Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85907 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:34 pm »

Jaffar took another look at the encryption...he wasn't much of a cracker, but he had learned some tricks. Whatever was in there must be good, for them to defend it from people like him. He guessed they might have had some of their stuff scrapped in the past.

He cracked his knuckles and went to work.

Jaffar tries to break the encryption!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »

Ah great, I realized that none of you guys are hackers or scientists. Uh oh.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »

Oh, wow, you're right. None of us are diplomats either. >.> Damn, if I'd realized that Kayle would have ended up drastically different. I like her as she is but I hate such glaring holes in the party...

Kayle was enjoying herself immensely with the karaoke. Everybody had their own ways to unwind after battle, but she figured some of the other ways Cyrians cut loose wouldn't be as socially acceptable as this. Other peoples tended to be rather uptight in most areas, and they certainly wouldn't approve of getting drunk enough to mosh pit the other patrons and fire her gun in the air.

...She didn't always do that, as she tended to prefer other forms of excitement, but occasionally it was fun to join in on. "Burning hot and I feel like I'm ready to roll~" she sang with a smile on her face. She was pretty good at it, judging from the reactions of the other patrons. Eventually, though, the song ended and she stepped off the stage.

"Whew, that was fun. What are you planning on?" she asked Varron, indicating the karaoke machine. If it sounded interesting she might stick around to listen, but either way she was definitely getting some more bourbon first; the kind they served here had an intriguing vanilla smell and aftertaste to it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2011, 04:13:37 pm »

Herros Attaches the strings via putting a hole or a hook into the bow
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »

Ah great, I realized that none of you guys are hackers or scientists. Uh oh.

Well, we can always learn. I was hoping tinkering would apply to tech like that, since Jaffar has to know some computer tricks to be an engineer.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2011, 04:36:57 pm »

Caplus can function as a pseudo-diplomat, I suppose, but not in Centauri space. And yes, tinkering sort-of applies when you're trying to modify code and such to your advantage. But encryption breaking and getting passwords would be a hacker's job. If you succeed at breaking the encryption though, you'll definitely get some hacker skill. Good luck to all!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »

DBZ do you hate me?  XD

Go to a doctor. This time not the ones that offer spleens for 50 credits.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

Remember, alarms and such won't work when I am near
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:39 pm »

That's actually a great idea. Perfect for group stealth.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2011, 12:39:40 am »

Message from Amatin to Jaffar:
"I've heard you're working better when under stress. If so, then from time to time, you may find yourself wishing for someone to shout inspirational orders right through your ear and into your heart, and every member of the Seathunder family has a talent for doing exactly that. Whenever you're unsure if you can do something, call me on comm."

Amatin caught himself thinking about one of the life-draining runes he saw in an appendix of that necromancy-themed book, and his train of thought quickly derailed to the general rune theory. What if making a rune bigger or etching it deeper will make it stronger? And his control over Detonation is good enough to carve intricate forms of all but the smallest sizes, so he could perform an experiment right now... Amatin's lips twisted themselves into a wide grin, the primal roar of SCIENCE raising in his throat- *cough* But, of course, it's not like any Aroth was so reckless as to Detonate combat runes into the floor of the library! Well, at least not until he read a book or two on the subject.
Amatin goes to the "Enchantments and Channeling" section of the library and starts reading about the art of runecrafting. He pays special attention to the chapters that describe what makes runes stronger or weaker.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:56:38 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2011, 11:19:04 am »

Jaffar scowled, glaring at the computer. It had locked him out again-and cursed him out, in Ancient French no less...an nearly indecipherable dead language.

>Let me in please

-Vous êtes un échec à la vie, monsieur!

>Pretty please?

-Je te maudit, faible cambrioleur! Se sentir la colère de mon flux de données!

>Screw you!

It was defending itself, intelligently...at this point, he wouldn't be surprised if it might to start to try and hack him *back*. Still, as he got agitated, he was working a bit faster. This little bastard wouldn't beat him!

He heard his comm sing-his ringtone was a collection of wind instruments from the Polaric Highlanders Symphony Orchestra-and he looked at the message. Really inspiring...

He sent one back.

Message from Jaffar to Amatin
"How about you get me the bypass code to a Gigacore TB Semi-Sentient Security Firewall that speaks Ancient French..."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »

Continue reading, but try to find something more practical this time, a theoretical book about magic and related phenomena would be perfect. Milia tends to read a lot in her free time when she's not practising at the target range, and has become an expert in trashy fantasy novels over that time. She particularily liked the "Barnason Axebasher"  series of books and, besides the full collection, also owns a limited edition Barnason Axebasher figurine with glowing runic axe. Do not mention that in her surroundings.
Magic studies has become one of her small hobbies in the last few months, as she came to realize that she basically did not understand how her powers worked. She didn't really make progress so far, though, because she was sidetracked by the exam stress and trashy vampire novels.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2011, 02:47:29 pm »

Message from Amatin to Jaffar:
"Sorry, I'm more of a muse than an artiste; I'm inspiring people, not doing their work for them. If you have someone who knows the code, give me a rubber hose and I'll convince them to share. If not, I can only give you a hint or two on bruteforcing the system.
It's semi-sentient, so it's got to have a negative reaction to some basic feeling or it'd be overly hard to control. Rewire some robo-body to feel pain, tiredness, tickling and stuff like that, then plug the firewall in and shuffle through the feelings until you find the weak spot. If it tries to block out the feelings, it'll become more vulnerable - the responsible centers compose a huge part of the soul, and I have yet to see a lifeform immune to the effects of getting its soul torn into pieces.
Oh, and don't forget telling it jokes and calling it hurtful names. To stop getting distracted by these two, the system will have to block out the higher emotions as well as the feelings, and without either, thinking gets reduced to a non-sentient level, with good old binary logic and all the loopholes that come with it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:02 pm »

Message from Jaffar to Amatin:
"All good ideas...thanks for the help. I owe you a drink.

Assuming you like to drink reactor fluid smoothies.

OOC: Seem's we're missing...Talarion! And he's online last I checked.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2011, 11:17:56 pm »

Varron sat back in his chair with a glass of some alcoholic beverage in his hand, taking a drink every now and then as Kayle sung. He chuckled slightly; He was enjoying himself. And then it was his turn to sing. Tentatively, he got up and went to the karaoke machine. "I'm not sure... Maybe this?" He selected a song, with a smile on his face. And then he began to sing the first line of the song.. "She was more like a Beauty Queen, from a movie scene!"

(Why? Because Michael Jackson is awesome.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107