Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85930 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2011, 06:44:14 pm »

Bah, redid it. I'll be rolling either later today or later this week. School sucks.

I like this one better, though it feels... flat. Not quite as flat, though. Any suggestions?

Also, I better stop turning this into an art thread ;P. Expect a thread in the creative projects section... eventually.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:46:05 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:15 am »

I like it? Though it doesn't look very much like a frigate - it's one big flat surface, just aim at the center of mass and you're guaranteed to depressurize something. Looks more like a civilian ship. Or maybe a carrier - if Aroth even bother to build carriers, that is.
In any case, fixed coloring, square-ified design and enhanced image made it look much better.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2011, 04:47:48 pm »

Alright, going to  try and roll right now. I'll edit this post. And thanks.

EDIT: Never mind...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:32:07 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »

Roll 13

Locations:
Centauri University of the Unknown
-Exam Arena
-Military hall
-Training Rooms
-Firing Range
--Laboratory
--Mechanics Workshop
-Market Wing
-Library

Actions:

Part 1

Caplus Orange-[6-1] Caplus, though encumbered by his armor (hence the new -1 to stealth), began to attempt quietly removing the hammer from its case. He heard footsteps, and returned to a table, making every effort to appear as innocent as a man who wears power armor all the time could appear. Once the librarian passed a fair distance, he got to work. Caplus grabbed a table, [5+1] lifted it up with the help of his armor, in one hand no less, and set it near the wall. He retrieved a second table, and stacked that, and so on. After assembling a staircase made up of tables and chains, Caplus casually walked up to the display case, wrestled the lock open, and removed the hammer. It felt light... really really light.

Gained Mysterious Hammer (10/100!

It was far too light for a hammer.. but it looked like one. There was no button on it, no controls, nothing. Yet the metallic sheen it conveyed was far too realistic for it to be artificial. It literally felt weightless, with exception of the head. After setting the tables back into order, Caplus decided he would visit the others and ask them for guidance regarding what he should do with it.

Caplus made his way to the hall, caught sight of Amatin, and sped up to catch up to him.

"How's it going?"
"It's... alright... I'm just a little tense... that's all."

Amatin Seathunder-[6] "Well that's alright, I suppose. I won't bother you with this hammer then."

Amatin ignored Caplus. Caplus knew nothing. Those crazy Ross, they were so arrogant at times. They never cared for others.. only for their own interests. Besides, what importance could a hammer have? Amatin retreated to the bar, where he got himself some kind of drink. The Centauri drinks had a strange taste, so he settled for one of the imported Cyrian drinks. Those tasted good, though they costed a lot. That's what you have student discounts for, eh?

...5 Minutes Forward...

Amatin still felt jittery. It wasn't as if he was simply surprised... it was as if his very soul was shattered momentarily, the blinding light of knowledge running him through. He was a leader, though, and a leader wasn't the kind of person to get caught up on personal issues. It would pass. Meanwhile, he remembered that he should get to the ceremony. He walked out of the bar to meet Caplus again, loitering around.

"What are you doing?" asked Amatin inquisitively.

Caplus gave him a blank stare, momentarily.
"Oh, I was just wondering, where ARE the other's? I've looked all over the place?"
"Have you checked the firing range? I think I saw Ivan walk in about an hour ago."
"I can't, they cordoned the place off."

A silence ensued.
"Aww snap."
"See, we Ross don't get into these kinds of incidents."

Part 2

Milia Kurasaki-[1+1-1] Milia stood there, thinking. She had never treated a punctured lung before. Of course, a punctured lung wasn't deadly. She didn't have access to any sort of pump though, or anything like that. The best she could do was get the bullet out. But a lead bullet wouldn't bounce off the walls, it would fragment. So this one had to be made of a harder, non-poisonous material. It wouldn't be that big of a deal provided the wound could be dressed appropriately until the group went planetside. Ugh, the decisions! She couldn't leave him helpless, but she couldn't help him! Arg! Aroth don't ever just do nothing!
"Er, Kayle, would you please reverse life drain Ivan and no I do not take no as an answer and yes this is a remarkably sharp knife I am holding here and I have anatomic precision with it..."
"I'm afraid my powers only work the other way around. Still, I could try..."

[1] Kayle went ahead and concentrated on Ivan, attempting to channel her own energy into him. She noticed a pool of blood expanding beneath Ivan... but the wound was already dressed... uh oh. Kayle gave Milia a quick stare to get the idea across.

[5] "Gah! Any help?" Milia started to panic.
"Maybe the doctor can..."
"That's not an option, miss..." interrupted the man.
"..."
Well, on the bright side, if Ivan died, she could at least hide the body... of course. Then, Milia caught sight of a camera on the other side of the room. That's not an option, either...
Suddenly...

Herros Machlan-[4] ...Herros barged into the room, holding some kind of hideous amalgam of lizard bone, tool steel, pulleys, rivets, and electrical wiring.
"That's..."
"Indeed it is... GOODNESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED"
"Stuff happened. Ivan's got a punctured lung, and there's nothing we can do about it."
"Hmm, do any of you happen to have some kind of tubing and a motor on you? I could wire up a pump that would help us repair his lung."

Kayle Silvertaugh-[4] "Hang on, I got a message."

Kayle held up her arm, the holographic display and keyboard appearing from the motion cue. There was a message... from Jaffar! Of course, why didn't anyone think about him? He had some parts on him... still, there was a message to read.
Quote from: Jaffar
Hey, where is everyone? Is karaoke night still on? I wanna knock back some Hesperidin Slammers before the graduation.
She sent one back, and got a reply almost soon after. Man, Jaffar was quite a fast typist.
Quote from: Message Log
I can't speak for the others, but I'm with Ivan, Milia, and Varran. Ivan's suffered gunshot wounds to the torso and has a punctured lung; Milia is operating. We have no details other than that Ivan somehow injured himself. We'll have him on his feet in time for graduation. If you want to/can help, we're at the shooting range. Varron and I already did a little karaoke but I wouldn't mind returning for it tonight. What's in a Hesperidin Slammer? I haven't had one yet. I tend to stick to straight bourbon but I might want to give it a try.
That dweeb gutshot himself, didn't he? Well, you guys just tend to em as best you can. I can whip up something if we've got nothing better-keep him alive till we can get a medic.

Also, Hesperidin Slammers are great-I'll trade shots with you sometime, we get the chance.

I suppose he did but I am not sure how he could have managed it. That kind of thing doesn't normally happen on a shooting range. I think Milia can handle it, so Ivan shouldn't be in danger of death, although I imagine he's going to be uncomfortable moving around for quite some time. Perhaps we can try those Slammers after the ceremony. I'll look forward to it.

"Alright. I think Jaffar's on the way, so we better get around to patching him up again.
Milia nodded and got to work.

Varron Carse-[4] "I'll just stand around, then..."

Jaffar Cole-[5] Jaffar walked into the room. He saw a pool of blood. He saw Ivan on the ground, with Milia tending to his wounds. He could tell this was bad right away.
"What did you do to yourself now? Aw, man...let me whip something up... why is he BLEEDING so much!?"
"Just don't ask..."
"Alright then, I have something that might work."

Jaffar grabbed an oxygen tank, a breathing mask, and asked for a hypodermic needle from Milia. Acquiring these three with haste, he continued to fashion an apparatus in order to refill Ivan's lung. Of course, the main problem was that the lung needed to be emptied of blood and such... but he figured that the lungs would absorb the air and force all the other stuff to come out. Either way, it was their best bet. He first grabbed a magnet, though, and held it over Ivan's wound.

[3] Ivan felt a tingling sensation inside his chest. Jaffar's magnet was pulling on something inside of him. Clearly, he had never felt something like this before. The bullet came out, tinted red, and attached itself to the magnet.
"Thought so. I figured that if a round could bounce back at you, it would be made of something hard, like steel."

[3] Afterwards, Jaffar plunged the needle into Ivan's wound, noticing that as the bag deflated, the junk began to come out of the lung at the same time. Quickly, he signaled for Milia to plug up the hole as quickly as possible.

Ivan the Adventurer-[2] Ivan felt the sudden rush of pure air into his lung. But after the initial rush of fresh oxygen, he felt nothing but pain. He held the impending scream within, knowing that it would certainly be ungentlemanly to do so. In the corner of his eye, he noticed the strange man exiting the room.
"Who was that guy? Why'd he leave?"
Ivan didn't recognize the man. He accredited this partly due to the fact that he was dying, but also to the fact that he had never met anyone as grim and ungentlemanly. Its almost like the man wasn't even from here...
Struggling to stand, Ivan grabbed his rifle and used it to prop himself up.
"Whatever. Let's go!"

Current Time: 1150

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intel Database (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:56:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:23 pm »

Kayle nodded and put a hand on Jaffar's shoulder with a small smile. "Excellent work. I wasn't aware you could repair people as well as machines." She stood and got Ivan's arm - the one not using his rifle for balance - over her shoulders and put her closer arm around his waist to balance him while her other hand held onto his wrist to help keep him stable. "Perhaps we should get him to medical. Are you all right to walk or should we carry you?" she asked Ivan.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2011, 06:52:02 pm »

"...Oh damn. Well, if anyone wants a lift to the ceremony, just say so... I can probably make us fall all the way there. No big..." Varron looked at the scene before him, resisting the urge to palm his face, before he slowly set a thin field of gravity above him, making him slowly ascend before floating in mid-air.

Offer to take my team to the ceremony by way of falling - I.e manipulating gravity around me so that we fall to where the ceremony is.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »

Jaffar exhaled and stepped out for a moment. He took a quick look up and down the hall. All clear.

As Jaffar walked back in, he believed-In truth, that he wasn't even completely sure that was going to work until it did...at least the guy would survive, if he got to a medic soon.

He tensed a bit when Kayle placed a hand on his shoulder-lucky he was wearing his suit, so she didn't feel it. His usual response to women was to close his helmet like a turtle hiding in it's shell.

He tried to smile back and responded to Kayle, trying to sound totally competent. "The body is just a machine like any other. Once you know the basics, it's not too hard to fix it...

@ Ivan: "Ivan, right? I suggest you get yourself some real medical attention friend-and don't forget to keep decompressing the bag. What I've done to you is sort of like trying to Durgen Superglue a piece of sheet metal over a hull breach. Don't tempt fate anymore than you already have...now, do you need help walking? " 

@ Varron "I'd sort of prefer to walk...do you trust your gravi-whatsis to hold up an injured man?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2011, 07:38:48 pm »

"Yes." Varron had a straight face as he slowly twirled in mid-air. "I have full confidence in my fine-control of my Gravitokinesis." He was now upside-down, lounging as if on a couch in mid-air.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »

Jaffar has a quaint mental image of Ivan flying into the ceiling at a hundred miles an hour and bursting like a water balloon.

"Well, if you insist Mr. Varron, he's all yours."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »

Additional Action: Assist Ivan using Gravitokinesis.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »

"Good Job Jaffar, Milia can you string this for me, I want to test the systems before giving it to you" If milia will string th ebow, Herros will test it out and tweak it accordingly
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2011, 11:00:41 am »

@DBZ: Caplus's inventory doesn't have the hammer.

"Aww snap."
"See, we Ross don't get into these kinds of incidents."
"Neither do Aroth, Centauri, Polaris or Cyrians, for that matter. You just have to be Ivan to get into so much trouble in so little time."
Go to the ceremony.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »

Thanks, I fixed the hammer part.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2011, 02:43:06 pm »

Action: Jaffar also heads to the ceremony-stopping to get some lunch first.

Fried OmniSquid bars, yum!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »

Use mysterious hammer. Not on Ivan. Then go to the ceremony.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:48:38 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107