Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86051 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #570 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:15 am »

What happened to my turn?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 28, 2011, 03:00:46 am »

Herros did the same... but with a twist. Using his mind, he willed one of the elite's suits to point the gun at the soldier's allies. [1] Apparently, the motors were stronger than Herros' will. For now, at least. They moved slightly.

You even got the basis for a new power in your stats.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 28, 2011, 06:12:02 pm »

Roll 33

Locations:

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Alright, small talk for now. I'll deal with the guy when we get there... and away from here.

Jaffar went ahead and followed the guard to the upper floor of the main hub. On the sides of the large octagonal room that was the upper floor, there were elevators and doorways to all sorts of facilities.
"The main computer is in the command bloc. We'll have to pass a checkpoint to get into the elevator. I have my card though."
Perfect.

Jaffar and Varron followed the officer... apparently "Chance Lutzen," into the elevator. Two others also boarded the lift before it closed. The large elevator immediately sprang upward. Through the windows on the walls, Jaffar saw the rest of the Ross fleet, guns brought to bear against the Centauri. He looked at the Centauri fleet, noticing something very peculiar--the fleet was heading at full speed toward the Ross. Jaffar could see the ships of the Centauri fleet as silhouettes against the flares of their engines.

Jaffar was then cut off by the ships hull as the elevator entered the command bloc. He saw the ship's superstructure through the windows, holding up a vast array of offices and other rooms, as well as the ring-shaped bridge room which lined the inside of the command bloc.
The elevator stopped, opening into a hallway. Chase led Jaffar and Varron to a locked door labelled "No Entry Without Authorization." He scanned his card and... shazam. It opened.

Jaffar entered a dark room--lit by various teal-colored gagues from the computer--followed by Chase, and then Varron. Jaffar brought up his tablet and held it up as if he were browsing some kind of computer network. That was just his live wallpaper, though. In reality he texted Varron:
Hey man, can you take the guy out for me? Quietly!
Jaffar looked back to see Varron nodding.

Varron casually cracked his knuckles, and got to work. He grabbed ahold of Chase with his powers, lifted and slammed him into the ceiling, and then set smoothly let him down onto the ground.
"Nice job... if you call that silent. Better close the door."
"On it."
Varron shut the door with gravity, and then followed Jaffar to the computer's main console. He found a slot, plugged in the frenchman chip, and began the attack.

[5] First, he cracked the password to the computer with his software. Once again, it was "swordfish". He logged on and looked for the place where the ship's AI was stored using the file explorer.
After finding it, he attempted to overwrite one of the files with the same file, but from the frenchman chip. The screen brought up an error, saying "Read-Only File System."

Jaffar realized that the AI was stored on a ROM chip, similar to his Frenchman chip. If the governments had done their thing and standardized all external hardware sockets, he should be able to yank the AI out of the port and insert the French one.

While he lifted wires out of the way to look for a container with the AI chip, he heard a voice... an artificial female one at that.
"I'm right here..."

Surprised, he called out. Varron, on the other hand, stood silent, taking his pistol from its holster.
"Who are you? Where are you?"
"SIlly human. I'm the AI. You're looking for me? Look to your left."

[4] Strange. The AI thought he was doing maintenance. Perfect! Jaffar did in fact look to his left, where he found a Plexiglas-covered port with a single ROM chip in the middle. He tried to open it.
"So, um..."
"Amelia"
"Amelia... how do I open this case?"
"You're supposed to know... "
The AI paused. [3] Varron, realizing the situation, jumped over to Jaffar and shot the case with his PPC.
The AI's voice immediately turned into a series of unregulated screeches, before degrading into static.
Luckily, the cover was melted, along with the ROM chip. Jaffar smelled the odor of burnt fish.

"Thanks for that, I guess."

Jaffar brushed the molten steel and plastic away from the case, blowing on it a few times to keep it from damaging the chip. He then inserted the Frenchman chip, and checked the console, which now displayed a window: "New AI files detected. Execute?"
He clicked yes.

--------

Admiral Burton stood at the front of the bridge. His ship was gearing fire the new weapon. As a result, the other weapons were offline. So were the shields.
He told the gunner to take aim. He did so.

"Alright, on my mark... open fire!"
"Roger!"
"Okay, steady... wait what's going on?!"

The admiral was referring to the ship in the center of the Ross formation. On the display's zoomed in feed, he noticed the Ross flagship beginning to turn sideways abruptly.

"Hold on. I think the strike team did something to the ship."

--------

Caplus grabbed the armor's gloves, and tried those on first. They shrunk down to perfectly fit his arm, before starting to produce a humming sound. He attempted to grab the next piece of armor, but he noticed that the armor repelled away. Actually, it was more like a bubble of force engulfed his arms.

He noticed a dial on the armor. It displayed two options, one was depicted as a bubble around a triangle, the other depicted only a triangle.
Turning the dial, he found that both gloves no longer pushed the armor away. He slipped on the rest of the gear and also read a slip of paper he found on the table:
To whom it may concern:
You are looking at the newest generation of Nighthawk shock armor. All information about this series is highly classified, and those who publically release this information may be detained or terminated.

The armor possesses, unlike other models, a shield. This shield is not just any shield, however. It is a high-resistance magnetic shield. Unlike normal shields, magnetic shields do not obscure light and do not require extensive repairs and refills. They do not require a heavy load of shield medium nor do they require excessive coolant lines for dealing with heat.
Furthermore, because magnetic shields use a new form of polarized magnetism emission system, it can block non-ferrous and non-magnetic materials. It does so by only repelling molecules aligned towards the suit.

The main thing that prevents the use of magnetic shielding, especially on a small scale, is power. However, our team has located a CCES (Compact Convenient Energy Source) from the ship's warp drive waste tubes right after the engine was blown during Assault 220. We've jury-rigged a device to harness this power and requested a soldier to test this armor with.

You may find more of these CCES's in the tertiary experiment hall. It is accessed through a door at the end of the bio-research hall.

Bio-research, eh. And compact convenient energy sources. Those sound fun--maybe Herros could do something with them.

He decided to make his way down the bio-research hall, when suddenly, he heard pounding behind him. He turned around, to see nothing, and hear nothing. He looked at one of the stoorage cells. Each was a 4x4 meter room sealed with what appeared to be a teal-glowing ionized radiation shield. The only lights in the hall came from the cell doors, which were apparently always engaged, considering that some of them were empty.
He returned to walking down the hall when suddenly, he heard pounding again. This time he remembered which door it sounded like it came from. Inside one of the cells was a human male, about 1.7 meters tall. He didn't appear to belong to any of the five major human races.

--------

[2] Zakroff picked up the gun Willem left behind. Using his powers, he managed to create a simpler minigun, but this one was shaped to perfectly fit his spider turret. The main issue, now, was how he would remove the spider turret's current weapon without lobotomizing it.

--------

Amatin finished his interrogation with one last, important line:
"Alright, now, so we're going to continue to the bridge and try to stop this operation. Also, we're going to take you guys hostage so we don't get shot at. Are you alright with that?"
[6] "Bah, we'll lead you there."

:D

The three able Ross troops carried the stunned one behind as Amatin led the other three into the hub.

The two Ross soldiers at the bar both saw the party on the 3rd floor and lifted their rifles. The bartender drew two heavy pistols.

The bartender called out to the third floor, "What is this? Who are you?!"
Amatin responded, "Good question. You had better set your weapons down though. We have the higher ground."
"This... this isn't supposed to happen! Come on!"

Gogogo conversation!

Bartender: "Why should we let you just pass by? We'll alert the bridge! You'll have armed guards all over you!"

Persuation Level: -5
Chances: 1

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:26:35 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:15 pm »

Use my powers to fuse the Minigun, and my Turret together. Much safer this way.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 28, 2011, 06:37:12 pm »

Talk to the mysterious person.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 28, 2011, 06:51:29 pm »

Jaffar didn't know why he felt bad about 'killing' Amelia...she was just an A.I. But why did he feel like a murderer? Dammit.

Maybe it was the way she called him silly Human. It was almost affectionate...

Dammit. They had to give her that voice, didn't they?

He waved Varron off.

"One minute, and we're out of here...just one thing...

Come on, somethings got to be left...ah, I'm such a frakking idiot..."

action: Try to do a quick backup data recovery of Amelia the A.I-her personality, if nothing else. Jaffar wants to save her.

Then scoot the hell outta of the ship.

OOC: Really, I'd so love an A.I pal for Jaffar-this is something he'd really feel bad about.

I hope hope hope this works. *finger cross*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »

Herros Recoveres from his brief bout of thinking abut inventions rather than what iis going on, and assess the situation
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 29, 2011, 01:50:27 am »

"Go on, call for backup. The bridge won't hear you. Security won't hear you. Repair teams and janitors won't hear you, either. We've taken control of this ship's AI, and it's under orders to block communication and surveillance systems everywhere we go.
Now that you know there's no cavalry coming, put your guns down and let us through, please. We're here to apprehend a rogue admiral, not kill everyone we meet."

OOC: What Amatin said about the AI is not a misinterpretation on my side. It's a cover story to satisfy our captives' curiosity about the way we disabled the ship's systems. If they dug deep enough to reveal that Herros is the one behind the malfunctions, there's no knowing what they would do.
Which is also the reason Amatin forbade you to talk; if any of the Ross recognize our voices and connect the dots, Herros is as good as dead.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:48:11 pm by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 29, 2011, 04:39:50 am »

Stay in cover. Switch to observation mode.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 29, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »

Roll 34

Locations:

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Caplus responded to the mysterious person.
"How did you get in there?"
"That's for later. Hey man, could you get me out of here? The experiment in here is kind of spreading around the chamber."
"But then it'll escape!"
"No it won't, trust me! It can't survive in ship conditions! It's awfully warm in here!"
"Alright then... *opens door* Wait, where are you..."
The man took off down the hallway and cut around the corner. Caplus followed close behind but the man had disappeared.
"Huh. Well, I better close the chamber then..."
Caplus noticed that the chamber wasn't warm at all. In fact, according to his armor's heat gauge, there was a stream of cold air coming form the vents at the top of the cell.

He decided to forget about the recent affair and instead proceed to the experimental research hall. Inside the hall he found one chamber labelled 'CCES.' He opened the chamber's door and retrieved a glowing orb from a bucket. There were two more, which he picked up as well. Upon storing them on his back, though, he noticed that they repelled away from matter. They did not seem to affect each other at all.

[5] Finished, he exited the lab and conned his way up the bridge elevator.

--------

Varron, believing the job was done, holstered his pistol and said, "So... time to go, right? The crazy Frenchman is in control of the ship, so it's best that we don't stay on here any longer..."
"One minute, and we're out of here...just one thing... Come on, somethings got to be left...ah, I'm such a frakking idiot..."
"Alright then. I'll text Amatin and Caplus while you're finishing up."

Varron took to a corner and did so, before walking over to the door, waiting for Jaffar.
Jaffar, meanwhile, felt rather guilty about 'killing' Amelia. AI's are not just any sort of software. An artificial intelligence is both a combination of software components and hardware components. Because a standard binary computer has never been able to achieve sentience in history, computer science has moved toward using sentient bio-chips made from the frontal cortex of mammals and, sometimes, humans and fish. Some security companies use a combination of reptilian and mammalian brains in their biochips, ensuring that the AI will protect itself as well as be able to communicate effectively and solve basic problems.

As it is, though, most AI's aren't capable of solving something moderately simple to a human. They can interface with a binaric computer to do calculations instantly, but they lack the logical capability of a human.
That doesn't stop them from being something that could be considered, perhaps, 'half a human.' Jaffar felt like he wanted... no, NEEDED some kind of companion. And an AI in his helmet was just that, but he wouldn't have to grieve over the AI's death or make sure the AI didn't die.

And this Frenchman was probably the last person Jaffar would consider for the role.

Jaffar hopped back onto the console, once again plugged in his tablet computer, and started up his RAM scanner. If he could find a biochip, he could probably 'revive' Amelia by overwriting the AI software on a chip.
[1] His RAM scan was interrupted by the screen suddenly flickering. A massive Fleur-de-Lis overtook the screen, interrupted all his programs, and hid the UI. He heard the speakers again, this time with a different, but familiar voice.
"Bonsieur Monsieur, I see that you have found me a better computer. It looks like I have underestimated you."
[2] "Yes, I found you a great computer to run on. It's the main computer of the Ross flagship. But, I did you a favor, now you do one for me."
[3] "Oh this is wonderful. I'll do almost anything. What would you like?"
[4] "Find a trace of an AI in the ship's AM... try not to use too much in case you overwrite it. Okay, just copy the RAM to my tablet and let me do the rest."
"Alright, done! I love this computer!"

Jaffar noticed a folder pop up on his desktop. Good. He unplugged the tablet from the console, made the most French-looking gesture he knew, and went through the door with Varron, intentionally leaving Chase behind.

They both heard the clanging of metal boots against the metal floor. Looking down the hall, they saw a man in rather light-looking black power armor walk up to them. His helmet lifted up, revealing Caplus face.
"Sup guys."

--------

"Wait, what frequency did we tell them to use?" asked Burton.
"I.... I don't think you told them to use a specific one." his crewman responded gravely.
"Hmm..." the Admiral gripped his chin. "Get our best hacker to "
For some reason, everybody paused. The admiral scanned the room, confused. Then, somehow behind him, he heard someone talking to him.
"You called for me sir?"
"Yes, you. I'd like to ask you to go decrypt every channel in the vicinity. Is that too much to ask?"
The individual nodded, then replied before leaving.
"Yes, that's fine."

--------

Zakroff attempted to use his powers to fuse the new minigun onto the turret. [2+1 (tinkering bonus?)] He managed to fuse the minigun to the top of the the machine gun, and link the firing mechanisms and ammo feeds. The spider turret now walked a bit more slowly, but its sticking mechanism remained effective.

--------

Amatin responded,
"Go on, call for backup. The bridge won't hear you. Security won't hear you. Repair teams and janitors won't hear you, either. We've taken control of this ship's AI, and it's under orders to block communication and surveillance systems everywhere we go.
Now that you know there's no cavalry coming, put your guns down and let us through, please. We're here to apprehend a rogue admiral, not kill everyone we meet."

Bartender: "Oh come on. You expect me to believe that? Well I don't, but I might be wrong... Let me test it!"
The bartender grabbed his phone and attempted to radio the bridge. He waited about 30 seconds without a signal.
"Blast. Go on ahead... just don't get us branded terrorists for letting ya through. Keep your guns... as quiet as possible."

The team continued on into the central hub. Here they attracted strange looks from everyone--crewmen, security personnel, and especially the soldiers. Once they reached the elevator floor, the captain of the guard stopped them.

In a rather outraged tone, he shouted,
"What are you doing?"
He was addressing the hostages... apparently thinking that the actual team was being held as prisoners.
"All prisoners are supposed to be transported by more personnel than the number of prisoners. That's the rule! And the brig is near the hangar."
The guard then paused, realizing that he had stepped out of line.
"Oh, it's you... von Fredereich... I see you've got a man wounded, and one of your squad-mates is missing... These prison--"
Amatin interrupted him, "Wow! You don't get it, do you?! This entire attack is rogue!"

"Is it alright if we get some weapons as well?" asked the elite Amatin interrogated before.
Just don't shoot us or you'll be sorry...
The team drew their weapons. Amatin handed the three able allied Ross troops their weapons back. The Ross soldiers in the room drew their weapons as well.
The captain of the guard himself drew his own pair of weapons. Specifically, two large cannons that were previously stored on his back. They braced themselves to his arms to absorb recoil.
"You'll regret this, you will be smeared across the floor at the hand of the armada!"
Additionally, a single MK 23 combat drone rolled out of one of the cargo doors on the elevator floor.

HORATIO STONEWALL
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD

Spoiler: Tips! (click to show/hide)

[5] Oh, and Errol, ignore the map. You're actually to the left of the diagonal large door in the south east corner, unnoticed :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:48:50 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 29, 2011, 03:47:29 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:49:50 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 29, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »

"Now that should do. Lets see if anyone is home my friend." Zakroff said as he walked over to the door, and began typing away at the control panel.

Open Door see who is outside. If it is a foe open fire, and take cover

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 29, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

Make the drone mine

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 29, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »

Kayle took cover and used her detection field to pick out targets, then called out all enemy locations to her allies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107