Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85975 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

A holster is for pistols. A gauss rifle is not a pistol. Definitely not.

Ideally HEN would have the rifle on a strap or some such, allowing him to sling it over his shoulder in an equivalent action to holstering it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

Spoiler: Cyrian Lore (click to show/hide)

Hope that's all right, I took a bit of liberty with the timeline by inserting a war. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2011, 09:35:42 pm »

I already have an entry in the first post for the Cyrian homeworld but.... I like yours better. ;) I might replace mine with something more akin to your rendition. Makes more sense, anyhow.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »

Thanks. ^^^ I actually didn't see that even though I checked... sorry about that. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards
« Reply #349 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:23 pm »

SC2 Mapping :)

Anyway, school's been a bit intensive with IB and all, so I apologize if this roll isn't of very good quality. I'll try to write some better stuff soon.

Roll 20

Locations:
Spoiler: Aurora (click to show/hide)

Events:

[3] Herros leaned over the pit. The chasmal gap in the floor almost tugged him into the deep abyss of the ship's blacked inside. This place was... more massive than Herros had originally believed it to be.
He lifted his head up and ceased staring down into the hole--and instead observed the two doors. Both were analogous to the doors in place on the Griffin. They opened upwards--the locking mechanism consisting of a large clamp that held the door shut from below. But the doors on the Griffin were operable; the doors on the Aurora were powered down and inoperable. Herros could only imagine the terror any engineers still trapped inside would face... being trapped in a vacuum with dwindling oxygen supplies, relying on limited battery power to scrub the CO2 from their own breath in order to live.

Speaking of these engineers, Herros began to focus on the mission itself. He had to get one of the doors open, but he didn't know how... perhaps the Ross fellow would know. Seeing as the electronic signs indicating where he was were offline, he had no choice but to rely on Caplus' memory.
"Hey Caplus," he shouted.
Caplus turned to face him and replied.
"Yeah?"
"Open this door for me, will ya?"

Caplus obliged, and floated his way to the door as Herros lifted his rifle and followed suit. Caplus' armor wasn't designed for zero-G environments. It was an older model and lacked the magnetic boots that the Ross HEV suits possessed. So while Herros and the others casually walked along the walls and ceiling, Caplus was forced to rely on his knowledge of ballistic trajectories. Good thing he had minored in Newtonian physics...
He inspected the door, tapping it gently and listening to the reverberations. There were none. These doors were thick. Very thick. It would take a lot of force to open them, a breaching charge would likely only punch a small hole, so it would be best placed on the floor below the door in order to destroy the locking mechanism.
But the party had no breaching charges. They had no sort of industrial cutter as well.

"I'm not sure if we can get through this..."
"Hold on, let me try my sword... heh," Kayle remarked.

[4] Amatin had another idea. He used the HEV suit's built-in Geiger counter to probe the pit in the ground. He first moved a large tube out of the way--which leaked some kind of gas, mind him--and stood next to the pit. His suit immediately responded with several warnings indicating radiation. That must be the fuel line. He announced this to the others.

"I think the fuel line might be down there... they've shut the engines off for a reason--if some of that fuel leaks out of the ship and comes into contact with neutrons from the exhaust, there's going to be a chain reaction that'll light this entire place up."

[6] Jaffar contemplated the situation. Where was the shooting? Hmm.
He investigated one of the tubes on the floor. They came from the ceiling--no, they were clamped to the ceiling and originated from the wall. Now they were hanging in the middle of the room. The scrap on the floor intrigued Jaffar. There used to be a machine before, but the slug from the repeaters bore straight down the middle. He examined what was left of it... on the floor lay curved panels. He tried to lift one--but it was far too heavy. Perhaps it was some kind of radiation shield. Maybe he could use one as an improvised shield if he could cut it down to size. But the machine in the  center--it had been a cylinder of sorts. Probably that fuel line Amatin was talking about. It must have run vertically through this room, and there might have been multiple rooms like this one below and above it.

Jaffar made his way to the door that the others were trying to wrestle open. Unlike the others, he took a more direct approach. He silently removed his plasma rifle and--to the sudden panic of everyone in the room--warmed it up and fired.

Huh... no explosion.
"What's with the looks on your faces? This gas is fissile. It doesn't ignite like combustion fuel, it takes a load of neutrons instead."
With that, he turned to the door and brushed aside some of the molten steel that was left of the clamp keeping the door shut. He wedged a piece of scrap below the door and pushed downward on his end, but the door didn't budge as there was a clamp on the other side.

He fired at the clamp three more times, and used the scrap to open the door. Light shone through the doorway. On the other side was a bright steel-walled hallway which led to a large square room with a stairwell in the middle, and a single wide door on the other side. Amatin led the team forward, and encountered a control panel to the right of the large door. Since the lights were on, the power wasn't disabled to this part of the ship, and thus the panel should open the door. 

Current Time: 1320

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »

Move ahead through the hallway and use the panel to open the door. If that fails, Shoot the hinges with my Gauss rifle.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 15, 2011, 05:46:10 am »

While the others attempt to open the door, herros will attempt to hack into the ross ship's computer using the pannel
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:00:10 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 15, 2011, 06:52:23 am »

"Let me check for security...no one touch anything. We don't want them to know they've got boarders, now do we?"

Jaffar sweeps ahead of the team, on the look out for traps and alarms. He stops anyone from poking at any panels for fear of alerting the ship security.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:39:40 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 15, 2011, 07:03:48 am »

Investigate the staircase, see if it leads anywhere interesting. If possible, take Varron and Milia with me.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2011, 10:16:55 am »

I'm sorry guys, but judging from your actions, you are so in for it :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2011, 10:37:53 am »

Yeah, and remember we're all dimwits who have no idea what you are talking about.  :P

I guess we should all stop poking at panels or something?

I mean, the ship would know when someone is acessing systems in an area thats not supposed to have any crew...Lets change our actions Wolf, Highendnoob, yeah? Unless we want a horde of guards on us.

Edit: Changed my action!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

Kayle, after making sure she was the last one through, closed the door after her and looked around for something to secure it with.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:41 am »

sorry, Herros thinks he is infallible, gonna have to keep my action or break character

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »

While the others attempt to open the door, herros will attempt to hack into the ross ship's computer using the pannel

Alright, just so that I don't hold everyone else up while I do your action, I'll split it up into multiple small posts while everyone else finishes their actions.

---

Herros was the first to make it across the hall. He claimed the control panel and immediately tapped it to wake the screen.
It started to display a logo that Herros had never seen before... two diamonds, one above the other, rotating in different directions. After just a second, the diamonds flew off the top and bottom edges of the screen and the words "Loading UI Elements" faded into view as the screen turned from black to white. Finally, three colored squares appeared and started to slowly and rather inconspicuously orbiting each other. Each had a looping animation--one displayed a door opening, another displayed a flashing universal 'off' sign. The third one displayed a key turning a lock. This interface was alien to Herros.... he had never utilized Ross technology before... but it seemed so... user friendly...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2011, 05:56:59 pm »

Herros Looks closer at the opening door
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 107