Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85871 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.
« Reply #1485 on: July 07, 2012, 01:25:45 am »

"I will have to call on one of my associates... he is a fine craftsman, but also a mechanic. This weapon looks interesting though. If we knew how it was damaged, we could repair it in full spirit, and it's real power may begin to show."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47:41 am »

Kayle tried again with a different pipe cleaner. The last attempt had almost worked, she was sure of it.

Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole

Trying to crack an electronic lock with a pipe cleaner. Any tips?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:49:16 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:28 am »

"So. Which button should I press?" Varron walks up to them, a small grin on his face. His fingers hover in mid-air over the buttons.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 07, 2012, 02:08:25 am »

Jaffar looked around-he was sure no one was pursuing him. Which was sort of odd, in retrospect...

He put a line of medical tape over his cut, and heard his comm beep again.

A Pipe cleaner? He has used less advanced, and certainly weirder things...

Jaffar Cole to Kayle Silvertaugh

You can get it open, trust me. I once cracked an electronically locked window to the Crown Station Brothel when I was 18, with nothing but a slide-disc*, a drinking straw and a ball of yarn. On that day, I became a man. Gold card for members only, yeah right.

But, I digress.

Tried running a small electric current through the tool? Ideally, you'll give the motor controls a small jump-enough to disengage the lock...you have to be very gentle, though, or the door will fly open and you'll give everyone the room an unwelcome surprise...

*Technobabble continues below!*

Action: Offer techno assistance to Kayle! (Hopefully I can give her some sort of bonus)

*Hockey Puck. :P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:23:55 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 07, 2012, 02:32:40 am »

Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole

The Crown Station Brothel...? Well, we can talk about that later. >.> What sort of curve should I put to this pipe cleaner? Up, down, s-shaped, straight, hairpin?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 07, 2012, 05:17:15 pm »

Well, I guess I have time...

Buy 4 ravager smoothies and tell the bartender/waiter to give them to the soldiers. Tell him to say its from a friendly stranger.

(EDIT: Whoops. Didn't notice Jog was busy.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:27:44 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 07, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »

Jog motioned toward Caplus.

"I have a customer, and I'm not sure how I would go about repairing this."
He held up the Thorngun.
"What happened to it, anyway?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 07, 2012, 11:30:54 pm »

"Um, I found it in a pitcher plant."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 07, 2012, 11:43:23 pm »

"Don't press any." Zakroff said as he brushed past him, and placed his hand on the smooth surface beside the button, and began his work once more, after awhile he had got used to the way the world looked when he used his powers and as the grid appeared once again he simply closed his eyes, and begin trying trace the wiring of the console to see it purpose.

Attempt to determine the intent of both the consoles, but don't touch the buttons.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 08, 2012, 12:32:52 am »

OOC: Rolls have been hidden.

Zakroff held his hand an inch from the first console.

"It... releases energy. Might be a trap."

He then held his hand over the second.

"This room... is an elevator. We can go up or down."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:20 am »

"Elevator, you say? Usually the goal lies below, but..."
Check the metal of the capsule for any oddities which would point towards traps.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 08, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »

[5+2] Milia checked over both capsules. They were both steel cases, but if there were any pores in them, perhaps, it could be more of a gas chamber than an elevator. She didn't trust Zakroff very much.
They smelled like... normal steel. There was no musty smell that normally occurs from iron alloys coming into contact with skin, even though it was low-quality carbon steel.
The other smell she perceived was the odd smell emanating from the entire cavern. She determined that it was from the crystals.

"All clear." she said.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 08, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »

Search for any signs of Van Buren, if I find any follow them otherwise follow the team.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 09, 2012, 09:30:51 am »

Amatin was impressed with his own achievement. He didn't merely Detonate a complex shape on a small object's surface, the sort of work he believed beyond his skills just a few days ago - he did it seventy seven times in a row.
It was nice to know that just a few days of live practice could lead to such staggering improvements, but this alone didn't satisfy Amatin: he now wanted to see just how precise his spellcasting has become. And what better challenge than repairing something with an innately destructive spell?
Put the Melted Impact Hammer on the floor a reasonable distance away from the group. Detonate thin strips of metal in its kinetic storage devices in such a manner so as to free them from the position into which they have melted.
After I'm done, pick up the Hammer(or, if I fail to contain the explosions, whatever's left of it) and ride the elevator down along with the group.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1499 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »

Roll 80

Amatin, impressed with the level of precision he had acquired since graduating. Since he knew his powers could be repeated safely, he told everyone to wait a bit, then walked back out into the cavern and set his hammer down on the ground. He backed away, then, recalling his memories of the schematics of the device, attempted to cut away the loose parts.

[2] He heard a sizzling sound. After picking up his hammer, the bottom slipped out and spilled some glowing slag onto the rock. Amatin picked up the metal bar that fell and kept it in his storage for when he better understood how the hammer should work.

After Amatin reentered the elevator, Zakroff pressed the lower button on the console. Nothing happened--no sounds, no response.

--------

Jaffar ignored the door and, looking around just one more time to make sure nobody was listening, whispered into the comms.

It's an electronic lock. It's designed to trip people into trying to pick it manually, so the shape of the pick doesn't matter.

Wait a minute... They usually have a security device to try and detect lockpickers. There's a small packet of red fluid in there. Do you see anything?

Kayle looked at the lock.

[4] If there's anything punctured in there I can't see it.

Good. Make sure not to torque it too hard. You will have to run current through it and hope you can trigger the unlocking mechanism. If the knob is metal, then it's easy to do.

It's stainless steel.

Okay, touch one end of the pipe cleaner to an energy cell's electrodes, and poke the other end into the lock gently. Hopefully you can get a current in the right place.

Kayle did so. She thought that perhaps the lock would be designed to prevent this sort of thing, since Jaffar seemed to know it so well. Then again, perhaps due to the slow transfer of information today, only some companies are aware and keep it as a trade secret. Hopefully this lock wasn't one of those.

[3] After fiddling around with the lock and almost shorting the circuit (on an energy cell, that would be bad!) Kayle managed to find the right position. She heard the click and turned the now-darkened knob. This would indicate that she had been here... but she tried not to remind herself about it because she didn't have any metal polishing gear on hand.

Kayle proceeded to the staircase, narrowly evaded the leaving soldiers, then came to the door to the upper floor area. She pushed the door open slowly so that she could look through it with one eye, using her life-vision to determine the idea angle to view the conversation without opening the door too wide. She could also tell which one was Winfield, since he had a blue-green tint the last time she saw him.

"Hello Mr. Vice President, it is good to meet you here."
"I appreciate your manners, but I'm waiting for an explanation as to why the Centauri are late. Also, you said Admiral Wilheim was with you?"
"Yes... well, two things. First, we ran into a group of Iron Crown soldiers. They are a Vigilante group with an anti-government agenda. I suspect that they were merely exploring the area, but were planning an attack, so I would recommend that you recall the troops you sent to hunt wildlife and instead keep them stationed here."
"I take it that Wilheim was k--"
"We don't know that. Are you familiar with the Madunai Fungus?"
"Yes, I am familiar with the microbiology of the fungus as I was a scientist before my political career. You don't mean that he was infected, do you..."
"He was."
"Hmm, I'd love to know what the effects are on humans."
"I did not witness it, Mr. Vice President. However, according to the Ross who was with me--whom I tasked to defend the Admiral, Wilheim 'went absolutely insane' and started 'mopping the ground' with the Iron Crown troops. It sounded like quite a spectacle."
"All according to our predictions..."
"Oh really? Your administration must have a lot of information about it. I suppose that if our research teams worked together we could find a cure. It seems to be a growing problem, and we almost had an infestation in the Capital."
Kayle could feel some animosity in the Vice President's reply.
"It would certainly be a shame if it went out of control."
Winfield frowned.
"Pardon my manners, Mr. Vice President, but you are no different from the scientists responsible for the outbreak on Marsarq. A lot of Centauri and Ross were lost that day, and we still can't find them. Our teams have been searching for their whereabouts since, and I regret to inform you that we have so far found no trace. Madunai Fungus does not get out-competed in nature, it'll find a way to survive."
"I suppose an apology is due. However, I will see to it that no word gets out about this. You, however, will be responsible for keeping your own men quiet."
"Don't worry, I will. By the way, could I have access to the cave beneath here? I have some curiosities about the fungus and I happen to have a sample with me. If you could allow me to borrow an aquarium as well I could do some science. There's no harm in seeing it myself, is there?"
The Vice President stared.
"Okay... we can do that. We have a distinct lack of information on the Fungus' interactions with water, so I suppose I'll come watch as well."
Winfield paused for as bit, then shouted.
"No!"
Then, he calmed down.
"I... prefer to experiment alone. Other people distract me."

Caplus awaited Jog's answer. Jog continued to inspect the weapon, saying nothing.
"Acid burns all over. Some of the casing is eaten away too. I really don't think I can fix this, I don't have life magic or anything."

Aduin grabbed a couple of Ravager Smoothies from the table. He was a little suspicious--and opened up the lid on one to make sure it didn't actually smell like Ravager poison... sure enough, it didn't.

He asked the bartender to make sure the drinks got to the Ross soldiers...

(Just a question. Is it your intent to get them to speak with you or...?)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:12:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107