Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86076 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2012, 03:22:57 am »

Varron sighed, trying to pull back that sense of awareness that came from clairvoyance, in an attempt to reach it without meditation. While he did that, he mulled over the rest of what he had discovered.

One: Utilising Clairvoyance, he could view other planes, namely Hyperspace - the plane spacecraft moved through to eliminate the long process of regular space travel, or atleast that was the common conception - and Hypospace..? Atleast, he assumed it was some sort of opposing plane to Hyperspace. Possibly with opposite properties, which was an interesting branch of the classic Third Law.

Two: He could create wormholes. Or something, which allowed access to these other planes. Though miniature, it may be possible to expand the ability itself to allow for quick transport of small objects, mimicking hyper-space-craft travel.

Three: He could create god-damned antigravity! The force behind the supposed expansion of the galaxy, if those theories were to be believed. Though what he could do with it that he couldn't already he wasn't sure...

All of these thoughts were intended to distract him, although intentionally distracting onesself isn't usually a good idea, Varron thought trying to multitask like this would prevent him from slipping into a state of meditation.

Complete the use of 'Clairvoyance' without meditation, and entertain self with more thoughts about magic.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2012, 04:13:46 am »

Eep. Well, my mistake.

Get into the store area. Find an archery-related store and stock up on arrows, perhaps other interesting things if they pop up. Then (part 2) get to the library. Archery is said to still have some relevance, so there must be some scientific literature related to it - find that.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:32 am »

Amatin didn't bleed after he walked out of the hospital, and that - along with positively stunning nurses - was the only good thing he could say about the place. His left arm still hurt like hell, and doctors didn't give any recommendations on what to do with the wound, aside from 'rest it for a month, it'll heal itself'. What an inefficient approach to a warrior's wound.
Amatin made a mental footnote to pay the city's Aroth district a visit sometime soon - Aroth, a race with limited resources and no people to waste, developed their healing technologies more thoroughly than everyone else, and, unlike some, didn't shy away from using them to get a soldier back in combat.

First, however, Amatin was going to refill his stock of rockets: it was a Seathunder tradition to return to their people with more ammo than they started with. Whether they took it from their enemies or bought it with their money didn't matter; either way, they earned that ammo and brought it back home.
Go to the MiliTech Building. Buy 6 standard, 1 HEAT 50mm and 1 HEAT, 1 shrapnel 70mm rockets(480+120+240=840 credits). Ask the salesman if they have any plasma weapons in stock.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:22:27 pm by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2012, 09:12:33 am »

Kayle had just flipped open her PDA to message Amatin and let him know that his kind of weaponry was available at the Militech building when he walked in. Well. Nevermind then... She closed the PDA and instead approached the clerk. "Do you carry weapon modifications or software packages?" she asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2012, 11:38:35 am »

Jaffar launched into a flurry of activity...

Action: Jaffar begins the process of making suit upgrades with the musculature, that he can plug in once they are done to his suit, which is of course modular by design. He spends whatever money he has to.

OOC:

[3] Jaffar switched to the other parts. He was particularly interested in the muscles, he noticed that they were quire stretchy themselves. He applied power to one end, and the entire thing immediately contracted and flung itself off the table.

Luckily, the muscles, being artificial, were entirely.....

Also, it seems as if my turn got cut off here. Entirely what? :P

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2012, 12:35:01 pm »

adwarf's roll added, Jaffar's roll kind of fixed. hehe.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »

"I'll see what I can do." Zakroff said as he stood, and strode out the door. He needed some more aid if he was going to take on an entire organization, so he headed towards the nearest scrapyard, and sneaked into the deeper parts of the area.

Go to a scrapyard, and begin constructing a rough frame of another spider turret out of sight of anyone else..

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:52 pm »

Kayle had just flipped open her PDA to message Amatin and let him know that his kind of weaponry was available at the Militech building when he walked in. Well. Nevermind then... She closed the PDA and instead approached the clerk. "Do you carry weapon modifications or software packages?" she asked.

"Yes sir, just look at the other set of aisles, those over there."
He pointed to another set of shelves. A much smaller one, lined with chips and small boxes.
"Thanks..."

She walked over there and checked the shelves.

Spoiler: Smaller Items? (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2012, 01:46:53 pm »

Kayle knelt and examined the items, removing her helmet as she did so to get a better look. "Hey, Amatin. You might want this," she said, holding up the MissilePro Targeter. "It's a targeting program for missile launchers." She placed it nearby where he could get to it easily and took the VitaPro, as well as a Laser Projector and a Red Dot Sight.

Buy the VitaPro (300), Red Dot Sight (150), and Laser Projector (250 for a total of 700, leaving me with...320 credits.). Install the RDS on the TAC X9 and the Laser Projector on the GC MKIII, then install the Vitapro to my suit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »

It's primarily for the guided launcher, but I think you could hack it to work with anything if you have guided missiles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2012, 02:55:53 pm »

(True. Does Jaffar's weapon count as that? Because if not, I figure HmH is the guy most likely to invest in a guided launcher; Amatin is pretty geared for explosive weaponry.)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »

Something was off with the way that chip was advertized. Amatin examined the Targeter's box carefully. Finally, he found what the corporations tried to hide. "I don't think it'll be of much help. It's written in small letters here: 'for Guided Missile Launcher use only'. And even I can tell that launcher is overpriced."

OOC: Neither my revolver nor Jaffar's bazooka shoot guided missiles, right? Just checking.
Also, I'm geared for explosive weaponry that doesn't blow you up, instant death and all, when you stand too close. I'm sure there will be maybe two or three situations in the game the GML will be actually useful. For all other occasions, Jaffar's bazooka will do just fine.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:00:01 pm by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

((I was actually planning to shoehorn the targeting system I stole into my missile launcher :P

Quick, somebody shoot Jaffar a message! ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »

(Here to serve, Dwarmin. :P)

Kayle looked over at Amatin. "I see. That's... not helpful." She frowned. "Maybe Jaffar could find a use for it, he has a missile launcher. I'll message him." While the clerk was ringing up her purchases, she flipped open her PDA.

Message from Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole
The Militech building has some interesting software and weapon modifications. Do you need a targeting program? It's supposed to assist with guided missile launchers. There are also a few other mods you might want, mostly different types of weapon sights and ammunition extenders. Also, are you aware of a program called VitaPro? It identifies your injuries and attempts to heal them if your suit has medical capabilities; if not, it gives information on what to do about them.

On a more personal note... Maybe we could go out again some time? :)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:22 pm »

Jaffar was so busy wiring in servos and doodads, he almost didn't hear his PDA start playing his Orchestral ringtone. Almost. He picked it up distractedly, then more intently as he read Kayles name.

He put down his work and typed out a response, smiling to himself. She really was amazing.

Message from Jaffar Cole to Kayle Silvertaugh
Actually, I had a project on the back burner to make my dumb fire rocket launcher into a seeking one. I already have the targeting program from one of the droids...but I could use that to finish it.

I've got some money from home on the way (Love you Mom), so I can afford it. Pick me one up and I'll pay you back.

Also, I've heard of VitaPro. It's really glitchy, but at least it tells you when you're going to die after you get hit. Down to the very last second. Never found room for self healing on my suit yet, since that stuff tends to get damaged pretty easy in a firefight.

And, on a personal note, Hell yeah to another date. I guess, this means you had fun last time, right? I mean, with my dorky Polaric stepdancing...ahh, that showed up on the extraintranet you know? Everybody saw it. In all the star systems. I don't think they got you, though. :X

Which...on the other hand, you're a great dancer you know, Kayle. I mean, wow. I wish we could reserve one of those Xero-G suborbital private ballrooms one day. Cost a fortune, but it would be worth it for you.

See you soon, Kayle.

*extra contained file*
Gww.Galavideos.com
Subject: Polarics can't dance

(video: Jaffar Cole is shown somewhat swaying around like some sort of funky space chicken on the dance floor of the bar. Kayle Silvertaugh can be seen a bit in the bottom left frame with palm applied to face.)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107