Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85924 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:15 pm »

Oh, a quick note n holograms: Just to avoid ridiculous cliches, holograms are used in this world, but they normally have lower resolutions than LCD screens. In other words, don't expect absolutely everything to be holographic. In fact, naval commanders prefer LCD screens due to their increased clarity and resolution.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:43 pm »

That's probably for the best. I just figured a holographic keyboard would make more sense for a small communication device since you could just project it as needed. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »

Definitely. I want one of those, it would turn my future HTC phones into mini laptops :P Not that my HD2 isn't already akin to one, what with being able to run Ubuntu. Still haven't gotten DF to work yet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2011, 10:22:27 pm »

Personally I'd like to have Isaac's rig. I could use the objective-location system it has. :P But yeah, I'd settle for what's basically a Pipboy with a cellphone and holographic keyboard. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:20 pm »

Issac Jaffar is the tech guy-he can wire anything into anything if you ask. :)

Edit: I mixed up the source and the homage :3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:05:55 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »

Dwarmin, unless you're also referring to the protagonist of Dead Space...

Dwarmin used CONFUSE!
It's super effective!
SeriousConcentrate has fainted.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2011, 12:24:51 am »

I can't reverse life drain. Kayle dunno how. :P

You can, if you roll a 5 or 6. :P

Anyway, it'd be a pretty desparate thing to try, so I'd only really try that if Ivan's close to death.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2011, 02:31:55 am »

@Errol: Indeed. It would be pretty useful to have that ability to make sure my fellow peeps don't get killed off, but I might get killed off trying it, so... yeah, only if I absolutely have to to help out jake. ^^^
@Dwarmin: Ah, OK. That sort of thing happens, no big deal. It's not as big a mistake as TNA putting a world title match at the top of the first hour. >.>

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2011, 10:22:33 am »

Life Drain critical fails will be fun, though, especially if there is spontaneous mind transfer.  :)

"I'm you? No, your me! Oh no! *hijinks ensue*"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from Jaffar to Kayle:
That dweeb gutshot himself, didn't he? Well, you guys just tend to em as best you can. I can whip up something if we've got nothing better-keep him alive till we can get a medic.

Also, Hesperidin Slammers are great-I'll trade shots with you sometime, we get the chance.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:36 pm »

Message from Kayle to Jaffar:
I suppose he did but I am not sure how he could have managed it. That kind of thing doesn't normally happen on a shooting range. I think Milia can handle it, so Ivan shouldn't be in danger of death, although I imagine he's going to be uncomfortable moving around for quite some time. Perhaps we can try those Slammers after the ceremony. I'll look forward to it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »

Good news everyone! okay, this is not really news, but I plan to sprite the basic ship designs for the major factions just to give you guys an idea of the general looks of each faction's technology. I'm currently figuring out the color schemes as of now. One thing I did was use the color-picker and use a picture of gold crystals in order to acquire some neat gold color ramps, so the Centauri should look decent compared to my other ships that I've done.

Also, we need Talarion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »

Call this a late night thing! Here's my guesses for what the ships might look like. We'll see if I got any right. :P

Centauri vessels vary wildly-everyone and their brother has a ship "on the blocks", and many of them enjoy working and tinkering with them, figuring out ways to better their systems. These customized vessels are known to be "Tricky"-you never know what a Centauri ship will pull until it does it. Most love their ships and disdain combat, emphasizing defense and manuever over offense, unless said Centauri was a blood thirsty sort.

--

Aroth vessels abandon the standard "sleek" look of most other Humans vessels-they tend to deliberately make their ships in defiance of custom, with odd angles, misplaced geometry and non-parallel structures. It's all a trick though-Aroth make extremely deadly ships, designed to take advantage of their relative lack of numbers and resources with quality and an assortment of deadly exotic weaponry. One could say every Aroth vessel double as a weapons testing lab-with new weapons and defenses constantly being altered, upgraded and changed to fit the situation they face. Like the Aroth themselves, they accept their limitations, and make them strengths.

--

Ross vessels are ergonomic and spacious-luxurious and proud, the products of a Democratic Free Market society. They reflect a respct of fine craftsmanship, which means the same effort put into the captains viewing screen and mahogany banisters leading up to the crew dorms is put into the engines, defenses, and weapon systems. Ross vessels are known for staying power-the ability to withstand amazing punishment and keep going-essentially, you get what you pay for.

--

Polaris vessels are built sleek and light, yet not ostentatious-their designs reinforcing a degree of stubborn survivabilty and brilliant improvisation inherent into every Polaric. Most of their ships are "Explorers"-built to exacting standards, to operate alone and unaided for long periods, doing scientific and diplomatic work. They don't tend to be heavily armed, but they are durable and manueverable-Polaris vessels use speed, wits and stealth to avoid conflict, mostly-but if forced to fight, they use strategy over brute force, and their weaponry reflects this.

--

Cyrian vessels would lack decoration or ornament,  using a simple intimidating design. The function matters more than the design-to a Cyrian, a deadly vessel has it's own beauty, and needs no embellishments. Cyrians value the offense over the defense, and their vessels act like sharks, striking quickly and decisively in any engagement. Cyrian vessels are built cheap and expendable-a warrior holds no love for her ship, just as she may discard an empty clip or a jammed gun in the middle of a firefight, so the ship may be discarded without a second thought.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »

Hmm, this is what I have so far for the Aroth light frigate. I call it the Huntsman Class... but that's mostly irrelevant for now. HOWEVER something about the color scheme bugs me. Any suggestions?

As you can see, the main bridge is on an elevated platform in the center, with turret mounts to the right of the front as well as an additional one left of the center line. The left side pod has a turret slot and an auxiliary module slot, while the right pod has two turret slots and a spare reactor room which is modular and can be removed. The wings function as communications antennae, which is why the tips extend far beyond the wing itself. I reckon that it would look better without the left wing and module, though.

EDIT: Hmm

Thoughts?

Oh, and I forgot the engine bloc. How did I...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:45:59 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2011, 02:14:48 am »

Space ship designs aren't really my forte. :-\ Maybe you should ask Tarran? All I can offer is that maybe you could try changing the green to yellow or orange, it might look better. ^^; Sorry I'm so useless here.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:20 am »

See if I can help in any way without hindering or hurting anyone else.

Sorry, I haven't had access to my computer.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107