Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85989 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #420 on: November 16, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »

Uh. Before I make an action, I think we need to sort out who's in which part of the ship. Are Amatin and Ivan separated from Herros's group? Is Caplus with them or with Jaffar?
Oh, and there's a broken tag on the Mind Lock spell description. Just thought you would like to know.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 16, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »

Varron, Jaffar: Searching for Parts
Caplus: By downed engineers, by Varron/Jaffar can reach him
Amatin, Ivan: Doing some weird soul thing.  ??? No idea where you are, exactly

Kayle, Milia, Herros: Soloing the Guards, blocked off from others by bulkhead.

To be my best figuring.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 16, 2011, 04:41:56 pm »

Amatin and Ivan are with you guys, capable of fighting.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 16, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »

Keep the helmet on, use my speech skills to around strange looks.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:49 pm »

Amatin rushed through the octagonal room's doorway and bellowed a direct order - direct, that is, in the most technical sense of the word, as it was laced with disinformation and spiked with opium of the masses - at the enemy inside the room:
"In the name of Stellar Inquisition and Lord our God, you are under arrest for attacking a civilian station, igniting a war and betraying your nation! Drop your weapons and submit to Lord's mercy, or suffer His wrath in this life and next!"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:35:43 pm by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »

Hmm. I'm thinking of revamping the combat system. I'll roll this turn with the proposed system, just to see how it works out. Look over your weapons to see how much damage your weapons do.

Defense now reduces incoming damage by the corresponding amount. I'll probably upgrade your armor later on to provide a higher level of defense.

Roll 25

Locations:

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Events:

Amatin rushed into the octagonal room and bellowed out an order. Not just any order, but a direct order to the entire body of antagonists in the room.
"In the name of Stellar Inquisition and Lord our God, you are under arrest for attacking a civilian station, igniting a war and betraying your nation! Drop your weapons and submit to Lord's mercy, or suffer His wrath in this life and next!"

There was a silence as the opposing side stood in awkward contemplation. (-1 to their turns)

Kayle broke the silence first with a swift draw of her sword. She quickly slung her rifle over her shoulder and dashed forward, gripping the blade with both hands and [1+2] slashing at the now-surprised guard that had previously attempted to locate the party.  Kayle ripped through the soldier's gear with a diagonal cut, the resonating blade for 66 damage ignoring his armor. The guard screamed in pain, jumped backward, [5] but Kayle grabbed him and brought the sword to his throat.
"Checkmate."

Herros followed suit, attempting to disarm the other two Enforcers by sweeping his particle rifle and damaging their weapons. [2+1] Both guards ducked out of the way upon seeing Herros with a beam weapon. They both identified Herros as the biggest threat for now, took aim, and began firing. Herros saw one of them charge a handheld device, a long one to be specific, with two large prongs jutting from the barrel as well as blue lights lining the sides. Herros resented the lack of nearby cover, and fired again at the man charging the weapon, [1+1] He missed horribly.

The Enforcer's gun finished charging and let out a plume of plasma. Herros felt something impact his chest, but he didn't see it (49 damage). Rail gun... blast them! thought Herros. He didn't quite want to look down and see what the impact had done, but he started to feel a searing pain in his chest and back.
Milia came to Herros' assistance... a bit late nonetheless [5] shot the Enforcer in the head with an imbued arrow, dealing a whopping 64 damage and blasting the soldier off of his feet from the force used.
However, Herros turned his attention away from his wound, and to the other soldier. The soldier hesitated. Both Herros and his target and would-be slayer exchanged visor stares for about a second, before his adversary turned and fired at Herros' party. This soldier launched a ball of purple matter that moved with moderate velocity. Herros immediately recognized this as tachyon weaponry. Which happens to bypass any an all armor and go through ANYTHING.
"Stay away from that ball!" shouted Herros in advance to warn the group. He then thought about looting that tachyon gun... these weapons were often prone to shooting allies through walls, given their phasing properties. He hypothesized that a form of melee weapon could be made given an emitter of tachyons, in order to offset this effect by controlling the blast of particles.

The engineers in the room, not yet broken in morale, have mostly drawn their weapons and are about to begin firing. Everyone hide behind the gunner! Kayle?

-----

Caplus removed his power armor and activated its self compression system, where it would fold into a small easily-manageable chunk of steel. He left his helmet on to avoid rupturing his own lungs. He then put on an HEV suit from one of the dead crewmen which Amatin subdued. He finally concocted a story about his power suit being out of blinker fluid in order to quell any suspicions.

-----

Varron began to look for the next item in the list: Rubber tubing. [5] He tripped over one. Kneeling down to observe it, he found that it was in perfect condition. He just needed to remove it without damaging it. He found an offline control panel at the base of the glass tube in the center of the room. The rubber tube he was concerned about was attached directly underneath the panel. He pressed the screen with his finger, and to his surprise, it turned on. It presented him with the question: "Remove input tube for maintenance?" He obviously pressed yes. The tube then dropped down in top of Varron's head.

Jaffar then came in, having somehow acquired a very large drill bit from a fallen engineer.
Jaffar handed the drill head to Varron while remarking "I got his ship keys too. I'll be keeping those."

Time: 1332

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:42:56 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2011, 01:12:28 pm »

Jaffar was about to look for the next item when his HUD pinged. His suits audio detection systems read muffled weapons fire and power flux...behind him?

Past the bulkhead door. Why had the others had gone ahead without the rest of the team, he didn't know, but knew she...they might in trouble.

"Keep working on that thing, I'm going to help Kay...er, our friends."

He hurried forward, crouching down in a side corridor and a began working on a nearby control panel which he was sure led to the door. He could hear impact tremors as blasts rebounded off of it, and didn't want to get shot as he came in.

Get that bulkhead door open and join the fight. Shoot at whoever is targeting Kayle, or failing that, whoever she is shooting at.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2011, 01:22:25 pm »

Kayle immediately sheathed her sword, drew her rifle, and shoved the man she had grabbed into the approaching plasma ball. Now freed of his encumbrance, she dived away from it herself and fired a few shots at the Enforcer carrying the tachyon gun.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »

Herros Dodges to the right and opens fire on the Tachyon Gunner
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 19, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »

Note: Ivan's no longer Pale. Also, I believe that Kayle's 5 on an attack roll gives her a skill-up in the Fighter skill, no?
The new system looks good. Easy to kill, easy to die. A few questions about it:
How is the spell damage calculated?
Are the to-hit rolls hidden for the enemy, or do they have guaranteed hits?
How do players' dodging and defense skills affect the results?

"Ivan! Counter the enemy's purple sphere with your main spell! Now!"
Order Ivan to throw his random-whatever-ball on the purple-ball-thingy. And step away from their estimated point of collision, just in case it actually works.
After that, swap my Impact Hammer for the Missile Launcher and send a missile into the biggest crowd of engineers in the room.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:19:19 pm by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2011, 08:33:49 pm »

Note: Ivan's no longer Pale. Also, I believe that Kayle's 5 on an attack roll gives her a skill-up in the Fighter skill, no?
Indeed.

How is the spell damage calculated?
I've yet to finish it for everyone. Currently I think only one person has an updated spell set. Expect a finished one either in a mini roll or next roll.

Are the to-hit rolls hidden for the enemy, or do they have guaranteed hits?

I assume you are talking about a player being attacked by an enemy.

Enemy attacks you -> You dodge (You roll a D6, enemy rolls a D6, if your D6 is higher than the enemy's, you dodge.)
You attack enemy -> You roll

That makes no sense whatsoever, but it would become seriously annoying if enemies dodged half your attacks. Maybe for some bosses, but then again that's what's nice about an RTD or this kind of roleplay in general. You're not limited to just the rules, you can work around them or even outright break them. :)

How do players' dodging and defense skills affect the results?

Dodge Chance -> +1 to your roll during dodging
Defense -> -1 damage per defense point. Hence most armors got a buff. I might further buff it, but probably not.
Accuracy -> +1 to your hit roll, and extra damage for precision weapons such as sniper rifles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 19, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »

On that account, how DO we get spells? Some people started with them, others used the library-can Jaffar try and improvise them in the field without certain disasterous results?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 19, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

Spells are gained by casting a spell similar to your existing ones but not exactly... it's slightly difficult to describe even though it's simple in concept.

EG Amatin had life transfer. He then killed someone by sucking their life out instead of just weakening. Now, he has a spell that kills people by sucking their life out.
As long as you have some ability in the general field of what you're trying to do, you can try a lot of different things. I try to be flexible. It's mostly dependent on the situation.

For example, with your heartless spell, you can do all sorts of things that sacrifice your health. If you decide to move into the school of conjuration, you could, say, attempt to construct something out of your own HP, though you'd need a transmutation spell as well.

Okay... I'm not making sense, am I. Well, as a general statement, lets decide that you can excel in around 3 fields of magic before you'll need libbraries and training to gain more. If you have less that three (Necromancy, Material Conjuration, Elemental Conjuration (Fire, Electricity, etc), Destruction, Alteration, etc.) then you can experiment with one to try and gain it.

Also, if you roll a 5 while using a spell, you'll gain experience with it or perhaps gain a new spell in the same field.

Or you can be Ivan and use a spell to randomly give yourself spells.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 19, 2011, 09:20:35 pm »

I suppose Jaffar might get abjuration, conjuration and Technocromancy. Okay the last one is a work in progress. :3

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:30 pm »

Technically that should be Technotaugy, Technomancy would be telling the future with technology

Well Herros would Be Elemental COnjuration (His active) Technotaugy (Passive) and I am not sure what the other would be
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107