Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86042 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #945 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:08 am »

Amatin congratulated Kayle. His eyes, keen as they were, followed Varron's sword as Kayle tossed it back to its owner.They then subconsciously tracked Varron as he moved out of Amatin's field of view. Amatin noticed this, but first finished talking to Kayle and Olimer. Afterward, he turned to see Varron crouching over a series of unidentifiable blue globs.

Amatin crouched beside him and asked, "What are those, Varron?"
"Yes," Amatin heard, coming from behind. He looked back to see a Centauri Public Inspector, dressed in typical orange-gold uniform, walking towards the site.
"I'd love to know too. My paycheck depends on it."

Varron moved his head back, as if puzzled. He replied to both men: "I think... I think it's a fungus. The gills, the fact that it's not rooted or anything--"
Amatin interrupted: "How do you know it's not rooted?"
"I'll explain later..."
"I want to know now, why you think it's a fungus, so we can convince the city officials to come here and take care of it before it spreads. It's obviously thriving too well here to be a native species, it's going to cause some damage if it gets out into the environment."

(Can you RP, Talarion/Do you want to? If not, I'll auto in some dialogue.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:11 am »

(I can and will.)

Moving his head from side to side slightly, he let his eyes unfocus, before he spun his gaze to Amatin, the swaying, staring eyes making him seem... well, odd, obviously.

"Because, my friend... I am... clairvoyant!" He chanted, pausing for effect, in a weird (what he thought was mystic) tone. He flashed a smile and re-focused his eyes, his head stopping in mid-sway. "I'm dead serious about that by the way, I'm clairvoyant. Maybe I'll teach you one day. Or maybe you'll just pick it up. Who knows?" He moved his head closer, squinting at the fungus with his actual eyes... before he focused his mind, remembering that one time he saw
Boletus Volucris under a microscope, a curious mixture of fungi and bug. With this in mind, he tried to gather fine details of the blue fungus in his mind, much like a biologist would study a sample underneath a microscope.

Spoiler: Boletus Volucris (click to show/hide)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:49 am »

Kayle took her helmet off for the sole purpose of letting Varron see her eyebrow being raised in confusion. "Did you take a blow to the head when we parted, Varron?" she asked, watching him stare at the fungus, then looked at Amatin and shrugged. "He mentioned something about clairvoyance and powers bleeding into each other to me earlier through the messages. That's why I was going to meet up with him. My ability to sense lifeforms around me without being able to see them is similar enough that I thought my presence might help. I'm not sure how, though."

She turned back to Varron. "Are you sure you should be that close to it? What if it releases spores and you breath them in? For Cyrus's sake, Varron, put on a gas mask or something before you put your face right up to it," she sighed, running her free hand through her hair.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 10, 2012, 06:12:13 am »

"Whether that's a fungus or not, we should report it before it spreads. Inspector! I have a question for you!"
Amatin waited until the Public Inspector approached them, then pointed at the goo-balls:
"Are these things supposed to be here, sir? They don't look like a native lifeform."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 10, 2012, 06:57:28 am »

Jaffar had watched the match with some trepidation. He has resisted the urge to interrupt the duel by opening fire on the merc, but only just. He reminded himself that Kayle could take care of herself-Dire Rows, she was better at this than he was, in any case. He had mentioned to her when she walked back over to the fountain.

"Nice moves, Kayle. That chump didn't stand a chance..."

Now, he was looking down at the fungus ball...whatever. While he knew everything about machines and a strip of biology, things like this were completely a mystery to him. Then again...maybe his cloak would help. It supposedly shared knowledge, he recalled.

"Let me try something..."

Action: Don my cloak and see if I get any knowledge about the fungus.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 10, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »

Roll 50?

Varron looked at Amatin.
"Because, my friend... I am... clairvoyant!" he chanted, pausing for an intended mystical effect, but in actuality it sounded very awkward and wierd.

He flashed a smile and re-focused his eyes. "I'm dead serious about that by the way, I'm clairvoyant. Maybe I'll teach you one day. Or maybe you'll just pick it up. Who knows?"
He squinted for a moment, trying to adjust his vision, before simply moving his head closer, his eyes yet failing him.
He slammed his eyes shut and let his new sense take over, and he was pleased to receive a crisp mental reconstruction of the area around him. In his head, he literally twirled around the fungus, getting a closer look. Nothing he currently knew matched up with his prior knowledge, although it reminded him of Volucris Boletus. Also, unbeknowest to him, he had subconsciously leaned over the fugus, now brooding an inch above the central stalk of the glob he was observing.

(I did some revising on the thing, sorry! But I liked the idea.)

Spoiler: Boletus Volucris (click to show/hide)

Kayle took her helmet off, if only to reveal her raised brows. In a relatively polite tone, she asked, "Did you take a blow to the head when we parted, Varron?"
Varron continued staring, and Kayle even noticed a single bead of saliva hung by surface tension from Varron's petrified lip.
Kayle turned to Amatin: "He mentioned something about clairvoyance and powers bleeding into each other to me earlier through the messages. That's why I was going to meet up with him. My ability to sense lifeforms around me without being able to see them is similar enough that I thought my presence might help. I'm not sure how, though."

And then she turned back to Varron and said: . "Are you sure you should be that close to it? What if it releases spores and you breath them in? For Cyrus's sake, Varron, put on a gas mask or something before you put your face right up to it," she then, paradoxically, started running her free hand through her hair.

Amatin responded to both of them, "Whether that's a fungus or not, we should report it before it spreads. Inspector! I have a question for you!"
The inspector's expression shifted from blank and mook-like to displaying an immediate interest.
As the inspector opened his mouth, Amatin continued: "Are these things supposed to be here, sir? They don't look like a native lifeform."
The inspector then actually spoke, responding with: "Not if I'm aware. There are only two types of fungaloids on this planet, and those are both aquatic forms. I think someone got it through customs screening, somehow. I'll call the department while you four converse."
He flicked his SilverTab open and placed it to his ear, muttering voice commands.

Jaffar, after a period of quietness and non-usefulness, suddenly sprung into a state of awareness. He realized that his cloak could in fact be useful here! He opened up his inventory, briskly removed the cloak, and draped it over his shoulders. Suddenly, his neck stiffened, and he raised his head vertical, as if he were a sapaos from the Singularity series by Richie Maddenheim (a famous Polarian science-fiction writer).

"Fungaloid. Originates from Madunai. It stores kinetic energy and releases spores. If you breath in too many or perhaps rub a wound against a chunk, you'll get infected with... with... something horrible. I'm having a hard time describing it.

Anyway, it starts off in this form, apparently, "

Well, there we have it. I'll call in the cleaners and get 'em to remove it. Anything I should know about disposal?"
"Uh, uh... hang on... ah, you can't burn it. Madunai orbits 0.23 astroms from a blue giant's surface. Very, very hot. In fact, the planet is slowly running into the star and will be absorbed within a decade, but stores of helium ice underground are causing a massive rush of air from the caves which is causing the fungus to thrive on the surface.

Oh, and the Ross recently tried to harvest he3 from the planet because of the ice thaw. Wait, helium three? I'm not familiar with fusion anymore, I've been working with quantum entanglement batteries and micro-singularity energy stores since I took the course on them three years ago."

-------------

EDIT: I'm gonna go ahead and not keep the others waiting. Treat this as a roll.

--------

"I don't take orders from anyone, so that is a no, and if you know whats best you'll not try to force me to join. I am a graduate of the Academy, and will align myself entirely with no nation, or group other than one I see fit, and yours is not it. Understood?"
[6] Zakroff, now almost angered, turned his back to the man, instead looking for a suitable power supply. He managed to locate a large set of quantum entanglement batteries, all apparently past the end of their registration periods.

Spoiler: Batteries (click to show/hide)

The Peace Monger walked away, muttering about something incoherent to Zakroff, through the thick accent, at least.

--------

Caplus decided he would train the gorves by electrocuting them. Surely, they would react with only the closest displays of affection after Caplus runs thousands of volts of current through them, yes?

[1] No. Both are now furious! Coolant is still pouring from the copper pipe! You are surrounded by freezing vapor! [1] Another gorv appears out of nowhere!

--------

Milia grabbed ahold of the radio, and proceeded to smash the radio against the wall, unrelenting. Surprised at the radio's resilience and its continuing contribution to the proliferation of terrible music, she took it outside and tossed it with the scrap lizards, to which the noisy radio proved a source of distress and thus gave the illusion of a threat. It was quickly devoured by a pair of meter-long lizards.

That settled, she returned to the laptop, noting Metconz Workstation's distinctive taskbar lining the bottom edge of the screen, and pocketed it for later. (Remind me to add it when I do a proper roll)
But she wasn't finished. Something had happened to this scrap station that made a guy type "GORV IS BACK" in sheer terror, even as they were getting hopelessly mauled. Actually, the room didn't contain blood. The desk itself happened to be filled with generic, ordinary objects, such as pens, paper, and so on. She found some printed receipts for an Aroth scrap hauling company. Apparently, there was a cargo ship to be docked at roughly 1300 CST today, the 1st of the solar year 3000. The scrap station was planning on selling a shipment of steel to the Caldr forges.

She looked at the clock... it was 1346...

(Objects Acquired: Metconz laptop, pens, paper, pencils, printed receipts)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:16:22 am by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 11, 2012, 02:17:06 am »

Alright, did a more complete pseudo roll.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 11, 2012, 02:18:29 am »

Create electricballs to lure the gorves.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 11, 2012, 04:23:17 am »

"So, it's entirely possible that the Ross could have smuggled it here as part of their mission. Who thinks we should follow this trail of fungus and see where it leads? Maybe we'll catch the bastards who did it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 11, 2012, 01:20:36 pm »

Kayle looked at Jaffar, then Varron. She didn't have anything on her agenda other then sticking to Varron for awhile, so if the two of them wanted to follow the trail, she would tag along. "I don't have a problem with that plan," she said, more or less making it official.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

Alright, I plan to ship you guys off this rock within a few turns, so I'll be doing some more mini rolls.

Just remember that the fungus trail leads two ways--in one direction, somewhere in the spark aea. In the other, toward the launch station.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 11, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

Kayle looked from one way to the other. "Perhaps Varron and I should go one way, and you and Jaffar go the other?" she suggested. It would make sense, anyway. Jaffar and Varron had abilities that would let them know more about the fungus, and she and Amatin could protect them. She didn't particularly mind which way she and Varron went.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »

Jaffar held his head for a moment. Ow. That information infusion thing sort of hurt. He thought about what the others had said...normally, it wouldn't be any of his business, but in this case it seemed like a fungus plague was being spread on purpose-if it was or not, Jaffars conscience wouldn't let him walk away. Dire Rows, he had seen a bunch of kids playing just up the street not an hour ago....

"...Count me in. Anybody who would drop something bad down here on purpose needs to be stopped."

Jaffar nodded to Kayles suggestion. He only winced once, biting back a suggestion that it be he and her to go together. No, his mind needed to be clear for this...and when it was just her and him...he wasn't focused on anything. Except Kayle. That could be dangerous, for both of them, no matter how good it felt. She must have realized the same thing, he mused, or he was overthinking it, as usual.

"All right. How about me and Amatin head toward the Launch Station? We'll either find their ship, or an empty landing pad-either way, I can tell things about the sort of ship they were or are in.

Which means you guys will find their safehouse, or their former hideout. Don't go rushing in, okay? If you find trouble, call us to back you up."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 11, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

"Agreed. Let's go."
Head to the Launch Station with Jaffar.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 11, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »

Jaffar nodded.

He turned back to Kayle. He wanted to put a hand on her shoulder, comfort her, show that he cared for her...but his hand froze up. Would she like that? Was it too much, too fast? Would he be doing this every time they parted for a little while? That would be awkward.

He consulted his feelings, and they said to go for it. He stepped forward, disengaging his gauntlet and helmet, and laying his hand on Kayles armored shoulder lightly. He would have testified to a Polaric high court he felt a not so unpleasant tingle as he did so.

"...I know how this sounds, but be careful, Kayle. I know you can take care of yourself, but...you'll be alright, right? I care about you, I mean to say...in so many words.

Yeah. I'll probably be in more trouble than you, anyway. And, I'll be careful too. Ah, this sounds cheesy right? I know."

He kept on smiling. His inner monologue drawled, smooth.... He wanted to remove his hand, but it seemed stuck on Kayles armor. The tingling-probably not entirely psychosomatic-was getting stronger.

Action: Head off in the path of the Launch Station eventually.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107