Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86032 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #960 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:25 pm »

Kayle nodded and put her helmet on. "You take care of yourself too, Jaffar. I'll see you when we're finished with this." She smiled; although it was hidden by her helmet, it was evident in her voice. "Or perhaps sooner if Varron and I need to call the pair of you in. You be careful too, Amatin." She nodded to him, then got Varron's attention and led the way.

Take Varron and head off toward the Spark Area.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:46 pm »

Jaffar removed his hand and watched her go. It wasn't a bad sight. Maybe she knew he was watching, because...

Was she..? For him? He couldn't say.

He grinned, stretching his fingers a bit. They still felt prickly. He held up his hand and was slightly worried to see it seemed a bit pale-paler than usual anyway, and weaker. Very odd. He had never really asked Kayle about the specifics of her... abilities. He doubted her powers could have affected him if she didn't will them to, anyway.

Jaffar didn't think anything more of it, reengaging his armor and heading off with Amatin.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

Begin adding the batteries to the Drone, and begin creating a back-up reactor for it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 11, 2012, 09:38:04 pm »

Folding his computer shut, the Centauri Official said "See you later," himself taking a closer look at the fungus out of sheer curiosity as the others left.

--------

[3] Zakroff incorporated the nonfunctional batteries into the drone's base. He [3] managed to attach an additional fusion reactor.
"Man, it's hardto believe people just through this stuff away..."
[6] He attached a set of hydraulic legs he also found to the drone's computer system. The entire thing was... in fact, almost finished!

That was when he heard a voice in the distance.
"Hey, why didn't you stop him if he was rummaging around in our pile?"
"He had this giant turret thing..."
"Well, if all four of us can come in at the same time, I think we can take him out."
"Right boss. Let's get him!"

--------

The now-congealing Caplus Orange, thinking unconventionally, planned to attempt communication with the gorves in their native tongues, using his AI to look up the words.
The Willem AI responded to his plan, speaking in a rather astounded tone, "What a plan! Do you really think that will work? of course not!"
The AI paused for about eight seconds.
"Wait, I have a plan! You can try the 'carrot on a stick' thing with them, but using electricity! Gorves have a sense for electricity... they sense lightning that occurs near ferrous asteroids in the Rigest Iron Asteroid Field from where they are naturally found..."
"Good idea!" responded Caplus, carrying out Willem's plan with precision. He created three electricballs, positioning each one in front of a gorv.
[5] Somehow, defying any and all logic, Caplus managed to tame three gorves in an instant, using magic. Maybe magic really does mess with the laws of physics.

Caplus persuaded the gorves to lift him away from the coolant spill and set him down on solid ground.

Suddenly, two new gorves appeared. They began to circle around each other.
"Those look feral. Some gorves are like that, they get induced into a trance-like state whenever they see a big enoguh energy signature. You won't be able to tame those... I think."

But luckily, Caplus spotted Kayle and Varron in the distance, both of them closely observing... the ground? They were coming toward the reactor. The two fellow wizards came to his aid upon sight of him. At this point Caplus warned them, shouting, "Don't shoot the gorves... er... the ones that I control...? No, don't shoot... ugh! Don't shoot the ones with lighting around them!"
Caplus subconsciously created electricballs to surround his gorves in a highly visible aura to which gorves are largely immune to, in order to keep his friends from shooting them.
However, he realized that while doing this, he couldn't seem to use his magic.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Jaffar and Amatin made their way to the station, following the trail of tiny dots, up the launch loop, and, still noticing the trail--although each dot was now below a millimeter in diameter--followed it to... the Griffin?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 11, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 11, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

"Now that that's taken care of..."
Pull out my Gauss Rifle and shoot the large gorve.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »

"Hmm. Jaffar, do you remember Caplus saying something about a fungal outbreak? Maybe he got some spores on his suit, and the sterilization didn't work because the fungus is heat-resistant. Let's take a look inside."
Enter and examine the Griffin.

Text message from Amatin Seathunder to Caplus Orange:
"Hey, what did that fungus look like, back on Aurora? Was it blue, perhaps? With gills?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 11, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »

Text message from Caplus Orange to Amatin Seathunder:
"Um yeah, I remember that. Why do you ask?"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:40:41 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 11, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »

Kayle nudged Varron with an elbow. "Can you lift those two gorves in the air?" she asked, indicating the ones Caplus was firing at.

If he succeeds, open fire on them with the Plasma Bolter. If he fails, shoot at them with the GC III since the laser sight will help ensure Kayle doesn't hit Caplus.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »

"Because that same fungus is spreading in the city and we backtracked it to Griffin. Kayle and Varron are tracking the trail of that stuff in the other direction - to you. Warn them when you see them."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 11, 2012, 11:25:26 pm »

Kayle nudged Varron with an elbow. "Can you lift those two gorves in the air?" she asked, indicating the ones Caplus was firing at.

They are flying creatures. They are normally found in space.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »

Aren't they on the ground, circling Caplus? If not, Varron could use gravity to immobilize them, hopefully. I'm assuming whatever he uses his powers on is generally helpless, much like the Lift power in Mass Effect.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:55 pm »

We'll see.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:01 pm »

Text message from Caplus Orange to Amatin Seathunder:
"Strange, my shield blocks.....oh wait. That golf club was in the spores. Oops."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 12, 2012, 12:52:20 am »

"Good job making a Ross saboteur out of yourself. You'd better give that golf club to me before you bring it back on the ship."

Purge all fungal colonies in the ship with Life Blast. When I'm done, go outside and clean up the blue-dot trace so there will be nothing leading to the Griffin.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107