Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86003 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2011, 08:11:52 am »

@DBZ: I've noticed that you were missing quite a big percentage of actions lately - even the vital ones, such as Caplus's find-the-plot-HEV action. Is there a purpose for such occurences?

Amatin turned to see Herros, Milia and Kayle gone, and only the First Team standing nearby. Caplus still didn't have any disguise on.
"Alright, Caplus, take off that power armor and get into the dead engineer's HEV suit. If you can't hide the cloak underneath the suit, give it to me. The same goes about your cloak, too, Jaffar.
...Oh, and if any soldiers come looking and you're hanging around in your disguises instead of infiltrating the ship like you should, I'll take you two in a headlock and threaten to kill you unless the soldiers drop their weapons. Get moving if you don't want to play hostage!
"

Amatin glanced back at Ivan and remembered that he didn't sense the madman's soul leaving as he died. That meant a rather grim interpretation of what happened during the spell.
What was left of the madman's mind must have seized control of Ivan's body, but was too damaged by the transition to act on its own. Separating the minds as Amatin had done before could rip something vital from Ivan in the process, so blunt force wasn't an option; however, if the madness was slowly leaked outside the brain and bound there, Ivan's mind would get back in charge.
Such magic wasn't all that different from the typical necromancy, but far more structured than the silent quick-fix sort of spells Amatin preferred to use. In other words, it had to be performed as a short ritual.

Compose a Rite of Exorcism, designed not to remove weaker spirits from the target's body, but merely to prevent them from affecting anything important. Perform it on the Red-Green Madness inside Ivan.
If I fail and Ivan remains paralyzed, take his cloak and sword with me and leave him here. With any luck, the ship's crew will think he's just one of the engineers and take him to the medical.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2011, 08:21:48 am »

"Erm, my suit is custom. I've got extra space."

Jaffar chuckled-he removed his cloak, rolled it up and pressed a few buttons on his wrist.

A few seconds later, he popped it into an airtight container on his left leg, which closed a few moments later with a wheezy pneumatic hiss.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2011, 11:45:56 am »

@DBZ: I've noticed that you were missing quite a big percentage of actions lately - even the vital ones, such as Caplus's find-the-plot-HEV action. Is there a purpose for such occurences?

It's a result of pure forgetfulness :S
I have a tendency to forget a lot with this new text layout. While I suppose it might be nicer to read, it's more difficult to type out and include everyone. If we had less people it would likely be more successful, but I think I'll go back to the old layout for the time being, until enough people die ;)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »

"One moment." Kayle approached the door and looked around, trying to sense the area beyond it.

Can I have a mini-turn for the results of my Detection Field check? ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2011, 06:26:51 pm »

Ack, sorry for the really long wait. I can't roll now, but a mini-turn and a stats section of the character sheets should suffice until then. Sorry!

[6] Kayle peered at the wall, straining her eyes to the point of fading out all else from her perception. Her brain now focused only on the blits themselves and nothing else. To her squadmates, she appeared to be staring blankly into the door.

Kayle managed to make out roughly 20 people, give or take one. Three of them actually appeared to be wielding long rifles. Everyone was wearing bulky suits of some sort, and a few others were holding various objects.

Ivan notices that his cloak is glowing purple...

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »

Thanks. ^^^

"Around 20. Three have guns; the others are holding items but I can't make them out. Everyone appears to be wearing HEV suits if I were to guess. I would further speculate it is a group of engineers being protected by a few guards in case anyone came this way." She turned to Milia. "I'll indicate where the guards are when you're ready to enter. If we neutralize them quickly the engineers should be so surprised they'll surrender without a fuss and our cover should stay intact."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2011, 07:39:56 pm »

Herros readied his rifle in case the plan got the go-ahead

"Which way are the guards facing, We have 3 weapons here, if we can fire before the guards, that will be game over for them"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2011, 12:44:20 am »

Roll 24

Locations:

Events:

Amatin notified Jaffar that he (Jaffar) couldn't wear the cloak.

Jaffar chuckled.
"Erm, my suit is custom. I've got extra space."

He pressed a button on his wrist and rolled up his cloak, opening a compartment in his suit--attached to his left leg--and put the cloak inside the compartment. With another press of a button, the compartment snapped shut with a pneumatic hiss. Jaffar turned around and decided he would then assist Varron, heading to the back.

Hauling Ivan along, Amatin pondered what he'd just done. It  seemed that the madman's soul did not meld into Ivan's, but instead occupied his body, constantly wrestling control to and away from Ivan himself. Great. Since there were now two souls in one body... he couldn't just wipe the souls out. He decided to perform a quick rite on Ivan, in order to separate the madman's soul from Ivan's.
After mumbling a few obscure words he remembered, he locked the soul into a spot in Ivan's body. [3] His powers, somewhat dampened, had a bit of difficulty restoring Ivan control of his entire body, but it worked. Wait, no, it worked halfway. Fine for now... he can still limp.

Caplus hobbled over to one of the downed engineers and acquired a Ross HEV suit. However, in a vaccum, he'd need to keep his helmet on or there would be dire consequences...

Kayle finished observing and snaped back into the real world. Herros asked her, "Which way are the guards facing? We have 3 weapons here, if we can fire before the guards, that will be game over for them."
She answered him and said that the guards were facing away from the party.
"Alright, good. We can get the drop on them."
Bringing her rifle to bear, she headed to the control panel to open the door, being the most heavily-armored of the attack team--beside the absent Varron. She waited as Milia pressed her ear on the door, listening. [5] (Observer skill gained!)
Milia started to hear words... in fact, she heard it clearly--almost as clear as she would a regular conversation right next to her. It went on something like this...

"Are you sure that noise wasn't just part of the ship? You know what happened..." one of the voices was saying. This one had a clear Italian feel to it. Another replied, this time in a deeper, strict Ross accent:
"Bah, it just started a few minutes ago. First the thud, then a sudden depressurization. I know it's an infiltration screwing up when I hear it. I could be wrong, but you never know."
"I suppose, go ahead then. By the way, aren't all the doors unlocked?"
"Yah, they're unlocked so that the crew can get to safety. It's standard procedure."
"Well, it's a security risk. Command's crazy about 'preserving life' and all that. I don't like the new president. He always enforces these silly rules..."
"You know, I'm inclined to agree. But that's for later. I really need to check the hall."

She then started hearing footsteps. They were getting minutely louder and louder. If the group was to strike, it should strike now!
"They're coming... open the door. Catch them by surprise!"
"On it!" she shouted, pressing the button that opened the door. There was an error on the screen... apparently the room was depressurized. Huh. She didn't knowledge. But this box did show up prompting "Release bulkhead y/n (Can be retracted)." Kayle decided to press yes. A bulkhead slammed behind Kayle... separating the others from Jaffar, Caplus, and Varron... for now. Next, the door hissed and slid upward in a fashion concordant with the previous doors.

The door opened up to reveal a large octagonal room with a moderately high ceiling--approximately 5 meters. In the center of the room was a mob of 20 or so crewmen, all wearing HEV suits. Also present were three men equipped in Enforcer gear... [2] nobody recognized the armor at all. It was a new model, it seemed. One soldier was halfway in between the party and the mob of crewmen.

A silence broke out as the crewmen reached for their pistols, while the soldiers--battle hardened, raised their guns. Both sides were left awkwardly pointing their guns at each other without a word.

You can use your turn to identify the soldier's gear, if you wish.

-----

Varron lifted a piece of scrap. Since there was no gravity here, he had to exert very little. Next, he pushed the scrap to the other side of the room, then slammed it into the door. The door was blasted from its frame. Varron reached up and, which aid of his powers, managed to tear the door's motor out... or at least a cylindrical object with an axle. Hopefully it's a motor.

Next, varron proceeded to the next room. He noticed that the next room was identical in shape to the previous--ten meters high and cylindrical. However, there was no hole in the middle. Rather, there was a large glassy tube in the center of the room. He couldn't help but notice flickers in the center. he also noticed that his scrap bit had penetrated the tube and punched a hole, though the tube did not shatter. Therefore, he concluded, it wasn't glass, but something else. Maybe it was that way for a reason? He investigated the hole, found nothing coming in or out, and then reached in. Suddenly, three balls of... something indescribable shot out of the hole in the tube. Upon grabbing  them with his mind and bringing them in for inspection, he noted that they repelled away from his arm when he tried to touch them. Furthermore, they seemed incredibly shiny. So shiny that they had no discernible details under the light of his suit-mounted lantern. They emitted no heat, luckily. Odd. Varron decided he'd have his cloak drag them around with him so that he could observe them later. It was too dark without using his lantern.

Varron heard footsteps. Turning around, he saw Jaffar.
"Why hello."

Time: 1329

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:08:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:26 am »

Kayle figured the best thing to do was what no one was expecting: go melee. Whipping out her vibro blade, she dashed at the closest guard and went for a slash across the chest.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:53 am »

Look at the list, and start searching for the next item. Show/give the list to Jaffar as well so he can help me search.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2011, 06:42:04 am »

Herros attempts to disarm the enemies, by hitting their weapons more vital parts with millions of little particles per second, he will also quickly move to the right
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2011, 06:48:40 am »

"Yeah, that's over there...I'm standing on it. No, my left, not your left...don't touch that...REALLY don't touch that...pick it up by the tangs, not the lever...make sure these don't come into contact...don't drop it, please. You would kill us all..."

Awkwardly assist Varron to the best of my ability
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:42 pm »

Power headshot one of the men wearing Enforcer gear? Nobody expects the Arrowquisition. Then, step back, prepare a multi-arrow trickshot, let the melee guys handle melee.

Seriously though 23 v 3 is kind of overwhelming odds. I hope that once we get rid of the soldiers their resistance is broken, but... strength in numbers... would probably be best to kill the soldiers and then crush the morale of the others somehow.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2011, 01:58:02 pm »

Hopefully the engineers will fold once we get rid of the guards.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »

((OOC: Unles they're all badass combat engineers like Jaffar, you guys should be okay. :P
Just kill the soldiers before all of them decide to be heroes. ))

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 107