Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86094 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »

Kayle laughed under her breath and shook her head as she watched the video. I don't think I was much better... but oh well. Reminds me, I have to check out the stuff Tyrin sent me before we go out again. She's been on a lot of dates, I'm sure she has good advice. Once it finished, she closed her video player and brought up the messaging system again.

From Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole
All right. I'll bring it to you later, then. Maybe you could take a look at this VitaPro program while I'm there, work out the glitches? :)

I'm not so sure about being a great dancer. :| That was the first time in... five or six years that I did. Still had fun though. Maybe once we get another mission done and have more money to spend - or perhaps stop in a different city - we can see what there is to do.

I'll be by as soon as I get this stuff paid for. :)

Also buy the MissilePro (200, leaves me with 120, but I'll get that back soon enough so you could probably just deduct it from Dwarmin to save time :3).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

Something was off with the way that chip was advertized. Amatin examined the Targeter's box carefully. Finally, he found what the corporations tried to hide. "I don't think it'll be of much help. It's written in small letters here: 'for Guided Missile Launcher use only'. And even I can tell that launcher is overpriced."

OOC: Neither my revolver nor Jaffar's bazooka shoot guided missiles, right? Just checking.
Also, I'm geared for explosive weaponry that doesn't blow you up, instant death and all, when you stand too close. I'm sure there will be maybe two or three situations in the game the GML will be actually useful. For all other occasions, Jaffar's bazooka will do just fine.

Your weapon is a missile launcher, so I suppose that yes, it CAN fire guided missiles, if you have them. This specific GML is considerably better at tracking than most launchers, but yeah, you could say it is overpriced :)

But you can modify weapons. Not just with modifications. If you want to make a pistol into a rocket launcher, find parts from a bazooka and do it. That's what an RTD is for :)

Although, you would normally want to buy nice weapons, and then loot lesser weapons to use as parts. You can do it the other way around though :)

EDIT: Is wolfchild away or something? I really don't want to auto him this much, but...

I'll just roll for now and add in his action in the meantime if he posts.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:04:57 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:56 am »

Amatin didn't bleed after he walked out of the hospital, and that - along with positively stunning nurses - was the only good thing he could say about the place. His left arm still hurt like hell, and doctors didn't give any recommendations on what to do with the wound, aside from 'rest it for a month, it'll heal itself'. What an inefficient approach to a warrior's wound.
Amatin made a mental footnote to pay the city's Aroth district a visit sometime soon - Aroth, a race with limited resources and no people to waste, developed their healing technologies more thoroughly than everyone else, and, unlike some, didn't shy away from using them to get a soldier back in combat.

First, however, Amatin was going to refill his stock of rockets: it was a Seathunder tradition to return to their people with more ammo than they started with. Whether they took it from their enemies or bought it with their money didn't matter; either way, they earned that ammo and brought it back home.
Go to the MiliTech Building. Buy 6 standard, 1 HEAT 50mm and 1 HEAT, 1 shrapnel 70mm rockets(480+120+240=840 credits). Ask the salesman if they have any plasma weapons in stock.

Wait, your launcher is 50mm. You want 70mm missiles?
:S

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2012, 02:04:00 am »

7 50mm for my launcher, 2 70mm for Jaffar's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2012, 02:27:25 am »

Roll 44

POI's:
You can make up POI's. In fact, please do. That would take some work off me. :)
This list is unfinished.

Spoiler: The Bulwark (click to show/hide)
----Gear District----
Spoiler: Empire Launch Station (click to show/hide)
----Steam District----
Spoiler: Lava Pit (click to show/hide)
----Spark District----
Spoiler: Alpha Drop Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Slums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reactor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (adwarf) (click to show/hide)

Events:

Caplus bashed his helmet a bit to get the autorun started. Finally, a popup appeared, reading: "AI Loaded. Meet Willem"
"Allo? Allo? How are you? It is wonderful to meet you!!! You look like a cool person!!! Nice weapon!!!"
Caplus punched himself in the side of the head.
"Ow, that hurt... Okay then. How are we? You've got a nice gun there... how does it work?"
"We'll see. I need to test it out on live targets first. Say, do you know where I can find something to... kill?"
"Try the reactor. Its energy signature has attracted some normally space-dwelling predators that otherwise attack ships. The Centauri government has some rather liberal gun laws and regulations, so it's totally fine if you go out to kill stuff that would normally try to kill you."

Caplus exited the workshop, retracting his WunderWaffe. He traveled into the spark district entrance by tram, before dismounting and heading toward the massive metal pillar in the distance: The Reactor.
He made his way down the run-down dirt roads, passing by a few shanty town pits and a tavern, which he thought he almost saw Zakroff in... and eventually left the populated area into a field of scorched yellow dirt. The reactor's plume of coolant collected into a ball up in the yellow-orangish sky, placing The Reactor in a gloomy shadow.
He made it to the base of the tower, to a large raised concrete foundation, with large metal pipes sticking out of the concrete and directed into the ground.
The first thing Caplus wanted to do was actually enter the structure. He attempted to find a staircase to the top of the raised foundation, but before he could find one (if there was a stairway) he started to hear a distinct reverbing screech. He looked up to see two dog-sized fliers hovering around scaffolds and pipe-ways. They currently didn't see Caplus.

Spoiler: Gorves (click to show/hide)

--------

[1] Varron continued exercising his clairvoyance--this time, without meditating. He stood up, closed his eyes for one moment, and sooner or later he was on the ground, clutching at his head in pain from the information overload. His meditation gave him the focus to handle small chunks of the incoming information at a time... but now fully conscious, he couldn't handle all of the information! His magical abilities kept force-feeding him the exact location of everything within the area around him... it was too much!

--------

Milia headed to a nearby sports store--hunting Sand Mantas was something she always liked to do on her occasional trips to the planet-side. They were fast and deadly predators, and since they could take you out from a range and, well, kill you, and then gut you and devour your organs thanks to their mineral-dependent metabolism, you needed to kill them from a distance, quickly, without being spotted. Therefore, guns were out of the question unless you were a good aim and had a big enough rifle. Milia had no such weapon, but she did have her silent bow.

Bows were the primary method used to hunt Sand Mantas by recreational groups. Sports stores often sold compound bows and crossbows as well as arrows designed to do all kinds of damage to the Manta, to ensure a quick kill.
She headed into Sports Dominion, and began looking through the aisles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sand Mantas (click to show/hide)

Milia bought something (specify what, please) and headed to the library. She picked out a book on archery from the shelves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skill increased!

--------

Kayle bought the specified items.

Amatin made his way to the MiliTech building as well, buying a few missiles before talking to the security guard at the stairway.
"Hey there, this surely couldn't be it, could it? Would you happen to know where the other items for sale are?"
The guard remained still, chin high and eyes partly obscured underneath his crested helmet.
Ask the salesman if they have any plasma weapons in stock.

I interpret this as "persuade the guard," if you know what I mean :)

[4] Amatin decided that the guard was hiding something--probably downstairs. In order to not alert him, Amatin used his Mind Lock ability on the guard to keep the guard from interacting with the world... at all. He made sure to disable his senses (especially vision) as well as his memory--to make sure the guard didn't remember being knocked out.
The guard dropped to the floor. Amatin grabbed him before he hit the ground with a thud. Afterward, Amatin headed downward and found a blank door, with no words whatsoever on it. Trying the door, he found that it was locked--but there was a slot for a keycard on the handle.

--------

Zakroff headed to the particular shanty's local scrap pile, and began to look for the highest quality parts available to construct another spider turret with.

[6] He found himself a cleaning droid that someone had lost the batteries to. It was covered in rust and most of the joints had dried out--indicating it was tossed here a while ago, but looking at it, he saw no other problems with the base.

[5] He used Reconstruction to morph the droid into a basic spider turret frame, albeit covered in a thin layer of rust which he could brush off. This was so that he drew no suspicion when pulling the droid out.

--------

Jaffar, before heading to the Militech building, did the following:

[7] Extracted 8x Artificial Muscle from Robot Parts, then condensed them into four cylindrical muscular sheaths. He then inserted them into his armor and wrote a quick little script to control the muscles in tandem with his suit's other motors. He finally tested out the new gauntlets and punched a soda can through the wall.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 15, 2012, 02:28:13 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 15, 2012, 02:35:06 am »

Shoot the Gorves with the Wunderwaffe.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 15, 2012, 03:41:58 am »

Kayle raised an eyebrow as Amatin - it had to be his doing, anyway - knocked out the guard with his magic. Well, that's his business, and it looks like he has the situation in hand. I have tech to deliver. She figured Jaffar was back in his room and so she departed the store... running into Jaffar almost as soon as she left. "Oh! I didn't expect..." She cleared her throat. "I bought the program you wanted. Is there anything you want to check out inside? If so, I'll wait here for you," she said, indicating a bench nearby. "Amatin knocked out the guard for some reason - unless he has narcolepsy, in which case he considerately caught the man before he hurt himself falling to the ground - so keep that in mind if you head inside..."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:43:29 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 15, 2012, 03:55:16 am »

OOC: Uh... no, it's just that when Kayle revealed that there is more than just the first selection of weapons(as in, got the access to weapon mods and chips), I decided there can be more weaponry than she first saw. And that it can be reached without pissing off a major player on the weapon market.
But breaking into a shop is fine, too. Them corporate fatcats deserve a few steals.

Message from Amatin Seathunder to Kayle Silvertaugh, Jaffar Cole:
Hey, guys. Look at the stairway, now look at the guard. Don't attract attention.
That stairway leads to a door below, it seems to have a keycard lock. Do you want in?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:36:55 pm by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 15, 2012, 05:06:37 am »

Milia had not been able to resist the crossbow. It was as if it looked at her from the shelf, beckoning her to buy it. Resistance had been futile.
She had also brought ammunition as she originally intended; getting four explosive arrows out of curiosity, and another twenty normal arrows just because she really didn't like to run out of ammunition. The boomerang arrows were just silly, though.
But her shooping spree hadn't ended there, as she had continued to stock up on bolts, totalling to eight wolfram-tipped bolts and sixteen regular old versions. Buying a hugely expensive crossbow without any ammunition to shoot would just have been pointless. (Note: assuming that bolts and arrows are different things, it's already silly enough that archery skill applies to crossbows as well)
She was currently walking towards the practise range to get a bit more familiar with that shiny new baby of hers.
Milia was whistling. Life was good.

Action: Target practise to get familiar with dat crossbow. Remember to retrieve the bolts. Assuming wolfram-tipped bolts can be retrieved an infinite amount of times without damage, it would be wise to use them, otherwise, take the cheaper versions.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 15, 2012, 10:56:57 am »

Create a high powered silent sniper gun for the turret to use

((SNIPER TURRET !!!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »

Jaffar stopped short, almost bumping into Kayle. He gave an embarrassed smile.

"Woah...sorry...

I might as well take a look, yeah. I'll be back out in a second. Hopefully.

Actually, I was thinking of taking a look at that Centauri Needler..."

Jaffar padded the Model IV Reizer SmartCannon (400) [40] on his Hip.

"Speaking of which, you think you could use this? I'm a bit overloaded anyway and...well, I'm sure Centauri Ladies prefer auto-cannons to flowers...but I like to stack the deck."

Jaffar smiled sheepishly, tapped one of his armor compartments and brought out a Locyrmor Bluespine Rose wrapped in grey silk

"Sorry, I could only get the one. I saw a stall on the way here...I knew what it was-my mother taught me about flowers-and, it was like fate you know...so I had to buy it for you. Do you like it?"

Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

Kayle blinked. "That's a pretty nice weapon. Maybe we should trade. You can probably do something with this," she said, taking out the TAC X9. She was sure he could mess around with it and improve it somehow. She handed it to him and got the M4RS in response. "I put a red dot sight on it already, but I'm sure you could improve it further," she said as she examined the SmartCannon. "I don't think it needs ammunition, so you won't have to worry about that." She attached the M4RS to her back using the magnetic plates of her suit and looked up... to find Jaffar holding out a Bluespine Rose.

She blinked again. "Oh... I never expected to see one of these outside of a book..." she said, looking at it. She tapped a button her PDA and with a series of quiet clicks, her left gauntlet came loose. After removing it and tucking it under her arm with her helmet, she took the flower gingerly in her armored right hand so as not to damage it and touched the petals. "...It's softer than I imagined it would be. It feels a bit like silk... but fuller somehow..." She frowned and bit her lower lip lightly. She wasn't that good with words; giving orders was fine, but in this area language failed her. After a moment, she put the flower behind her ear and smiled at her companion.

"I probably look ridiculous, don't I? But I like it, and this is the best place for it. I want to keep it close to me. Thank you, Jaffar," she said, putting her gauntlet back on... and as she did so, both their communicators 'ping'ed.  She opened hers up to see a message from Amatin. "Is he... looting the place?" She raised an eyebrow. "What do you think, should we join his endeavor?" She was a bit torn on the subject herself; on the one hand she wasn't much into thievery, but on the other, she was quite curious indeed to see what they kept out of the hands of the general public.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 15, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

Jaffar was visibly pleased with the results.

"It looks perfect on you, Kayle.

But....yeah, lets go in-if only to keep Amatin out of trouble..."

In fact, Jaffar would have gleefully looted the place has Kayle not been with him. He was a scrapper-everything he was wearing was stolen from one place or another, and while he wouldn't stoop to mugging people, making Corporations like MilTech feel the tiny sting of lost revenue was something that didn't bother him. He was worried about the guards, though...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 15, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

"All right. Right with you." Kayle put her helmet back on and sealed it into place, grateful it was roomy enough not to crush the flower. She opened the door and both went in, then made their way over to the guard and knelt to check his pockets.

Search the downed guard for a keycard; whether or not I find one, go downstairs and meet up with Amatin.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107