Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85851 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.
« Reply #1530 on: July 19, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »

"They probably have the common sense not to attack the heavily armed convoy with low-caliber rifles. Probably. Anyway, have any of you heard rumors about things around the base?"
Try to get information out of them in a friendly manner
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 19, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »

"Eh, we were just talking about, dah... this... thing that attacked one of ours down by the river. It looked like some kind of... uh... giant roach? I dunno, the kind you see in the weapon lockers onboard all of our ships. Never expected to find one out here."
"You mean a voracious PsychoRoach? One of my colleagues was talking about killing one a while ago during our graduation test. They're mostly found around chemical plants... not wildlife havens like here. Although you do have other giant insects... I don't know what would cause them to be voracious though."
"Well, it wounded Jeffrey, and he's not doing too well right now. He probably won't come back to the military for a while. He's currently in hyperspace on a trip to the nearest actual hospital... heh. Don't get badly wounded here."
"Do you think the Iron Crown has anything to do with this?"
"Uh, dah, what? How should I know?"
"If they've imported psychoroaches... there might be something in the water systems at this base... which means all of our drinks are contaminated!"

The soldier stared at Caplus, dumbfounded at his brilliance, Caplus thought.

"You're an idiot."
[3+1] "Not quite. We encountered Pond Grabbers in a lake--those are from Centauri space. Someone brought them here, maybe a little late since they haven't quite had time yet to propagate?"
"I don't know what you're talking about, but if there's some kind of colony under the base then I'd be willing to help clear it. Extermination's my specialty *winks* *points to the flamethrower slung over his shoulder*. Maybe you could go check it out?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:31:53 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:05 pm »

"I'll check it out. If I need help, I might call you."
Look for a staff-only entrance.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 22, 2012, 03:11:42 am »

Run my hand across the stone and see if I can make out anything else from it, if that fails search the cavern for anything suspicious or for some sign that someones been here

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 22, 2012, 06:00:59 am »

Oh right, I forgot.

Mention the info about the crystals just being masses of organic matter, not creatures with a brain or nervous (or anything) system.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1535 on: July 25, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

Cousin came. Now he left. Time to roll!

Roll 82

Varron grasped one of the crystals on an overhanging arch. He carefully examined its structure, its composition, and checked for the presence of fluctuations in temperature. They were definitely organic--they had a complicated structure and on a molecular scale... they seemed to be composed of many different elements--too many to count. However, nothing indicated that they were alive. After all, a race of senile crystal monsters didn't really sound like these so-called "destroyers."

OOC: Roll has been hidden.

Varron approached the door and examined its surface. It was obviously decorated with inscriptions similar to those that were above the elevator entrance. There were diamonds and curved lines drawn with ends terminating with a hook-like barb. The race that created this definitely preferred triangular symmetry in their designs, since the patterns somewhat tessellated. However, the inscriptions were carved in roughly, possibly with some kind of heat torch (judging from the edges), and manually. Either this structure was hastily built or the race lacked complicated robotics technology.

OOC: Roll has been hidden.

The door's locking mechanism seemed to be linked to a pedestal with the following on it:

Huh.

--------

Kayle and Jaffar carefully waited in the darkness, watching Winfield enter the hallway floor below them and proceed down the set of stairs to the cave entrance. As he unlocked the door with a large key and pushed it out, scratching it against the gravelly cave floor, Kayle thought quickly and flung a Fruity-Oaty bar down the stairs, nudging Jaffar to get him to move it in order to block the door with his force fields.

Jaffar nodded, but the Fruity-Oaty bar remained untouched. Kayle sighed, then realized that the door hadn't closed yet. Jaffar gave a thumbs-up and proceeded down the stairs slowly, and Kayle followed.

Jaffar set his tablet in between the door and frame, with the camera poking out. He let the door gently rest on the tablet--he had replaced its plastic casing with carbon fiber, so he was sure the heavy door still wouldn't break the tablet. He opened up the camera app and watched.

Winfield made his way to the shore of a small cave pond. He appeared to look into the distance, despite most of the cave being utterly dark. [4] Jaffar could just barely determine that Winfield's eyes were focused on something. [2] But he couldn't determine what.

Jaffar and Kayle started to hear a noise that sounded like rushing water. Winfield appeared to react to this, stepping away from the water, and looking at his shoes for a few moments. He continued until he reached the drier portion of the gravel away from the water.

Then, some thing, colored teal, approached Winfield from the water. It appeared to be wearing human clothes--but its coat was unbuttoned and there were blue splotches all over it. The thing itself was humanoid, with two tentacles emerging from its left sleeve which reached down to the water, and a large pod on a stalk in the place of its right hand. It had no hair, [2] but its face looked rather familiar...

Caplus got up, packed his gear, and left the bar, allowing Aduin to continue listening.

"That fellow's a bit... odd, don't you think?"
"Yep." replied the other guy.
"Indeed." replied the third soldier.

The soldiers all paused to continue drinking.

"I'm really liking these smoothies. They must have costed a lot."
"20 credits each, instead of the usual 4-8."
Useful information? I can't get it otherwise without attracting attention...
"Awfully sour, don't you think?"
"Still delicious."
"They say they taste much like the actual stuff that comes out of a Ravager's stinger..."
"I think whoever tried it first is an idiot."
"Well, they could have filtered out the bacteria... this stuff doesn't seem like it though."
"Well yeah, you know how the government is. The health department takes all sorts of blood samples and the like before letting people enter the conference hall."
"I didn't know that. Are we just going to stand outside then?"
"The commander says yeah..."

Caplus looked around in the main hall for anything to hint towards a staff-only area. Fewer people going by, a higher concentration of employees, or an obvious sign would do.
He located a sign in a far off corner labelled "Authorized Personnel Only." He checked the building's floor plan on one of the fire hazard emergency path displays on the wall. The entrance led to a maintainability hallway, which probably led to the water works but also allowed him to skip all the heavy foot-traffic.

[Roll has been hidden] Caplus made sure nobody was looking, then slipped into the door silently, thanks to his sole-mounted shield projectors.
He moved around the hallway, following the pipes attached to the wall, but also keeping an eye out for signs of psychoroach infestation.

[1] He stepped in a puddle of something. He didn't slip, since his shield was on (to avoid making sound--it pushed him off the surface of the floor rather than actually contacting it) but he noticed it being pushed away from his foot. Caplus bent down to look at it, turning on his helmet's lights, and saw that it was an inch-deep puddle of clear fluid inside a depression in the floor, with what appeared to be a rodent skull floating on top. He saw drops of the same fluid trailing further into the hallway.
He followed the trail down some stairs, and into a left turn at an intersection. Here the hallway opened into a mostly concrete area with a central trench filled with dirty water. The trail of fluid ended in the water, which was flowing south, according to his suit's compass.

(Note: The conference room is at the north of the installation.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:00:38 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 25, 2012, 03:35:15 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 25, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 25, 2012, 04:03:31 pm »

Fire a Wunderwaffe blast at the water to clear it out, then head opposite of the flow.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 25, 2012, 04:50:42 pm »

Kayle put a hand on Jaffar's shoulder reassuringly and elected to bide her time for now. Once she was sure what was going on between Winfield and that creature, she would know what to do. She examined the odd humanoid again, to see if she could figure out where she had seen it before...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »

Jaffar and Kayle shared a moment of quiet reassurance. Whatever was happening here...they would face it together.

Action: Likewise, keep quiet and observe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 26, 2012, 02:28:01 am »

Aduin didn't know Caplus all that well, hell, they just met. Actually, less than that. Even so, Aduin guessed he should help him out a bit...

He got his little reader and sent a message to him.

<Those guys u were tkling with mentioned that tey check your blod before you can go in the conference hall. No ID how that can help ya.>

Finishing that,

Head over to Jog and see if he's busy. Ask (after a little small talk) if he knows anything about the guy in the white coat or that guy in a cloak.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »

Jog seemed content, taking small sips out of a wooden tankard.
Heading back, Aduin greeted Jog again and after some small talk he asked,
"Say, do you recognize the guy wearing that coat over there?"
"That is Dr. Kleyn, one of the three scientists from the Department of Disease Control."
"Why are there three here?"
"The department's been expanded since the elections... that's a bit of an understatement, in fact."
"Well, that explains that conversation I overheard... I mean...! Do you know that guy in the cloak?"
"Heh, just like old times. Anyway, I don't know him or her (OOC: the person wears a veil), but it looks like a Brotherhood contractor... they're assasins. Not sure what they're doing here. Maybe he expects someone to want an assassination carried out?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 26, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

((No Roll for my action? :( ))

Use my powers to determine the solution for this puzzle :3

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 27, 2012, 12:57:14 am »

[4] Zakroff determined that solving the puzzle must open the door, and that the intent of the puzzle was that it was meant to be solved.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107