Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85903 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »

Cole nodded. He was pretty excited to get to work. Some of this stuff might even find a way into his suit...he was hungry, but thats nothing a little spacers rations couldn't cure.

He had always been frustrated with the lack of a proper A.I system for his Drone projects. Maybe there eyes were the key he needed-the brain could probably be reproduced on a more simple scale, or at least cut apart and made to work. Well, no time but the present.

Jaffar walked into the workship-showed his club card-and went to his usual spot.

Jolene Blackok, another mechtech like him, waved at him. She was a lot prettier than Cole was, in his opinion. They were good friends, but they very rarely had a chance to meet each other face to face.

"That was some cool shit Cole. I saw you turn those Androids into trash...and you even got first pick of the parts. I'm sort of jealous..."

"You know me-once I figure this stuff out, it's going on the Net for everyone to see. They're gonna regret sending those things after a mechanic, I guarantee."

She laughed, nodded, and turned back to her own project-trying to alter a depleted miltech bazooka round with a scavenged liquid fuel warhead. She was a closet anarchist anyway, and those sorts of weapons intrigued her, since they could be used by even the lowliest scrub farmer in the outer rim, and could blow a hole through any number of Centauri Empire troops...Jaffar knew, and he didn't exactly agree, but he didn't disagree...but he kept her secret just that.

"You know Cole, if my business ever kept me around long enough, I might consider falling in love with you."

They both had a good laugh at that.

Cole goes to work diagnosing the robot parts. His first project is to see if he can make a simple targeting/control system from the androids eyes and brains, and interface it with his mapping systm.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:23:43 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2011, 03:46:30 pm »

Go to the library's Necromancy section and learn the basic Animate Dead and Life Transfer spells.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »

Go to the library and learn about the ancient Gastraphetes.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »

Herros proceeded straight into the mechanics lab, there was some-one there, hmm who was it again, ah never-mind. Herros pushes the unknown one to the side so he can get to work, creating a metal chord, and adding pulleys to reduce the risk of damage he would not insult Milia by adding a range-finder, instead he would add a small capacitor to electrically charge the arrows, ooh and some flip blades to the ends in-case Milia got into melee, needless to say it would hardly be recognisable as a bow
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2011, 10:05:57 pm »

Kayle looked around the area. What did she want to do with herself right now? ...Well, she graduated. That meant it was time to celebrate. "I'm going to the bar. Can you let me know when the ceremony is about to begin?" she asked the guide. A beer or two and some karaoke right now might be some fun stress-relief.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:14 pm »

"Mind if I come with?" Varron walked up to Kayle. He had no idea what to do right now; He may as well go get a drink with one of his fellow graduates.

Go with Kayle to the bar.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »

Kayle nodded to him. "Kayle Silvertaugh, Master Sergeant, Adaelphi Company. You are?" she asked, holding out a hand in greeting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »

((begin the exposition!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2011, 11:14:00 pm »

"Varron Carse." He took the hand and shook it. "Mage?" He chuckled slightly. "Now, about those drinks.." He gestured slightly towards the bar, and started to walk towards it.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2011, 01:00:27 am »

Ivan walks to the shooting room and fires his gun at the targets. Ivan makes sure to learn from his mistake back home "The children are not the target. Only shoot the children...I mean targets... I presume a one would be a space tragedy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:39:56 am by jakeread1 »
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:29 am »

Whoops, this updated? Sorry gents.

Anyway, I'd imagine Milia is a bit helpless in this situation now, so just go to the library and read the first interesting-looking book.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:55 am »

Hey guys, I have to get some sleep now. I was with my cousin for about three days, and I can't finish the roll tonight. However, I'll have it done tomorrow.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2011, 12:25:47 am »

Aight, get some rest. ^^ We can wait a little longer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards!
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »

I was with my cousin for the past 3 days, sorry about that. Back to work.

Roll 10

Locations:
Centauri University of the Unknown
-Exam Arena
-Military hall (Everyone)

Actions:

Kayle Silvertaugh-[5] Kayle stepped through the door, greeted with the smell of fresh air. Ironically, this felt alien to her. Back in Cyrian space, the skies were never clear. Decades of forced industrial development as an attempt to bring the Cyrus legion back into power had laid waste tot he planet's ecosystem, resulting in a total ecosystem collapse. Practically all natural life save for the few hardier microbes were wiped out in a near-cataclysmic collapse of the food chain, leaving Cyrus' men the last beings on the planet. What a planet formerly overflowing with an abundance of plant life once supplied--that is, clean air--could never be replaced through artificial means, even after centuries of terraforming. She focused on a plant to her right. It seemed strange-almost alien to her. In fact, most of her cousins have never actually seen a plant before. Most stations had no atmosphere regulation systems, but the University attempted to emulate Centauri Prime's atmosphere, and Kayle still hadn't gotten used to the feeling.

Now though, what she really needed was a break. "I'm going to the bar. Can you let me know when the ceremony is about to begin?" she asked the guide.
"It begins at around 12:00, CST of course. It's currently 11. The station, being in a geocentric orbit, is going to align itself with the sun and Centauri Prime at that time, and the view is quite spectacular. With the glass floors in the auditorium, the scene will certainly suit your achievements. "
"Right, thanks."

Kayle was gestured to by Varron, who supported the trip to the bar. "Mind if I come with?"
Nodding, Kayle held out a hand in greeting and asked,
"Kayle Silvertaugh, Master Sergeant, Adaelphi Company. You are?"
"Varron Carse. Mage?"
He chuckled. "Now, about those drinks..." He gesutred towards the bar this time. Not at all familiar with Polaric manners, Kayle once again nodded and led the way.
Kayle walked down the hall and took a left, toward the bar. Normally she would turn right, but this time she was coming from the other side. She had something to drink, free of charge, of course, being a student, before joining Varron, who happened to be joining in for some Karaoke. The whole concept of singing along to music seemed interesting, but it always depended on the music. Of course, with the advent of the internet quite quite a while back, good music wasn't exactly a pain to find.

Varron Carse-[2] Varron stumbled on the way into the room where the karaoke took place. Kayle had convinced him to try it, even though he had never viewed his singing as worthwhile. The karaoke "room" wasn't quite its own room, per se, but rather a section of the bar walled off using a disruption field to negate sound waves. Varron meandered through the field of lounge chairs and couches and reluctantly participated.

Jaffar Cole-[1+2] Cole hauled his souvenirs to the machine works. There, he walked past numerous exposed gears and pistons surrounding a metal catwalk. Below, he could see the ironworks that supplied the mechanics and smiths above with a continuous supply of metals and alloys to work with. Jaffar had always figured that these crazy gears and such were rather dangerous to have, but this was typical of Centauri design. He couldn't quite grasp the justification for putting a hazardous interior design feature into place. Crazy Centauri...
Jaffar came up to a large wall with a single, locked door restricting access. He stared into the retina scanner, opening the door and walking through only to be greeted by a tall, skinny Centauri with a strange device. Arcs of electricity sparked into the floor. Jaffar simply sighed under his breath. He really hated these people sometimes, and smart as they were.
"Stand back Cole, I had to plug this into the station's power supply for now..."
"I see..."
replied Cole, noticing the lights overhead flickering in sync with the device's operation.
"If I could find myself a better way to power the thing, I'll have it in a presentable state soon."
"Well, good luck with that, Ford."
Jaffar knew little about Leonard Ford, except that he never made an effort to interact with anyone other than to show off his inventions. He could barely remember the guy's name.

Cole walked past Jolene, a fellow mechtech like him, and had a short conversation before she backed out to continue her project.

Settling down at his own desk, Jaffar opened up a drawer and pulled out a static-proof bag containing a rather bulky piece of hardware. Opening the bag, he revealed a Mapping System that he scavenged from an old warmech behind the scenes of a battle. It was a bit outdated, but hardware at this point had begun to slow down in terms of improvement, since a faster computer can't quite stop a ship from blowing up.
He started by unwrapping the fake silicone skin off of the eyes and brain. The brain housed a thin square, with "X32" written on the top in bold, and the eyes turned out to be a set of bulky round cameras. Perfect. However, he couldn't help but notice a second component of the robot's brain attached to the same piece of circuitry board: a rom chip. Cole plugged the chip into his computer, and to his dismay, the rom was encrypted. Any modification required a password, and Jaffar knew this wasn't the kind of encryption you could do on your own with an abacus and a sheet of paper.
Luckily for Jaffar, he located yet a third chip inside the brain. This one read "tracking chip." After some experimentation, he managed to use the tracking chip to interface with the eyes and convert the data into map data. Perfect, but the fact that there was an encrypted piece of hardware on his desk made Jaffar nervous.

(Note: You can decide for yourself whether you have a CPU or not, but the military robot's CPU is up-to-date military hardware. Going out of your way to to utilize it wouldn't be in vain)

Gained Targeting System!

Caplus Orange-[6] Caplus chose to do some research. "I'll be at the library if anyone needs me..."
"I'll come with ya."
said Amatin in response.
Caplus made a turn to the right and entered the library, a multiple-story cylindrical chamber with a massive spiral staircase lining the perimeter of the room. This was common Centauri architecture. Those monarchists didn't know a thing about practicality. Caplus made his way towards the rather small "ancient history" section, and looked through the books available. Lets see, "All about Crossbows," "Crossbow Mechanics," "The Advantages of the Crossbow," and finally, "Belly Bows for Beginners." He checked out the book and sat down to read about it, becoming a better crossbowman in the process! Now that he was fully saturated with the knowledge of how the gastraphetes worked, Caplus gained a desire to make his own Gauss Rifle utilize more efficient mechanical principles.

Learned Crossbowman Skill!

Amatin Seathunder-[6] Amatin, now in the library, parted ways with Caplus in favor of learning about furthering his abilities. He found a book titled "The Basics of Altering Life." Checking it out, he sat down reading for a few moments before putting it back, and checking out another book, titled "Necromancy and its Offshoots." Perfect, albeit questionable. Don't be caught using this around anyone important.

Learned 'Life Transfer'!

Milia Kurasaki-[1] Milia covertly followed the other two into the library and set out to read the first interesting book ahead of her. She finds a novel, and spends a bit of time reading it, but finds that it's too nonsensical and implausible.

Herros Machlan-[1+1] Herros, in a bit of a hurry, walks in after Jaffar and bumbs into Ford. Now, normally, he would push Ford out of the way and get to work, but this time, the nobody he wants to push happens to be holding a very dangerous-looking electrical device. Angering him would, at the very least, be very bad.
Herros continued on to another workshop, acquired some pulleys and a metal string. The was rather stiff, but Herros assumed that because it was made of metal, it would be superior to a regular string. He put together the pulley system and turned to begin stringing the bow. Having never strung a bow, he tried multiple times, each time rather intently, but couldn't quite manage to hook the string onto the right part. Gah. This is why you need some prior experience. :)

Ivan the Adventurer-[6] "Wait, there's a shooting range here? Here I come!"
Ivan sprinted toward the shooting range, went through all the necessary paperwork, and showed the manager his rifle. The manager eyed Ivan's bandages, and said,
"You sure did do a good job of getting maimed out there. Anyway, here's some ammo that won't destroy the place"
"Yeah yeah, thanks. Time to start shootin'!"

Ivan entered the firing room, took aim, and fired one of his UPP rounds at the target before realizing he should have loaded a real magazine in. The round began ricocheting off the walls and, due to a stroke of luck, hit Ivan square in the chest.

"Not... again!"

Current Time: 1115

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intel Database (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2011, 02:28:26 pm »

Lacking a close-range weapon, search the library for a form of close-range weapon that is not a sword.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107