Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86062 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #585 on: December 29, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »

Edited!

"Time to go?" Jaffar said, a bit nervously.

Action: Head for the elevators! Jaffar will ride down to where his friends are and join the battle. Try and disable the lifts the team is not using when we get to them.

On the ride down, load an HE rocket into my Bazooka.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:18:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 29, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »

One problem, Dwarmin, you're currently in the command section of the ship. About 250 meters above the battle.
Although...

As Caplus, Jaffar, and Varron greeted each other, a piercing siren filled the room. Jaffar's French AI called out through the speaker:
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a battle in the central hub! Grab your popcorn and get over there! Turret gunners too! I'll handle the ship fighting!"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:32:18 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 29, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »

Ride down the elevator then, upon seeing the drone, use my EMP on him.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:48:53 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 29, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »

Erm, excuse me? I do not see a large door in the south-east corner.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 29, 2011, 11:50:23 pm »

"Group, spread across the hub! Second team, there's a skirmish in the central hub, get here as soon as you can! Use codenames, the channel is NOT secure.
K and J, shoot the Captain with your biggest guns.
C, V: EMP the drone and block the staircase with it.
Everyone else, take care of the lesser enemies. Over!
"
Life Blast Horatio, then dash away from him into the melee range of the southmost guard.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:40:30 am by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 30, 2011, 12:21:59 am »

Erm, excuse me? I do not see a large door in the south-east corner.

Oh whoops! Pretend there's one there as well. Similar to the two norther corner ones.

EDIT: Oooh, codenames, that would be neat. But remember, everyone has a color and a cloak of that color. I think.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:25:37 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:38 am »

OK, then. Let's start with killing off the mooks near me. Two quick shots into the least protected area (head? neck?), when I have all the time in the world to aim, shouldn't be too hard to execute.

Once done with that, sneak in direction ^ once the guards start moving. Do not want to meet that drone.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 30, 2011, 01:46:44 am »

EDIT: Oooh, codenames, that would be neat. But remember, everyone has a color and a cloak of that color. I think.
Hmm. That's a good idea. But 'M' is still shorter than 'Redcloak'.
Color-cloak correlation would work for everyone except Jaffar, who had his color changed to Lime in the past few turns.

Changed the orders according to newest update on Milia's location.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:25:08 am by HmH »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 30, 2011, 03:23:01 am »

I sort of like 'Merchant of Death' as a codename :P

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 31, 2011, 07:41:46 pm »

Roll 35

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

The group's radios exploded as Amatin sent a message encoded to alert any nearby radios--in other words, everyone on the ship, pretty much, got the message.
"Group, spread across the hub! Second team, there's a skirmish in the central hub, get here as soon as you can! Use codenames, the channel is NOT secure.
Alligator, Robin, and Aphid, shoot the Captain with your biggest guns.
Citrus, Galena: EMP the drone and block the staircase with it.
Everyone else, take care of the lesser enemies. Over!"

Everyone also noticed someone else... Herros it seemed, speaking from nearby Amatin's transmitter.
"Hey, why can't I--
"Just do what I say! We need to block the stairca--"
The voices faded out for some reason, until the radio produced the sound of a hard impact against the floor.

Jaffar, just a little bit nervous, asked,"Time to go?"
"Uh, yeah, definitely!"

The three piled into the elevator and hit the descend controls. Caplus started reviewing the situation during the ride down.
"So, there's apparently a combat drone that's going to be a problem."
"There is," replied Jaffar as he took out his bazooka.
"I think I can do something about that. Wait a minute, we've got an entire ship coming up the stairs in order to kill us, correct?"
"Indeed," began Varron, "that is why you are going to EMP the drone--"
"I am?!"
"Yes, and then I'll just plop it over the entrance with gravity. Simple, eh?"
"Right."
Jaffar slid a rocket into the back of the bazooka, then hefted it up, opened the sight, and pointed it towards the door.
"This Horatio guy had better live up to his name."

--------

Amatin tossed the communicator over the handrail, leaving it in an active state as to confuse anyone trying to trace the message. He had a spare, so losing one transmitter shouldn't be an issue. (These transmitters are exactly like walkie-talkies)

He noticed that Milia was missing. Looking around, he saw her in a corner sneaking up on some of the soldiers. Well, he thought, less gunfire aimed at the team would be better.

He attempted to take out Horatio in a quick and easy fashion: with life blast. Only the most strong-willed of humans could resist having their own soul blasted out of their body and into oblivion. He closed his eyes, focused on Horatio, and hoped for the best. He felt Horatio's struggle... and in fact, the struggle was successful. Amatin felt he could no longer even scratch Horatio's soul.
"What's the matter? Hehe. I'm going to be harder to break than you think."
Frustrated, Amatin dashed away, Horatio set his sights upon Amatin, spinning up his two weapons, and unleashing a flurry of bullets just as Amatin dove around the corner, [6] grabbing a surprised Ross (who just came up the stairway) by the leg and flipping him violently, smashing his skull against the ground. Amatin couldn't tell if the guy's brain was splattered against the inside of his helmet, or whether it was just a serious head injury. Either way, this guy is down for the count, and his shotgun is fair game.
[2] Amatin then felt a stinging sensation in his left arm. Moving it over to check what happened just made it sting even more. He tore off his bulky HEV glove and clutched his arm, his underlying suit mimicking the texture of warm blood under his hand.

He heard another of Horatio's corny taunts:"I know this sounds cliche, but I've always wanted to say it... my guns are bigger than yours!"

Milia, seeing Amatin diving for cover, drew two arrows at once and guided them into the two nearby trooper's heads, dealing [5, also headshot] 90 damage and [1, also headshot] 66 damage, respectively. One fell, stunned. The other helplessly clutched at the back of his head as blood began pouring out of the wound.
"Artery shot?" she whispered to herself.
Milia began moving upwards to get a better view of the battlefield.

Kayle began to look through walls, noting a large mass of opposition on the lower floors, and three Ross soldiers heading up the stairs.
She grabbed her radio and yelled into it, "Three hostiles coming up the stairs. They'll probably stop on hearing this but you should be ready for them. Oh and Whale, I think you got--"
"Yes I know, don't reveal codenames!"
Afterward, Kayle unslung her tachyon rifle, inferring that Horatio is slow and armored, and the tachyon gun counters both traits.

Next, Herros decided he would focus on making that drone his. He crouched down while Horatio fired at Amatin, attempting to merge his consciousness with the droid's systems. [1] To check his abilities, he urged the motors to move. The droid itself successfully pushed against Herros' will, retaining control. Herros settled for trying to disable it, taking the job off Caplus hands... his powers also failed at that.

--------

The elevator doors swung open, allowing Jaffar, Caplus, and Varron to walk out and join the fight. Jaffar, having prepared his rocket launcher, fired into Horatio's back. Horatio, obviously ticked off by 120 damage, slowly turned around, letting his guns slow down to avoid absolutely trashing the main room--and his allies.

[4+1] Caplus used his electromagnetic control to saturate the drone's control systems with electromagnetic pulses from the inside, bypassing any EMP shielding. He had learned this technique in the past, disabling rogue drones as a security officer. His past life was rather helpful on the ship. But anyway, the team would be leaving very, very soon. Hopefully.
After reminiscing, Caplus checked to make sure the drone was dead. It wasn't moving, so he assumed it was so.
"Varron, move the drone over a little bit. Block the stairway. "
"On it," Varron replied.

[4+1] He abruptly pulled the drone toward him. His powers allowed him to easily lift it up, move it closer to the stairway, rotate it to occupy as much horizontal space as possible, and drop it onto the stairway.

He felt his powers strengthen!

[6+1] His smart-cloak, in Varron's defense, yanked the helmets of Milia's targets off, arrows included, and accelerated them across the room, into the heads of the two security officers to each side of the elevator doors. Both guards were subsequently knocked out with heavy concussions.

"Did I just do that?"

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)

EDIT:

------------

Zakroff heard an alarm ring throughout the room. He used the control panel to open the door he tried to lock. Luckily, or unluckily, if he hadn't decided at the last moment to just open the door, the door slid open, the mangled part simply breaking as the door moved. A number of soldiers ran past him, too focused on heading to the main hub to actually check if Zakroff had a nametag.

"Hmm, it looks like there's a party somewhere. I hope I'm not too late for tea!"

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:58:27 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 31, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 31, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »

"Focus your fire on the soldiers! The leader's mine!" Kayle called, taking out her tachyon gun. She popped out of cover long enough to draw a bead on him and fired, then quickly ducked back in to minimize the amount of risk.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:42:37 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 31, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »

Umm .. where is my turn ? No rush I can wait :)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 31, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

Now that the drone is dealt with, EMP Stonewall.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 31, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

Umm .. where is my turn ? No rush I can wait :)

Fixed :)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107