Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85897 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:43 pm »

Explosives -> Only applies to physical explosives.
Does it apply for rockets? Is a Detonated object considered a physical explosive for the sake of damage reduction?

Dwarmin: it's an item's weight in kg.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:50:02 pm by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2011, 01:49:53 pm »

That number in brackets is the weight. That's why the lead brick weighs so much. You wouldn't expect lead to be durable, right? :P

And thanks, I'll fix that.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

Explosives -> Only applies to physical explosives.
Does it apply for rockets? Is a Detonated object considered a physical explosive for the sake of damage reduction?

Dwarmin: it's an item's weight in kg.

It does apply to rockets. As for detonate, I'm not sure. Would you prefer that Detonate gets a bonus as well?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2011, 04:11:50 pm »

Would you prefer that Detonate gets a bonus as well?
Yes for damage reduction, no for +1.
I'm sure that some experience with blowing stuff up would have an effect on the way my character's making explosions happen, and thus damage reduction should apply to every explosion engineered by Amatin himself. However, spell success is probably more dependent on mental finesse rather than actual expertise with explosives, so I'm against the +1 bonus.

While we're on the subject, what does the "Special Weapon Use" skill govern? Cutting-edge prototypes? Handmade weaponry? Objects with unintended lethal potential? Uncommon applications of common weaponry?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

It generally affects prototypes or non-conventional weaponry, such as Caplus' Gauss Rifle. Things like lightning cannons, radiation guns, and anything else that would be considered unconventional, are all affected. It will also affect a category of weapons in the future that I can't reveal right now for plot reasons.

"Misc Object User" affects items with unintended lethal potential.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Space Wizards!
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »

Roll 5

Locations:
Centauri University of the unknown
-Exam Room (Everyone)

Actions:

Kayle Silvertaugh-"Hey, make sure nothing shoots me in the ass, Kayle. I'm going to hotwire that rocket launcher so we can use it," shouted Jaffar.
Kayle responded with an enthusiastic "Right!" and kept her rifle pointed toward the west edge of the arena. Luckily, the others had the situation under control.
Jaffar Cole-[1+1]Jaffar casually ran up to the rocket launcher. At first glance, the launcher had an ordinary trigger, so he wouldn't need to hot-wire it or anything.
Upon hefting it to his shoulder, however, Jaffar realized that the weapon was still hot after being grazed with a plasma bolt. While his rig could easily handle the weapon, it warned him that it was still red hot on a conveniently located wrist-mounted heat gauge. After removing the rocket from the tube, Jaffar attempted to pull the trigger, but it didn't give.
"It's melted... maybe I could replace the receiver with one from the rifles?"

Despite the setback, Jaffar slung the launcher and picked up the five rockets that the robot had been carrying.
Caplus Orange-[7+2 vs 8] Caplus made his way northward, noticing Amatin in a brawl with an android. With a smile on his face, Caplus, drew his weapon and sniped both of the robots' legs in order to give Amatin an advantage.
Ivan the Adventurer-[1] Ivan, scrambling for cover, is quickly stepped upon by the frightened android.
Herros Machlan-[7 vs 8] Continuing to hold the trigger, Herros walked towards the panicking android to the north and suddenly stopped firing. He grabbed the android by the neck, raised it into the air, and released a surge of energy into it. However, the robot didn't seem to notice, and promptly wrestled itself out of Herros' hand, following up with a quick jab towards Herros, which was quickly dodged.
Milia Kurasaki-[5] (OOC: Heh, that fact that you're a novice just saved Ivan's life, since you don't get bonuses as a novice. :P Also, level up!)
Moved to pity from seeing Ivan fall onto the spikes, Milia rushed over to Ivan and took out her bandages. After treatment, Ivan was left with two completely wrapped-up arms, unable to use them. Better than dying.
Amatin Seathunder-[2] HmH predicts the robot's next move, and blocks it, only to be overwhelmed by the robot's immense strength. Suddenly, the robot's legs explode in a shower of fake blood, giving Amatin just enough of a chance to draw his rocket launcher and stick the barrel up tot he robot's chin.
"Say, goodnight!"

[6] Amatin once again attempts to detonate the robot's head, and this time, it works spectacularly.
Varron Carse-Varron used his abilities to louge, upside down, in the air, at the edge of the arena.

Spoiler: Ze Map (click to show/hide)

GAME EVENT:

The screen updates.

Round Two: Multiple Threats, Over. Score: 9/10

Suddenly, the edges of the arena begin to light up. The faint silhouettes of four legged creatures are visible, suggesting that portals are forming. The arena begins to change shape, with the edges suddenly becoming much lower in altitude, creating an upward slope towards the center. The muffled rumbling of feet can be heard as the creatures are about to appear.

Round Three: Many Threats, Begins.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2011, 10:29:25 pm »

Grab the ballistic rifle and nearby ammo.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

"Oh, hell. Do whatever you gotta do to get that launcher working, I'll protect you," Kayle said to Jaffar as she turned her attention towards the closer edges. "Just work fast, that computer said 'many' so this ain't going to be easy."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »

"All I need is one part..."

Action: Jaffar slides over to the left, and brings out one of his oxygen tanks-he knows an old Junkers trick is to use the Cryogenic tank to cool off an overheating device-he does that now, hopefully bringing the temperature down.

Then, picking one of the fallen Androids rifles, he begins swapping out the melted part for the one he needed. Walah?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2011, 12:45:15 am »

Take the android's rifle and ammunition.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2011, 03:22:04 am »

Create a wall of false gravity near the edges of the arena, near me, directed upwards. Keep an eye out incase any allies wander into the field. After that, if I can, erect an anti-gravity sphere around me, and float around with PPC at the ready.

By anti-gravity sphere I mean a field of negative gravity around me: Aka a pushing field rather than a pulling field. Or merely a ring of false gravity around me, pulling things near me away from me.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2011, 08:46:58 am »

Herros Changes the Rifle back to it's standard setting and runs to the centre of the room readying to fire on the first threat that enters the field of fire
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2011, 12:34:44 pm »

Move to the center of the group. Prepare for a massed attack of horde-type enemies... ready multiple arrows. Perhaps even a trick shot.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards!
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »

Roll 6

Locations:
Centauri University of the unknown
-Exam Room (Everyone)

Actions:

Kayle Silvertaugh-Kayle stepped back and shouted, "Jaffar, whatever you're doing, do it quick. The computer said 'many' and I don't think you'd want to be out there when it starts." Kayle concentrated on the green portals at the edges in order to better protect Jaffar while he looked for parts.
Jaffar Cole-Jaffar picked out an oxygen tank from his belt, and used it to cool the weapon down. It was an old trick he learned as a Junker. Afterwards, he muttered, "I only need one part..."
[2+1] Taking a rifle from the ground, Jaffar carefully tears the receiver from the rifle and removes the parts, sits down, and [5+2] almost casually replaces the melted parts on the launcher with the scavenged ones. Good as new!
Caplus Orange-Caplus thought he needed a better mid-range weapon, seeing that his entire arsenal of two weapons was only suited well for distanced encounters. To remedy this, he picked up a fallen HKM-40 Ballistic Rifle from the ground. Test-firing it a bit, he feels the immense recoil of the gun slamming into his shoulder for every shot. The side of the gun reads: Ultrasonic Projectile Prototype: UPP.
Ivan the Adventurer-[3] Ivan, unable to actually do anything, sat down and contemplated. Doing this, he deepened his understanding of his abilities, and gained a new one: Random Element Ball!
Herros Machlan-[9+1 vs 5] Herros returned to the center with his rifle set to the standard firing mode, after finishing off the android with a head-shot.
Milia Kurasaki-Milia rushed to the center and readied multiple arrows for a massed horde of enemies. She pre-imbued about four arrows for use.
Amatin Seathunder-Amatin grabbed the rifle and its ammunition, and found the same type of gun as Caplus did, albeit this one has more blood on it.
Varron Carse-[2+1] Varron used all of his power to try and erect a wall of gravity to help divert the invaders, and somewhat succeeded. Any creature stepping through will get launched into the air, not high enough to kill them, but enough to stun.

GAME EVENT:

And with that, the first wave hits. Several lion-sized reptiles with crests and barbed limbs emerge from the edges of the arena. For now, more are on the way.
One of the creatures is flung by Varron's gravity wall!

Spoiler: Ze Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2011, 02:48:51 pm »

Kayle sighted along her rifle, going to a knee for added stability, and fired at the lizard furthest southwest (closest to Jaffar).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107