel at the speed of thought: thought! If Amatin could acquire any information that ever existed, he would know every enemy, every weakness, everything! He would be invincible! As a dark cloud formed in his mind, he furiously searched the shelves for a book on the matter. The answers must be his!
In his pocket, however, Amatin felt something. He couldn't quite make out what, until he reached in and pulled out the dragon fangs. He had never known a creature that at least looked like a dragon even existed, let alone seen one. he looked at them. He looked more closely, he wanted to know what they were, to understand them beyond their physical form. The black cloud now pervaded his mind, it took control of his imagination. Then suddenly, he saw it. A cold, bleak, starless night, the sky illuminated only by a cold blue light. His view then crossed the horizon. He saw rivers of brimstone flowing around him, then, he saw it, the dragon, standing, roaring, breathing its flames, taking to the sky and roaming about. He looked around himself, this looked familiar, even though he had never been here. He somehow knew the place's name: Vulcanis.

Amatin regained his senses on the floor. He was stricken by this. What had just happened? He struggled to remember the vision, to remember its purpose. All he remembered was one name, and that was Vulcanis. He had heard about the planet, and been aware of the shroud of mysteries surrounding it. Amatin shrugged, and dismissed his vision as the root of a future power that he would soon exploit. However, for now, he had to pay attention. For some reason, he was shaking. Rather violently, too.

Sensitized: -2 to actions when stressed. Lasts 5 turns.

Jaffar Cole-[4] Jaffar sat at his desk, continuing his onslaught.

"vive le resistance..."

By now, the French algorithm had finished looking up the logical fallacy. By now also, Jaffar had utilized the time he had to hook up a section of robotic skin to a par of electrodes and then to the computer, hoping that the pain receptors would still work. Grinning, he held a fork in his hand, ready to bring this computer to its knees... er... no.

>Hi there.
-Hello intruder. How may I help you?
>You can help me by letting me in.

Immediately, Jaffa thrusted the fork into the fake skin. A first, nothing happened. Jaffar knew the computer was attempting to ope with the pain. He twisted the fork inside the artificial flesh, exposing some of the wiring which functioned as nerve endings.

The firewall finally replied, with a completely different attitude this time.

-You cannot hurt me, for I am invincible.
>Not sure about that.
-You cannot harm me. You are a mortal. You are...

Hmm, it cut off right there. Jaffar expected this, tightening the vice grip he had brought over. Again, the computer responded.

-You... cannot... win...
>Oh yes I can.
-I... Error at 0x000000: Memory Shutdown

Success! Now, Jaffar switched to the airshatter window. He checked the "Firewall down?" button, and hit the virtual switch. The program began to bruteforce the ROM, until the correct password was finally identified: "SwordFish". Wow?

Jaffar smelled burnt flesh, he then realized, these firewalls utilized organic chips, made from artificially replicated animal brains. he wasn't sure if the firewall was completely destroyed though. Damaged, maybe, but he had heard of numerous firewalls operating even after a major system fry. Theyw ere the most durable part of the system, and many times outlasted the armor used to protect the computer in the first place, such as in this case. He booted up the CPU's ROM, typed "detach firewall 0x01" and pulled out the firewall chip.

"Not so invincible now, eh Frenchie?" murmured Jaffar as he slipped the firewall into a storage case and returned to work. He looked at the clock: 1145, almost graduation time.

EDIT: hacking skill gained!

Current Time: 1145

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intel Database (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:28:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »

Make sure no-one watching, then stack chairs until I can each the hammer, then grab it and put it away.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

Yes that is what he would do, it's not like you keep a bow stringed all the time anyway
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2011, 11:41:55 pm »

Wait for M to heal me then dodge roll my way to the ceremony. Or walk, whatever.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:37 pm »

I wish Milia luck with treating a punctured lung in 15 minutes then.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:42 am »

@DBZ: Did I gain any hacking skill from that, or was my torture-the-computer method considered cheating? lol

Jaffar started packing up his stuff-shouldn't be late to the party, right? In fact, he should find the others...

First half of actions: Jaffar looks for-and hopefully finds-his lungshot compadre. If he achieves this, the following occurs.

"What did you do to yourself now? Aw, man...let me whip something up."

Second half of Action: Jaffar uses his tools, oxygen tanks and a emergency gas mask bag to whip up a pressurized breathing apparatus, that can be applied to his lung with a hypodermic needle, and decompressed to refill his punctured lung-it's called a "needle chest decompression", and Jaffar only knows this because it saved his life once... A temporary fix, if it works, but better than dying.

((Three Kings was a great movie, this is totally going to work. Shut up!))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:54:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2011, 07:50:59 am »

@DBZ: Mad Scientist mode for the win! It's good to know that you share my vision of Aroth as nerds at heart. Roleplaying a communist brute with no interest in Science would restrict my choice of excuses for being knowledgeable.

@all: I can't help but notice that no one of those who saw Ivan had tried to organize the party's efforts in-character. Informing everyone via comm would be a good start.

Go to the bar and grab a drink to calm down the shakes. Then get to the ceremony.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2011, 09:13:41 am »

Heal Ivan, somehow. Could try to cut out the bullet or something crazy like that. Failing that...

Er, Kayle, would you please reverse life drain Ivan and no I do not take no as an answer and yes this is a remarkably sharp knife I am holding here and I have anatomic precision with it he'd be dead anyway if we did nothing.

If that fails gruesomely as well, hide the corpse and hope nobody notices. Disguise him as a mummy with copious amounts of bandaid or something.

Of course, if he survives, support him on his way to the ceremony. IF. I personally reckon that there will be blood splatterings.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:15:54 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »

@DBZ: Did I gain any hacking skill from that, or was my torture-the-computer method considered cheating? lol

Fixing that now :P

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:17 pm »

@DBZ: Mad Scientist mode for the win! It's good to know that you share my vision of Aroth as nerds at heart. Roleplaying a communist brute with no interest in Science would restrict my choice of excuses for being knowledgeable.

Totally agreed. I find Scandinavian naming, lore, ideas, and just the idea of a somewhat nordic-inspired (at least for a failure at history like me) faction/race extremely nice to have story-wise, but the fact that they're overplayed as brutes with no sense of manners puts me off. The Aroth lost its entire data banks to a virus so they had to put quite a bit of effort into rediscovering it all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2011, 05:34:48 pm »

I can't reverse life drain. Kayle dunno how. :P

Seeing that Milia had also come to take care of matters, Kayle shrugged and waited nearby to see if she would be needed, such as handing over surgical instruments and whatnot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »

Jaffar walked into the main hall. Oddly empty for this time of day...

Message from Jaffar to Kayle:
Hey, where is everyone? Is karaoke night still on? I wanna knock back some Hesperidin Slammers before the graduation.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

Kayle glanced towards the beeping forearm-mounted communicator on her left arm. A message from Jaffar? Huh. She flipped it open and tapped a few keys.

Message from Jaffar to Kayle:
Hey, where is everyone? Is karaoke night still on? I wanna knock back some Hesperidin Slammers before the graduation.

Message from Kayle to Jaffar:
I can't speak for the others, but I'm with Ivan, Milia, and Varran. Ivan's suffered gunshot wounds to the torso and has a punctured lung; Milia is operating. We have no details other than that Ivan somehow injured himself. We'll have him on his feet in time for graduation. If you want to / can help, we're at the shooting range.

She typed quickly on the holographic keypad emitted by the communicator. Frankly she wasn't overly worried about Ivan's wounds; Milia could probably keep him alive long enough for the academy doctor to get here and take over, and surely if he was employed here he would be competent enough and have sufficient equipment to handle it.

Varran and I already did a little karaoke but I wouldn't mind returning for it tonight. What's in a Hesperidin Slammer? I haven't had one yet. I tend to stick to straight bourbon but I might want to give it a try.

She sent the message and returned her attention to the matter at hand, although she kept an eye on her communicator in case Jaffar wrote back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 107