Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85940 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:08 pm »

Kayle decided to trust Varron to get Ivan to the medical center and followed Jaffar instead. Possibly she could find some Fruity Oaty Bars.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2011, 05:34:21 pm »

@Jaffar Thanks for the help but I can walk to the ceremony on my own...Or space walk there as it seems Varron is going to make me float. After the ceremony I'll get something less temporary to heal my wounds. Oh and if anyone asks I was attacked by a Space Yeti with a shotgun and I punched it death after getting my heroic wound.

Space walk or whatever to the ceremony and lie about my 'heroic wound' about my wound. Oh and keep decompressing the bag while being VERY careful.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2011, 05:19:13 am »

"Uh oh... well, let's pretend that never happened and don't try that again. Wait, that is supposed to be a bow?"

Examine bow. Determine it's worth. Walk to ceremony.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2011, 06:49:56 am »

"C'mon, Ivan. We'll take you to the ceremony, then get you to a medical centre or something..." Varron said as he cautiously, slowly decreased the pull of Gravity on Ivan, helping him walk out the door, before fully lifting him up and flying (falling?) him to the ceremony. Cautiously.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:17:14 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2011, 09:07:47 pm »

Aww, no "follow the man stealthily and return just in time" subplot? Ah well.

Roll 14

Locations:
Centauri University of the Unknown
-Central Stairwell
-Exam Arena
-Military hall
-Training Rooms
-Firing Range
-Industrial Wing
--Laboratory
--Mechanics Workshop
--Ironworks
-Market Wing
-Library

Actions:

Part 1

Amatin Seathunder-"Neither do Aroth, Centauri, Polaris or Cyrians, for that matter. You just have to be Ivan to get into so much trouble in so little time."
"That's right, heh."

Amatin had known Ivan for about a year. For some reason, he couldn't remember the first time he saw him. He sort of just... faded into existence. At a certain point in his memories, Ivan just popped up, no introductions, no nothing. It was all very strange, but nobody except him seemed to notice at the time. He didn't speak out for fear of offending the new guy, but Amatin had always been suspicious. Ivan looked... alien... almost. He didn't look like one from the five houses, that's for sure. Amatin then looked to Caplus, who began swinging his hammer wildly.

Caplus Orange-[3] Caplus swung the hammer forward, as if to test its capability. Of course, he hadn't foreseen any possible consequences, such as the hammer embedding itself in the floor. Luckily, it didn't happen. With a sudden whir, the hammer accelerated in his hands to an obscene velocity, before halting at the termination of his strike. A series of square lights lit up on the handle, as if to signify that some charge was used. Afterwards, the two made their way down the central hall, admiring the finely crafted paintings and exotic plants to the sides. In fact, the whole hallway was actually a bridge over the void of space, with a powerful graviton field keeping the air inside.

Part 2

That was quite an ordeal.

Kayle Silvertaugh-Kayle ended the emergency, congratulating jaffar for his quick thinking.
"Excellent work. I wasn't aware you could repair people as well as machines." She put a hand on his shoulder. Normally, Jaffar would presently engage his helmet as if he were a turtle hiding in its shell. Of course, he and Kayle knew each other for such an act, and his armor disguised his tensed self. Hesitantly, Jaffar answered.
"The body is just a machine like any other. Once you know the basics, it's not too hard to fix it..."
Kayle then engaged in the task of helping Ivan to his feet.
"Perhaps we should get him to medical. Are you all right to walk or should we carry you?"
Ivan said nothing. Suddenly, Varron popped in.
"Well, if anyone wants a lift to the ceremony, just say so... I can probably make us fall all the way there. No big..."
He stopped mid-sentence. Kayle wasn't sure why. Jaffar answered him,
"I'd sort of prefer to walk...do you trust your gravi-whatsis to hold up an injured man?"
"Of course, I have full confidence in my fine-control of my Gravitokinesis."
Jaffar couldn't help but noticing that Varron was now upside down, lounging in the air, as if he were sitting upon a couch. He also had a quaint mental image of Ivan flying up into the ceiling and exploding in a fashion similar to a water balloon.
"Well, if you insist Mr. Varron, he's all yours."

Herros Machlan-[5] "Hey Milia, I was wondering if..."
"You call THAT a bow?!"
"Why yes, it is of the finest Centauri design."
"It's rather... taxing on the eyes to look at."

Milia Kurasaki-[5] Milia assessed the bow before stringing it. It was rather heavy, an immediate first sign that the bowyer had no clue what he was doing. Upon stringing the bow, however, Milia was pleased to see that the bow had a good draw distance, draw weight, all of that. She appreciated the hand-guard guard and  dry-fired the bow, noticing a surprising amount of power with the release. She pulled the string back once more, and pressed a small round button on the top of the grip. The string suddenly locked into place, allowing Milia to store the energy for a later release. She tugged on the string and once again felt the pull of the bow's parts tug back.

It was alright, (+1 damage) but clumsy (-1 dodge chance while wielding).

Gained Herros' Bow!

Varron Carse-[6] Varron went ahead and engaged his gravitokinesis, causing the entire group to be plucked off the ground by an invisible force, before sending the group gently hovering down the empty grand hall. Jaffar signaled for a stop, grabbed some lunch, and rejoined the group. The party set afoot once again at the end of the hall, meeting up with Amatin and Caplus.

Jaffar Cole-[2] Jaffar had scoured the menu, but couldn't find anything he particularly enjoyed eating. he had to settle for a regular Squid Bar.
Kayle walked up next to him casually, and asked for a Fruity Oaty bar--those were one of her favorites, but Jaffar always found them disgusting. Too much sugar. Far too much.

Ivan the Adventurer-[1] Ivan carefully clutched the bag, inadvertently squeezing it too slowly and passing out for a moment.

GAME EVENT:

The party took the back passage to the auditorium--through the dark arched halls labelled "Staff Entrance." This passage was rather convenient--it allowed anyone to cut in  front of the line while the people watching the entrance conducted the slow task of checking the list to make sure the guests are invited, asking for ID's, and assigning seats.

Once backstage, the organizer walked up to meet the group.
"Alright... everyone's here. Good. Now if you want to take your armor off, you can go ahead and do so in the back rooms. You'll be receiving your diploma in the center of the auditorium--after the band plays though. Generally, we'd have given you time to prepare a speech but with all the hype about the search for aliens and such, the government's been diverting funds from the arcane fields of practice and funneling them towards xenobiology, xenoarcheology, etc etc. Regardless, we've been pressed to close down the university for a few years. Unfortunately we couldn't tell this to you earlier, but you eight are the last higher level graduates. Low level graduation happens friday. You can give some final words, and then we'll get on with the slideshow. Meanwhile, we've managed to acquire a High-End Corvette to transport the graduates planetside... can't have the graduates of the most prestigious military academy in the galaxy riding home in gritty old cruisers, eh?

(Clarification: Fighter < Gunship < Cruiser < Frigate. Don't ask how that works. Ross Cruisers = Corvettes.)

We also have a surprise for each of you... you'll get them at the podium."

As the organizer left and proceeded through the curtains, the group was ordered to follow through as the curtains slid out of the way. Cheering erupted into the room from the open gateway as the group proceeded along a bridge that led to the circular platform in the center of the auditorium. The room was absolutely huge--it was a wonder how they could fit this into a space station! The floor, a few dozen meters below, and the ceiling, about a hundred above, were made of glass. At this moment, the red dwarf, Proxima Centauri, shone overhead, with planet Centauri Prime overtaking the view below. It was a splendid view.

OBJECTIVE FOR CLARITY: Not sure, just give some words to say and that's about it.

Current Time: 1200

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intel Database (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:58:57 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »

''Everyone, it has been an honor to learn and grow with these teachers(who don't know when to take a vacation) and fellow students(even if a forth of the group is communist). Thank-you for your support. Now if you excuse me, I will be accepting my diploma and be on my way. bye!" Say the speech, take the diploma, and leave.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:22:03 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2011, 11:27:14 pm »

"Thank you for accepting me to your academy, as unskilled and ignorant as I was. Thank you for the countless things I learned, the people I met. And now, thank you for this diploma. We have to part ways now, but I hope our ways meet again one day!"

Bow, take diploma and surprise gift, leave.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:02 am »

"Thank you for teaching me here, it has been an entertaining experience, it will be a shame to wave this place good-bye, and ... if any one of you wants my mechanical genius, contact me and we can work out a reasonable rate"

He makes his speech with his usual egomania and lack of forethought for other peoples feeling
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2011, 03:35:42 am »

Kayle nodded to the organizer, but didn't take her HEV suit off. Cyrians only removed their armor in two locations: the bedroom and the bathroom. However, for the sake of good manners, she removed her helmet and kept it in her left hand. While the others were giving their speeches, she indulged herself in one of the bars she had bought; snack-type foods weren't commonly rationed out by her people due to the rather strict diet they kept themselves on, so getting to eat this kind of thing was a novelty. Finally her turn came up and she stepped up to the podium. She placed her helmet on it and looked over the crowd.

"Thank you all for the opportunity to hone my skills, natural talents, and abilities, and for the education I received here. It was a pleasant change of pace to interact with people from other cultures on a casual instead of business basis, and I look forward to seeing some of you in such a manner again soon." She glanced back at her allies, one or two for perhaps a second longer than the others, then turned her attention to the audience once more. "I look forward to using everything I've learned for the good of the Adaephli Company. Again, thank you for the opportunity." She picked her helmet back up and stepped away from the podium to allow another to speak.

When everyone was done, she planned on asking them what they were going to do once they were off the Corvette. She didn't have any specific plans of her own; she thought she might do a bit of sightseeing before heading back home and resuming her normal routine.

We could have followed that guy? I thought it was just Ivan seeing the grim reaper leaving...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:18 am »

Pull back the AIS15's hood, revealing my mane. Try to keep the speech short and memorable. Prevent the stage fright by looking at the Centauri Prime rather than the public.
"Besides the deepest gratitude I feel towards everyone in this University, I have nine words that absolutely have to be said to my instructors and fellow students - the words that sum up my thoughts in the best way possible. Here they come:
'You rock, people! It was awesome! See you around!'
That is all. Thanks for listening.
"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:24:31 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2011, 11:22:07 am »

Jaffar was actually more comfortable *in* his armor, not unlike Kayle was. He kept his on-maybe more as a way to try and impress her than anything...he made sure to stow his ammunition and tools against a nearby wall, before stepping up...ahh man...public speaking...

"It's been a pleasure to learn...at this fine establishment...and uh, It's an honor, to have served with such a class as distinguished as this one...

Jaffar paused a moment to recollect his thoughts. He noticed, barely anyone he knew was in the audience. Other than Jolene, who had probably managed to whip up a fake ID to attend, and was sitting in the shadows in the back...he found his gaze bouncing between her and Kayle, for some reason.

Jaffar shook his head, and thought, he had not actually given one about what he would do afterwards. Up till now, he had just been surviving. He had never asked himself what he wanted.

He gained a bit of confidence as he said the last line, long prepared.

"Also, while the People of Polaris may no longer accept me, I am still a Polaric at heart-and I hope my success here may be the first step to reconcilation." He smiled, hoping the Prime Minister might be watching, of course.

Yeah...fat chance. When you hotwired the gravcar of a Politicians son-said son who was now said Minister-and crashed it into a tree, they never let you come back. Not that the minister didn't deserve it.

That little dweeb still couldn't get over the fact Jaffar had rewired his *personal* security system to do so-Mister Big Tech himself, with the multitrillion dollar company. In a society based upon the intellectual, humility was not a virtue. Jaffar has been forced to leave his home at 17 to avoid the barrage of threats, bad press, and trumped up legal charges levelled against him..a bitter memory. He shouldn't be thinking these things now. It was time for celebration.

"That's it. Thank you for your time."

He went back down to stage and took his seat. He felt a bit queasy...bad squid, maybe? Or, it could be something more.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2011, 05:26:19 pm »

Ivan walked up onto the stage and said "Thank you all for letting me into this academy. I couldn't of done it without my teammates, they've saved my life thr- four times" Ivan waved at his teammates, he wasn't used to making speeches. "And also is there a medic here?" Ivan grabbed his reward shaked his teammates hands and set off to the medical ward (If there is one)

PS what soft ware did you use to draw the arena map?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:45:27 pm by jakeread1 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2011, 05:47:27 pm »

Jaffar heckles Ivan as he leaves.

"Don't pick up any Harkian Glamps, huh?"

He was sure the man was 'Glampbait', for sure-which, in spacer talk meant he was a fool.

Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)

OOC: I got this idea from an online book I just read. It's the ultimate loot trap. ^_^
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »

stuff

OOC: I can already tell Ivan will infest so many worlds by unknowingly having these in his inventory XD

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »

PS what soft ware did you use to draw the arena map?

Ascii-Paint

Jaffar heckles Ivan as he leaves.

"Don't pick up any Harkian Glamps, huh?"

He was sure the man was 'Glampbait', for sure-which, in spacer talk meant he was a fool.

Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)

OOC: I got this idea from an online book I just read. It's the ultimate loot trap. ^_^

Brilliant! :P
Let's hope somebody forgets you posted this, shall we? :P
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107