Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85949 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »

Questions about the ship: how big is the corvette in terms of people required for its full functioning? How many people can fit into it without overcrowding? Does it have any crew? How many and which turrets are there on the ship? What are its defenses?

Since it'll be in the next roll, you'll be flying something kind of like this:

Spoiler: Big (click to show/hide)

Armament (Most of these are Centauri weapons refitted to be mounted on the ship):

Code: [Select]
1x Nova I35 Salt Driver (10 shots) - A type of ion driver which projects highly unstable salts as ammunition, mixed with a chemical agent intended to trigger a chain reaction on contact with a plasma-based pre-shot. Depending on the salts used, deadly gases or chemicals may also be produced, harming the enemy crew, with flouride salts being an example. This weapon is extremely effective against most targets due to its high thermal output and explosive force, and is preferable to 'brute force' iron drivers which forcibly charge particles using energy drawn from the ship's reactor. However, it uses ammunition (salts) quickly and may sometimes fail to detonate on fast-moving targets.

1x MiliTech Vulcan (32225 cartridges) - A monster of a gun capable of firing off explosive rounds at 5270 RPM. It will shred a ship's hull and even penetrate armor, but most shields will stop it due to its low mass and energy per bullet.

3x MiliTech F90 Tri-Barrel Flak Cannon (390 cartridges) - A cannon that fires large-radius fragmentation rounds, dealing heavy damage to multiple enemy vessels with little or no armor. With a direct impact, though, medium armor may be penetrated.

2x D11 Particle Gun - An independent invention by a travelling Centauri merchant, designed to provide light anti-fighter capability using dense particles as ammunition. Low energy drain.

2x D12 Tachyon Bolter - A more popular invention by the same guy--this gun fires clusters of tachyons which go through enemy ships, scrambling the inner hull at the same time. This weapon has a low damage output and isn't known for its stopping power, but rather its high rate of fire and the possibility of a small ship utilizing it, dealing disproportionate amounts of damage to unwary vessels. High power drain.

4x Navy H2 Gauss Repeater (48 slugs) - An official cannon designed to punch holes in enemy armor quickly and effectively. The ammunition is heavy and hard to transport in bulk, but the weapon itself fires devastating 200mm slugs made from hardened tungsten, punching through shields and armor with ease. Forward-facing.

1x D13 Shell Cannon - The final invention this guy made before he died an unfortunate death testing it. It fires a shell filled with fragments, dealing fragmentation-based damage over a short distance. Its main attraction is the ability to essentially neutralize fighters within its massive spread. Backward-facing to prevent self-damage.

It's a rather small ship, actually. It'll take the following positions, but some can be filled by drones and the ship's AI, which are present. You can fit around 20 or so crew members in (that's how many sleeping cabins there are) but it'll fit 10 more passengers comfortably, plus any spaces you have open from the crew. It's got hydroponics bays and such, Ross brag about their ships being capable of operating for large periods of time. Admittedly, it does require one to bring less supplies.

Code: [Select]
Captain - Gives orders / Navigates
Navigator - Optional
Pilot - Controls physical movement.
Gunner(s) - Operates weapon Systems
Maintenance - ...

Those are the required positions. Extra positions would be helpful, such as someone who can read sensor results effectively, someone with actual navigating experience (not needed now), computer technicians to keep the systems online, etc.

That cloak just seems made for rules lawyering. Does it increase jump power in any way? Could I theoretically carry the entire station and not receive encumbrance?

I'll refrain from that, though, but the concept makes me chuckle. Stuff I could not even lift normally is right out for purposes of not upsetting the GM. So is flight. It'd be annoyingly slow anyway.

Yes, I figured. Anyway, it increases jump height in that you're not weighed  down by anything, so you'll be able to jump while carrying supplies, etc, for everyone. Hmm, what's the name of the party member who carries everything around? There's a trope for it, I think.
Anyway I hope you don't became that. :P It helps with agility and stealth, since you won't make noise. I should add a stealth bonus, or maybe just have it be implied.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:54 pm »

Yeah, really impressive but we need to paint a sharks face on the nose. :I
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:50 pm »

New Action: Use the liberty field to detect what kind of enemies these guys are.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2011, 12:56:38 am »

As Varron heard of a space battle, his eyes widened slightly and he started to head towards the corvette that was going to take them planetside. If he could get close enough, He could hinder maneuverability of the ships; Maybe even stop them if they were weak enough. Unlikely, but a man can dream.

Get to a/the ship and help/wait for others.

(It's funny, because if I go max power on a single target, I could probably make it a sitting duck for long enough for it to be shot down. Gravity is a real bitch because it's power scales with the size of a target :3 And unless these ships are outfitted to launch in... well, a few multiples of a standard G, then it'll all be good for me. Assuming I'm allowed to, of course. DBZ, am I allowed to?  :P? )
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2011, 03:16:15 am »

For that matter shouldn't my passive shut down their ships as soon as i notice that they are hostile?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2011, 09:03:57 am »

Hmm, I've always imagined Herro's ability to work within a range of sorts, primarily with computers. Technology is a broad term.
As for your ability, Talarion, I suppose you should be able to do that, perhaps, but 1. You might not concentrate well at long range and 2. Some ships are designed to withstand heavy gravity in order to move around near gas giants.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:36 am »

Aye. Anyways, just gunna notify you all, I'm going away for the weekend, so I won't be here for a few days. Auto me if you need to.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2011, 10:45:58 pm »

One question, Errol, are you referring to the ship's medical ward or the station's?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2011, 11:25:21 pm »

Roll 16

Locations:

Events:

The eight rush through the halls. Milia slows everyone down, singling out Ivan. She walked up to him and grabbed ahold of his arm.
"We've got to get you to the medical ward, you can't go into combat like this--"
A rushing staff member interrupted Milia.
"Ma'am, I believe all the staff, including me, are being evacuated. I hear you have a Ross vessel at your disposal. They usually have medical facilities onboard, owing to their normally reckless tactics.

Nodding, Milia retreated to the party and allowed everyone to continue.
As the party made its way through the hangar room, staring down at the surface of Centauri Prime, Amatin shuddered, before standing up and organizing the party.

"Alright, so which of you have any experience with weaponry... That was a rhetorical question.
Kayle and Herros, get to the weapon control room..."

Amatin checked the schematics he was given before leaving the auditorium, looking for the place where the weapons are controlled from.
"Ah, there's a cabin just above the bridge. Head there.
Next, Ivan and Milia, head to the medical ward, it's below the bridge.
Caplus, we'll need you to identify who we're fighting, come with me to the bridge."

Satisfied with his inspiring articulation, Amatin pressed the green button on the hand rail. The vessel, apparently known as the Griffin, opened its maw, revealing a staircase. The eight entered, with Jaffar last.
Looks pretty neat, but I think we need a shark face on the nose...

5 Minutes Later...

In the bridge...

Amatin cracked his knuckles. Varron and Caplus stood by his sides. As the hangar door ahead of him opened, he turned to Caplus.
"You were raised by these guys, do you know anything about driving one of these?"
"Of course I do... I think."

Caplus hesitantly made his way to the pilots seat. He'd taken pilot lessons before at the university. But he was ironically used to the Centauri ships. He was missing his trackball, his neat touchscreen display, and most importantly of all, his cup-holder. Ross vessels had a strict crew hierarchy, necessarily in order to keep order among the often rebellious and free-minded crew. He clasped his hands around the steering levers, and veered the ship around to face the cold void of space. Afterward, he hit the throttle and the ship's engines rumbled as the vessel violently blazed out of the hangar, knocking everyone over from the sudden G-force. Everyone except Varron, of course.

As it turned out, he had set the engine power so high that he incinerated the inner hangar's pathways. Luckily, nobody was looking. Meanwhile, Varron stared inquisitively out of the window. He pointed to a few moving specks of light in the distance. The other vessels rallying around the station were facing the specks.

"There they are."
"Indeed."
Amatin grabbed the communicator and the radio.
"Kayle and Herros, arm the weapons systems. Varron is marking them on your HUD's right now."
"I am?!"
"Of course you are. I'm the captain."

Amatin opened up the comm channels, allaying his worries. The channels were abuzz with chatter from the rest of the emergency fleet.

This is the Griffin, we've launched and are ready to assist. We have a man on board who might be able to help identify the enemies. Over.
Roger that, Griffin. This is Colonel Burton Agnew, temporary admiral of the resistance fleet. We are currently forming on the Starfury--my ship, but that is beside the point. However, we are contemplating sending out a few ships to flank the enemy after the engagement begins. Your call if you want to join them or not. Over.

In the weapon room...

"Herros, you wouldn't happen to know about any of these systems, would you?"
"Are you kidding? Most of this is Centauri weaponry. The ion cannon should be useful in case we fight a target larger then our own ship, which is very likely if this is an enemy fleet we're up against. I think the Gauss repeaters should also help in case we get close enough. I think you should man the anti-fighter systems, we need someone who can actually aim. Personally, I don't think I'm up for he job."

Judging from the acquiescent look on Kayle's face, Herros determined that his trick to get to control the big guns worked. of course, she had some doubt in her face. Herros seldom excelled as a judge of intent.

In the medical ward...

Milia checked the shelves for some kind of medical sealant. Something even slightly less harmful than expanding foam would be nice, if present.

In the engine room...

Jaffar wandered the empty engine room. There was nobody here, save for a single faceless droid scouring the room for floor stains. The gentle hum of the ship's fusion reactor muffled any noise from outside. Suddenly, the thought of fusion reminded Jaffar of his own fusion cell. He wondered if there was anything he could learn from this ship without dismantling it.

Back in space...

Caplus concentrated for a few moments on the specks of light.
"Hmm, not getting much. I'm leaning towards free-thinkers, capitalists... but that might be myself interfering with my own abilities. I'll try harder."
He swapped his focus on the Centauri fleet. Monarchists, alright. He even picked up a bit of communal residue from the general direction of Sirius. But from the enemy fleet, nothing but his own Capitalist interference. Unless...

"Guys... I think these guys are Ross..."

Current Time: 1220

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2011, 01:28:44 am »

If there is nothing else than expanding foam, get creative with the expanding foam. Or at least put Ivan into a stable state that is not death.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2011, 01:34:30 am »

Kayle raised an eyebrow questioningly and ran her fingers over the control console. "You can trust me with this... but I'd ask you to trust me with all of it. I AM a Cyrian, you know, and proud of it. If I can't keep us safe in battle then no one can." She turned to the controls. "If you insist I'll allow it." At least Herros would have large targets to aim for. She had heard of his reputation as a mechanic but his skill for combat was currently unknown to her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2011, 04:24:47 am »

"Starfury, this is Griffin. Preliminary identification result: majority of enemy fleet's crew is Ross.
We will join the flanking team. How long until the engagement? Over.
"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:57 am »

"Roger that, we are preparing for a possible Ross threat. We shall attack when the enemy enters range of the planet's cannons, giving us an upper hand. Judging by their speed, It'll only be a couple of minutes."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2011, 10:04:36 am »

Jaffar placed a hand on the warm case of the fusion reactor. "We're gonna get along just fine."

He began going through the checklist-making sure the engine had no major technical hiccups or faults that might get them killed in a firefight. Call him paranoid...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2011, 10:15:36 am »

Send message to the group through Griffin's intercom system:
"Attention: enemy is identified as Ross ships. We will flank them as soon as they enter range of Centauri Prime's defense systems, which will be a few minutes from now. Prepare yourselves."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107