Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86122 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2012, 12:51:22 am »

"No. We won't kill Van Buren, but neither will we run away from here. Without any evidence of his involvement in the Ross politics, there will be no way to stop this new war. And if we leave him on board of Aurora, he will eventually get up and resume the attack. We'll have to take him hostage.
Given the man's talents, normal ways of imprisonment won't hold him; we'll need to bind his mind as well as the body. I'll see if I can render him comatose, and there's always an option of putting him into a cryostasis.
...Oh, and one more thing. Admiral, Van Buren's influence was a valid excuse for your crimes, but you no longer possess it. Now you're responsible for your actions. Call off the attack.
"

Mind Lock Van Buren's prefrontal cortex away, effectively blocking it from the rest of the brain and putting him into coma like that engineer I Lobotomized - except that this time, it will be possible to wake him up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:56:44 pm by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 09, 2012, 09:59:09 am »

Milia looked over the whole mess. This whole ordeal had taken a few unexpected turns she was still trying to make sense of. But she understood that Mr. Van Buren was a formidable threat, and perhaps still had some surprises in store. She knew it was a fairly futile thing to do - this man could probably cut through rope in milliseconds... but some part of her, perhaps the instincts, the part of her brain that ran on autopilot when she was stressed insisted on having Van Buren bound and gift wrapped to the largest possible extent.

Organize rope or some other suitable material, then wrap Van Buren up into a handy package and blindfold him for good measure. No gag, he's got to talk.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 09, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »

Next post should be a legitimate roll. If you want to do something post it and I'll include it again as we get off the ship. If I remember correctly the Centauri admiral had somebody remote control the Griffin to fly around in stealth mode.

"No. We won't kill Van Buren, but neither will we run away from here. Without any evidence of his involvement in the Ross politics, there will be no way to stop this new war. And if we leave him on board of Aurora, he will eventually get up and resume the attack. We'll have to take him hostage.
Given the man's talents, normal ways of imprisonment won't hold him; we'll need to bind his mind as well as the body. I'll see if I can render him comatose, and there's always an option of putting him into a cryostasis.
...Oh, and one more thing. Admiral, Van Buren's influence was a valid excuse for your crimes, but you no longer possess it. Now you're responsible for your actions. Call off the attack."
First, the admiral answered.
"There's one major issue, and that's he issue I've been trying to surmount since the AI suddenly died. The communications systems are offline--they have to go through the AI first, and it's not responding."

The groups eyes steered toward Jaffar.

Von Fredreich responded as well:
"But what about that AI you planted? Hey, AI!"
He shouted upwards. The AI picked up his voice.
"YYYyyyyyyyeeeeessssss?"
"Can you fly this ship to safety? Or better yet, STOP MOVING! The ship is missing one engine, and you're just turning it around."
"What's that? I've got two things I need to process right now. You're one of them. The other is the dubstep in the central hall. And my tasker gives priority to the first thing assigned. Which would be the dubstep."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:15:01 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 09, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »

Jaffar shuffled his feet and didn't say a word.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »

"Well. This is an interesting turn of events." Gesture to Van Buren, and levitate him with my powers, and have him follow us, then let my cloak take over. After everyone else is done with him, at least.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:35 pm »

Soundtrack: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/439735

Honestly the little soundtrack things I sometimes add are really just what I've been listening to while writing the roll. It's actually pretty good if I want to have any emotion to speak of while writing, being one of those introverted sociopathesque type people. :)

Roll 39

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

With a mysterious antagonist apprehended along with the highest-ranking official in the entire Ross navy, our... heroes (?) found themselves ready to return to base in order to figure out the next course of action.
Amatin took the responsibility of organizing everybody for the trip off the ship.
"So let's get the plan settled. We need to get back to base with two things: the Admiral, whom we will let the Centauri courts deal with..."
He turned to the admiral.
"Don't worry. I'm sure one of us has the entire situation recorded, am I correct?"
A few people in the team nodded.
"Good. We also need to get Van Buren back to base to figure out how to deal with him. While killing him would be pragmatic, there is too much at stake. He talked about Vulcanus--something about the Ross already being present there.
Therefore, we must now go to Vulcanus."

"And the crew?" the admiral asked.
"The crew... will have to use the escape pods. I'll use my radio's mass communication channel to warn everyone."
Amatin turned around and took out his radio, setting it to broadcast the message as a warning.
"Attention Aurora crew! The ship is under the control of a horribly incompetent AI and is not expected to make it out of here. Sorry to ruin your hopes and dreams of an infinitely standing republic, but this ship is essentially uncontrollable. I would highly recommend making your way to the nearest escape pod before the ship crashes or strays from the fleet."

"That's settled. Now the Centauri admiral said that our evac was orbiting the ship in stealth mode. Jaffar, while we head to the hangars, tell him to bring the ship over and have it land. Hopefully we won't be spotted. If we are, we can have the admiral call off the attack and attempt end hostilities using the corvette's communication array."
Milia spoke up, asking a question, "Would it be alright if I wrap Van Buren up in case he comes to?"
"You are welcome to, but I have something special in mind. Stand back first--get some rope."

[3] Milia looked around; not finding rope, she removed a roll of bandages and decided to use those to tie Van Buren up with.

Meanwhile, Amatin attempted to use his mind lock spell on Van Buren. [4] He felt his power come out from him--that signaled that Van Buren's spell blocking was conscious. He had to be, well, awake for it to work. Anyway, he restricted Van Buren from his own prefrontal cortex. Buren stopped making his passive motions--he simply lay there limp afterwards, his eyes slightly open.

Milia came and wrapped him in bandages to make sure he would both survive for interrogation and not be able to escape. It also made transporting him simpler without having to deal with flailing limbs.

Varron lifted Van Buren with gravity and then brought him into the elevator with everyone else, while Jaffar called Admiral Burton and reserved a landing in the hangar room.

--------

Passing through the central hub, the team encountered Horatio Stonewall again, who was back in a capable power suit.
"I'm sorry to say this, but we had an ambush prepared for you up until the last moment. Did you really expect me to keep my word? I was practically the Admiral's dragon! Anyway, we all heard the broadcast. I'm, as usual, going to be the last one in, so I'm staying to make sure the entire crew gets to safety."

--------

Going downstairs, members the group couldn't help but notice a strange, almost sweetish smell emanating from the laboratory. Caplus, having went inside before, asked everyone to hold on while he investigated. Furthermore, in case the gas was poisonous, his shield blocked it, so he couldn't smell anything either, unlike the others.

Meanwhile, Zakroff was pondering what to do with his fighter--leave it here, tether it to the Griffin, o fly it out. Leaving it here would result in a large financial loss, but would take less time than tethering it to the Griffin or anything. Granted, the Aurora was not exactly spiraling out of control just yet, although navigating its corridors was still rather dangerous due to the French AI's antics.

Meanwhile, Caplus entered the laboratory. The first thing he noticed was that suddenly, he was on the floor, face-down. Or hovering an inch above it, actually, thanks to his shield. However, what surprised him was not his sudden fall, but what he was hovering over. Getting up, he noticed he had left a bulky person-shaped indent in the floor. hat was not natural. He noticed tealish... clumps... of stuff on the floor. They were distributed all across the lab floor, in fact, connected with gelatinous webbing that stretched out across the floor. He decided that this stuff looked like an outbreak of some kind of plant life experiment gone wrong. Perhaps it was a fungus, actually. But either way, he made his way, through the squishy floor, past the cell he had freed some man from. However, catching something inside the chamber in his peripherals, he stopped, and looked to his side. He then gasped in some kind of abhorrent horror mixed with curiosity along the lines of "Ooh, this is scary. if I touch it will it kill me?"

Inside the cell was a thin fungal spire growing about a meter and a half straight upward, ending in a set of gills pointed toward the ceiling. It seemed to be absorbing the air current from the ventilation shaft above, as well as pumping something through tiny pulsing capillaries in its stalk. Spores filled the room, and in fact, were pouring out and bouncing off of Caplus' shield, as well as sticking to the wall and settling there. Caplus even spotted a few circular structures on the walls, anchored with webbing and starting to grow gills themselves, oriented vertically--supposedly to capture air current. Caplus took his head out of the chamber and read the label above the cell:

MADUNAI FUNGAL SAMPLE--DO NOT VENTILLATE

Caplus assumed that the original AI, controlling the ventillation systems, made sure not to ventilate this cell in particular.
He checked the other cells, and to his dismay, he also found spires growing in them as well, although those cells were nowhere near as heavily infested.
Oh Jaffar, what have you done...

Spoiler: Madunai (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 10, 2012, 12:05:03 am »

"So. What do?" Refrain from going into the laboratory as well, while looking for a random inanimate unimportant object to attempt to devise a more lethal way to use his Gravitokinesis, via setting a large amount of false gravity in the center of an object, essentially crushing them inwards.

In other words, try to make spell 'Gravity Crush' on random nearby inanimate object.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 10, 2012, 12:06:07 am »

"We're leaving the ship, so that's not my problem."
Survey the lab, grab anything else left in it, then check to see if the guy I knocked out is there, then get out of the lab.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 10, 2012, 12:27:33 am »

Roll 40

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

[6] Caplus decided to not tell the others, and instead do one last sweep of the lab for anything useful and not potentially world-devouring. He located a rather nice golf-club, with a light-up gauge on the handle. This reminded him of his hammer that he found in the library--perhaps they were related. He grabbed it and wrestled it out of some fungal webbing before exiting the lab and meeting up with the others. The golf club was likewise extremely light.

"So what's the smell?" Kayle asked.
"That, my friends," Caplus began, pausing somewhat dramatically.
"Is the smell... of science!"

He pulled out the golf club, so quickly that he almost flung it across the room.

"It was just some minor fungal spread. But check out my golf club! It's just like that hammer I forgot to show you guys!"

Varron immediately noticed the hammer, somehow. In fact, he almost felt its location in Caplus' suit storage. Oddly enough, because he didn't recall having any sense of perceiving any sort of force a regular human cannot. Yet, at least. He had never seen this hammer either--but he knew it existed.

He decided to practice his skills a bit, while of course his smart cloak carried the mummified Van Buren around vertically behind him.

[5] [5]

He located a forklift, abandoned near a cargo door. He decided to slide it over. Reaching out his hand, he started to make a crushing motion with his hand. He started to feel his powers activate, and he saw the forklift itself begin to compress itself, far beyond the logical limits of its compression would be. Interesting. it seemed that his own force denied the laws of physics any merit--or perhaps the laws of physics were organized in such a fashion that they applied only when magic did not. The universe is a complex but orderly place, designed with obvious stability. Breaking the laws of physics with your mind is bordering on fantasy. Magic had to somehow be linked with the laws of the universe in order for such a violation of conventional physical constraints to occur before Varron's own eyes.

He released his sub-planar grip on the forklift. It was now a mere perfect sphere, about one foot in diameter, not resembling a forklift at all aside from the yellow, blue, and red paint spliced into the surface.

--------

The group made its way to the hangars, in fact, hearing a thud on the way.
"That must be evac." said Amatin under his voice.

The group passed the already open (Zakroff's doing) hangar doors, and found that the Griffin had made a slightly rough landing. It appeared that the Griffin's frontal hull was embedded within the wall. The rest of the ship looked fine, and Herros assured the group that it should fly after being freed.

Next to the Griffin was Zakroff's fighter. (Can you decide how you got the fighter? Is it expendable, etc, did you steal it, did you buy it, did you find it at a discount, are you emotionally attached to it in any way, etc)

Spoiler: Clarity? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:58:58 am by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:32:50 am by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35:11 am »

Test out the hammer on a trash can or something.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 10, 2012, 12:41:14 am »

"Well I better go get my fighter from the hanger, and take off. Meet you guys out there." Zakroff said as he turned , and began sprinting towards the Hanger

Go get in my fighter, and take off.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 10, 2012, 12:43:43 am »

Hey, reread it please. I edited in another puzzle for you guys. :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 10, 2012, 12:48:43 am »

((Fighter - A Basic Centauri Military Interceptor, I got it as payment a while back for a quite less then legal trade I made that involved 'borrowing' some gear from a Merc Company known as the 'Sons of Hell'. Needless to say they're still pissed, and looking for my head.))

Look for the most complex object in there, and turn it into a Maintenance Robot. Have it help fix the small problem with the Griffon. We can take it with us afterwards for spare cash.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 107