Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86028 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #975 on: February 12, 2012, 01:16:03 am »

"Wait, you want them immobilised? Aren't they hostile? Why not just... Well..." Varron paused, lifting his hand slightly and clenched his fist, slowly, meaningfully. "I can just... well, do that... to them, y'know." He paused, glancing at the trail on the ground, then back to the Gorves. Shrugging slightly, he held his hands out towards the Gorves, one for each Gorv, hand open.. Before he clenched his fists, focussing his powers to create a field of gravitic-based crushing, centralised inside each Gorv. Of course making sure to keep the field small, so as to not pull in Caplus aswell... That would be bad if that happened.'

Crush those Gorves like tin cans. Unless anyone objects, in that case, just hold them still.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 12, 2012, 01:22:30 am »

Text message from Caplus Orange to Amatin Seathunder:
"Negative. One, you might spread it yourself, as you don't really have a way to contain it. On the other hand, I have a shield. Two, I was recently drenched in coolant. The spores are probably frozen if not dead. And three, I'm not going to let you use this as a reason to continue war against the Ross."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:14 am »

"Oh. You can do that?" Kayle blinked. "Then by all means..." she said, making a sort of 'go ahead' gesture with her arm.

Allow Varron to do so. If his spell fails to finish them, shoot the gorves with the GC III.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 12, 2012, 02:02:17 am »

Text message from Amatin Seathunder to Caplus Orange:
"Actually, I wanted to clean the club with necromancy before you bring new spores onto the Griffin. I'm purging the ship already, and I don't want to do it twice."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02:07 am »

Activate both the Drone, and my turret. Then snatch up something, and turn it into a flashbang to use on the first guy over the mound.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 12, 2012, 04:25:22 am »

Alright, chances are this scrapyard has a Gorves infestation somewhere, and more importantly, right now. There goes any hope of getting this over with peacefully. If there has been a steel delivery... they'll be occupied for a while. If I'm cautious, I can definitely sense them before they sense me, so yes... that might work. Time to find out what has happened here, and what still is up for taking.

Go deeper into the station, prioritizing caution and stealth. Upon encountering a room, search it and take anything potentially interesting for investigation at a later time... wouldn't want to be stuck searching a laptop and notice the only exit being blocked off. So, get back onto the corridor after taking interesting things, rinse and repeat.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 12, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »

Varron stretched out both hands, one for each gorv, and began to squeeze. With his powers, of course. However, something was off--the gorves were completely unaffected! Perhaps that bit of information he learned about the laws of physics being violated by magic had more to it than he though... He then noticed their glowing flight organs and felt the reason that his powers had no effect.

"My powers don't work on them! They're gravity type!"

Kayle nodded, and drew out her GC III, [5+1] firing a number of bursts at one of them--the smaller one, specifically, since it would go down more quickly. The weapon warmed in her hands as the turbines screeched, forcing warm air out of the weapon's aperture.

On the Gorv, a number of red flares appeared as the weapon's invisible beam refracted from the creature's special carapace--designed to shield the gorv from stellar radiation. Nevertheless, two large black marks appeared where the volume of like was great enough to deal (28) and (18) damage, respectively.

Caplus took out his still-loaded gauss rifle, and [2] fired one shot, missing horribly and narrowly avoiding hitting one of his gorves.

The three tame gorves, [2] not yet accustomed to their new master, floated idly while the two ferals began to approach Caplus.
One of the ferals made an attempt to attack, [6] but Caplus swiftly dodged into the other's attack. His shield activated, repelling the full force of the blow, losing [2] SP, and sending Caplus flying!

Suddenly, Caplus received a text message from Amatin.

The other feral headed toward Kayle and Varron.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Milia headed further down the singular hallway. She came up to a single door at the end of a hallway, which opened into a moderately-sized "L" shaped room, which embraced the hallway from one side... apparently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Milia saw monitors along a U-shaped desk upon turning left. At the north wall of the room, there was a set of breakers, which controlled the power to... apparently every system in the quaint station.

Looking at the monitors, Milia noticed that there were hidden cameras scattered around the premises. Going through security footage on the console, she deleted the clips depicting her. She then noticed that a group of people were entering the hallway. The cameras had no microphones, [4+1] but she could faintly hear through the door, in fact:
"So you're saying a gorv came by and attacked the crane?"
"Uh huh."
"And your boss and coworkers evacuated the station?"
"Uh huh."
"Alright. I suppose you could make a case in the occasion that those Clanners sue your business for being late. But, do you have any evidence from here?"
"I remember typing something like 'GORV IS BACK' on my laptop when the gorv came a second time, which is when we left. Our boss installed a keylogger on it just in case any thing happens, so I think we'll be able to verify it."
"Alright, that should prepare us. Now about the property damages. How much has the recent gorv infestation cost you since the upgrade to The Reactor was made? We can file a suit against the state for not providing sufficient protection to the scrapping industry despite the changes."
"Uh, around 4$ million cred's worth."
"That's a lot."
"Indeed."
"But," the speaker paused.
"I don't think the state cares. You know they don't ever enforce anything in this district. There's so much crime here it would practically bankrupt the city council if they even tried."

--------

Zakroff [1] kicked his drone, failing to start it up. Next, he [4] put together a flashbang, only without the flashing aspect. While his powers couldn't yet fabricate the chemicals needed yet, they were totally capable of making something that looked like a flashbang. He tossed it over the mound and heard his five assailants duck for cover.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Amatin [3] Made an effort to clear the ship out with his powers. But alas, his soul-manipulation powers only seemed to work on life with... souls. Fungus does not have a soul.
Despite the setback, Amatin conjectured that Kayle could perhaps get rid of the fungus.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 12, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 12, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »

"Well then. Let's do this!" Varron grinned slightly, drawing his blade and jumping at the Gorv coming towards him and Kayle, blade ready to strike, aiming at the squishiest part of the Gorv.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:09 am »

Spellcrafting: Ion Scrambler(Ionizes target matter directly, without heating or subjecting it to radiation. Has devastating effect on organic matter. Causes random alterations in inorganic matter).

Use Ion Scrambler on the fungus.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:27:41 am by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 13, 2012, 12:52:19 am »

Kayle nodded and followed suit, exchanging her gun for her own melee weapon and moving o come at the weakened gorve with a slash.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 13, 2012, 03:00:29 am »

Action: Jaffar tries to freeze some of the fungus with his cold oxygen canisters, just to see if if has any effect.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 13, 2012, 11:35:27 am »

Aw man, unmanned, right? Real smart, Milia. Now you're where you really are NOT supposed to be, with a stolen laptop that might even have some tracking thingys installed so it's just a real bunch of trouble and someone is going to miss this. Hiding in this room, which probably is the surveillance room, is no good idea either, it's probably supposed to be manned at all times so no sneaking out for you. The reception is not going to be warm either around here, and someone definitely is going to notice the tape irregularities (while actual video tape had been long extinct, some figures of speech just don't die out). One of the tech wizs would know how to work around that... yeah, fat chance.

So, what's left? Diplomacy is worth a shot. Stealth, too, I guess. Just have to do it right... in case of failure, I should be able to handle this.

Get rid of the laptop and other incriminating evidence, place it someplace you could conceivably lose a laptop at. Hide in the room as well, ideally at a place that one could leave with great velocity. When discovered, play the frightened hobo who just wanted to get someplace warm. Take great care to conceal weaponry, probably huddle wrapped in the cloak. Wait.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 13, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »

Try to activate the Drone one more time, if that fails/works make sure my mask is still on, and walk to the top of the mound.

As Zakroff reached the top of the mound he hefted his two pistols, and pointed at the four below him as he said "Do yourselves a favor, and leave now. Take a message to your Leaders, the Merchant of death is coming for them, and no matter what rock they try to hide under I will find them, and kill them. Those of you wise enough to take the message I'll pay 250 credits, those not .. die."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:17 pm »

While in the air, Pull back the Gauss Rifle's bolt and fire once I hit the ground.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107