Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86006 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #450 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:10 am »

adwarf, you're up. PM me how you'd like to enter. If you can't decide, I'll find a way.

Roll 26

New gameplay element: HUD software.

Provided that you have a helmet that supports an HUD, you can install things such as motion trackers, social enhancers, etc, with partial inspiration from the Deus Ex series :P . Abilities might make these redundant. The level of you helmet determines the amount of software you can keep, but of course you can upgrade your helmet.

There are three ways to acquire new pieces of software:
1.) Loot
You can kill enemies and copy their software if they have any. This does not always mean that the software is an improvement over your own. Some enemies may have fail-safes that purge their data if the user dies, however. Data copied from enemies counts as pirated.
2.) Piracy
You can download pirated software if you can find a server that hosts it (mini roll for visiting the site and listing the available stuff). There's a chance that you'll get infected with a virus though (countered by your hacker/computer skill) and there can be legal repercussions as well.
3.) Purchase
Or, you can just buy software online. Make sure you have a secure connection, because you can't buy anything online if your packets can be intercepted and collected. If your ship has secure access, great. Otherwise, get to a station or planet.

By the way, everyone is assumed to have some sort of messaging device. You don't need to waste a slot for a messaging system.

To Do:
-Eject jakeread
-Admit adwarf

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:
----Initially----

Varron looked over his list once more. Was that it? He thought. Looks like it...wait there's one more.
There was a fourth item on the list, albeit written at a 45 degree angle and in sloppy handwriting. Varron made it out as... "Please bring some scrap too, about an armful."

Well, descriptive enough, thought Vorron. He picked up a chunk of steel scrap from the base of what used to be a mysterious tube in the starting room, and went on his merry way. He couldn't help but notice Jaffar acting strangely, however...

----Afterwards----

Kayle sheathed her sword with one arm, launching the Enforcer in her other arm toward the Tachyon blast. [6] The ball phased through her assailant's head, immediately burning out every nerve in his brain,  killing him as the ball phased out the other side, leaving almost no mark on the soldier's armor. Kayle herself [3] narrowly dodged the ball, noting that her armor gave no emergency alarm. That meant the gun was undervolted--probably for safety reasons.
She responded to the tachyon-enforcer by whipping out her rifle, firing [5 - level up] three times, each shot hitting him in the chest, lowering his defense by 1 and dealing 30 damage.

Meanwhile, Herros made his next move, [4] dodging to the right and focusing his rifle on his target, dealing around 30 damage and punching a hole through his chest armor. Injured, the soldier falls to one knee and drops his weapon in surrender.
That's what you get...

Milia, third to attack, decided to take out as many engineers as possible. [2] She moved as far back as possible and fired an arrow, using her power to steer it towards an engineer's head (100 damage). Satisfied with the kill shot, she drew another arrow, but her hand slipped. She managed to get a second one off with equivalent results.

----Also----

Ivan started coughing, his right lung cooperating while his left lung remained under madman control. He panicked a bit, but slowly his panic began to fade, as well as his vision, for that matter. As his view faded to black from the left side, he lost his hearing in his left ear. Slowly, a numbness creeped over his body. Now everything was black, he felt nothing, heard nothing, everything was... lonely. After some time, he saw everything, or at least his surroundings, again. But this time, he saw his body below him, lying motionless.

(Ivan was pronounced medically dead at 1333 UST, Jan 1st, 3094 by forces unknown. His soul lingers as a result of a mishap with a healing attempt.)

Amatin who was just about to order Ivan to use his random spell, cursed under his breath. "Ah well," he began.
He took out his missile launcher and pointed it at the crowd of engineers, who suddenly held still.
"Bye, idiots."

He fired. [4] 10 engineers lay dead in addition to Milia's kills.

----Meanwhile----

After handing Varron the drill, Jaffar glanced at Varron's list to learn about the next item needed. While doing so, his audio tracker (New subsection for Hanover RIG Helmet: HUD Elements) picked up the sound supposedly of a rail gun being fired, coming from behind him. He shrugged it off, purporting it to be the sound... of progress, though he still felt nervous inside. After a few seconds, however, his tracker once again picked up a sound, or actually multiple, including multiple gunshots and an explosion. He realized that the team had entered a skirmish with the ship's crew.

Outwardly, Jaffar stood still, thinking, while giving off an appearance of uncertainty, Varron eyed him through his own visor, but before he could say anything Jaffar blurted out, "Keep working on that thing, I'm going to help Kay...er, our friends."

Jaffar took off, hurrying to reach a bulkhead that had not been there before, as well as a surprised Caplus Orange. He messed with the control panel and started opening the bulkhead, releasing a gush of air into the engine bloc and therefore, space. For a moment, the gunfire stopped. Jaffar leaped over the still-opening bulkead and jumped around the corner, bringing his bolter to bear to the view of twenty engineers knocked down, some dead, and a lone man pointing a large gun at Kayle.

"Get away from her! I mean them!" shouted Jaffar, unloading his magazine at the armed guard. The guard was quickly engulfed in hot plasma.

Time: 1333

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 27, 2011, 03:10:47 am »

Kayle smiled to herself. For an engineer, Jaffar is an awfully good shot. The third guard had surrendered, so Kayle walked over to the Tachyon gun and retrieved it, putting it away for the moment. That in hand, she turned her rifle on the engineers. "Surrender now or die as well." Hopefully they could get some useful knowledge out of them.

Edited as noted.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:34:37 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 27, 2011, 03:18:18 am »

He kind of surrendered :/
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 27, 2011, 06:15:59 am »

Apply first aid to allies in need. Then, go into surveillance mode, pressing ears onto available surfaces and all that.

...I'm pretty sure that I'm not in need of any HUD stuff. :P Although it might make -me- redundant.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 27, 2011, 06:50:38 am »

Recieve required first aid, request tachion gun be kept safe until i can use it for something, Herros then  begins eyeing choice pieces of equipment from thier foes ... oooh maybe the electromagnets from the rail gun could be used to improve the bow he made for millia

the part after the dots was supposed to be a crazed idea
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 27, 2011, 07:13:09 am »

Jaffar walked up and poked the guard with his toe. No life left in this one. He had a moment to recollect himself. He had just totally wasted that guy! Awesome! Most of the time, he tried to avoid trouble...but when he saw the creep pointing a gun at Kayle...he had just reacted on instinct. She's gonna get me killed one day, he thought...

He walked over and inspected the Tachyon Rifle as Kayle picked it up-and frowned as he noticed the voltage inhibitors clamped onto the reactor. No, that was cruel and unusual punishment! Tacyhons were meant to fly free, man! He made a mental note to remove them later for her.

Then, he nodded to Kayle, feeling pretty good about himself.

"I doubt you really needed assisstance, but I heard gunfire and I had to help...I might be an engineer...but, I'm not going let you...or anyone...down when it comes to a firefight."

As Kayle walked to interrogate the Engineeers, he looked down and saw some of the armor the soldiers were wearing. Enforcers Gear? Ooh. Shiny.

Jaffar was at his heart, a scavenger, a bird of prey. He didn't see corpses, exactly-only the spare parts and technology they left behind, and how he could integrate them his own RIG.

Action: Identify everything I can about the Tachyon rifle.
Do the same to the Enforcer Gear
Pick up and identfiy the 'large rifle'
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 27, 2011, 07:26:17 am »

oh dear dwarmin, we have a problem you and I
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 27, 2011, 07:32:53 am »

((Well, bring it up in-character :P
Any excuse to roleplay is a good one!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 27, 2011, 07:52:47 am »

It will come into play next turn, when we both go scavenging at the same time

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:10 am »

The combat was won, the enemy was subdued, and Kayle seemed to be in control of the situation, so Amatin decided not to bring himself and his rage-muddled judgement into the interrogation like he did the last time.
Instead, he tended to Ivan - the Mind Lock had a side effect of turning the body into an anchor for the souls within, and neither Ivan nor the madman could be free as long as the spell functioned. There was also the issue of Ivan's possessions, of course - the cloak had unique powers, and the silver sword was well-fit to channel all sorts of flashy, destructive magic. Giving Ivan a farewell speech wouldn't hurt, either.

"Interesting fact, Ivan: you died in the midst of a battle against superior forces, with wounds that few people ever achieve in several years of warring, yet none of them were caused by anyone but yourself. Aside from the madman's soul, that is, which I implanted while trying to heal said wounds. The irony is a killer. I guess I should request the Medal of Cheddarius now, or something.
In any case, I don't think anyone in the group knew you very well, so I guess you won't get a decent obituary until the mission's over. I'll be taking your cloak and sword; I assure you that the sword will be used in a fascinating way that would literally seize breath from some of our enemies. As for your body, it will probably be annihilated in the nuclear fire or something equally horrible as we keep causing mayhem, so don't worry about not going out with a boom.
Oh, and one more thing: I'm pretty sure your deity of choice will give you an amazing afterlife for as freakish a death as you have died, so there's yet a world of excitement ahead of you. Get ready to depart - and farewell!"

Take Ivan's Cloak and Sword and disrupt the spells on his body with a Life Blast. Don the Cloak after Ivan's freed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:18:43 pm by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 27, 2011, 09:55:12 am »

Jaffar activated his comm, as he picked up the large rifle, sighted it and took out his omnitool to start poking...

He recalled running past Ivan before-barely seeing him-and as he replayed the image in his mind he got a bad feeling.

He spoke out loud over the comm, for the others.

"Come in Amatin. This is Jaffar. Are you guys all right in there? Ivan looked to be in pretty bad shape when I passed him. Does he need a bivouack?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 27, 2011, 12:50:34 pm »

"I'm standing right behind you, Jaffar. No need to yell. Ivan's dead. With two complications. Namely, his body is far too mangled for life infusion to work, and the soul's stuck in the body as a side effect of the spell that was supposed to keep him alive. Can't do anything about the body, but freeing the soul should be easy.
Oh, and if any of you have something to tell him, do so before I finish. He should be within a short distance from the body, close enough to hear what you say. If you can't get here in time, I will relay the words for you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 27, 2011, 01:28:22 pm »

Jaffar flinched. Well, no helping that one. He had already saved the guys life once that day.

Ivan was just another stupid, unlucky sort of person that got caught up in something too big for him. He didn't even know the man, personally-some professors said he was 'time-lost' but nobody said anything specific...amen, anyway...

"Oh-kay. Copy.

Tell him I'll make something people will remember him by, one day."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:30:41 pm by Dwarmin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 27, 2011, 07:33:40 pm »

Return the stuff to Herros.

"Tell Ivan that... Even though I didn't know him well, he was a good man, and that this great expanse we call 'The Universe' is that much more dull for lack of his... colour." Varron said through the comm, after picking up the news of Ivans death. A small pang of regret moved through his mind. Even from a tactical, cold and logical viewpoint the loss of Ivan was just that; A loss.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »

"Tell Ivan that he will always be known as the most accident-prone person I ever knew." The loss of Ivan was not exactly a major one to Caplus. He never really did anything except get injured and draw fire. But it still means one less person to do the mission with.

Once the engineers surrender, scout head a bit to see if there are any more guards nearby.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 107