Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86091 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #765 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »

(All right then, so I can really only get 1 steel plate given that I'm in Medium and have +2 strength. Thanks for clarifying. ^^^)

"I'll take these," Kayle said, placing her selections on the counter.

Buy 3 Nanosteel plates (360 credits), 1 Scrapper piston set (480 credits), and 1 fluid tank (140; total purchases cost are 980, leaving me with 1020), then head into town to look for other parts vendors.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:07:51 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:24 pm »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »

(All right then, so I can really only get 1 steel plate given that I'm in Medium and have +2 strength. Thanks for clarifying. ^^^)

"I'll take this," Kayle said, pointing at a nanosteel plate. It was large enough that, if cut and welded properly, it could provide adequate defenses to the areas that needed it.

Buy 1 Nanosteel plate, then head into town to look for other parts vendors.

You can get multiple, but it'll just slow you down. You can get hydraulics or pneumatics from this guy to cancel it out (though hydraulics only really help with moving around and lifting stuff, not punching.) or head on into the city and get some servos and a few high-capacity batteries.

You want a few hints?

Uhhh, sure.

Alright :P

Do we know braincode? We don't. So how do you get a computer that runs like a brain?

Remember, it says wrong system type.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 13, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »

In that case I literally stole a brain from the cyborg, if that's what you mean...?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

(Ah. The hydraulics say +3 to one arm per piston only, so I was thinking they wouldn't help with full-body adjustments like plating. If that's not the case, though, then I'll edit my action to buy moar stuff.

Also, @Dwarmin: You could find a system of the type the AI needs and install it on that; it seems to me that otherwise it's sort of like trying to install a Windows 95 program on an old Macintosh.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:26:58 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 13, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »

(Ah. The hydraulics say +3 to one arm per piston only, so I was thinking they wouldn't help with full-body adjustments like plating. If that's not the case, though, then I'll edit my action to buy moar stuff.

Also, @Dwarmin: You could find a system of the type the AI needs and install it on that; it seems to me that otherwise it's sort of like trying to install a Windows 95 program on an old Macintosh.)

Alright I'm changing it to a full strength bonus, but you may only have one per limb.

So if you get a limb blown off... tough luck.

In that case I literally stole a brain from the cyborg, if that's what you mean...?

Getting there. What's a biochip, again?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 13, 2012, 07:01:24 pm »

Oh, Because a standard binary computer has never been able to achieve sentience in history, computer science has moved toward using sentient bio-chips made from the frontal cortex of mammals and, sometimes, humans and fish. Some security companies use a combination of reptilian and mammalian brains in their biochips, ensuring that the AI will protect itself as well as be able to communicate effectively and solve basic problems.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 13, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »

Wait, where did I write that? I forgot I did :(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:11 pm »

Somewhere back in post history. :P

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:26 pm »

Found it! Heh. Alright, you got it. You need a biochip because the AI needs to run off of one to function correctly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 13, 2012, 07:16:35 pm »

Ahh-here's edited actions then.

Action 1: Extract and wipe the biochip from one of the androids, and use it as Amelies base operating system.

Action 2: Begin studying the robot parts-the legs and muscles. Figure out how this can be applied to a power armor suit to improve strength and speed.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:14 am »

Roll 43

POI's:
You can make up POI's. In fact, please do. That would take some work off me. :)
This list is unfinished.

Spoiler: The Bulwark (click to show/hide)
----Gear District----
Spoiler: Empire Launch Station (click to show/hide)
----Steam District----
Spoiler: Lava Pit (click to show/hide)
----Spark District----
Spoiler: Alpha Drop Zone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Slums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reactor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arms Runners (adwarf) (click to show/hide)

Events:

Caplus decided to buy the AI. Swiping his card, his account was deducted by 1200 credits--quite a hefty sum. He received a biochip in a glass box with a taped instruction manual. The instructions were as follows: 'To utilize: Please purchase a compatible biochip USB adapter for further instructions.'
Ah, the good ol' lowest common denominator. They can't tell lies from... the truth. Caplus needed to come up with better jokes. His existing ones were rather idiotic, to put it generously.

Walking out the door followed by his patriot armor, Caplus took his helmet off and looked for a port in the back. He unclipped and lifted a metal cover, finding three side-by-side biochip ports. Could this mean he could run three AI's at once? What about route a single AI through three chips? That would be perfect, actually.
Suddenly, his mind concocted a sudden idea... an idea that would change the way he would fight--forever. He headed to the construction store to buy some ceramic tiles and raw material, and then headed to the other side of the city via tram. Finally, he entered a corner workshop--paying the entrance fee. His idea had costed him 400 credits by now, but Caplus was certain it would be ridiculously effective.

He formed himself a cone of copper, lined on the outside with insulative ceramic composite tiling. He formed the body out of steel, lining both the outside and the inside with ceramic. Finally, he fashioned two-pronged spike composed of silver--the two halves separated with insulative material, and welded it in such a fashion as to stick out of the front, through a hole in the cone's top, without touching the cone.

[6] He spent the rest of his time attaching it to his glove and adding electrical hardware to link it to his suit's power source, followed by adding a coat of black paint and contours that matched his armor's dark, angular style with blue highlights. He lifted the weapon up and attempted to rout his powers through it... firing a bolt of lightning into the light fixture above him and showering him with broken glass.

--------

Herros did... something?

--------

[5] Amatin decided that the backpack wasn't worth it... being permanently unable to regenerate from even the slightest of wounds? That would absolutely, positively, suck.
Amatin put his pocket computer away... with his left hand. Suddenly, a sting of pain shot through his left arm, again, reminding him about what happened back on the Aurora. He walked back the way he came, until he found himself in the plaza. He turned toward the steam district--there was a hospital right at the corner of the main road leading into the steam district.

He walked through the double doors, bumping into the Centauri Admiral--Sir Winfield Scott, he remembered.
"Hello there, Graduate Amatin. I see you're clutching your left arm... and the red stains confirm my thoughts. Head over to the doctor, they'll fix you up, no problem." declared the admiral.

(Amatin is now healed, for free)

--------

Varron sat in the library and meditated. He focused on sensing the changes magic made to his surroundings. Perhaps, then, he could catch on to see what laws of physics were being reqritten, and use that as a conduit to see how the laws of physics are affecting the area around him--in other words, clairvoyance. With clairvoyange he could to so much... he could be blind and still see, he could... gah!

"What was that! That didn't happen before!" he shouted, at the top of his lungs, just before remembering his location. A library.
"Sorry!" he shouted again, louder than the last line, just to make sure everyone knew he was sorry. Then again, that might have just exacerbated the problem of noise...

What Varron had just experienced was a disturbance in his mind by something greater. By observing, primarily, this plane, he had actually experimented a bit with his own gravitational powers to get a feel for it. Through his focus, he managed to puncture microscopic holes through the spacetime continuum in a similar fashion to a black hole. However, his immense focus also caused his powers to fluctuate wildly on a whim, based on his emotional standing. As soon as he discovered he could peer into hyperspace as well as regular space with his nascent clairvoyance, he was surprised.

Varron himself hypothesized that being surprised, his powers just may have flipped around, creating some kind of antigravity in the process, and punching a hole upwards through the spacetime fabric. Through that hole he peered into something else... something indescribable. The only thing he felt looking into this unknown realm aside was an overwhelming influx of information, the complete opposite of what he saw in hyperspace--nothingness.

90% towards basic clairvoyance! (need to be able to do it on demand without meditation)
50% towards antigrav pulse!

--------

No action for Milia Errol didn't post. You technically should get two actions next turn, though really without being in the heat of battle you can do as much as you want short of constructing a battleship.

--------

Kayle purchased some goods and placed them in her storage so that she could weld them on later on, at a workshop, which she did, after attracting a few looks from nearby Centauri--much shorter Centauri, for that matter.

She continued through to the Steam District, where she stopped by at the Militech Building.

She went downstairs to the vending rooms--where shelves stacked with equipment, guns, armor parts, and other objects divided the room. She couldn't help but note that the stairs seemed to continue more, though the security guards insisted that this was the only vending floor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--------

Jaffar returned to his room, remembering that AI's need a biochip to run correctly. Duh.
He got out his pile of robot parts [3] and managed to extract a biochip from the wrecked brain. He doubled-checked the chip, and noticed a bit of mold already growing on the chip--they needed to be stored correctly, and with the power shut off to the fake brain in the android, the chip was starting to stagnate and mold. But what if running power through the ship killed the mold from the heat and electric current...

[4] He plugged the chip into the port in the back of his tablet, and mounted it. He then pointed the AI data to boot using the chip. All that was left was to start up bootswap aaaand...

"Please wait while loading OS elements: 0.12%"

This will take some time.

[3] Jaffar switched to the other parts. He was particularly interested in the muscles, he noticed that they were quire stretchy themselves. He applied power to one end, and the entire thing immediately contracted and flung itself off the table.
Luckily, the muscles, being artificial, were entirely resistant to biological deterioration.

--------

Zakroff made his way to the Light's Stead, an old tavern he had frequented in the past. There, he met up with the Arms Runners.

And? Not sure what you were planning to do here. I THINK you want to accept some kind of sidequest but I'm not sure.

Spoiler: If so (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:32:18 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2012, 01:03:02 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:08:03 am by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2012, 01:10:50 am »

Turn on AI Software, then , satisfied with my WundderWaffe, explore around the reactor to improve my electricity skill.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:29 am »

You've left my results out :P
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107