Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86112 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #825 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:19 am »

Look for a book that might help in making my clairvoyance manageable... Then message Kayle and ask 'What would be a good time for us to meet up and try that magic-bleeding-effect thingo I mentioned earlier?'

(Sorry about the... to the point post, I'm a bit distracted at the moment and short on time.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 20, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

So adwarf is missing, but wilfchild?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 20, 2012, 06:06:33 pm »

I hate to say it, but Wolf just doesn't seem to want to post his actions in a timely manner.

If he's that uninterested in playing, can we continue without him for now?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 21, 2012, 10:41:45 am »

Attach it, pick up the new turret, and follow them from the shadows

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »

Sorry about the delay... no roll because of finals. I have to get some studying in.

After finals we should be getting back on schedule.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:27 am »

Bump!

Are your finals done, DbZ? If so, I hope you passed. :P

Also RP.

-----------------

Jaffar noticed Kayles improvised PDA light.They would be playing that clip at his funeral, wouldn't they?

He took a look at his HUD.

Detecting...

Background Noise: 30db [filtering 79%] Composition/Gravcar, Misc. Machines, Pipes ecetera...Location, [Indeterminate]
Suit Noise: 40db [filtering 59%] Composition/Misc self...Location, [Self]
Footsteps: 75 db Composition/[3] Targets ident. acquired [JAFC, KAYLEECOOL, AMATON], Detected Pattern [Calm]...Location, [forward/5 ft]
Unknown: 22 db Composition/??? Desc: Irregular Ticking...location, [Unknown]

All clear...so far.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:36:47 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 26, 2012, 11:24:11 am »

Kayle noticed Jaffar's head turn her way. It was impossible to see exactly where he was looking behind that solid, lighted mask, but given that his gaze lingered for a moment she figured he was either looking at her or at her PDA. The latter was more likely, she thought; her suit was dark and with the general lack of light she would be difficult to make out against the rest of the shadows. Excluding the video screen, of course. She put a hand to the PDA and brought up the messaging program.

Message from Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole
Sorry... needed the light, and it was the best thing available. If you want me to, I'll turn it off.
Unless you want me to keep it on. :)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 26, 2012, 12:07:25 pm »

Jaffar let out a genuine laugh as his comm beeped, a little bit shocked-he was hardly ever caught off guard like that. His gaze had indeed drifted from Kayles PDA down to the rest of her dark armored body-silhouetted against the light of the PDA-and he had been somewhat lost in pleasant rumination, imagining the woman underneath.

Then his comm beeped, causing him to actually jump a bit. She must have seen him looking, he thought sheepishly. Helmets were good for concealing blushing, he was glad for that, because that also highlighted the freckles on his face.

Message from Jaffar Cole to Kayle Silvertaugh
No, leave it on. It's who I am, after all. Bad dancing comes with the package.

Anyway, if there was no light I wouldn't be able to admire your silhouette. I mean, even in your armor, wow-you really are something, Kayle Silvertaugh. Now, Jaffar Cole inserts his metaphorical foot into his metaphorical mouth in 3...2...1... :)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 26, 2012, 12:29:20 pm »

I didn't think your dancing was that bad.

Not that she had much to compare it to, of course. His other comment left her flustered and unsure how to respond. It wasn't that men hadn't ever said similar things to her before, but there was a difference between guys you weren't the least bit interested in and guys you were.

...and thanks.

After sending that, she snapped her attention back to business. She didn't want the three of them to get caught because she wasn't paying enough attention to her surroundings.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 26, 2012, 01:10:00 pm »

Kayles whiplash movement and curt reply quickly reminded Jaffar as well, that ending up either dead, or enjoying the hospitality of an Penal Asteroid Colony for the next 50 years would put a serious dent in any future they had together.

Back on mission, he thought. No time for distractions. Even if she was extraordinarily distracting.

Spoiler: lore (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 26, 2012, 10:18:59 pm »

Updates:

First off, thanks to heavy snow, finals got moved to next week. Even-numbered periods first day, odd the second day. and 7th period the third day. If I recall correctly.
That said, I have a bit more time. This also means I should be rolling, which I will do...

Meanwhile, I've also been thinking a bit about a significant plot point, or perhaps a few, that I'll somehow introduce later.
I've also made a wiki for the lore, so I can store it all in an organized location. Currently I don't have that much actually written down, I'll get to it later.
It's right here/

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 26, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »

Roll 46

Spoiler: City Map (56k beware) (click to show/hide)

POI's:
You can make up POI's. In fact, please do. That would take some work off me. :)
This list is unfinished.

Spoiler: The Bulwark (click to show/hide)
----Gear District----
Spoiler: Empire Launch Station (click to show/hide)
----Steam District----
Spoiler: Lava Pit (click to show/hide)
----Spark District----
Spoiler: Alpha Drop Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Slums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reactor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (adwarf) (click to show/hide)

Events:

[1] Caplus fired a bolt of lightning from his gun toward the Gorves. The bolt arced straight around both Gorves, instead hitting a copper tube extrudign from the ground and curving 45 degrees toward the reactor, progressign toward its center.
The bolt heated up the copper, melting a significant portion, resulting in a jet of heated copper being propelled outward, toward Caplus.

[4] Caplus swiftly dodged the jet, but was then knocked down by the blast of pressurized coolant. His shield deflected most of it... but all around him, the coolant seemed to boil on contact with the steel ground. He decided not to turn his shield off as the either hot or cold air that was likely now surrounding him would, probably, kill him.

[1] Wait a minute, the shield doesn't affect gasses... ahh!

Caplus is freezing

(Caplus could not make out the gorves' images through the jets of coolant now spraying all over the place from the copper pipe--ruptured in many places.

--------

[2] Milia continued to fire bolts repeatedly at the still targets, from 50m away. She figured that this range was far too simplistic to get any real experience. She needed some kind of combat perhaps, in order to continue her practice.

--------

[6] Varron scrambled into the shelves, tilting his head sideways and skimming relentlessly over the titles of the books in the psychology section. He came across Therapy: How it's done and pulled it off the shelf, continuing to look for other books. Not finding anything else--that is, readily enough, Varron settled for the book and opened it, only shoving it back into the shelf, displeased with its contents. He proceeded to message Kayle for help...
What would be a good time for us to meet up and try that magic-bleeding-effect thingo I mentioned earlier?
How about soon. Judging by the tone of your voice you seem to be in a hurry, and we're busy. But anyway we're at the MiliTech building. Wait in the lobby there if you want.

Varron lunged down the stairs and otu the door. On his way to the MiliTech building, crossing the plaza, he came across a strange patch of tiny blue dots. While the other information gained from his clairvoyance confused him and overwhelmed him, this patch of goo intriqued him. He noticed there was actually a trail of the stuff, stretching, in one direction, over one of the pathways leading to the plaza. In the other direction, it led across the plaza, over the road, through the fountains...

Varron stopped at the sight of larger globs covering the fountain. It reminded him of a certain kind of fungus, specifically bleeding tooth. While this blue goo looked nothing like the fungus, the way the goo was splattered across the surfaces of the fountain banks and the ground.

--------

Herros returned to the University's planetside building, and entered his room with his equipment. He phoned the station officials to ask if they could cargodrop his workshop tools and projects down here...

--------

Zakroff [6] fused the autocannon to the turret and ran off to the shadows as it fell over sideways due to the starship weapon's immense weight.
In the shadows, he watched the enemy party engage the tank's brakes in order to do either maintainence or a simple inspection.

As one of them struggled with a valve, it suddenly spun around, releasing a jet of freezing coolant into the leg of an adjacent goon.

"Gah! Shut that thing off and heeeelp!" he screamed as he fell over on his now-heavily-frostbitten leg.

--------

Amatin squinted in the dark, [3+1] making out some shelves stacked with boxes in the room. The room itself was smallish, about the size of a large home's living room. [3] There were lights wired to a small box near the single entrance into the room, but thee was no switch on the box. There were probably some breakers inside, perhaps, but the lid was screwed on.

Kayle rotated her forearm and held down a small button. With a click, the PDA cover frame lifted up and she removed the device, turning it on and opening the video of Jaffar, then using it like a flashlight.
The lgiht dimmed momentarily, and she heard a quiet jingle--new message, it was from Varron...
(see above)

[4] Kayle was absolutely sure there were no people in the room.

Jaffar, after a quick exchange with Kayle, he turned his attention to his audio-tracker module. He expanded the view to also display specific sounds, admiring the orange window's subtle gliding animations. His suit noted a strange ticking noise coming from one of the boxes... Moving further in, he narrowed it down to the specific box.

Meanwhile, Kayle and Amatin decided to read the labels on everything, Kayle with her flashlight, Amatin with his keener vision.

Code: (Visible Boxes) [Select]
PLASMA PDW, AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
PLASMA HUNTING RIFLE, AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
EXPERIMENTAL PLASMA LAUNCHER, AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
PLASMA BOLTER, AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
TOP-SECRET, DO NOT OPEN (Jaffar is looking at this one)
MULTI-RIFLE, AWAITING AMMUNITION SHIPMENT
LASER PDW, AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
TWIN LASER RIFLE, AWAITING SAFETY TESTS
SHATTERER CANNON, AWAITING COLLATERAL DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:42:44 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 26, 2012, 11:42:21 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:44 pm »

Kayle considered the crates. "We probably shouldn't take more than one or two items apiece. It would be too difficult to hide them all. And if no one has a good objection, I'm definitely taking that Shatterer." A name like 'Shatterer Cannon' screamed 'destructive capabilities' and as a Cyrian, she loved the sound of that.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 27, 2012, 12:24:38 am »

"This may be a problem."
Run away from the reactor. the gorves aren't worth it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 107