Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86025 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #990 on: February 15, 2012, 01:26:16 am »

Roll 52

Note: How would people feel if I were to rename the weapon's inventory text to generic names like "assault rifle" or "medium pulse laser" (laser rifle technically doesn't make any sense at all, a rifle needs to have a rifled barrel. Why would you rifle a laser...) and instead move the weapon's brand to the description? It would certainly make it slightly more apparent what a weapon is, and weapon names usually aren't even that interesting.
Exceptions could be made for stuff like the smartcannon, etc, since it's a unique weapon.

Spoiler: City Map (56k beware) (click to show/hide)

POI's:
You can make up POI's. In fact, please do. That would take some work off me. :)
This list is unfinished.

Spoiler: The Bulwark (click to show/hide)
----Gear District----
Spoiler: Empire Launch Station (click to show/hide)
----Steam District----
Spoiler: Lava Pit (click to show/hide)
----Spark District----
Spoiler: Alpha Drop Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Slums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reactor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (adwarf) (click to show/hide)

Events:

Varron relaxed his arms, letting them swing back down in accordance with the Earth-like Centauri Prime gravity well. He, instead, shouting "Well then. Let's do this!", unsheathed his sword and pointed it, tip aimed at the feral gorv. He sprinted toward it as it also floated toward him. In the ensuing clash, Varron [5] jammed the sword straight into the gorv's head! [5] the gorv, also, stabbed him, however, with one of its pincers... right in the chest.
"Aiieeee..."

(Varron took [6] 56 damage. Medium-Sized Feral Gorv took 36 damage)

Kayle nodded and drew her own as well, but first holding it close to her eyes, observing the blackened portion that was heated by that blade Olimer had... was this effect permanent? Perhaps there was something wrong with the steel. Well, the only way she could find out now, was to try and fight with it!

But ouch! Varron got hit! She jumped over him, [4] once again stabbing the gorv mid-airtime, dragging it down with her for 20 bonus damage, for 74 damage total. The gorv let out a twisted, stuttering cry, [6] and responded with full force, coming to bear with both arms and pinning Kayle down. As she hit the ground, the claws dug into her steel plates for [3] 37 damage.

Caplus, flying through the air, [1] fired a few rounds haphazardly into the sky. His gauss rifle now empty, Caplus attempted to manipulate his gorves into attacking the large one. [4] They reluctantly did so, dealing 20, 30, and 22 damage, respectively.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

[4] Milia, now aware of the situation at hand, set the laptop down on the floor, conveniently propped up on its side, partially unfolded. She then watched the approaching men... carefully. As soon as she saw them enter the office she had previously entered, Milia darted toward the eastern corner of the room, then hiding behind the  door, hoping to not be seen. She flung her red cloak over herself, in order to make at least a subtle attempt at playing the innocent hobo.

The man that Milia assumed was an employee here, spoke next, questioning his own memory:
"Hmm, I really think I left the laptop in here."
The other Centauri, possibly a attorney, responded. "Perhaps your memory serves you incorrectly? There is one more room ahead. Check that one too?"
"Alright."

The two Centauri entered the control room, unaware of Milia's presence. She heard the employee breathing a sigh of relief as he picked up his laptop and opened it fully, tapping the capacitative letters to wake the laptop.

"Well then, look what we have here!"
"Right. Should I leave it here or should we take it with us?"
[3] "How about... I shall call one of my coworkers to bring in a witness droid."
"Witness what?"
"Indeed."

--------

Zakroff [4] kicked the droid's reactor once more. The influx of kinetic energy jump-started the igniter and began the fusion reaction. Squealing like a dying animal, the autocannon drone hefted itself upon its four legs. It immediately began to walk forward as its control panel on the back dictated. Climbing over the pile, it began to aim and was about to fire before Zakroff jumped upon its back and disabled the fire setting.

Zakroff then proceeded to give a quick warning to his opponents:
"Do yourselves a favor, and leave now. Take a message to your Leaders, the Merchant of death is coming for them, and no matter what rock they try to hide under I will find them, and kill them. Those of you wise enough to take the message I'll pay 250 credits, those not .. die."

[2]

"We're not interested," said the boss, who happened to be glancing at the droid, comically smiling.
"Boys, go for that walker. We'll take the guy afterward."

"Yes... uh... sir!", said the Peace Mongers in disunison, struggling to get up under the weight of their thickened S'Silk body armor.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Amatin put together a quick spell based on his detonation ability:
Spoiler: Electron Detonation (click to show/hide)

Jaffar felt his tablet compartment on his arm begin to vibrate. Curious, he took the tablet out and unlocked the screen.

Amelia began to speak, or should I say, enunciate loudly: "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHY--HOW! WHAT ON BLAHRGH!"
She was causing the tablet to vibrate... not only from the motor inside but also because she had routed enough power to the speakers as to create significant stress within the aluminium casing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:00:24 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:23 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:00:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:23 am »

After landing, Pull out my Laser Pistol and fire at the large Feral gorve.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 15, 2012, 01:41:41 am »

(You should add a hp bar somewhere. For me.)

Back out of melee range, try to patch myself up some. Try to use my abilities to help keep Kayle safe... Pulling her out of attacks before they hit her etc.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 15, 2012, 01:42:44 am »

Character sheets.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 15, 2012, 01:44:24 am »

Oh. There is is. I didn't see it. >.>
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:12 am »

(Two quick questions for Zero: Was the gorv's retaliation on Kayle accidentally cut out? It says it attacked full force and then... nothing. Did my armor absorb the blow? :D Also, how many 5s do we need to level something up? Just curious because Tal rolled one just now.

One quick question for Tal: Want me to try Life Siphon to heal you?)

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 15, 2012, 03:10:39 am »

If you think you won't need to on yourself, yes please. But otherwise, I'm content to sit back and help you with my magic.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:09 am »

(Well, it's more that if I roll a 6 there's a likelihood of seriously harming you as opposed to just spell failure, which is why I'm asking. ^^^; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 15, 2012, 04:37:47 am »

Jaffar quickly began entering commands..

"Amelia! You survived!

That's great! Also, uh, not so loud-you're going to blow the speakers.

Let me give you the rundown, what you haven't guessed yet.

That ship you were on was infected with an insane French A.I.

I saved you from being deleted...or worse. It's likely he would have grabbed your backup data from the servers and...well, shudder the thought.

I brought you and installed you into my tablet. Cause, you're pretty cool for an A.I. I didn't think it was right to leave in the Dire Rows with no power to your engines, to coin a Polaric term.

Are you feeling alright now?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 15, 2012, 05:17:31 am »

Amatin sighed. His talent for overpowering his spells was so irritating at times. It killed Ivan, it ruined most of his attempts at nonlethal necromancy, it prevented him from removing the fungus nice and clean...
What did Caplus think, keeping the spores secret like that? Amatin knew leaving that moron alive was a mistake... but he had to clear his head before he actually killed his teammate. And what better way to do so than to go treasure-hunting? He waved to Jaffar.
"I'm going to the Snake Pit, gotta vent my rage before Caplus returns. You with me?"

Head to the Snake Pit. Once I arrive, try out Electron Detonation on one of the snakes, see what's the mass limit for it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:19:35 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:38 am »

Jaffar nodded absently, not looking up, absorbed in his tablet.

"Snakes, yeah...go pits..."

Action: Follow along with Amatin!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:04 am »

Stay still and put together a believable story in case I get caught. (Also, act like having dozed off, waking up when they come close.) The lawyer will probably want a witness statement, so stay as close to the truth as I can afford to, and then, try to leave on grounds of this no longer being a suitable place to sleep.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 15, 2012, 05:26:52 pm »

Reactivate the Drone's Firing, and begin shooting at the Peace mongers as well. Kill all of them if need be, but if one turns, and runs let them escape.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 15, 2012, 06:01:03 pm »

@SC, I fixed the line. My apologies for that!
@Amatin :D
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107