Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85978 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

Almost forgot about this. Whoops.
Anyway, how many 5's are required for a skill-up?

If Dwarmin fails to disable the prisoners his way, Transfer Life from one(or both, if possible) of the engineers to Ivan. Don't hold back on the life-taking stage - take everything. But try to drain their life starting with the head - maybe that way, their brains will die before they feel any pain.
After the prisoners are dealt with, go with Herros.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2011, 12:44:38 pm »

Oh, just one 5. Forgot to raise the skill, haha.
Oh wait, there is no magic user skill... maybe I should add that in? I always felt that a 5 gives you new abilities to play with, which it did.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2011, 04:23:34 am »

I'm fine with abilities. Giving bonuses to spellcasting in its entirety would be a bit unbalanced, and dividing the magic into schools sometimes turns out to be a meaningless overcomplication. Spellcraft, however, as something that describes rolls concerned with creating user-defined spells, seems to be a good item to add into the list of acquirable skills.
I, however, have this sudden itch to rule-lawyer things a bit for the sake of weaponization of divination-type spells: Alignment Vision seems to have a side effect of giving a magical link of a sympathetic type to the viewed person, like an imaginary voodoo doll. If that functionality was listed in the ability's description, I'd be more than happy to exploit it in cruel and unusual ways.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:30:26 am by HmH »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2011, 05:06:29 am »

Can I have a spot on the waiting list? From the looks of it, no one ever dies :\. But I still want a spot if possible.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Space Wizards
« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2011, 07:47:30 pm »

Roll 23

@micelus added
@HmH Perhaps if you exercise the spell a bit more, you might be able to do that. But the ability only lets do see if someone has good or bad intentions, not directly control them.

Locations:
Spoiler: Aurora (click to show/hide)

Events:

Herros licked his chapped lips. Through his helmet, nobody could see him, though.
Alright, time to do his, he thought. Ross are short little scum. I guess they're just as short as we are, but we have intellect, they have stupid fanciful operating systems... they look like they're made for children!
He lifted his rifle, ran a pulse of energy through the length of his arm, channeling it into the rifle's receptor. He had designed the rifle to be charged primarily using his remarkable ability to generate energy out of nothing but sheer whim. But he always kept a few energy cells around just in case his powers failed him, which they never have. Herros glanced over to Kayle, and shouted over his shoulder, "Cover me, I'm moving in."

Kayle nodded, but first turned to Jaffar and told him to disable the prisoner's communication systems if Amatin and Caplus were done with them. Jaffar nodded and turned around, supposedly beginning his task. Kayle turned back to Herros and saw that he was already making his way around the corner up ahead, recklessly
Well, she thought, if he gets himself killed, it's not like me fault. Heh.
She drew her own weapon and hurried over to the corner, staring hard at the wall in order to observe any motion. [4] She saw what was obviously Herros' signature, but she also noticed a rather large cluster of smaller red blobs. Either Herros is in trouble, or there's a door in the way. If there's a door, we'll have the element of surprise...
Suddenly, a hand fell on her suit's shoulder.

Milia walked up, in a slight state of shock from watching Amatin.
"Don't move, I'm going to listen to figure out what's up ahead," she said.
Kale nodded, second time this turn, and turned her focus toward her rifle while Milia stood still, cancelling out all the sounds she heard.

Now it was all silent. Her mind carefully filtered all familiar sounds out of her mind, reporting only new ones. [3] She still heard nothing.

Meanwhile, Amatin pondered his course of action. One crewman was dead. The other was supposedly insane. Jaffar was working on the third one, but that didn't mean that he wasn't insane first, victim to a shattered reality. The Ross were the most pompous race he could ever conceive. They insisted on their own strengths and never talked about their misfortunes. Well, that was about to change. Thanks to Herros, they'd probably all go crazy over why their cameras aren't working. Sooner or later they'll find out, but not before he reached the bridge, Amatin believed.

But with the this 'Steinfield' dolt either truly insane or feigning it, he'd be useless. Therefore, Amatin thought, Amatin could transfer this guy's life into Ivan as well, just to make ensure Ivan's survival through the mission.
[2] Amatin once again entered his alternate-reality, and searched for Steinfield's energy. In front of him, it appeared a dizziness-inducing splatter of red and green... this guy had such a weak mind. He snatched it away, and thrust it into Ivan. In the real world, Steinfield stopped twitching--now dead, and Ivan fell over!
"Oh... oh dear. Something's wrong..."

Amatin pondered for a moment about what he'd just done to Ivan that could have hurt him. He kneeled over Ivan, gently slapping. With no response, he increased the intensity of his blows. That still didn't work...

Ivan struggled to get up. Something just happened... something he had no idea about. Maybe Amatin should have tested his powers first...
Ivan's entire body felt numb... it didn't respond, it was as if he had lost control. Even his eyes failed him... He decided to doze off for a moment and play a mental game of tetris while he presumed Amatin would make sure to fix his body.

Jaffar linked up his portable computer (he has one, right?) to the socket on the crewman's suit. The crewman shook around for a moment, but after a few quick lines of code the suit entered lockdown mode. Normally, lockdown was intended to be used when being sucked out of a vacuum or falling from a height, in order to prevent loss of limbs. It also worked to immobilize the crewman. [5+1=6] Next, he typed in the following:
Code: [Select]
>systemconfig
Enter Password:
>Swordfish
Access Granted
>???
Options:
-s system
Affects the corresponding system
-e
Enables the system
-d
Disables the system

>systemconfig -s comm -d
Comms disabled. Have a nice day!

Too easy.

Varron engaged his suit's life-support again, and, after prompting Herros for and downloading a quick list of parts that Herros required, walked through the opening left by the first door the group had entered. The group should really seal that gap... he thought. On second thought, maybe he should...
The ship had systems to equalize the pressure, right? But this likely consisted of bulkheads that would be difficult to penetrate... ah, right. Herros knew this all along. Varron decided that he had better hurry and find the parts Herros needed.

"Alright, first in the list... a high strength motor..."
He entered the other side of the room, and attempted to force the door open. He could probably grab a motor from that, if he could get it free. But the door wouldn't budge. He needed a way to get through.

Current Time: 1328

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:49:43 am by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

Continue to.......stand there.
EDIT: Get into the new HEV suit
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:30:32 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

Kayle glanced at Milia, awaiting her word on whether to charge in guns blazing or wait for the others.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2011, 03:25:53 am »

What did I see? was there a door?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »

Oh, whoops. Yes, there is a door. You can blast it open, you can knock, you can do whatever. Or just open it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »

Wait for the others to be ready, while that is happening examine the door closely
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2011, 10:54:18 pm »

Uh..

Did you roll my action?

Ivan thanks Amatin and tried to threaten the scientist with my gun by pointing it at his forehead.....The safety is on right....Eh it'll be fine.

Uh.. you saw my action right?
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2011, 11:58:43 pm »

Find a way to get through, utilising my abilities or otherwise.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »

Uh..

Did you roll my action?

Ivan thanks Amatin and tried to threaten the scientist with my gun by pointing it at his forehead.....The safety is on right....Eh it'll be fine.

Uh.. you saw my action right?

Well one's dead and Jaffar's working on the other. And no interrogation got done anyway.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2011, 04:09:12 am »

I can't hear anything, but those doors might as well be airtight. Let's cautiously advance for now, there seems to be no fighting. Kayle, what's your findings?

After that, move towards the door, press ear on it, continue listening.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

Jaffar finished with the prisoners and strolled off, to join Herros
"Those guys are down for the count. You need some help? Honestly, I could build a better one myself..."

Finish disabling the prisoners, then help Varron find the parts.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 107