Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86100 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #660 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »

Out of curiosity, where did the name 'Galena' come from?

Galena is an ore of silver and lead. Your color is silver. Lead is heavy, and is therefore affected by gravity, no?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2012, 01:23:14 pm »

Out of curiosity, where did the name 'Galena' come from?

You should play DF more often.

Also, I assume I was tagging along with the group. My trap sense is tingling, so I'd order meself to do a thorough scan of the surroundings.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:26:25 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 08, 2012, 07:53:52 pm »

This is pretty much a plot roll. For character development and story progression. Hence the massive amount of dialogue compared to previous rolls.

Roll 38.5

Spoiler: The Bridge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies in Central Hub (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Milia took care to anticipate some kind of... trap. Obviously, the bridge crew was aware of the hub skirmish. They had to be setting some kind of trap...
[5] She listened attentively, slowly notching an arrow in case she heard anything. But aside from the speaking in the room and the hum of the crew's computers, there was nothing to be heard.

Unbeknownst to the entire team, two Mark 37 Auto-Turrets gently hovered over the ground from the back of the room by means unknown. One coming from each side of the room, the two turrets slowly landed on the floor and began to activate.

This, Milia heard. Immediately drawing an arrow and turning around, she shot a turret to her left before it could deploy. It let out an ear piercing screech, alerting the crewmen engrossed in their consoles and prompting some of them to get up and make their way toward the exit, the others simply turning around and leaning on the edges of their chairs to watch.

"These crewmen," Milia concluded.
"They know something, why are some of them just watching?"

She was cut off by the sound of the other turret deploying, anchoring itself to the floor and bearing its guns toward the group, but holding its fire.

----At the same time----

"Keep trying, Galena. There must be something holding him in place - anti-acceleration braces or magnetic boots, perhaps. Speaking of which, Citrus, EMP his feet. Meanwhile, I'll try to talk some sense into him." said Amatin.
"Wait, what are you trying?" complained the admiral.
"Shut it. Answering your question: we're preventing a crime against humanity and a galaxy-wide war. I'm assuming you're informed that this attack has been launched on the Graduation day... but do you also know there are many important Aroth and Cyrian civilians in the University right now? Their homelands will gladly use their deaths as an excuse to join the new Centauri-Ross war. What will your people do then, when they're facing the united forces of the Authoritarians?"
Hearing this, the Admiral lowered his weapon and began walking towards the team.
"You don't get it, do you?"
Amatin was silent.
"You don't realize what you're getting into."
"I certainly do. We're dealing with you. You're coming with us--where did that turret come from? Herros, disable it!"
"Roger that..."

Herros also attempted to use his powers, but to no avail. Just like Varron, absolutely positively nothing happened. Herros didn't even feel like his powers even responded.

"I... can't."
"Oh, let me guess, we're going to have to fight you without our powers. This is sooooo stereotypical. But a pistol won't do much."
Milia tapped Amatin's shoulder.
"Amatin, I'm not sure if he's the only one armed. I'm not talking about the turret. I heard the turrets... drop onto the ground. I'm starting to think there's someone--"
Milia stopped. Amatin looked confused. Footsteps sounded from the back of the room.
"Like me?"

"What's wrong with you people. Do I have to introduce myself every time?"
"Umm, who are you? WHERE are you?"

Someone appeared right in front of the Admiral.

"The name," the stranger began.
"Is Van Buren. Charles Van Buren, or that's what I go by."
"Okay then, Mr. Van Buren. Could you please explain what the heck is going on?"
"My pleasure. I am a businessman. A businessman, well versed in... commerce. But I also specialize in certain things..."
He pulled a stainless steel sphere from the sleeve of his black coat. Tossing it into the air and holding his palm up, he suspended it in the air in front of him.

"Oh, so you're one of us, then? An individual born with..."
"Magic? I don't call it magic."
He paused.
"It's just how I get things done."
"Right, we'll understand you slightly better now. So can you let us carry on and bring the admiral into custody please? I'm not sure how involved you are in this whole attack, but if the Ross navy is structured like a real navy, you'll need the admiral's permission to carry out an assault on an empire's homeworld. Given this whole situation, he's guilty of a war crime and needs to be apprehended."
"Oh, I'm well aware of your motives. I found them out when you attacked the hub."
"What? The cameras were offline! How would you know."
"I can see these things, Mr... Amitin, am I correct? No, that's your first name.
Anyway, I cannot let you take the admiral. This assault precedes a wondrous business opportunity, primarily involving that planet that your scientists are all over... both those of your race and the Centauri race. Vulcanus."

"So the entire point of this attack is to capture Vulcanus? Why not just take it directly, or for Petrovich's sake, just request access to do whatever sort of things you want to do there!"
"You're not aware that we are operating there right now, are you?"
"Whaat?"
"Good. Anyway, say what you're going to say. A businessman has no time to waste. I need to continue planning out my course of action."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 08, 2012, 08:00:00 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:59:45 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 08, 2012, 08:06:41 pm »

Zakroff looked to the man at the sound of the word 'businessman', and said, "If you are a businessman what do you have to gain from this? As a fellow ..." Zakroff took a moment to think of the word before saying it, "Man of Opportunity, I say this, because I get the feeling your path of business isn't exactly legal just like mine, what do you seek to earn from this war? All you will receive is war, and death, while this is good for my business it also draws more attention to me if some idiot just does something without thinking. Now, what is it you plan to do? If you give me the wrong answer I may have to kill you, disrupting business, and all."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 08, 2012, 08:09:35 pm »

Jaffar didn't like this one. He tended to dislike corporate stooges of all calibers, for reasons stated before.

"Hmm, maybe he's a Psion-he's probably reading our minds right now...oh, there's a lot of money to made in wars, Zakroff. Plenty of scrap. "

Jaffar *thought* the following image toward the man, just for curiosity, of a giant Kyr-Hawk swooping down and snagging him away into the sky. He wanted to see if the man was a mind reader, or showed any reaction.

Jaffar then tried to strain his voice into a polite tone. He failed.

"Listen...sir. Surely, we can work out a...mutually beneficial deal?

Isn't that what your kind calls it?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »

Quote from: Talarion
Zakroff looked to the man at the sound of the word 'businessman', and said, "If you are a businessman what do you have to gain from this? As a fellow ..." Zakroff took a moment to think of the word before saying it, "Man of Opportunity, I say this, because I get the feeling your path of business isn't exactly legal just like mine, what do you seek to earn from this war? All you will receive is war, and death, while this is good for my business it also draws more attention to me if some idiot just does something without thinking. Now, what is it you plan to do? If you give me the wrong answer I may have to kill you, disrupting business, and all."

"I know my own motives, Centauri. Your business involves leeching off of other's misfortunes. My enterprise is more... constructive, rather than destructive, to us all, I should say."

Quote from: Dwarmin
Jaffar *thought* the following image toward the man, just for curiosity, of a giant Kyr-Hawk swooping down and snagging him away into the sky. He wanted to see if the man was a mind reader, or showed any reaction.

"Judging by the look of your face it appears you are trying to see if I can read minds. I will assure you, I'm not that cliché of a persona, but if you are, perhaps, imagining me in some kind of... precarious situation, I will say that I am deeply offended."

Quote from: Jaffar
Listen...sir. Surely, we can work out a...mutually beneficial deal?

Isn't that what your kind calls it?

"I feel it is necessary to correct you on my factual error. I am not Ross, as you can clearly tell..." Van Buren lifted his sleeve to reveal radiation burns covering his lower arms.
"These clothes provide little protection from prolonged exposure to the Ross sun. I personally do not like the Ross, but they, like me, are of sharp intellect. Unlike, of course, Polarians. Although I must applaud your kind for its success in putting together a state which is the embodiment of private enterprise itself... though you do fall victim to the nature of humans without any official government regulation to speak of."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »

"That is where you have me pinned wrong I don't feed off others I give them the means to take their freedom. I don't want anyone else to feel the chains of oppression which have bound me to this fate. I sell weapons not to those who would wish to use them to harm innocents, but to those innocent people who wish to become free. I help them become what they were meant to achieve not be forced down by a government that seeks its own gain. Yes, I may be nothing more then Death incarnate, but I walk this road proudly for I will bear the sins of those who I help, I will take their burdens on myself if I must." Zakroff said before placing one of his guns away, and reaching his hand up to his mask.

He pulled it away, and the burned mark of an Outcast was ever-present on his face. He held the mask in one hand, and said "My mother once thought as you did, and because of her I bear this mark. This mark brands me as a one of a family of traders, and murderers. I am chained by something I could not understand, but I accepted my fate, and decided to help prevent this from happening to others. You use your powers only to stir up a war for your own profit, yes I may benefit from a war, but that is because I arm those who would suffer from it, and help them survive. Your way of thinking is that of a man who lusts for power, and use others to obtain, because he is to weak to obtain it with his own might." Zakroff placed the mask back on his face, and redrew the gun.

In a swift motion he switched positions, and had both of his guns pointed at the man from his side as he spoke, "Now give me a good reason why I should let you fulfill your plan, and not kill you right here?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »

"That is where you have me pinned wrong I don't feed off others I give them the means to take their freedom. I don't want anyone else to feel the chains of oppression which have bound me to this fate. I sell weapons not to those who would wish to use them to harm innocents, but to those innocent people who wish to become free. I help them become what they were meant to achieve not be forced down by a government that seeks its own gain. Yes, I may be nothing more then Death incarnate, but I walk this road proudly for I will bear the sins of those who I help, I will take their burdens on myself if I must." Zakroff said before placing one of his guns away, and reaching his hand up to his mask.

"I would hardly consider that... enterprise. Not by any measure. If that is your purpose for doing what you do, I would consider it a form of insurrection...

He pulled it away, and the burned mark of an Outcast was ever-present on his face. He held the mask in one hand, and said "My mother once thought as you did, and because of her I bear this mark. This mark brands me as a one of a family of traders, and murderers. I am chained by something I could not understand, but I accepted my fate, and decided to help prevent this from happening to others. You use your powers only to stir up a war for your own profit, yes I may benefit from a war, but that is because I arm those who would suffer from it, and help them survive. Your way of thinking is that of a man who lusts for power, and use others to obtain, because he is to weak to obtain it with his own might." Zakroff placed the mask back on his face, and redrew the gun.
In a swift motion he switched positions, and had both of his guns pointed at the man from his side as he spoke, "Now give me a good reason why I should let you fulfill your plan, and not kill you right here?"

You are mistaken as well. This war is important for many reasons. I would tell you, but given the chance that you may make it off of this vessel alive, I will refrain from doing so. I am not the kind of businessman you think I am. I do not stir up violence to reap the benefits. But simply put, the Centauri government is in the way of my enterprise. My enterprise will help us all. I do not expect you to believe me, but of course...

Van Buren closed his eyes momentarily. Opening them again, he formed... something in front of him. Grasping it, he twirled it around, striking the floor with it and scraping some fragments of the floor along with it. These fragments collected on the surface of the object, creating something of an outline resembling a sword.
"Impressed yet? It's a sword of solid... Newtonian force, if you will. I have been honing my skills for quite some time now. I believe, of course, it is time to put them to good use.
It would be shameful for all of you to attack me at once, however. Mr. Merchant of Death, would you be interested in a duel? My blade against your stolen guns."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »

((canon wise, lets say this question was one Jaffar asked this before Zakroffs initiation of probably hostility, also Jafs helmet is on. So is he doesn't get headshooted. I don't know how that guy saw his face unless he was psychic. :P ))

"Well, how did you peg me as a Polaric, then? Lucky Guess?"

*and afterwards*

Jaffar raised one eye at the improbable weapon user. Impressive.

"Pretty impressive.

Uh, you go first Zakroff-I'd like to think we can still make a deal with this guy."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 08, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »

"We can try that later if your interested, but at the moment I can help more people by being alive then dead. I can tell if i fought you know I would die, and what use would that be to me." Zakroff lowered his guns, and stepped back, but just as he was thinking of going silent another thought popped into his mind. "But at a latter date I would indeed like to see just who would win between us, when the time comes I will accept your duel, for now lets appoint it as a to be determined."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 08, 2012, 10:22:50 pm »

((canon wise, lets say this question was one Jaffar asked this before Zakroffs initiation of probably hostility, also Jafs helmet is on. So is he doesn't get headshooted. I don't know how that guy saw his face unless he was psychic.  ))

Oh, my bad. Whelp. That doesn't coincide with his powers too well... it kind of does. How about I make him a little more powerful, shall I? :D
I'll figure this out... let me think for a moment...

[5]
"Well, how did you peg me as a Polaric, then? Lucky Guess?"

"Not quite a guess. You're too tall to be Centauri or Ross. Your voice... not quite deep enough to belong to an Aroth. and I assumed if you were Cyrian you would be too conceited to take of that ceremonial armor they always wear into battle. Like your friend there. And finally, there's your face. Chemical burns, they're a pretty obvious indication of what you've been through in the past. The Polarian scrap industry far outclasses anything from any of the other houses... and who staffs the industry? Low-class Polarians. I don't quite see how you could have acquired those burns without muddling through toxic sludge at least twice in your life."
"That still doesn't explain how you see through my helmet..."
"I see more than you see. That does not include your mind or anything like that."

"We can try that later if your interested, but at the moment I can help more people by being alive then dead. I can tell if i fought you know I would die, and what use would that be to me." Zakroff lowered his guns, and stepped back, but just as he was thinking of going silent another thought popped into his mind. "But at a latter date I would indeed like to see just who would win between us, when the time comes I will accept your duel, for now lets appoint it as a to be determined."

"Fine then, you really are more intelligent than I imagined. Concerned about your goal. I'd commend you for that. But, business first."
The fragments of floor dropped to the... floor.

"Alright, after thinking about it, I think that losing this admiral would not run counter to my plan of action. You can have him. Make him a scapegoat, if you will. Cover for the march of progress."
He paused.
"But, the three soldiers you have with you, they will have to stay."
He walked over to Von Fredreich.
"Do you object?"
"Buh, uh... erm..."
The Ross appeared to be trying to say something. Van Buren's face was grimly cold. It wasn't like this when he was talking to the team.
"No, I don't. Ugh."
"Right, as for you adventurers,"
He turned back to the group. After a short pause, he continued.
"...Mr. Stonewall has called off his ambush. You're safe to go down with the admiral."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 08, 2012, 10:30:50 pm »

"Wait, these men will not be harmed. They did what the must to preserve their own lives, and that is understandable." Zakroff said to the man as he started to turn away, and then he added one more sentence to it, "When the time comes your blade shall meet mine, and I will escort you to the Gates of Hell even if I must go with you, after all I am Death, and my prey will never elude me. Remember that well."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 08, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »

"Oh I won't harm them. They'll just stay with the rest of the crew. It would be far too unmanageable to--"

Van Buren looked down.

A serrated edge was pointing out of his chest.

The person behind Van Buren pushed him over, onto the floor. Pocketing the knife again, Von Fredreich spoke.
"He finally let his guard down. Now I can tell you! He can... stop people from saying things. I don't know, the full extent of what he can do. But he somehow managed to 'persuade' our government to start the attack!"
Von Fredreich pointed at the motionless Van Buren.
"I think, that we should get out of here before he uh, comes to. If he does. I wasn't necessarily TRYING to kill him... Anyway, trust me, he is GOOD at persuading people... too good. I don't know. Did he say you eight were immune or something? Something to do with those powers you seem to have."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 08, 2012, 11:03:01 pm »

He could see *through* Armor? Jaffar suddenly wished he wasn't wearing his heart patterned boxers underneath...

Then he saw the blade go through is chest.

"Um, right. You're coming with us Admiral."

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107