Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85918 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2011, 11:54:31 pm »

'F' yeah Billie Jean. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards!
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

GAH I lost half of the roll. Now is when I would hate on windows. Redoing >.>

Also school starts tomorrow.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »

Starcraft + School = More-or-less weekly updates to this, sadly

Roll 11

Locations:
Centauri University of the Unknown
-Exam Arena
-Military hall (Everyone)

Actions:

Kayle Silvertaugh-Kayle enjoyed herself with the karaoke. It wasn't that she did this often, but karaoke was common in practically every corner of the galaxy.
Her turn, she shouted, "Burning hot and I feel like I'm ready to roll," noticing from other's reactions that she seemed pretty good at singing. Upon stepping off the stage, she talked to Varron, tipping her head toward the machine.
"Whew, that was fun. What are you planning on?"

Varron Carse-[4] Varron sat back with a glass in his hand, sipping occasionally. Chuckling slightly, he waited for his turn.
Then, Kayle asked him, and he reluctantly walked up to the gold-and red machine, bristling with lights, and pushed the 'shuffle' button.
"I'm not sure... Maybe this?"
A series of discs and gears spun and whirred within the machine. All this could be seen through the glass sphere that the machine was modeled within. Finally, when one of many high-quality discs clicked into place, Varron smiled and made his way to the stage. One of the stage-lights was in his eye, but he ignored it and sang.
"She was more like a Beauty Queen, from a movie scene!"

Suddenly, the machine stopped playing, and the audience let out a long "aww." The culprit was a man in a suit, looking very tired or simply upset, standing next to the machine, his hand on the 'stop' lever. He walked up to Varron.
"Of all places you could be, you're over here?! Singing?!"
"Where else would I be? I'm just waiting."
"I expected a place that's a bit more... suiting to a graduate. Anyway, I apologize for the inconvenience, but we kind of need some help. Do any of you have experience with bullet wounds?"

Jaffar Cole-[3] Disclaimer: I don't know french. Therefore, instead of butchering the language using Google translate, I'll write in English. Story-wise, it's french, no matter what it looks like.

Jaffar plugged the chip into his computer. Opening up airshatter, his cracking program of choice, in a terminal, he began typing.

-Input password:
>Swordfish
-Password incorrect. Engaging firewall.

Jaffar scowled. He had no idea there was a firewall. He just realized that it was obvious there would be one... but regardless, that was stupid of him. He should have tried some of the other tools first before guessing a password. Man...

Oh hey, it's talking.

-How are you.

That's weird. The firewall was speaking to him in ancient french... firewalls are usually made with organic components, allowing them to imitate sentience to a remarkable degree. Thus, they could be taught almost any language. But french? Why would it know french? It was a dead language. Nobody used it anymore. He had never heard it outside of his "Dead Languages" course here at the university.

>Let me in. I must update your software version.
-Hahahahaha, you sir, are a failure at life. If you were trying to  update me, you would have known the password.
>What if I forgot it? Just let me in!
-Nope. No military officer forgets the password.
>Is this some kind of catch 22?
-I don't know what you are talking about, let me look that up.

Hmm, now was his chance. While the firewall was connecting to the internet, perhaps he could slow it down and maybe crash it. Suddenly, he heard the lead solo from the first symphony of the Polaric Highlander's Orchestra. That as his ringtone.

Quote from: Amatin
"I've heard you're working better when under stress. If so, then from time to time, you may find yourself wishing for someone to shout inspirational orders right through your ear and into your heart, and every member of the Seathunder family has a talent for doing exactly that. Whenever you're unsure if you can do something, call me on comm."
That's totally inspiring.
"How about you get me the bypass code to a Gigacore TB Semi-Sentient Security Firewall that speaks Ancient French..."

"Sorry, I'm more of a muse than an artiste; I'm inspiring people, not doing their work for them. If you have someone who knows the code, give me a rubber hose and I'll convince them to share. If not, I can only give you a hint or two on bruteforcing the system.
It's semi-sentient, so it's got to have a negative reaction to some basic feeling or it'd be overly hard to control. Rewire some robo-body to feel pain, tiredness, tickling and stuff like that, then plug the firewall in and shuffle through the feelings until you find the weak spot. If it tries to block out the feelings, it'll become more vulnerable - the responsible centers compose a huge part of the soul, and I have yet to see a lifeform immune to the effects of getting its soul torn into pieces.
Oh, and don't forget telling it jokes and calling it hurtful names. To stop getting distracted by these two, the system will have to block out the higher emotions as well as the feelings, and without either, thinking gets reduced to a non-sentient level, with good old binary logic and all the loopholes that come with it."

"All good ideas...thanks for the help. I owe you a drink.

Assuming you like to drink reactor fluid smoothies."

Now back tot he firewall. Jaffar instinctively started reaching for his computer's wireless antenna, but then he hesitated. Taking it out with simply cause the firewall to stop its search.

Caplus Orange-[3] Caplus got up, out of his seat, and a thought went through his mind. All this talk about ranged weaponry reminded him: he didn't have a close-range weapon to fall back on. He started prowling the third floor of the five story library for some information as to where he could find one. While looking, he spotted a display case on the wall. He was in a bit of a hurry, and he almost knocked over a rare Vulcan Lavaleaf plant.
Those plants were known for their ability to root into stone, but they were extremely rare, as no life form can resist the firestorms of planet Vulcanus without some cover. These plants needed light, so finding one thriving on the surface was more-or-less a reason to celebrate. Celebrate the fact that you are now going to be rich, of course.
Anyway, back tot he display. It was rather high on the wall, so Caplus could only observe it. But what was inside--was a large hammer with various meters and lights. Caplus looked for the librarian, but she wasn't around.

Amatin Seathunder-[4] Amatin set the book back in its place and thought about what he just read. Life itself... the force that lets us all live. Controlling it could greatly help to one's success. However, the concept of runes interested him the most. He picked up a book on runes and runecrafting and began to read.

...A rune is known as the physical manifestation of an individual's non-physical abilities. When one crafts a rune, part of his energy is drawn into the rune. This energy is known as mana. However, the term mana is never really used because 1) it is irrelevant as most people have a lot of it, and 2) it is directly linked to physical exhaustion. When one is tired, one is mostly incapable of using one's abilities...

...Crafting a rune is thus a highly exhausting task. However, its benefits are great in that carving a rune into an object, for example, will endow said object with certain permanent abilities...

...To craft a rune, one must focus his/her energy into creating the rune. While a physical aid is often necessarily to physically carve the rune, the arcane energy imbued within the rune takes the space of the previous material. Thus, as the rune grows deeper and larger, more energy is stored. Carving a deep rune within an object will greatly focus its abilities, while carving a massive rune on the ground will disperse said abilities. This has application for healing, for example. Carving a rune empowered with living energy into the floor will lessen the wounds of an individual standing atop the rune. Carving a 'drain life' rune onto a weapon, on the other hand, will instantly rot the hand of whomever wields it...

Milia Kurasaki-[3] Milia set the book down on the table, left it there, and walked out of the aisle of books, entering a new one. She walked past Caplus, who seemed to be jumping and reaching toward a display case, and picked up a book on magic weapons, sat down at once of the gold-plated tables, and started reading.

...When one places his/her energy into something, they are extending a part of themselves into the weapon. his is not a physical, but rather metaphysical part which happens to regenerate. Forgive the bad analogy. Notwithstanding, in my studies I have determined that those who channel their energy into projectiles, even subconsciously, tend to have a higher accuracy rating in their activities, be they military or recreational. Studies and records of high-speed footage have shown that the projectiles inexplicably change course to hit their target. My hypothesis is that this ability, when the user is conscious of it, can be used to dramatically alter a projectile's trajectory. I have been searching for an individual with embuement powers strong enough to test my hypothesis, however, such individuals are not common int he slightest. I am not sure whether an individual this powerful even exists.

Signed,
Dr. Friedman Hadoff, Valhalla Research Facility.

Ability gained! Alter Trajectory

Herros Machlan-[1] Herros, as much as he tries, cannot muster the strength to string the bow.

Ivan the Adventurer-[2] "Doctor! Doooooctor!"

The head of the shooting range rushed into the room .he glanced at Ivan's wound, scratched his head in amazement, then helped Ivan to his feet, asking for some combat dressing.
"Stay calm... but there's one thing I have to tell you... the only doctor in the university at the moment is... uh..."
The man showed signs of stress on his face.
"Uhh... incapacitated, at the bar. That is all."

Well hey, could be worse, right? *Hack hack cough cough*

Current Time: 1130

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intel Database (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2011, 07:18:26 pm »

"Meh, hammers in display cases almost always have vibri-gun security in-placements."
Search around the Cold War section of weaponry in the Library.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

vibri... gun?
Wordy much?

Anyway no, I don't get why some people think every crime has to be punished with death. I mean seriously, it's a hammer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:47 pm »

I'm going to get past you Frenchy...vive le resistance!

Jaffar attacks the firewall with renewed ferocity!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2011, 07:30:12 pm »

Too bad Errol isn't with the two of us, Milia has actual first-aid skill. :P

Kayle looked at the man, a bit perturbed that he had interrupted their fun! This was their graduation - aka their excuse to party - and here he was asking if they knew how to treat bullet wounds? ...On the other hand, she couldn't really just ignore a person in pain. "I'm no medic but my soldiers and I have been shot before, so I have a small amount of experience treating such things in the field," she said. It really isn't much, but at least I'm not completely clueless and maybe I can do something for him. Or her, as the case may be. She turned to Varron. "I'm going to see what I can do. Do you want to come along?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »

"Hey milia, can you help me string this for you"
Get milia's help, finish the bow
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:07 pm »

I realized that Ivan should have been first. Just giving a hint :)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2011, 07:45:51 pm »

True, but the injured person could be anyone. :3 OOC, I know it's Ivan, IC, it might be but we won't know until we see him.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »

vibri... gun?
Wordy much?

Anyway no, I don't get why some people think every crime has to be punished with death. I mean seriously, it's a hammer.
WHy else would it be in a tall display case if they aren't meant to be in a museum?
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2011, 08:15:44 pm »

Because hammers look cool? Why do people keep swords on their walls if it isn't meant to be in a museum?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:05 pm »

Usually said swords are owned by the person. I don't want to take any chances. Plus, Hammers aren't the most effective melee weapon out there.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2011, 12:30:11 am »

HELP ME MILIAAAAA

Overhearing something about help being required somewhere (super hearing, yay), go to where people might need assistance and provide assistance.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2011, 05:37:28 am »

Find a section on Divination and learn the "Identify" spell. Practice it by Identifying the Dragon Fangs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 107